Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

effectual posted:

Luke Evans must have the best agent ever, he's on like a 5 year run of big budget stuff and has seemed so bland in all of it.

Apparently he was one of the last people cast but he's definitely not bland in this one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

New Batman v Superman trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cle_rKBpZ28

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Yo that trailer is fun as all hell.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Young Freud posted:

I love the '70s styling with the color field bands and brutalist interiors. For some reason, it feels more dystopic with them.

I think the choice to keep it as a 70's vision of the future as opposed to a modern one is really cool and allows them to play with that aesthetic a lot. I'm in love with the look of High Rise, like late-period Mad Men gone all Lord of the Flies.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
Saw Deadpool last night, the trailers than ran in front were the new Cloverfield, Purge: Again, Hardcore Henry or whatever, Brothers Grimsby, and the new X-Men trailer. Everyone was laughing at Grimsby but I guess I'm too old and cynical. Hardcore Henry looked interesting just on the premise.

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Yo that trailer is fun as all hell.

Yeah because it brings the theme back to the loving title of the movie, batman against superman. Pranks on us though it's all just a delicate disagreement leading to a triumphant team-up against the REAL villian: some lovely cgi monster!

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Did you enjoy Deadpool

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest

kiimo posted:

Did you enjoy Deadpool

Yeah, it's surprisingly was a lot of fun. The best jokes aren't in the trailer. I think it gets really stuck with it's origin story though... it's 106 minutes and probably a third or more is spent in flashback. That kind of sucks. 4th wall jokes are good. Pretty good action setpieces, but just a ton of loving CGI all over the place, including Colossus being entirely CG and never shown in "off" mode. The white eyes on Deadpool and Colossus looked really good, though. Wade's relationship that he risks it all on is flimsy as hell too and seems to be based entirely on her accepting his manchild tendencies to collect voltron rings and masturbate to coinpurses, there's like 2 references to Wolverine, 4 references to X-Men: Origins, and like 2 references to Ryan Renoylds himself. Also kind of bummed that the program that changes him is not Weapon X, at least as far as it's shown.
The villain is also fairly lame as far as big bads though. There's some gore there, and lots and lots of language.
Deadpool jerks himself off with a baby hand.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

I need more context for that last spoiler.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest

PriorMarcus posted:

I need more context for that last spoiler.

In levels of spoiler:
Deadpool gets handcuffed by Colossus after horribly HORRIBLY murdering some people on a freeway including plastering one guy into jelly against an exit sign. He cuts off his hand...

It starts to grow back, but when it does, it's a tiny little baby hand.

He tells his roommate to leave before it grows back because "it'll feel huge in this hand... go go go hurry"

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Firstborn posted:

In levels of spoiler:
Deadpool gets handcuffed by Colossus after horribly HORRIBLY murdering some people on a freeway including plastering one guy into jelly against an exit sign. He cuts off his hand...

It starts to grow back, but when it does, it's a tiny little baby hand.

He tells his roommate to leave before it grows back because "it'll feel huge in this hand... go go go hurry"

Hahahaha that actually owns

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Firstborn posted:

Saw Deadpool last night, the trailers than ran in front were the new Cloverfield, Purge: Again, Hardcore Henry or whatever, Brothers Grimsby, and the new X-Men trailer. Everyone was laughing at Grimsby but I guess I'm too old and cynical. Hardcore Henry looked interesting just on the premise.

That's interesting that they're pushing Hardcore that, um, hard. I know it got picked up for a fuckload of money at TIFF but never thought they'd be putting it in with the top blockbuster fare.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
SING
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cOdC9qE4llo
SING

resurgam40
Jul 22, 2007

Battler, the literal stupidest man on earth. Why are you even here, Battler, why did you come back to this place so you could fuck literally everything up?
I've seen the trailer recently for Hardcore Henry myself; here it is, by the way: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96EChBYVFhU

Sorry if it's been posted before, but what strikes me is how much more fun it looks compared to Yet Another Zombie Movie using the same gimmick.

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost
Sasha Cohen goes on Kimmel and shows a Brothers Grimby clip that's too graphic for broadcast, so they show the audience reactions instead.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wP_9wGAdrNQ

Interesting marketing ploy. A similar trick worked for the first White Noise. Not a great film, but the TV marketing heavily featured the audience reactions to the one or two jump scares in the film, and it did $49 million in the first two weeks on a $10 million dollar shooting budget.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

I am still baffled they spoiled the Wonder Woman reveal. It could have been a legitimately cool audience cheer moment, but now we all expect it and all its impact has been sucked away.

Also why wasn't this the first trailer? This movie looks like it could be fun.

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

GrandpaPants posted:

I am still baffled they spoiled the Wonder Woman reveal. It could have been a legitimately cool audience cheer moment, but now we all expect it and all its impact has been sucked away.

They wanted the legitimately cool audience cheer moment when people saw the trailer so that they'll be motivated to go see the movie.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

GrandpaPants posted:

Also why wasn't this the first trailer? This movie looks like it could be fun.

Because this trailer is fun but the movie has no chance of being fun.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

GrandpaPants posted:

Because women now have a reason to see the movie.

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
Before she mends must sicken worse
With regard to reveals in Bats v Supes:

They havent shown Aquaman in the trailers, so we will get that reveal

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I hope Aquaman comes in riding a tidal wave, singing A Whale of a Tale, while suddenly everything goes Technicolor.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

SING, BROTHER CLOCK!

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

flashy_mcflash posted:

That's interesting that they're pushing Hardcore that, um, hard. I know it got picked up for a fuckload of money at TIFF but never thought they'd be putting it in with the top blockbuster fare.

It looks incredible, why wouldn't they push it?

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro

muscles like this? posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKPghZ5cc_E
New story trailer for High-Rise.

Trailer doesn't say but it comes out in America in May.

resurgam40 posted:

I've seen the trailer recently for Hardcore Henry myself; here it is, by the way: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96EChBYVFhU

Sorry if it's been posted before, but what strikes me is how much more fun it looks compared to Yet Another Zombie Movie using the same gimmick.

These both look great.

Armyman25
Sep 6, 2005

muscles like this? posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKPghZ5cc_E
New story trailer for High-Rise.

Trailer doesn't say but it comes out in America in May.

So, is this a heavy hand social commentary wherein the people who live on the lower floors represent the working class while the people who live on the upper floors represent the ruling class?

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Ya, it owns.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Heavy handed messages are always the best.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Armyman25 posted:

So, is this a heavy hand social commentary wherein the people who live on the lower floors represent the working class while the people who live on the upper floors represent the ruling class?

Not exactly, but yes. The lower floors are more "professionals" than "working class" in the typical way that's understood.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
U can always read the book, it's short and v good.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

gently caress everything about this

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Firstborn posted:

Yeah, we got Hardcore Henry, Purge: The Purgenning, Grimsby, London Has Fallen, and Superman V Batman.

Honestly, it was really interesting to see the juxtaposition between Purge and London, becuase they look like they have the same core concept (protect the politician from killers), but the Purge actually looked like a way more interesting movie since it seemed like it had a way more interesting design aesthetic and didn't feel like Air Force One 2

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

sbaldrick posted:

gently caress everything about this

Orunitier
Dec 5, 2010

I regret watching that. Is that what watching Food Fight is like? Just instant pain and regret??

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
So High Rise the novel is like Metropolis or something? And it's a good read?

CARL MARK FORCE IV
Sep 2, 2007

I took a walk. And threw up in an English garden.

MeatwadIsGod posted:

It's really, really good.
And not really at all like Metropolis

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

MeatwadIsGod posted:

It's more like Snowpiercer but vertical instead of horizontal

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

With some adult Lord of the Flies.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.

Dillbag posted:

Sasha Cohen goes on Kimmel and shows a Brothers Grimby clip that's too graphic for broadcast, so they show the audience reactions instead.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wP_9wGAdrNQ

Interesting marketing ploy. A similar trick worked for the first White Noise. Not a great film, but the TV marketing heavily featured the audience reactions to the one or two jump scares in the film, and it did $49 million in the first two weeks on a $10 million dollar shooting budget.

:nws:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OsRxpa2LdV4

Here's the new red band. Obviously Not work safe.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96EChBYVFhU

stop, STX Entertainment, my penis can only get so erect

e: that loving motorcycle stunt :magical:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Hat Thoughts posted:

U can always read the book, it's short and v good.

It really is very good. I haven't read it in decades, but I should read it again cause I enjoyed the hell out of it.

• Locked thread