Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Wally looks a bit like Louis Theroux as well, maybe he's filming a new doc.

new page = catte

it dont matter fucked around with this message at 12:50 on Feb 11, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

It's odd reading that 2013 pledge thing again now.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)

quote:

We intend to give you the same respect we would give a horrible publisher

Well I guess they weren't lying.

Chris really has a way with words. Wonder how many hours it took to write that letter.

e: I probably should have read that rather than skimming, hey?

WhiskeyWhiskers fucked around with this message at 13:08 on Feb 11, 2016

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

Everything with this guy is about not being shot. He even takes it to a financial level - "I hope it's too expensive for people to shoot at me."

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

a true highlight. brings tears to my eyes

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

D_Smart posted:

I hate* it when I'm right.

Here, read this for a glimpse of how truly hosed they are: http://www.lazygamer.net/gaming-news/star-citizen-working-optimising-network-code/

* not really

The common thread that runs through every one of these articles is that they take Chris Roberts at his word. That makes each of them a complete non-story. I realize that in standard game development, getting word directly from the man or woman in charge is about as authoritative as it gets, but come on - this is Chris Roberts we're talking about. The man's word is less than nothing. Go interview the guy cleaning the toilets and you'd get a better handle on what's actually going on.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

AP posted:

It's odd reading that 2013 pledge thing again now.

The best part is that it was missing for a few months. That's how much they cared.

celewign
Jul 11, 2015

just get us in the playoffs

Michaellaneous posted:

How the gently caress would you even reload this. The magazine is behind your back.

What, prop the barrel against the ground? That's totally healthy for a gun.

I assume there is a reason you carry this on your shoulder, and that reason is probably that it is really loving heavy. Nothing CIG has any thought put into it besides "Will this make us money?"

You guys are really reaching. You're stretching as far to bash this game as whales stretch to praise it and it's pathetic.

Video games have always had silly huge fuckoff guns and that's a good thing. This rail gun in star citizen looks cool and interesting, unlike 90% of the stuff they create.

There's plenty of stuff about star citizen to make fun of legitimately.

Beexoffel
Oct 4, 2015

Herald of the Stimpire

Wrecked Angle posted:

Thanks. It turns out the key to image editing, is knowing when to stop...:butt:

Can we unmelt this?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

celewign posted:

You guys are really reaching. You're stretching as far to bash this game as whales stretch to praise it and it's pathetic.

Video games have always had silly huge fuckoff guns and that's a good thing. This rail gun in star citizen looks cool and interesting, unlike 90% of the stuff they create.

Yes, but they still need to animate reloading the drat thing.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

celewign posted:

Some people have nitpicks about guns, vehicles, no biggie.

I mean it gets annoying when someone gets on your case for calling a magazine a clip but what can you do, gun nerds exist.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Not if they never implement it because it crashes the server

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

This assumes they'll ever get that far.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

celewign posted:

Who the gently caress are you to tell me what I get to make fun of?

If I want to :spergin: about a stupid gun in a stupid game I will not let anyone tell me otherwise.

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

celewign posted:

I or we would not be pointing it out if one of their main marketing for this game is "fidelity"

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

EminusSleepus posted:

I or we would not be pointing it out if one of their main marketing for this game is "fidelity"

Yeah I gotta agree on this point. If they're going to keep screaming that they're the "Best Damned whatever EVER" then absolutely nothing is off the table. They made the claim - now they need to put up.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!

celewign posted:

I agree 100% but I feel they've gone through lengths to try and make the game look realistic (hahhh) what with the clustered cockpits and all, so I feel there's that side to it.

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

celewign posted:

How many of those games claim to have ground breaking realism and fully simulated physics systems?

That's the point - if you're going to make a huge deal out of your Newtonian physics and high fidelity realism then perhaps you don't get to have completely retarded physics and ludicrously impractical guns.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Chocobo posted:

Ask me anything.

Which photoshop utility did you use to get the fonts just right?

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

peter gabriel posted:

I haven't done any gameplay videos for a while because there is a heavy downside to making them - you have to play Star Citizen.
So here is a gameplay vid, no bugs as such, just a bit of gameplay.
Also something before that that will really make u think.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KzzHgoFsEwI

I've also tried using that creative license thing so maybe people can see this one :v:

Booblord Zagats posted:

You can just install the Firebug extension for Firefox and edit in place :ssh:

Iglocska
Nov 23, 2015

Booblord Zagats posted:

Press F12, edit the page before you take a screenshot.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

quote:

I'm actually more interested to watch and see if your attitude changes over time and you begrudgingly start to support the game either again or for the first time.

Peter careful you don't start to enjoy playing it and end up dropping a couple of grand one night.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

celewign posted:

Well if "really reaching" is off the table how the gently caress will the gun get reloaded :confused:

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

guys you need dedication so customer support will bow down to your every request

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

celewign posted:

Please provide some helpful examples of what we're allowed to "legitimately" make fun of

Wouldn't want any illegitimate fun in the thread now would we

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

EminusSleepus posted:

guys you need dedication so customer support will bow down to your every request

Now here's an example of mildly entertaining legitimate fun

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

Well if "really reaching" is off the table how the gently caress will the gun get reloaded :confused:

Like a space musket.
CRobber got fed up with the complaints that it's just WWII in space, so he decided it should be the Napoleonic Wars in space instead.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Iglocska posted:

Press F12, edit the page before you take a screenshot.

Periods are used for decimals in the English speaking world

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Tippis posted:

Like a space musket.
CRobber got fed up with the complaints that it's just WWII in space, so he decided it should be the Napoleonic Wars in space instead.

Are these Crob's 100 days?

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Daztek posted:

You can just install the Firebug extension for Firefox and edit in place :ssh:

I already do enjoy the game, I wouldn't bother if I didn't.
As a sort of janky bargain bin piece of poo poo game it is really entertaining and that is how I see it, as a AAA all in one space opera with $hundreds of DLC it's loving abysmal and anyone buying it for that should be ashamed of themselves.

I can tell you what my 'evolution' will be right now:

Game is poo poo and fun because it is poo poo (we are currently here)
Game is boring when it works properly so I stop playing it

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Tippis posted:

Like a space musket.

Hey now, that sounds kinda original and intentionally humorous.

The joke writes itself, I feel. I don't have to go on, right?

Baller Time
Apr 22, 2014

by Azathoth
Oh hi there, Chris!

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer

peter gabriel posted:

I already do enjoy the game, I wouldn't bother if I didn't.
As a sort of janky bargain bin piece of poo poo game it is really entertaining and that is how I see it, as a AAA all in one space opera with $hundreds of DLC it's loving abysmal and anyone buying it for that should be ashamed of themselves.

I can tell you what my 'evolution' will be right now:

Game is poo poo and fun because it is poo poo (we are currently here)
Game is boring when it works properly so I stop playing it

You are enjoying it the wrong way. You have to enjoy and appreciate it as the AAA title it so obviously is, not on the level of janky Russian games that get put into Steam or Beamdog.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Wellp guess I'll stay awake tonight after all.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

BigglesSWE posted:

Hey now, that sounds kinda original and intentionally humorous.

The joke writes itself, I feel. I don't have to go on, right?

You mean it was rather spaced out from the start? :D

Iglocska
Nov 23, 2015

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

Periods are used for decimals in the English speaking world

Dammit, how am I ever going to prove my worth to Wesha if I make such silly mistakes?

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.
Truly, CIG's customer service is incredible.

quote:

"[–]carl4243 1 point 6 minutes ago
This is exactly how i got my hands on the Idris-M last October, i simply asked if Idris's were available instead of having to get one threw the Armada pack and they said that some were because people were melting their for the Armada package.... then i went 1 step further and asked if any Idris-M's were available... they said 1 was just recently available. Never hurts to ask!! and it can pay off with some good timing! :D"

Wow- they moved heaven and earth to help this guy!

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

G0RF posted:

Truly, CIG's customer service is incredible.

Wow- they moved heaven and earth to help this guy!

I guess I should have dropped thousands of dollars before I called them out on their bullshit. Silly me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Chalks posted:

How many of those games claim to have ground breaking realism and fully simulated physics systems?

That's the point - if you're going to make a huge deal out of your Newtonian physics and high fidelity realism then perhaps you don't get to have completely retarded physics and ludicrously impractical guns.

The joke's on us. They are going to make sure that railgun accidentally kills 10% of the players who fire it. For Fidelity.

• Locked thread