Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Azzents posted:

Xin really deserved and needed his buff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bs1lFlSIQF8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents

its even better than I remembered

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
I'm really not sure how to best build Xin at this point. I tried Warrior last night and... I don't know, it still didn't have that devourer + titanic hydra magic that I love so much.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Sexpansion posted:

I'm really not sure how to best build Xin at this point. I tried Warrior last night and... I don't know, it still didn't have that devourer + titanic hydra magic that I love so much.

I forgot to take smite because I was distracted by "Do I take Warlords or Fervor", got counterjungled to the poo poo house. Annnnd still managed to do fine with that new assassins blade item :getin:

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Gridlocked posted:

I forgot to take smite because I was distracted by "Do I take Warlords or Fervor", got counterjungled to the poo poo house. Annnnd still managed to do fine with that new assassins blade item :getin:

Yeah I did warrior + triforce + tank last night, it was not good. I think I might try warrior + sterak's + maybe duskblade? I'm really not sure what the best way to build him right now is.

Also I did strength of ages, maybe that's not ideal. Valkrin did stormraider's, maybe that's what I should do.

Also, my placement matches have been about as bad as they usually are, I'm 2 - 3 and have lost games to some baaaaad players thanks to the typical 2/15/3 Yasuo or 1/8/0 Quinn or whatever.

Sexpansion fucked around with this message at 14:04 on Feb 11, 2016

Gibberish
Sep 17, 2002

by R. Guyovich

Sexpansion posted:

Devourer Rageblade BorK Hydra and maybe a Spirit Visage

Can solo baron at 20 if you get sated and bork

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
You can solo at 20 with sated and rageblade too

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Gibberish posted:

Devourer Rageblade BorK Hydra and maybe a Spirit Visage

Can solo baron at 20 if you get sated and bork

I'm not a huge fan of the infinite lifesteal Xin builds but I'll try it and see how it goes.

SlyFrog
May 16, 2007

What? One name? Who are you, Seal?
Played one game new patch.

Talon - 22/9/8

New patch works as intended.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Devourer and Rageblade felt kinda limp on Xin but I might just have been having a bad game.

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty

Didn't we already go through this problem once before?

Xoidanor posted:

Devourer and Rageblade felt kinda limp on Xin but I might just have been having a bad game.

A lot of it's going to depend on the comps IMHO. That's a great build if you're dealing with bruisers and an ADC, but if there's a couple people with burst on the enemy team if you don't get some builk you are going to just get blown the hell up before you can get your "Olaf with 1%hp but permanently" bullshit train rolling.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

A Stupid Baby posted:

A lot of it's going to depend on the comps IMHO. That's a great build if you're dealing with bruisers and an ADC, but if there's a couple people with burst on the enemy team if you don't get some builk you are going to just get blown the hell up before you can get your "Olaf with 1%hp but permanently" bullshit train rolling.

Enemy team had a fed Lux so I think we might have a winner.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

A Stupid Baby posted:

Didn't we already go through this problem once before?

The problem with that video is that the Xin's build is devourer, rageblade, gunblade. Is that actually a good build in most situations? Maybe it is with the way his W works now, but my guess is that it's actually not very good in most games.

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents
I don't see the point of the new AD item on Talon. You still need Yomuus first for the movespeed during ults, since you'll be ulting sidelanes more often than your own mid lane, and once Yomuus is done, any 2nd AD item will let you murder any squishy, not just the Duskblade.

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty

Schiavona posted:

I'm pretty sure I actually fist pumped to that when I played it. Best intro to a game ever.

Did you forget about the bank heist with Johnny Gat costumes, escaping a plane, then flying back in through the windshield for the world's least safe hi-spot superkick, learning about "feelboss" and then immediately raiding the national guard?

Gridlocked posted:

I seriously don't get Kalista for poo poo.

It is a torture to try to learn her too. I'm used to Ez at the moment and I can't last hit for poo poo on her. Annnnd it feels like I deal no damage in trades, annnd if anyone gets aggressive at me I die because no escapes. Annnd I'm basically useless until I can get a Hurricane/BOTRK

Can someone who plays her tell me how to loving do it? It's driving me up the wall but I refuse to give up.

Kalista really works a lot better with a duo you can work and grow with, especially if they play stuff like Thresh or Bard (Alistar is okay too but that's more of a wait till 6 and then unleash the garbage rear end bullshit). Your trades hit a lot harder when you can guarantee that W damage, push harder and not sweat if you get shoved into tower. Being able to stack up spears on creeps and then Q them into an idiot for big damage is also a part of pro level Kali but its super hard so I just dont play her

fishception
Feb 20, 2011

~carrier has arrived~
Oven Wrangler

Transient People posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9FIPGHL7ZZI

All the excuse anybody needs to buff xin zhao.

https://youtu.be/YtPsTieXSfI

also a valid excuse

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

:staredog:

Still feeling like there should be something better than Rageblade to build but jesus. By the way, AP Rengar might just be the dopest anti-Kindred play I've ever seen.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
Seems like Dev -> Rageblade -> BorK -> Spirit Visage/Deadmans is still a strong Xin choice. Probs upgrade boots around Rageblade time.

If you want to learn tank I'm not sure if Rageblade or BorK is better; however I think items like Sterak's, Health Hydra and maybe Frozen Mallet are good on him because they give you the health edge while keeping you up in damage.

Maybe a Fevor build with Dev -> Rageblade -> Health Hydra -> Sterak's -> Tankstuff could be interesting too.

Also remember your ABZ's

Always
Be
Zz'Roting

Edit: Also is anyone having issues with the latest Radeon drivers in league? I updated them for XCOM 2 cause it was having some bugs with 5.12 but 6.1beta feels like I'm getting the occasional frame skip in LoL, like minions blip up or sideways or I shoot a skill shot then click to move and it shoots to where I moved a half second later.

Gridlocked fucked around with this message at 15:50 on Feb 11, 2016

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

So basically you gently caress your jungler over to get a massive advantage top lane. It's kind of neat but at the same time taking a buff from your jungler that early really sets them back, I'm not sure if it's worth to do unless the Sion immediately crushes his lane with the advantage.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

So who are priority bans now? Xin, J4, Talon, Zed? Also do any ADC use duskblade?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

this is really bad.

fishception
Feb 20, 2011

~carrier has arrived~
Oven Wrangler

SaffronKit posted:

So basically you gently caress your jungler over to get a massive advantage top lane. It's kind of neat but at the same time taking a buff from your jungler that early really sets them back, I'm not sure if it's worth to do unless the Sion immediately crushes his lane with the advantage.

Counterpoint: junglers that don't need blue buff, like aatrox and whoever else I don't know?

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

The real trick with toplane Sion is to invade the enemy jungler's 2nd buff and steal that. Of course you risk getting first blooded, but oh well

fishception
Feb 20, 2011

~carrier has arrived~
Oven Wrangler

Killed By Death posted:

The real trick with toplane Sion is to invade the enemy jungler's 2nd buff and steal that. Of course you risk getting first blooded, but oh well

imo as sion if you ain't dyin you ain't tryin

seriously though nasty jungle daddy sion is super fun

the reason I say if you ain't dyin you ain't tryin is because unlike most champions sion is only mildly inconvenienced by death and you can usually pick up a kill before dying for good, not to mention if you do it on a countergank you can stop the gank by sheer damage volume

fishception fucked around with this message at 16:19 on Feb 11, 2016

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
I'm pretty sure Riot introduced this AD assassin item to try and shut down 3 ADC / 2 engage/protect comps which have become insanely popular in pro play.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

its pretty bad to steal your junglers buff because it puts him behind in levels even if he doesn't use the blue. usually when i see people do the sion thing in pubs they do it in the enemy jungle because no one ever wards and just stands afk under their tower until creeps spawn.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

The Gragas buffs sure are something. Good ganks, good burst, good clears, good CC and I suppose he's bad at something I've missed. :stare:

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

Arrgytehpirate posted:

Also do any ADC use duskblade?

most adcs want to dps instead of just pop people but i think it would be good on twitch and maybe quinn. not as a rush item though.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Lovechop posted:

most adcs want to dps instead of just pop people but i think it would be good on twitch and maybe quinn. not as a rush item though.

Seems like it would be great on Lucian. He could proc it with ult, right?

Arrgytehpirate posted:

So who are priority bans now? Xin, J4, Talon, Zed? Also do any ADC use duskblade?

Even with the nerfs, I would ban Graves before any of those except for maybe Talon.

e: Kog might also be OP right now, we'll see.

Sexpansion fucked around with this message at 16:38 on Feb 11, 2016

SlyFrog
May 16, 2007

The Mash posted:

I don't see the point of the new AD item on Talon. You still need Yomuus first for the movespeed during ults, since you'll be ulting sidelanes more often than your own mid lane, and once Yomuus is done, any 2nd AD item will let you murder any squishy, not just the Duskblade.

I didn't need Youmoos first. But then again, I'm in Bronze.

Of course, I was also playing against someone who brilliantly decided to play Jhin mid against me. That may also have had something to do with it. Gotta play that new character, no matter how stupid the effort.

SlyFrog
May 16, 2007

Radical posted:

its pretty bad to steal your junglers buff because it puts him behind in levels even if he doesn't use the blue. usually when i see people do the sion thing in pubs they do it in the enemy jungle because no one ever wards and just stands afk under their tower until creeps spawn.

My thought as well is that nearly everyone uses the blue, even manaless junglers. I notice the extra cooldown (or notice not having it) on those initial clears, even with a manaless jungle.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Sexpansion posted:

Seems like it would be great on Lucian. He could proc it with ult, right?

Even with the nerfs, I would ban Graves before any of those except for maybe Talon.

e: Kog might also be OP right now, we'll see.

Maybe it's because I'm Bronze but I've really never been scared of Graves. I've seen him get through a couple of times, and he's always been largely not really useful so I stopped banning him.

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty
I am double developmentally disabled when it comes to jungling, especially farmdog junglers - my devourer is always late, I'm always in the wrong place when the enemy decides it's time to do dragon - my ganks are about the only thing that's successful so my highest winrate jungler is literally Leona because she enables my utterly terrible playstyle

I picked up Xin because he somehow dropped to last pick and our Ekko jungler and I played a sick rear end game of "who actually wants to be a jungler" so we both took smite

The moral of the story is even a stupid baby can fall rear end backwards into carrying on Xin because when you staple free crits to a character whose already pretty good he becomes kind of a problem

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

I liked Xin healing through inhib turret for like 20 seconds they do some fine work on PBE

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
new Xin is my endgame fantasy

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty

Sexpansion posted:

The problem with that video is that the Xin's build is devourer, rageblade, gunblade. Is that actually a good build in most situations? Maybe it is with the way his W works now, but my guess is that it's actually not very good in most games.

Firebert posted:

I liked Xin healing through inhib turret for like 20 seconds they do some fine work on PBE

That's what I meant, I thought they fixed Xin being able to heal his dumb rear end off turrets but I guess that was a fever dream

Azzents
Oct 19, 2010

"Quoting, like smoking, is a dirty habit to which I am devoted."

Firebert posted:

Everyone knows that PBE isn't for balance or bug checks. It's a new champ and skin showcase.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

with the items xin has in that video the new heal passive is giving him a whopping 18 additional healing compared to having that build pre-patch. i dont really play that hero but it sounds like the flat cooldown on e (so he can max q or w first) and the additional crit for clear speed are much bigger deals.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
Ap xin has always had stupid amounts of healing, it's the free crit for no reason that makes him really strong

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
Judging from the way challenger players are building him right now, I'm going to try devrourer -> rageblade -> sterak's -> tank and see how that works. They also seem to be starting W -> Q -> E with a maxing order of RQWE.

• Locked thread