Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.
Not sure if it's the cause of the problem, but he apparently has a five minute enrage at which point he decides to stop taking damage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

He can also lock you out of any of the evasive type moves like dashes and charges with some of his attacks

seorin
May 23, 2005

2 Sun's Dusk (Day 78)
Of the Seven Visions of Seven Trials of the Incarnate, I have now fulfilled the Fifth Trial.
It's not enrage, unless we're talking about what happens to me when he attacks me through stealth and breaks it four times in a row then rips me a new one while everything is on cooldown. That's NES levels of enrage right there.

Stormgale posted:

He can also lock you out of any of the evasive type moves like dashes and charges with some of his attacks

This is why I figure I need a better soul shield. I get to restealth once before my hp runs out, maybe twice if I'm really lucky. He frequently goes immune or locks out my charge at the worst times, and counter is unreliable because I can't use it mid combo and if I use it beforehand he just continues his combo until he's good and goddamn ready to stop, breaking the stealth anyway.

Mao
Apr 18, 2007

seorin posted:

It's not enrage, unless we're talking about what happens to me when he attacks me through stealth and breaks it four times in a row then rips me a new one while everything is on cooldown. That's NES levels of enrage right there.

This is why I figure I need a better soul shield. I get to restealth once before my hp runs out, maybe twice if I'm really lucky. He frequently goes immune or locks out my charge at the worst times, and counter is unreliable because I can't use it mid combo and if I use it beforehand he just continues his combo until he's good and goddamn ready to stop, breaking the stealth anyway.

At about 4 minutes to 4 and a half, he goes into an 'enrage' where he does the same bullshit move over and over where he is invulnerable. He stands there, charges it up, and kicks the poo poo out of you, then charges it up again etc. Far as I know, that is the enrage.

I kept getting him to that point by playing conservatively, lots of juggles and disables and stuff and eventually he just said gently caress me and ate my lunch each time.

seorin
May 23, 2005

2 Sun's Dusk (Day 78)
Of the Seven Visions of Seven Trials of the Incarnate, I have now fulfilled the Fifth Trial.
I've never lasted that long, but I have gotten him close several times. Here's a good example of the poo poo that keeps happening:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T60UjGKAvWw

0:38 - Shadow Dash fails for no reason.
1:34 - Hook Kick fails because he started an attack that made him invulnerable.
1:36 - Get hit by AoE even when standing outside the circle.
1:38 - Stealth, but Junghado gives no fucks and just keeps attacking anyway.
1:52 - Teleport right before Junghado charges, but get placed at the end of his charge--right next to him, where I can't stealth.

I certainly make mistakes, but it doesn't feel like that's what's holding me back. It's bugs like the shadow dash fail or really unfortunate timing like the hook kick or the teleport. Attacking me through stealth is kinda bullshit, too, but if it were only that I'd be fine (the hulking augerite does that too and I still got past it--several times, as I've broken my weapon three times attempting Junghado).

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

So how big of a difference is there between a blade dancer and blade master?

mightygerm
Jun 29, 2002

Lyer posted:

They are basically different classes. They have some similar skills but they play almost completely differently.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

seorin posted:

I've never lasted that long, but I have gotten him close several times. Here's a good example of the poo poo that keeps happening:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T60UjGKAvWw

0:38 - Shadow Dash fails for no reason.
1:34 - Hook Kick fails because he started an attack that made him invulnerable.
1:36 - Get hit by AoE even when standing outside the circle.
1:38 - Stealth, but Junghado gives no fucks and just keeps attacking anyway.
1:52 - Teleport right before Junghado charges, but get placed at the end of his charge--right next to him, where I can't stealth.

I certainly make mistakes, but it doesn't feel like that's what's holding me back. It's bugs like the shadow dash fail or really unfortunate timing like the hook kick or the teleport. Attacking me through stealth is kinda bullshit, too, but if it were only that I'd be fine (the hulking augerite does that too and I still got past it--several times, as I've broken my weapon three times attempting Junghado).

Actually, hitting you while you're in stealth is good and cool

>:(

Haroshia
Feb 27, 2011

You think this is a game?

Lyer posted:

One is good. The other is Blade Master.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Blade Master is taller.

Skylight
Nov 25, 2011

DIE TO THE DEATH!
SENTANCE TO DEATH!
GREAT EQUALIZER IS THE DEATH!

Blade Dancers are death with tiny little cat feet.

I have no idea what Blade Masters do, and I really don't care to find out because they don't have paw pads. :colbert:

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Dear NCSOFT,

Can we please get a couple of new costumes that aren't red and black stripper attire? :negative:

jaffyjaffy
Sep 27, 2010
Speaking of Blade Master, should they be hitting enrage on the 5F boss, with a relatively large amount of health left (60k-100k)? A friend is having a lot of issues but from what I've heard from other places their PvE performance is just fine, PvP is where they have some issues.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Your Computer posted:

Dear NCSOFT,

Can we please get a couple of new costumes that aren't red and black stripper attire? :negative:

I don't like the stripper part, but the fact that they break the theming hard is an issue. I like this because its dumb anime wuxia. It'll end up like TERA where nothing people wear actually looks like it belongs in the game.

The stripper part just means that a ton of people will wear it. :negative:

Eimi fucked around with this message at 05:59 on Feb 11, 2016

skystream92
Jul 1, 2007
Does anyone know how to get rid of the mouse input lag? It makes pvping as a FM almost impossible because you can't chain rmb > lmb > 1 > rmb > lmb > 1 quickly enough.

nogic
Jul 6, 2002
I'm having issues with the mouse cursor escaping the game window into my other monitor. I should mention that I do have the game set to full screen. It looks like the mouse will move outside slightly and get pulled back almost immediately, but sometimes it breaks free and goes into the other monitor and I lose focus. I couldn't find a mouse lock option anywhere, or an exclusive full screen option either. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

nogic posted:

I'm having issues with the mouse cursor escaping the game window into my other monitor. I should mention that I do have the game set to full screen. It looks like the mouse will move outside slightly and get pulled back almost immediately, but sometimes it breaks free and goes into the other monitor and I lose focus. I couldn't find a mouse lock option anywhere, or an exclusive full screen option either. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Do go into true fullscreen, you need to press ALT+Enter at the exact same time. Why they made it this hidden, I'll never know :iiam:

As for the mouse escaping, I found that if I ALT-Tab out of the game and then ALT-Tab back into the game it stays within the window.

Mao
Apr 18, 2007

nogic posted:

I have this problem as well, and I find I have to make certain I pick a window outside the game, then Alt tab into the game. if I just click into the game it will sometimes have the mouse wander off. Wish I had a more technical answer, but thats all I got.

As to Junghado's poo poo going through stealth I was reading some guides and some of his attacks apparently see through stealth. Especially if you are visible when he starts his bullshit chain of attacks. Apparently if he can start charging it you'll still get hit.

My problem is currently as a Blade Dancer I haven't found out how to have enough Iframes to survive his bullshit. I can get out of one of them, but spin to win hasn't been working cause they are combos and I might beat the first one, but the later ones kick me into the air and I just die. Also its really just bullshit when I have him in the force choke move, and he still manages to cast his ice aoe on the ground and crap, but I can't do any evasion cause I'm locked into place cause of my force choke. Seems a number of his attacks can happen even when he's under some stun effect. Its... annoying. At the moment it feels more like I'm fighting the game's BS than I am fighting him. Was doing the fight with True Profane, so I don't know if weapon upgrades and new Soul Shields will help, but it just feels like at a point the game just starts cheesing the fight against you.

seorin
May 23, 2005

2 Sun's Dusk (Day 78)

Mao posted:

At the moment it feels more like I'm fighting the game's BS than I am fighting him. Was doing the fight with True Profane, so I don't know if weapon upgrades and new Soul Shields will help, but it just feels like at a point the game just starts cheesing the fight against you.

I'm honestly glad it's not just me. That does make me feel a bit better about the hours I wasted trying to get past all the BS before finally giving up.

:smith::hf::smith:

Anarkii
Dec 30, 2008

skystream92 posted:

Does anyone know how to get rid of the mouse input lag? It makes pvping as a FM almost impossible because you can't chain rmb > lmb > 1 > rmb > lmb > 1 quickly enough.

Rebind them to keys. Default is R for LMB and commonly T is used for RMB.

Karistar
Jan 5, 2012
Is the focus proc buff to Awakened Siren and beyond as powerful as I think it is? I'm still on True Profane due to gold issues (which should be rectified pretty quickly now that there's another set of 24 man dailies), but it almost sounds like as if I can stay on Draw Stance forever if I'm not tanking, even if I'm spamming RMB-LMB all day.

RPZip
Feb 6, 2009

WORDS IN THE HEART
CANNOT BE TAKEN

Karistar posted:

Is the focus proc buff to Awakened Siren and beyond as powerful as I think it is? I'm still on True Profane due to gold issues (which should be rectified pretty quickly now that there's another set of 24 man dailies), but it almost sounds like as if I can stay on Draw Stance forever if I'm not tanking, even if I'm spamming RMB-LMB all day.

It'll depend on the proc rate. The reason True Profane was so nice is that a steady stream of focus means it's very unlikely that parts of the proc will be wasted, whereas random +100 focus procs might show up when you're at full or near-full regardless and then not proc when you actually do need it to fill up the bar. Between the bonus damage on [skill], the buff to the focus proc and everything else it's probably better than 'close to on par with' the True Profane weapon now, but it's still a lower priority than kitting yourself out in some fancy gems.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

How is it still so hard to find a good PUG for Poh 6? They don't even deal with the patrols on the way to the bosses and leave anyone who gets hit for dead.

Karistar
Jan 5, 2012

Unguided posted:

How is it still so hard to find a good PUG for Poh 6? They don't even deal with the patrols on the way to the bosses and leave anyone who gets hit for dead.

Apparently the ability to skip the mobs at the start is your indication of your skill, or something like that. It's the speed-running mindset.
Out of all the 6-man Poharan runs I've done, only twice have we ever deliberately cleared the first section up to Slashimi. The other few times we cleared some mobs was because a bunch of Destroyers didn't make it and just spammed their spins, so everyone jumped in. People otherwise usually tell you to just die and res, but there are a few terrible pubbies who would drop group just because a few people didn't make it in one run.

Party Finder is usually more reliable on getting 'working' parties (though take time to fill up at times), whereas the Cross-Dungeon Server is a bit hit-and-miss with occasionally there being a few people who refuse to get the Moonwater set for some reason, so only have 13k HP, or the level 35 guy who insists on staying in the group.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

seorin posted:

I'm honestly glad it's not just me. That does make me feel a bit better about the hours I wasted trying to get past all the BS before finally giving up.

:smith::hf::smith:

Yeah he's kinda bullshit, the trick is understanding what his most damaging attacks are:

1) double slash, teleport behind, slash once then counter stance into stun into Draw attack
This is the big one, when he teleports behind you break his counter then prepare for the stun

2) His stacking ice damage, 2 stacks of chill then 1 more hit and you get a bomb, he hits you again you explode

Your goal is to basically chain CC him during safe phases as CCing him can cause his move priority to get wierd (if you grab him during the counter-> stun combo he can instantly do the damaging move before you get out of the grab animation)

Everything else so far was cool even the DPS check of the augurite but he just feel so bad.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Karistar posted:

Apparently the ability to skip the mobs at the start is your indication of your skill, or something like that. It's the speed-running mindset.

That doesn't explain the wipes.

Nhilist
Jul 29, 2004
I like it quiet in here
Did I miss the notice, did we de-goon on Jiwan, it has been mighty quiet.

Loose Ifer
Feb 1, 2002
It's Swelling!
Grimey Drawer

Nhilist posted:

Did I miss the notice, did we de-goon on Jiwan, it has been mighty quiet.

They switched to Blue side i think.

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

Summoner goons, there are some issues since the patch.

Cat seems to lose aggro immediately after taunt drops, Doom n Bloom healing is not working properly on multiple mobs, and the left path of flying nettles doesn't seem to trigger the extra damage on consecutive hits reliably. Just stuff to keep in mind, hopefully they'll get things sorted out soon.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Does anybody know how and when a name becomes available for character usage?

I have a name I'm reserving for a Warlock when they release and I want to know when I can actually use it.
Edit: Also, does a name claim span across all servers or is it just the server the character is on? My friends all abandoned the game so I want to roll on the NA Goon Server.

Count Bleck fucked around with this message at 16:39 on Feb 11, 2016

RPZip
Feb 6, 2009

WORDS IN THE HEART
CANNOT BE TAKEN

Stormgale posted:

Yeah he's kinda bullshit, the trick is understanding what his most damaging attacks are:

1) double slash, teleport behind, slash once then counter stance into stun into Draw attack
This is the big one, when he teleports behind you break his counter then prepare for the stun

2) His stacking ice damage, 2 stacks of chill then 1 more hit and you get a bomb, he hits you again you explode

Your goal is to basically chain CC him during safe phases as CCing him can cause his move priority to get wierd (if you grab him during the counter-> stun combo he can instantly do the damaging move before you get out of the grab animation)

Everything else so far was cool even the DPS check of the augurite but he just feel so bad.

It's probably worth mentioning that you can pick up 6s of immunity potions on a 30s cooldown at the vendor inside the tower, I think it was 7 silver for 5. I picked them up on spec when I saw them but didn't end up actually needing it, but if you're having trouble with his long combo that knocks you up into the air that should solve the problem.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

RPZip posted:

It's probably worth mentioning that you can pick up 6s of immunity potions on a 30s cooldown at the vendor inside the tower, I think it was 7 silver for 5. I picked them up on spec when I saw them but didn't end up actually needing it, but if you're having trouble with his long combo that knocks you up into the air that should solve the problem.

Eh the long combo isn't the issue for me, the issue is the going full aggro except for when I can't because ccing him will cause bullshit attack skips.

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

Sadly, I have yet to even reach level 7. Level 3 is what's owning me. I do okay with most of the fights, but when I get to the Bomani fight, I just get peppered with too many ranged attacks. I don't stand a chance.

Mao
Apr 18, 2007

Stormgale posted:

I guess I've just been going into the fight with the wrong mentality. I've been thinking about it more like a computer pvp battle and not an actual raid style boss like something I'd see in a more traditional MMO. I guess it makes me kinda disappointed cause I was expecting a more dynamic fight, when instead I should have been looking at it like a raid, with burn phases, specific mechanics on timers etc. Just a new version of learning the dance and not standing in the fire.

Its kinda disappointing as I was expecting something else, but it makes sense from a coding/developer perspective. I'll just focus on learning the patterns/fight and see how it goes from there.

mightygerm
Jun 29, 2002

GlitchThief posted:

Sadly, I have yet to even reach level 7. Level 3 is what's owning me. I do okay with most of the fights, but when I get to the Bomani fight, I just get peppered with too many ranged attacks. I don't stand a chance.

You need to start killing the adds before bomani comes out.

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

mightygerm posted:

You need to start killing the adds before bomani comes out.

O-oh... Of course :downs:

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Mao posted:

I guess I've just been going into the fight with the wrong mentality. I've been thinking about it more like a computer pvp battle and not an actual raid style boss like something I'd see in a more traditional MMO. I guess it makes me kinda disappointed cause I was expecting a more dynamic fight, when instead I should have been looking at it like a raid, with burn phases, specific mechanics on timers etc. Just a new version of learning the dance and not standing in the fire.

Its kinda disappointing as I was expecting something else, but it makes sense from a coding/developer perspective. I'll just focus on learning the patterns/fight and see how it goes from there.

It sort of is and if you have good reactions you can treat it like that (remember most PVP is combo based too)

But the key facets of the fight are ensuring you are ready for the counter attack combo (he always stuns after even if you stun him or wait it out) ensuring you don't get frost bombed and making sure you can do those two things (frost nova is hella annoying)

Ra-amun
Feb 25, 2011

GlitchThief posted:

O-oh... Of course :downs:

Yep, that's what you need to do. I had the whole back line left and had to kill them two or three at a time while dying and crawling my way to chi recover before I could actually focus on Bomani.

Junghado destroyed me as KFM. I could only get him down to 50% before I inevitably hosed up and took one hit too many. Kinda disheartening because my friend had already taken him down four times before I had even logged on for the day and I'm nowhere near as good at chain CC combos as he is.

Stealthed Zombie
Dec 21, 2007

And Introducing:
Dean "Titty Master" Ambrose
So did AH prices of things like Moonwater Tears etc go up because now that there are more dailies, people are getting more money and are therefore more able to buy them?

Because they really jumped quite a bit. Moonwater Tears jumped up 30s and Moonwater Transformation Stones went up 2g basically.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
The update added more things to use stones and tears on.

• Locked thread