Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
The secret wait list is open again, any citizen reading this you can buy an Idris M if you email support and then sell it for $1k profit on the black market, but you better be fast because the word is going to leak out. As some idiot is going to talk about it.

You might be able to get one of those 2012 never to be sold again scythes too, possibly make $700 or so on that.

CIG isn't going to care, someone melted the original ones right? There's no way they'd lie about that just to make $1k Idris M sales right? If they refuse you the first time, keep trying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geguri Gegogi
Oct 13, 2010

Tippis posted:

Like a space musket.
CRobber got fed up with the complaints that it's just WWII in space, so he decided it should be the Napoleonic Wars in space instead.

I would actually probably maybe play a game with that setting

celewign
Jul 11, 2015

just get us in the playoffs

No Mods No Masters posted:

The true pleasure of this thread is the slow random degeneration of chris roberts's name.

chris roberts -> croberts -> crobber -> crobbler -> crobo -> crebis -> etc.

I like Crebis!

Geguri Gegogi
Oct 13, 2010

G0RF posted:

Truly, CIG's customer service is incredible.

Wow- they moved heaven and earth to help this guy!

Yeah they really did him a solid finding that last jpeg in the backroom for him

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Geguri Gegogi posted:

Yeah they really did him a solid finding that last jpeg in the backroom for him

Yep, just goes to show they didn't close out all the tickets without addressing them first.

A magnificent company that is customer focused.

celewign
Jul 11, 2015

just get us in the playoffs

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

Well if "really reaching" is off the table how the gently caress will the gun get reloaded :confused:

Haha you got me there I would imagine your character will very nicely enter a tbar and then go spinning into space at some crazy velocity

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Geguri Gegogi posted:

I would actually probably maybe play a game with that setting

Come to think of it, isn't that just David Lynch's Dune?

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Tippis posted:

Come to think of it, isn't that just David Lynch's Dune?

Basically, yeah. But with less sandworms, probably.

imperialparadox
Apr 17, 2012

Don't tell me no one has told the girl she isn't exactly human!

G0RF posted:

Truly, CIG's customer service is incredible.

Wow- they moved heaven and earth to help this guy!

I still love the concept that CIG pushes that they can "run out" of JPEGS, but if you get lucky and somebody else melts their JPEG it frees up stock and they are able to sell one again. Like when you melt a JPEG it magically travels through the intertubes, passes through the smegma on the servers, and then ends up sitting in a warehouse waiting for the next lucky citizen to pick it up.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

imperialparadox posted:

I still love the concept that CIG pushes that they can "run out" of JPEGS, but if you get lucky and somebody else melts their JPEG it frees up stock and they are able to sell one again. Like when you melt a JPEG it magically travels through the intertubes, passes through the smegma on the servers, and then ends up sitting in a warehouse waiting for the next lucky citizen to pick it up.

Well yeah.
JPEGs of this quality use up a whole lot of processing force when you compress them. If you hand it back and decompress them, you get that processing force back and can apply it to a new JPEG. I mean, technically, you could just keep using new processing force but think of the costs this would create for CIG. In an effort to not waste backer money, they only recycle the limited processing force pool that went into the first batch of JPEGs, and you don't want them to run out of money because they have to buy new ones all the time, now do you?

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

fuzzknot posted:

I've spared the thread from knitting puns so far. Don't make me use them. :mad:

Seriously, people, don't needle her. She'll start picking you apart.

And then all hope is lost if she starts in on one of her yarns.

runsamok
Jan 12, 2011

Samizdata posted:

Seriously, people, don't needle her. She'll start picking you apart.

And then all hope is lost if she starts in on one of her yarns.

Don't be so quick to cast off. She may have some purls of wisdom. But even if she doesn't, no skein off my nose.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

posting is magic

can someone hook me up with the designs for those ramming parpships for Star Plebean, I'm too lazy to hunt through this thread to look for them and i want them for a comic

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

runsamok posted:

Don't be so quick to cast off. She may have some purls of wisdom. But even if she doesn't, no skein off my nose.

:golfclap:

We are SOOOOOO asking for the wrath of Fuzzknot. Of course, we have weathered the wrath of Star Redditors and Citizens, soooo...

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

runsamok posted:

This discussion is kinda crotchety, but it's beginning to hook me in.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

celewign posted:

I like Crebis!

Crobbler
Creberts
Cronbort
Crumhurt
Crando
Criggbo
Cribbins

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!

literally a hog posted:

:dogbutton: That one's name is "Kana Otonashi". It describes itself as "A playful spirit who has possessed a doll so she can explore the many curiosities on Earth."

It goes to events and meets other playful spirits:

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/66868/star-citizen-fans-from-japan-we-love-star-citizen

same

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

posting is magic

knitting is for knitwits. stop this yarn, it's starting to needle me. don't macrame kick your asses

also i'm a fan of cro-drizzle

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Crobix
Crumack
Crijborn
Creesorts

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Crubbwin
Cruberts
Crillcry
Crixbuck

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Chris Roberts

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Crabcakes

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!

T.G. Xarbala posted:

Chris Roberts

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

posting is magic

crozzles

the crobster

crobbbbzy

tasty cro-burg

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Crozzie Bear

Ratpick
Oct 9, 2012

And no one ate dinner that night.
Hey, what happened with that guy who was going to have to either melt one of his jpegs or pay like $400 dollars for it because some other guy did a chargeback? I'm not sure if we ever got closure on that story.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Cribwits.

darkarchon
Feb 2, 2016

My name is a trolling word
Cri-Cra-Crobbelydoodoo

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Chrissity Crossity Crobman

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Daztek posted:

lol, this thread is amazing

When he puts it like that... Chris says redo it doubles every second so maybe $2500 isn't too much for a jpeg

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?
The Crimperor

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Crowbirths.

Dogstoyevsky
Oct 9, 2012

If there is no Dog, everything is permitted
Corn on the Crob

Crobgobbler

get this

Star... Shitizen :aaaaa:

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Crownclown
Creekwarts
Crabwalls
Cronewick
Cringeclerk
Derek Smart

Samizdata
May 14, 2007
Christwell.

(I mean, seriously, they both say poo poo that isn't, hasn't been, and never will be true.)

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Greetings, my friend. We are all interested in the Stimpire, for that is where you and I are going to spend the rest of our lives.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?
You guys have lost your minds.

Crabapple

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Crebe Crudgington

Dogstoyevsky
Oct 9, 2012

If there is no Dog, everything is permitted
To this day my favorite part of the Stimpire short story is the reuse of "sickening" in the sickening closing sentence sickening.

quote:

The sickening truths have been revealed only today, and invigilation teams are still investigating the truths without setting foot in the galactic space of this sickening empire.

Just sickening.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Please don't doxx me

• Locked thread