Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Adlai Stevenson
Mar 4, 2010

Making me ashamed to feel the way that I do
but it's a u-u-u-u-union!

I know that's not what people here are like but I felt like saying it anyway

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

I don't get why "there is no precedence for this punishment and it is a completely arbitrary amount" and "the guy who is being punished deserves to be punished" are mutually exclusive opinions but I guess I'm just a dumb idiot baby homer. Who dey

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
For real he deserves to be suspended but not from zero games to almost a quarter of a season.

In Week 17 he hit Maxx Williams in the head for no reason at all and didn't get suspended. After the playoff game he gets suspended 3 games for repeated offenses. Why didn't he get suspended a game after Week 17?

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Uh tut tut, I believe the CBA gives Goodell full discretion in disciplinary matters that are not explicitly covered by the CBA and we should always fully respect his powers.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
Yeah but he caused a concussion and those are big in the media this year. Vontaze would have been better off knocking out AB's significant other since the NFL has already moved on from pretending to care about that.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
AB is one of the most handsome men I've ever seen, I can't even imagine punching his wife...

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

He probably got 2 games then Goodell remembered Pac Man saying AB faked it and gave him a third

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Goetta posted:

For real he deserves to be suspended but not from zero games to almost a quarter of a season.

In Week 17 he hit Maxx Williams in the head for no reason at all and didn't get suspended. After the playoff game he gets suspended 3 games for repeated offenses. Why didn't he get suspended a game after Week 17?

According to the league statement, it is also unprecedented for a player to be 5x in 1 season for safety violations too, and that the 3 games are the culmination of his impressive feat

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
Peyton apparently picked on Eli in the most Manning way possible

Eli Manning posted:

So [Peyton] would pin me down, you know, put his knees on my arms. He’d just start knocking on my chest until I named at the time the 28 teams in the NFL. So I got smart eventually I could rip those off pretty quickly. We went college divisions, different things and then if he just wanted to make me cry he’d say, ‘Name ten brands of cigarettes.’ I’m like, ‘I’m seven years old I haven’t started smoking cigarettes quite yet,’ but that’s when I’d just start yelling for mom.”

will_colorado
Jun 30, 2007

WHOOPS posted:

:laffo: You know he has to still pull poo poo like that, too

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

I trust there's maybe a reasonable explanation, but how come it's taking so long to draw up this arrest warrant?

https://twitter.com/CSNPhilly/status/697896399006863360

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

WHOOPS posted:

This is one of those moments where real life is absolutely better than fiction.:allears:

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Hi Vontaze Burfict deserves three games notice it's Bengals fans saying otherwise.

Anyway thanks for reading.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

WHOOPS posted:

Well, NFC East fans, you now know you have to chant cigarette brands at Eli.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

fsif posted:

I trust there's maybe a reasonable explanation, but how come it's taking so long to draw up this arrest warrant?

Apparently there's a third off duty cop who just made a statement today, maybe that has something to do with it?

This one wasn't beat up he was just there I think.

Nov 6, 2002

WHOOPS posted:

"And then for some reason before he got up he always dragged his nuts over my chin, like that was his signature finish."

Nov 6, 2002

Ryan Tannehill could have used a big brother like Peyton.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

fsif posted:

It only took 4 days to issue a warrant for OJ.

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

WHOOPS posted:

Lol

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Spoeank posted:

Hi Vontaze Burfict deserves three games notice it's Bengals fans saying otherwise.

Bengals fan here. Note my previous post where I say Burfict is a loving idiot and should have gotten more than 3 games.

Also, Andy Dalton.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

fsif posted:

Because the off duty cops are almost certainly culpable and they're trying to figure out a way to spin it. Obviously Mccoy has the money to fight charges unlike your typical victim of police incompetence/brutality.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Goetta posted:

Because no one watched or cared about that game. I agree with the Bengal consensus here that the league is acting arbitrarily and this is bullshit that will be used as a non precedent setting one time punishment to fix the PR from that "embarrassing" Steeler/Bengal game.

Still, couldn't of happened to a better guy.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/697923470278205444

:geno:

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Are there any quarterbacks with 2 rings not in the HoF, or will Eli be the first? (Assuming he doesn't sneak in somehow)

Randaconda fucked around with this message at 01:13 on Feb 12, 2016

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

whiteyfats posted:

Are there any quarterbacks with 2 rings not in the HoF, or will Eli be th first? (Assuming he doesn't sneak in somehow)

Stabler was the only one, and that changed last week

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ross Angeles posted:

Thank you.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

whiteyfats posted:

Are there any quarterbacks with 2 rings not in the HoF, or will Eli be th first? (Assuming he doesn't sneak in somehow)

Ross Angeles posted:

Nope, Plunkett has 2 rings as well, not in the Hall.

Wikipedia posted:

He is the only eligible quarterback to start (and win) two Super Bowls without being inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame in Canton, Ohio.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

whiteyfats posted:

Are there any quarterbacks with 2 rings not in the HoF, or will Eli be the first? (Assuming he doesn't sneak in somehow)

Eli is walking right through the front loving door for those two SBs, no sneaking involved.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Ross Angeles posted:

You're thinking Jim Plunkett, Stabler only had one ring.

So yeah I believe Plunkett's the only guy to have two SB rings as a starting QB and not be in.

e:fb

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

And while going down that Wikipedia rabbit hole, I found the unluckiest motherfucker in the Super Bowl.

quote:

Gilbert is the only player in NFL history to be a member of five straight Super Bowl teams.[9] He was a member of the Bills, who played in four straight Super Bowls (XXV- XXVIII) and of the Chargers, who played in Super Bowl XXIX. All five teams lost.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Plunkett was MVP one of those games and watched Marcus Allen go loving nuts and barley threw the ball in the other.

Eli is a bit of a different case.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

WHOOPS posted:

marlboro camel american spirit pyramid vantage newport benson & hedges lucky strike pall mall morley

that was more difficult than i thought it would be

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK

Spoeank posted:

Ryan Shazier deserves six.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

NickRoweFillea posted:

marlboro camel american spirit pyramid vantage newport benson & hedges lucky strike pall mall morley

that was more difficult than i thought it would be

The hell is Morley, Vantage and Pyramid? I smoke and don't know those brands.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

whypick1 posted:

Nope, Plunkett has 2 rings as well, not in the Hall.

Plunkett should be in if Bettis is.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Plunkett should absolutely not be in.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ross Angeles posted:

Plunkett should absolutely not be in.

He's better than Bettis.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

whiteyfats posted:

He's better than Bettis.

No he's really, really not.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

whiteyfats posted:

He's better than Bettis.

Plunkett was really really bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adlai Stevenson
Mar 4, 2010

Making me ashamed to feel the way that I do
Yeah most of us like to look down on Bettis but he's at worst an edge case that snuck in. Plunkett is a trivia answer and not a whole lot more.

• Locked thread