Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM
LIBERALS WILL BE RE-ELECTED IN A LANDSLIDE

ElZilcho posted:

4x the bottle on the left. Was a neat concept and tasted awesome but they discontinued it recently.

Wow, you really don't know beer at all do you? This is what 4x looks like, note the 4 x's

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Pretty awesome

beefnoodle
Aug 7, 2004

IGNORE ME! I'M JUST AN OLD WET RAG
Upgraded from an old stovetop pressure cooker:

welcome 2 Clown Town
Aug 1, 2006

GALAXY'S #2 SCULL*!

*scrunt skull

beefnoodle posted:

im pretty sure i have that exact same one and i love it

ive used it to make lentils, rice, vegetable soup, pot roast, pork chops, and quite a few other things besides

its really easy to use and super easy to clean

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
Make pho broth from bones in a fraction of the time!

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
2016 is gonna be the year of oversized band shirts for me.

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grandpa Cthulu needs his napping chair

Grimey Drawer

Drythe posted:

Pretty awesome

I have the exact same one. I love it. Prepare to make a complete soup in that thing. Including heating it up

Trillest Parrot
Jul 9, 2006

trill parrots don't die

bongwizzard posted:

You all are nuts, that is my current shower head and it is garbage. I have showered in RVs with better pressure and volume.

there's either something wrong with yours or you have a nice RV

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Flaggy posted:

I have the exact same one. I love it. Prepare to make a complete soup in that thing. Including heating it up

I don't like doing that. Surely it's more efficient and quicker to just dump it in a pot and heat it up.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer

Trillest Parrot posted:

there's either something wrong with yours or you have a nice RV

Maybe? I literally spent six weeks last summer on a tour bus with a better shower. I don't think my home showerhead has gotten worse, but idk. For the last couple of months I have been super displeased with it. I travel all the time and like 75% of hotel shower heads are better then that thing.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It could be the plumbing.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Heading back to Jazz Fest again this year. Happy to be staying in the same house I rented last year, worked out perfectly.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Most expensive pair of glasses I've bought since 2004.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

Josh Lyman posted:

What make/model are those?
I just ordered a new pair of RayBan Clubmasters. It was time for the 2-year refresh. I'm wearing Wayfarers now.

Fly with me
Aug 19, 2006

Single-handedly repopulating the Earth.

bongwizzard posted:

You all are nuts, that is my current shower head and it is garbage. I have showered in RVs with better pressure and volume.

If you live in an area with hard water, and don't have a water softener, you may need to soak your shower head in vinegar to clean everything out again.
Or, you may have a pressure reducing valve somewhere in your system that is depleting your water pressure.
Or you may just have poo poo water pressure where you live.
You seem to be the outlier in all of this, so it may just be your specific circumstances.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Josh Lyman posted:

http://www.zennioptical.com/

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

My 2 prior pairs were from Zenni but they don't have anything with a larger shape, so I sprung for Warby Parker this time.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
You say "sprung" but WP still looks super affordable. In my hometown there's an eyeglass monopoly, so the shittiest frames were three hundo plus.

And those look great!

Aramek has a new favorite as of 20:35 on Feb 11, 2016

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:

TotalLossBrain posted:

What make/model are those?
I just ordered a new pair of RayBan Clubmasters. It was time for the 2-year refresh. I'm wearing Wayfarers now.

Clubmasters are the best, they've been my go-to sunglasses for the last ~8 years. I've always went for tortoiseshell, but imo they all look good. Just be a bit more careful with them than plastic frames, they bend more easily (don't, say, lend them to a friend who leaves them in their jacket pocket...).

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

foutre posted:

Clubmasters are the best, they've been my go-to sunglasses for the last ~8 years. I've always went for tortoiseshell, but imo they all look good. Just be a bit more careful with them than plastic frames, they bend more easily (don't, say, lend them to a friend who leaves them in their jacket pocket...).

They'll be my main prescription eye glasses, not sunglasses.
I do have prescription sunglasses, too, because I am drat near blind.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
my only objective when buying glasses is to buy them as cheaply as possible while not looking like I got them out of a sorority grab bag, or movie-theater 3D glasses drop box.

Because I will scratch and destroy, or lose them at a speed directly proportional to how much I paid for them.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

blarzgh posted:

my only objective when buying glasses is to buy them as cheaply as possible while not looking like I got them out of a sorority grab bag, or movie-theater 3D glasses drop box.

Because I will scratch and destroy, or lose them at a speed directly proportional to how much I paid for them.

This is why I just buy fOakleys every time. Spend $15 on a pair of glasses that look identical to the real thing, then get some polarized lenses for $20-$30.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Mu Zeta posted:

I don't like doing that. Surely it's more efficient and quicker to just dump it in a pot and heat it up.

No? I have to cut the vegetables that way. I made a chicken tortilla soup by tossing in whole tomatoes, carrots, and other poo poo and letting it blend for 6 minutes. Dump the chicken, beans, corn in at the end and pulse it 3 times.

I was extra lazy and bought pre cooked chicken.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I mean blend it up 20 seconds and then heat it up in a pot

Toast Museum
Dec 3, 2005

30% Iron Chef
End tables:

KingColliwog
May 15, 2003

Let's go droogs

Drythe posted:

No? I have to cut the vegetables that way. I made a chicken tortilla soup by tossing in whole tomatoes, carrots, and other poo poo and letting it blend for 6 minutes. Dump the chicken, beans, corn in at the end and pulse it 3 times.

I was extra lazy and bought pre cooked chicken.

But doesn't it tastes like hot veggie smoothie? Soup takes a while to make if you want it to be great. The taste of cooked veggies vs just heated up for a few minutes isn't the same at all

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer

beefnoodle posted:

I've got one kinda like this (not the exact model but damned close). Best advice I can offer you is to buy a cheap pair of tongs if you don't have a set, and then use those to open the pressure valve when you are ready to get to your new, hot, cooked food.

Also, read the instructions.

Cooked a pork loin in about 30 mins with it. Just lobbed it in there, added a can of onion soup mix and a bottle of water, and ~30 mins later twas done and pretty damned good.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

Check out my enormous testicles in my TFLC log!

Tickets to see this movie with my dad:

My daughter needs this for school and she wants to learn programming:

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Mu Zeta posted:

I mean blend it up 20 seconds and then heat it up in a pot

Now I have to wash a pot. Stop trying to make me do work

KingColliwog posted:

But doesn't it tastes like hot veggie smoothie? Soup takes a while to make if you want it to be great. The taste of cooked veggies vs just heated up for a few minutes isn't the same at all

I probably don't have a sophisticated goon palate, so it's good to me and tastes good.

Drythe has a new favorite as of 13:40 on Feb 12, 2016

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf

Keetron posted:

My daughter needs this for school and she wants to learn programming:

I'm so jealous of kids these days. Growing up all we had were the 100-in-1 electronic project boards which were just simple circuits. To do anything like what you can with an arduino today was a far off fantasy,especially at the current price point.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

27" 1440p with an IPS panel

To put said monitor on

500gb 850 Evo

aghastly
Nov 1, 2010

i'm an instant star
just add water and stir
I bought the house this kitchen is attached to.

I think my attempt to save it is almost there.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

SpartanIV posted:

I'm so jealous of kids these days. Growing up all we had were the 100-in-1 electronic project boards which were just simple circuits. To do anything like what you can with an arduino today was a far off fantasy,especially at the current price point.

I had a lite-brite. We turned on the magic of shining light.

Kidney Stone
Dec 28, 2008

The worst pain ever!
Nothing special, just a used (and cheap) Nokia Lumia 1020.

It has a good size, great camera - but of course a probably dying operation system, and not a lot of quality apps. Oh well, cant have it all I guess.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

aghastly posted:

Carefully hidden floor in the after picture?

Edit: those subway tiles look great, btw.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

aghastly posted:

Is the second picture the after one?
I like the first better but I'm stupid. With some backsplash tile work, I think it would have been great.

Robawesome
Jul 22, 2005

aghastly posted:

Some nice asbestos tiles there

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Looks great. Major improvement (but show us the floor).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aghastly
Nov 1, 2010

i'm an instant star
just add water and stir

Robawesome posted:

Some nice asbestos tiles there

Yeah that came up in the inspection. They're an asphalt-asbestos combo that were laid in the mid-'50s, but unless I'm dying to rip them up they're (allegedly) safe, according to the group that tested them. I think the floor's awesome though, I'll keep them until I can afford to safely remove them.

Bottom Liner posted:

Looks great. Major improvement (but show us the floor).

Thanks! I'm glad y'all like it. I don't have a picture of the kitchen and floor handy, but the floor and blue continued all the way into the living room. Even the ceiling was a light shade of blue (you can't tell in the photo because it's overshadowed by how blue the walls are), and painting it was a nightmare.

Here's the living room now.