Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Mr Interweb posted:

Oh okay. Good to see the FBI didn't let him get off.

I am expecting every person whose face ever ended up in front of a camera during the course of the occupation to end up tied up in this in some way

I wonder if the FBI has gotten anyone (or all of them!) to turn on the others in hopes of clemency?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

EorayMel posted:

So what was that argument made by the last ones holding out that "The refuge was in better condition after we got here!"?

That was gavin the radio host and as soon as he asked one of the dudes to confirm the totally-no-duh nature of the assumption he was met with some "uhhhhhh welllllllllll...."

eviltastic
Feb 8, 2004

Fan of Britches

Mirthless posted:

After moving out to Oklahoma I also discovered that Oklahoma has basically no militia movement, or at least not a significant one, despite our extreme right leaning tendencies. Everyone takes "the Murrah Bombing" very seriously out here.

I know, I heard the bomb go off. My point being that it'd still have had that kind of impact if the kids were elsewhere.

jerry seinfel
Jun 25, 2007

Intel&Sebastian posted:

That was gavin the radio host and as soon as he asked one of the dudes to confirm the totally-no-duh nature of the assumption he was met with some "uhhhhhh welllllllllll...."

"Well uh. It's better than when everybody else just up and left on us. It got pretty messed up then"

I'm also looking forward to Season 2 of American Crime Story

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc
i still nominate bagpipes song for best moment of the whole occupation. it seriously didn't feel like reality

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

eviltastic posted:

My point being that it'd still have had that kind of impact if the kids were elsewhere.

Oh uh that's not what I was trying to imply

It was more like "We got militia influence to recede and this time a bunch of kids didn't die in the process!" was what I was getting at, I don't doubt that the OKC bombing would have been negative for the militia movement either way

Mirthless fucked around with this message at 22:24 on Feb 11, 2016

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
All of this is why you shouldn't be trusted with guns, America.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Entropic posted:

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

Entropic posted:

i would happily turn in my right to own a gun to keep a militia person from owning one, that sounds very nice

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

theflyingorc posted:

i would happily turn in my right to own a gun to keep a militia person from owning one, that sounds very nice

A gun exchange program where you trade in your gun and the government in turn takes a second gun away from an unstable person would definitely be a program I would back 100%

Like every time you hand in a gun they find some dude who thinks that they can choose to be governed by common law and just seize the poo poo out of all of his firearms

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

https://twitter.com/KPAULPNW/status/697891430518263808

:3

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc
yay! A group is organizing to help restore the refuge:
http://www.oregonlive.com/pacific-northwest-news/index.ssf/2016/02/oregon_standoff_how_restore_ma.html

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

I'd donate money to that.

eviltastic
Feb 8, 2004

Fan of Britches

Mirthless posted:

It was more like "We got militia influence to recede and this time a bunch of kids didn't die in the process!" was what I was getting at, I don't doubt that the OKC bombing would have been negative for the militia movement either way

Well, yeah, really not trying to make a thing of it - just saying there was a whole lot of awful beyond what happened to the kids, which would keep it not analogous to a relatively bloodless success.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Guns are a toy that we're hitting other children with. The toy is a perfectly fine toy with many uses that other children can handle just fine, we're just not behaved enough to justify the ease of getting one in America.

That sucks but its true and we deserve to have them taken away. And they never will be.

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

Mr Interweb posted:

Wait a minute. I thought Blaine Cooper was one of the final four? But it turns out he was arrested in Nevada?
Cooper, much to my surprise and relief, left with everyone else the first night of the arrests. The frantic four were Sean & Sandy Anderson, David Fry, and Jeff Banta. More on them...

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

eviltastic posted:

Well, yeah, really not trying to make a thing of it - just saying there was a whole lot of awful beyond what happened to the kids, which would keep it not analogous to a relatively bloodless success.

That is a completely fair point! Sorry, I definitely used a bad example there.

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Holy crap :toot:

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

For anybody else who missed the hallelujahs live, skip to 3:14:00
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=616S8t9tek4

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
While I don't see any meaningful gun legislation on the horizon, the ubiquity of the AR-15 / AK-47 pattern rifles in Malheur and Bunkerville will hopefully be a factor in upcoming second amendment litigation. The next substantial question to be litigated is exactly what Heller meant when it said that handguns were not ba able because of how common they were. The NRA crowd has taken this as an indication they need to make AR-15s as common as possible to protect them under the same reasoning. The fourth circuit recently bought that argument and struck down an assault weapon ban. I hope these pictures are fresh in the minds of the next judge to take this question up.

Hermetic
Sep 7, 2007

by exmarx
I heard there was a sacred pie
That Mark would bake, and it pleased the Fry
But you don't really care for SovCits, do you?

It goes like this:
The tarp, the hicks,
The gummi bears, the rubber dicks,
The baffled kid livestreaming "Hallelujah".

Hallelujah
Hallelujah

Hallelujah
Hallelu-oo-oo-oo-jah

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

quote:

"There was a robbery earlier. We know who did it. And we know you're in cahoots."

quote:

Owl lives matter

quote:

Owl be the judge of that!

Not gonna lie, I chuckled at a few of these.

crime fighting hog
Jun 29, 2006

I only pray, Heaven knows when to lift you out
I simply can't wait for a good, solid book to come out covering this mess from start to end. Hell, a documentary would be incredible with the abundance of these idiots recording their own crimes! What a ride!

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

crime fighting hog posted:

I simply can't wait for a good, solid book to come out covering this mess from start to end. Hell, a documentary would be incredible with the abundance of these idiots recording their own crimes! What a ride!

Well, Fiore seems to be into the idea of writing a book, so you may be in luck.

I really hope she's arrested, along with Seim and Hall. gently caress all three of them, they are awful people.

Kro-Bar
Jul 24, 2004
USPOL May
I wanna see the article that draws the direct links between the nonsense Fry was babbling in the last hour to the right wing talking head shithead that put that garbage in his schizophrenic brain.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

Kazak_Hstan posted:

While I don't see any meaningful gun legislation on the horizon, the ubiquity of the AR-15 / AK-47 pattern rifles in Malheur and Bunkerville will hopefully be a factor in upcoming second amendment litigation. The next substantial question to be litigated is exactly what Heller meant when it said that handguns were not ba able because of how common they were. The NRA crowd has taken this as an indication they need to make AR-15s as common as possible to protect them under the same reasoning. The fourth circuit recently bought that argument and struck down an assault weapon ban. I hope these pictures are fresh in the minds of the next judge to take this question up.

lol preschoolers getting gunned down didn't result in any action on gun laws and you think this will?

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
No as my first sentence said I do t expect meaningful legislation. However courts tend to be a step removed from the rhetorical fury of the legislative arena. Hopefully this informs the case that follow Heller.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...
FBI's Press Conference is going on now.

Colin Mockery
Jun 24, 2007
Rawr

Hermetic posted:

It goes like this:
The tarp, the hicks,

Hallelujah
Hallelujah

Hallelujah
Hallelu-oo-oo-oo-jah

Well the ground was cold and your friends were cruel
You called for help and they taunted you
The only one who listened meant to stop ya
He called your phone and he offered food
And from his lips you drew the Hallelujah

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

gently caress me lol

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
At least when he's surrounded he'll have no trouble keeping his head on a swivel

That's all I got sorry

Hermetic
Sep 7, 2007

by exmarx

Horking Delight posted:

You are a beautiful person and I love you.

Shakenbaker
Nov 14, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Ah christ they thanked Fiore for her part in this.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Hermetic posted:

It goes like this:
The tarp, the hicks,

Hallelujah
Hallelujah

Hallelujah
Hallelu-oo-oo-oo-jah

Horking Delight posted:

God bless you both.

Horking, there needs to be another line in there before "And from his lips" for it to work, but otherwise, this is too loving brilliant and now I want someone to sing it.

e: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CwFTApXNGyw Raul Esparza from "Hannibal" and "Law & Order" singing the actual song.

e2: "While sumo-man danced in the nude" for the missing line, perhaps?

Majorian fucked around with this message at 23:21 on Feb 11, 2016

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Hermetic posted:

It goes like this:
The tarp, the hicks,

Hallelujah
Hallelujah

Hallelujah
Hallelu-oo-oo-oo-jah

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos
I found out about this like twelve hours after it happened, drat it I will never sleep or go to work or leave my computer again. When I went to sleep the thread was seventy pages shorter.

I still can't believe the FBI ate that guy's burger.

crime fighting hog posted:

Years ago I heard/read something from a cop saying that he wished they could airdrop disposable cameras (it was the 90s) into the ghettos because drug dealers looooooved taking photos of themselves with their guns, money, and drugs, thereby creating great evidence. This sort of leaves that in the dust I guess. God bless the internet.

I wish I lived nearby so I could offer to help out.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...

Shakenbaker posted:

Detestable as she may be in general she did do a decent job calming down the Andersons over the phone last night.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Shakenbaker posted:

Ugh, gently caress her. Why are they thanking her? She told the holdouts not to listen to the FBI and that the FBI wanted to kill them if I recall correctly. She was sabotaging things so she could play hero, don't reward her for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

hcreight posted:

Detestable as she may be in general she did do a decent job calming down the Andersons over the phone last night.

She doesn't seem to have made it worse (other than her getting publicity being a bad thing), but I also kind of doubt that she did anything that they weren't already going to do.

• Locked thread