Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
solar energy panel
Apr 30, 2007

a starwar betamax posted:

so if your favorite thread for posting about twigs or rocks

Can we have a super special thread about twigs and rocks?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

General Bullshit... At best a lieutenant

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
Can we have blink and marquee html tags enabled

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

social vegan posted:

people of flint michigan upon receiving my envelope: wow great thanks this is like one of those casseroles fat loving midwesterners eat

i bet they opened the drippy envelope exclaimed "hot, dog!" and did a hick jig

then they drank the drips

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

Isaac posted:

Can we have blink and marquee html tags enabled

I will ask

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

My girlfriend wants to know if you will ever do more restroom reviews? She always enjoyed them

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

Captain Yossarian posted:

My girlfriend wants to know if you will ever do more restroom reviews? She always enjoyed them

I'm impressed u can type that well w one hand

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

social vegan posted:

:prepop:

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

social vegan posted:

:lol:
:drat:

Digital Fingers
Sep 2, 2012

Yesterday I got probated for typing U instead of "You" in a GBS thread I posted In last sunday, while I thought that was an incredibly dumb reason to probate someone I thought the warning to never ever do it again lest I suffer a much longer probation was even dumber.

Can someone confirm that it does in fact seem dumb and i'm not just taking it to personally?

Digital Fingers
Sep 2, 2012

^ even typing that makes me feel like a huge bitch but it was pretty silly and something had to be said I feel like.

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.

Digital Fingers posted:

Yesterday I got probated for typing U instead of "You" in a GBS thread I posted In last sunday, while I thought that was an incredibly dumb reason to probate someone I thought the warning to never ever do it again lest I suffer a much longer probation was even dumber rollely .

Can someone confirm that it does in fact seem dumb and i'm not just taking it to personally?

if i had my way you'd be probated just for posting so feel free to also silently suck my rear end.

Digital Fingers
Sep 2, 2012

dreezy posted:

if i had my way you'd be probated just for posting so feel free to also silently suck my rear end.

I thought we were on good terms enfield? Whats changed?

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Digital Fingers posted:

Yesterday I got probated for typing U instead of "You" in a GBS thread I posted In last sunday, while I thought that was an incredibly dumb reason to probate someone I thought the warning to never ever do it again lest I suffer a much longer probation was even dumber.

agreed

Digital Fingers posted:

^ even typing that makes me feel like a huge bitch

tbh, whining about getting a 6 hours probation is p. lame, but imo u shouldnt get probated for using 'u'

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Digital Fingers posted:

i swear if u dont smarten up u will be internet punished much more worse than ur previous internet punishment. u wont be able to post right for a week!!

Digital Fingers
Sep 2, 2012

Hogge Wild posted:

tbh, whining about getting a 6 hours probation is p. lame, but imo u shouldnt get probated for using 'u'

Yeah I know, I was about to go to bed anyway so it didn't interrupt my posting or anything but I still thought it was a bad move.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

u posted:

U

m...mods??!

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
lol gently caress i type like u and ur and y and poo poo all the time. I need to straighten out and fly right :sigh:

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.
let nooner be nooner.

ChairmanMeow
Mar 1, 2008

Fire up the grill everyone eats tonight!
Lipstick Apathy

Digital Fingers posted:

Yeah I know, I was about to go to bed anyway so it didn't interrupt my posting or anything but I still thought it was a bad move.

I think you will find yourself on the rear end end of more probation like this. If you get a 6 hour eat it and post better. (In general)

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
Sometimes i typo nearly every word in a post

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

ChairmanMeow posted:

I think you will find yourself on the rear end end of more probation like this. If you get a 6 hour eat it and post better. (In general)

getting a 6-hour at bed time is like being tucked in by a mod

since im not underage that's ok

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

while we're telling secrets about ourselves i very rarely bother with capitalization, I switch randomly between US and British spelling and i almost never read the OP

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
I think ive got mites on my body

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

Gilganixon posted:

while we're telling secrets about ourselves i very rarely bother with capitalization, I switch randomly between US and British spelling and i almost never read the OP

Sometimes i scroll through threads not reading anything just scanning to see if ive been quoted

Other Barry
Jun 5, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
i think if you're typing an effort post and you type like deadmau5 it is good that you are probated

but if you say "digital fingers u r a human being" you should not be probated

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.
i dreamed i got a probie for some egregious hangover posting (when my posting is at its worst) but when i woke up from my nap it turned out to be a ban. I've learned from that so now I don't post when I'm really drunk or hungover any more, only when i am fashionably buzzed.

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
Ive only been probated once for not swearing

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Gilganixon posted:

The Star Citizen thread is ruining us for other forums I think

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Other Barry posted:

i think if you're typing an effort post and you type like deadmau5 it is good that you are probated

but if you say "digital fingers u r a human being" you should not be probated

yeah i'm jonesing for that sweet yellow text box

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
Ive been banned for posting threats to thhe us government

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

dreezy posted:

i dreamed i got a probie for some egregious hangover posting (when my posting is at its worst) but when i woke up from my nap it turned out to be a ban. I've learned from that so now I don't post when I'm really drunk or hungover any more, only when i am fashionably buzzed.
you got banned by the 'Tax himself you naughty boy

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

Gilganixon posted:

:madmax:

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Spanish Manlove posted:

You should discourage people from doing those things instead of silently tolerating them.

I agree. From now on Genesplicer and the other mods should probate you when you post in GBS.

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.

Isaac posted:

Sometimes i scroll through threads not reading anything just scanning to see if ive been quoted

same. can't wait for push notifications so I don't have to scroll through in the app looking for purple text.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Booblord Zagats posted:

The Star Citizen thread is ruining us for other forums I think

nah it's kind of tame compared to byob posting

i like how every no-avatar, no-rapsheet having jabroni in that thread is the self-proclaimed shitposting king though

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Isaac posted:

Ive only been probated once for not swearing
i got banned once for posting the "i'm g- c-" phrase in a three-word story thread and probated twice because i sufficiently irritated two different mods

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.

symbolic posted:

you got banned by the 'Tax himself you naughty boy

i mean i did deserve it tbqh so no hard feelings to mr. kyanka.

ChairmanMeow
Mar 1, 2008

Fire up the grill everyone eats tonight!
Lipstick Apathy

Isaac posted:

Gilganixon posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Gilganixon posted:

nah it's kind of tame compared to byob posting

i like how every no-avatar, no-rapsheet having jabroni in that thread is the self-proclaimed shitposting king though

Honestly the only good poo poo posters in that thread are guys with Derek Smart AVs and a few BYOB-arians.

And myself triggering Games posters with fat jokes and real talk at the expense of Ben

• Locked thread