Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Twerkteam Pizza posted:

A view commonly asserted by this Dork Enlightenment crowd

I always thought Dork Entitlement worked better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
I can say without a doubt that I don't base my sense of self-worth on my masculinity because I dont have a sense of self-worth. Checkmate. :smug:

Wait, poo poo-

Cingulate
Oct 23, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

rudatron posted:

Well it's wrong to think that you're outside society or history whatever, but merely the fact that you're able to conceive of masculinity of not something that should determine self worth, it's itself a major step.
I don't see that at all! I think for the vast majority of especially the people who're led into the most disgusting behavior by their drive to be manly, it is completely unconscious. You're not beating up the gay/effeminate person because you feel insecure in your masculinity because you've just lost your job; you beat him up because fags are asking for it. But as the alt right shows, when you add consciousness, that in itself changes nothing.
It's too deep.

Being aware of stuff means poo poo. The most clueless and naive people can be super good and helpful, and the most educated and smart guys can be extremely worthless (e.g., me).

rudatron posted:

I mean it's also worth remembering that in it's own time, the Nazis never once managed to actually win a majority in the election, nationally. The SPD had to cave, had they not caved/the communists not been killed, there's no guarantee they would have ended up on top. Long story short, there's no need to be overly pessimistic when were talking about human behavior. Some cynicism it's one thing, fatalism is quite another.

And I mean socially, a lot of progress had been made on gender roles, so even if you may have doubts as to whether someone is being honest when they say they don't base their self worth on masculinity, it's not inconceivable. Certainly it's a psychologically healthy place to be, but one that takes effort, so placing yourself there mentally would at least indicate a desire for that kind of self improvement, a precondition for actually getting there.
I'm not fatalistic - I'm super optimistic, in the moderate term (I'm, if you want so, a Prog). The world has never been so open to diversity, and never before have we had such a critical discourse of gender roles. But the first thing all of this discourse is showing us is always how common, all-encompassing, neigh-inevitable, and powerful gender roles are. (And really, all I'm saying is, don't be a hypocrite who attributes sexism to everyone else while thinking you're above it - chances are, you're not, you're probably just the guy who says he "sees no color"/post-racism.)

To understand the Neoreactionary, first look inside your own heart of darkness.

Pussy Cartel posted:

The implications of the Milgram experiment are frequently overstated and extended to very different circumstances than those it took place in, and the same goes for various replications of it. I would've expected someone so self-assured in their understanding of statistics, neuroscience, and psychology to know better than to use the Milgram experiment as "proof" that people are sheep.
Okay so the strange thing I'm looking at right now is how super sure you are of what I would have gone for had WWN actually answered my question, and how super wrong you are.

Twerkteam Pizza posted:

Just to be clear, I made this post

about Davis Aurini, or however the gently caress you spell it, about how Aurini and his followers generally tie their self-worth to this myth of liberating masculinity that has worked throughout history.
A view commonly asserted by this Dork Enlightenment crowd (we need to get back to the good ole days of feudalism) and bolstered by their reactionary hatred of Feminists, Women's Rights, and Trans Women.

Which prompted Cingulate to quote me and reply

to which I said
(and since I had multiple tabs open I thought I identified Cingulate and this argument in the Jrod DnD thread)

As an aside, Race Realists posted

Which I added to with the reply below (because Cingulate has this annoying contrarian habit)

Which eventually leads to Cingulate asserting that THE MILGRAM STUDY (which showed the influence of social influence and authoritarian control) shows how people tie their masculinity to their self worth because

??????????????????
????? indeed.

Tacky-Ass Rococco
Sep 7, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Cingulate posted:

Okay so the strange thing I'm looking at right now is how super sure you are of what I would have gone for had WWN actually answered my question, and how super wrong you are.

????? indeed.

Maybe if you wanted people to understand you you'd manage to respond in something other than one line nonsense. You elucidate your points terribly, and I still have no idea what you were getting at with the Milgram question.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Jack of Hearts posted:

Maybe if you wanted people to understand you you'd manage to respond in something other than one line nonsense. You elucidate your points terribly, and I still have no idea what you were getting at with the Milgram question.

I believe his point was "you'd like to believe you're special, but in the end you're statistically likely to be guilty of the thing you claim to not be affected by, as proven by Milgram's experiment."

Cingulate
Oct 23, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Jack of Hearts posted:

I know you don't, and then, you're not giving me the impression that you care either way - it seems you're convinced I was going to make a stupid point, because I'm stupid and/or horrible.
Which I have a lot of understanding for, to be honest.

Tacky-Ass Rococco
Sep 7, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Tesseraction posted:

I believe his point was "you'd like to believe you're special, but in the end you're statistically likely to be guilty of the thing you claim to not be affected by, as proven by Milgram's experiment."

I considered that idea, but dismissed it, because he seems well-educated and generally knowledgeable, and that's not how that works.

Cingulate posted:

I know you don't, and then, you're not giving me the impression that you care either way - it seems you're convinced I was going to make a stupid point, because I'm stupid and/or horrible.

I appreciate you putting it on two lines just for me.

I don't mind being wrong. Actually, I hate it a lot, but I have the decency to burn with shame and self-hatred when it's demonstrated, rather than whining. Just make your goddamn case rather than dancing around it. Say what you mean to say.

Tacky-Ass Rococco fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Feb 11, 2016

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Cingulate posted:

I'm not fatalistic - I'm super optimistic, in the moderate term (I'm, if you want so, a Prog). The world has never been so open to diversity, and never before have we had such a critical discourse of gender roles. But the first thing all of this discourse is showing us is always how common, all-encompassing, neigh-inevitable, and powerful gender roles are. (And really, all I'm saying is, don't be a hypocrite who attributes sexism to everyone else while thinking you're above it - chances are, you're not, you're probably just the guy who says he "sees no color"/post-racism.)

To understand the Neoreactionary, first look inside your own heart of darkness.

That reads distressingly close to "who're the real racists lieberals :smuggo:"

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

How dare Al Gore talk about Carbon Credits when HE HIMSELF is made of carbon!

Cingulate
Oct 23, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Tesseraction posted:

Well I wouldn't go so far - first of all, I wouldn't assume people of considering themselves special. Rather, my point is, we should acknowledge it takes a special person to not be awful in this society (Es gibt kein wahres Sein im Falschen). Then, Milgram didn't prove much - he however disproved that it's hard to get ordinary people to do awful things.

I think most of us, including my 'opponents' here, would, in a different context, admit they're no angels, and hardly better than anybody else. "I'm not a sexist!" Okay, our point of reference is Aurini, of course you're looking fine. But really, you're not at times absent-mindedly enjoying your male privilege*?
I don't think people in here are actually delusional about that.

* assuming you're male

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Which is true, but not necessarily something that disproves the assertion that the person doesn't tie their self-worth to an arbitrary definition of 'masculinity.'

Cingulate
Oct 23, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

OwlFancier posted:

That reads distressingly close to "who're the real racists lieberals :smuggo:"
No, and I think that's a dumb thought, not just a wrong one. Of course people who generally stick to a PC discourse are less awful than people who openly advocate lynching. But that you're not them shouldn't lead to a delusion that you're actually good.

Jack of Hearts posted:

I don't mind being wrong. Actually, I hate it a lot, but I have the decency to burn with shame and self-hatred when it's demonstrated, rather than whining. Just make your goddamn case rather than dancing around it. Say what you mean to say.
If you want me to say something about something, ask a question about it. I'm typing way too much already.

Cingulate
Oct 23, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Tesseraction posted:

Which is true, but not necessarily something that disproves the assertion that the person doesn't tie their self-worth to an arbitrary definition of 'masculinity.'
Okay, that's too many negatives for me - can you rephrase that?

I mean, I of course didn't deny that masculinists or whomever we're talking about right now are frail-egoed people obsessed with masculinity. All I'm saying is, that is not a delineating criterion compared to the rest of us.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Tesseraction posted:

Yeah, I'm still really unclear what the experiment has to do with what I said, and I'm beginning to think "nothing at all".

Cingulate
Oct 23, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Who What Now posted:

Yeah, I'm still really unclear what the experiment has to do with what I said, and I'm beginning to think "nothing at all".
So is that you passively-aggressively asking me what I was going for? (Or maybe just you indirectly asking me ..?) I can't quite tell!

Polybius91
Jun 4, 2012

Cobrastan is not a real country.
I don't think anyone here knows what Cingulate is talking about, least of all Cingulate himself.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Cingulate posted:

Okay, that's too many negatives for me - can you rephrase that?

I mean, I of course didn't deny that masculinists or whomever we're talking about right now are frail-egoed people obsessed with masculinity. All I'm saying is, that is not a delineating criterion compared to the rest of us.

Haha, all right: "okay, but that they were talking about masculinity being tied to self worth. You responded about male privilege. These are two different things, even if they're related.

And it's not a delineating criterion between NRx and us but it is an unhealthy element of patriarchal societal structures. This doesn't mean all men do this (tie masculinity to self-worth), but that patriarchy wants them to, as it reinforces gender roles.

Tacky-Ass Rococco
Sep 7, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Tesseraction posted:

It doesn't even provide evidence in favor. This is prototypical ethical reasoning, i.e., "what is the nature of excellence in X?" Some men attach their self-worth to their idea of the nature of excellence in man qua Masculine Man, some don't. "Almost all men do" is an affirmative claim, and requires evidence.

Tacky-Ass Rococco fucked around with this message at 00:02 on Feb 12, 2016

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Cingulate posted:

So is that you passively-aggressively asking me what I was going for? (Or maybe just you indirectly asking me ..?) I can't quite tell!

If you'd like to take another crack at explaining where you were/are going with brining up the experiment in response to my claim that I don't base my self-worth on my masculinity then please, be my guest.

Cingulate
Oct 23, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Tesseraction posted:

Haha, all right: "okay, but that they were talking about masculinity being tied to self worth. You responded about male privilege. These are two different things, even if they're related.
Hm, that was just me being sloppy, or trying to be relatable, or something.
I think masculinity is tied to self worth for almost all men, though of course to various degrees.
I also think this fact is important. (I hate masculinity! It's the worst. I'm very 2nd-wave.)

Tesseraction posted:

And it's not a delineating criterion between NRx and us but it is an unhealthy element of patriarchal societal structures. This doesn't mean all men do this (tie masculinity to self-worth), but that patriarchy wants them to, as it reinforces gender roles.
Sure.
And I'd say, sure, not all - but the vast majority. At least to some degree.

Who What Now posted:

If you'd like to take another crack at explaining where you were/are going with brining up the experiment in response to my claim that I don't base my self-worth on my masculinity then please, be my guest.
I certainly wouldn't like to. I'd do it out of respect, and I guess to avoid being misunderstood.

Polybius91 posted:

I don't think anyone here knows what Cingulate is talking about, least of all Cingulate himself.
One would think so! But no, I'm not stupid, just lazy. At least I tell myself so.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Cingulate posted:

No, and I think that's a dumb thought, not just a wrong one. Of course people who generally stick to a PC discourse are less awful than people who openly advocate lynching. But that you're not them shouldn't lead to a delusion that you're actually good.

I don't find it especially helpful to think of myself as inherently and irreparably evil.

I mean, I do think that because I'm a depressive fucker, but it's not a useful thought. It's not one that I would think given the choice and not one I would advocate anyone else thinking.

It is, rationally speaking, entirely reasonable for a person who does good things and, on balance, spends their life being understanding and compassionate to others, to be considered a good person. That they objectively may not be the best human who will ever live does not diminish that. If you make the effort and achieve good results for the environment you live in, that makes you good. It does not preclude there being room for improvement but there is no benefit to mindless self-flagellation over that fact. Accept both that you are doing well and worthy of esteem if you live a good life, and also that your responsibility to excel and improve does not diminish because of it. Feel good about yourself and look for ways to improve further. Far more rational way to live.

OwlFancier fucked around with this message at 00:08 on Feb 12, 2016

Tacky-Ass Rococco
Sep 7, 2010

by R. Guyovich
That $5 was money that could have gone to charity, or to humiliate even worse posters (jrod), or could have been put in a checking account for later purchases of cocaine.

One day I hope to be one of you.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Cingulate posted:

I certainly wouldn't like to. I'd do it out of respect, and I guess to avoid being misunderstood.

Then do so.

Twerkteam Pizza
Sep 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer

Cingulate posted:

Okay straight up, maybe I just get annoyed because in my head I see you as having an uppity tone, but then there's these tiny hints of self awareness like here that redeem you

Cingulate
Oct 23, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

The meta-Dunning-Kruger-effect: grossly overestimating how well you understand the Dunning-Kruger-effect.

OwlFancier posted:

I don't find it especially helpful to think of myself as inherently and irreparably evil.

I mean, I do think that because I'm a depressive fucker, but it's not a useful thought. It's not one that I would think given the choice and not one I would advocate anyone else thinking.

It is, rationally speaking, entirely reasonable for a person who does good things and, on balance, spends their life being understanding and compassionate to others, to be considered a good person. That they objectively may not be the best human who will ever live does not diminish that. If you make the effort and achieve good results for the environment you live in, that makes you good. It does not preclude there being room for improvement but there is no benefit to mindless self-flagellation over that fact. Accept both that you are doing well and worthy of esteem if you live a good life, and also that your responsibility to excel and improve does not diminish because of it. Feel good about yourself and look for ways to improve further. Far more rational way to live.
That's something I think and talk about a lot. I'm a very detached person - I love to consider things in the abstract, take an Advocatus Diaboli position, engage in counterfactuals, and stuff hardly fazes me. But 1. this probably is a lot easier from a position of a certain privilege, which, of course, most people don't have, 2. this probably doesn't work for a lot of people however you look at it. I think for myself, the unexamined life is not worth living, but on the other hand, Martin Luther King may have been so stupid so as to believe in God, unlike me the enlightened Atheist, but he's still objectively a million times better than I was right? And nobody would be helped by me having walked up to him and telling him, "yeah, and don't forget you're a huge sexist".
So yes, I'm with you. But, a. I don't think irreparably bad. I believe we will continue to improve - that, too, is a direct interpolation of fairly convincing statistics; b. I still think, for the vast majority of people, who are not currently doing much good for the downtrodden, it is not helpful, neither for them nor for anybody else, to delude themselves into thinking they're even remotely ideologically healthy, and this certainly goes for a bunch of liberals discussing sexism and sexists. For people like us (for simplicity's sake, only looking at white straight men here), it can only be good to be more aware of the manifold ways in which we are simply not that much better than the likes of Aurini et al. We're, I hope, better - but not much; and certainly not, good.
Phrased a bit differently, we should, as they say, constantly "check our privilege".

Twerkteam Pizza posted:

Okay straight up, maybe I just get annoyed because in my head I see you as having an uppity tone, but then there's these tiny hints of self awareness like here that redeem you
Accepting that everyone is terrible starts with accepting that you yourself are terrible. I'm getting there!

Okay this may sound unfair, but: answer the question, then. In the Milgram study - what's your guess for how far you would have gone? If you've just read up on the details of the results, what was your guess before that?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I think I can pretty accurately say I am a much better person in almost every way than Davis Aurini.

Like, I would be pretty deluded if I thought otherwise.

I can and probably would argue that it's not really his fault that he's a berk, but I can still say that there's a pretty stark difference between us.

Tacky-Ass Rococco
Sep 7, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Cingulate posted:

Okay this may sound unfair, but: answer the question, then. In the Milgram study - what's your guess for how far you would have gone? If you've just read up on the details of the results, what was your guess before that?

I know it's not towards me, but it's a thoroughly bizarre question. I guess that I forget what I know about the Milgram study for the purposes of my response so that I don't prejudice the answer. Do I also forget any knowledge of medical ethics that I might have? Do I forget my own independent study of ethics? How old am I supposed to be, here? Because at 15 or 16 I might well have just gone "gently caress you, dad." My concept of authority and obedience has (irl demonstrably) fluctuated over the years.

Tacky-Ass Rococco fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Feb 12, 2016

Cingulate
Oct 23, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

OwlFancier posted:

I think I can pretty accurately say I am a much better person in almost every way than Davis Aurini.

Like, I would be pretty deluded if I thought otherwise.

I can and probably would argue that it's not really his fault that he's a berk, but I can still say that there's a pretty stark difference between us.

Jack of Hearts posted:

I know it's not towards me, but it's a thoroughly bizarre question. I guess that I forget what I know about the Milgram study for the purposes of my response so that I don't prejudice the answer. Do I also forget any knowledge of medical ethics that I might have? Do I forget my own independent study of ethics? How old am I supposed to be, here? Because at 15 or 16 I might well have just gone "gently caress you, dad." My concept of authority and obedience has (irl demonstrably) fluctuated over the years.
Well do you?

Once we're in a discourse where we assume what we do is determined by external conditions, I'm spent anyways. I have nothing interesting to say beyond that.

Pussy Cartel
Jun 26, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Basically, there are a lot of factors (age, race, SES, educational attainment, religion, philosophy, etc.) that the experiment didn't control for, and even then the experiment was predicated on having people who are portrayed as medical and scientific experts assuring participants that the other subjects will not come to any real physical harm, combined with the context of the study being a medical/scientific laboratory environment. These are all factors that won't necessarily translate to other, radically different contexts, and taking the experiment's results and then generalizing it to be "all people will bow to authority" is a really, really big leap to make.

That humans can be pressured or swayed by authority figures isn't a huge discovery, the real question is what it would take for any given person to get pushed towards doing any given action, and what factors could mitigate/enhance the effect.

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
The thing is Cingulate, when the alt-right adds 'consciousness', they're not seeing it the way it actually is. They're conscious of it, but see it as a kind of inevitability, this gaping maw from which they will never escape, so rather than fight against it, they jump right in - your mentality, that it is inescapable thing that you should never even consider considering yourself above, is I think a really negative attitude to take, and one that may inevitably lead to your own excursion into a kind of dork entitlement. Now of course, the alt-right sees it as inescapable because of a kind of biological imperative or whatever, but externalizing the blame onto how corrupt society is and how you can never be free from it, I don't think that's much better.

So I disagree, look at your heart of darkness or whatever, but then throw it in the trash. Like, there is no 'real' you, hidden deep in your heart, away from everyone's prying eyes, that then 'reveals' itself at the most inopportune moments. It just doesn't exist. Once you let go of that delusion, you're free to be in the moment.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Again, hard to read this as anything other than "actually you're the bad guy"

Cingulate
Oct 23, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Pussy Cartel posted:

Basically, there are a lot of factors (age, race, SES, educational attainment, religion, philosophy, etc.) that the experiment didn't control for, and even then the experiment was predicated on having people who are portrayed as medical and scientific experts assuring participants that the other subjects will not come to any real physical harm, combined with the context of the study being a medical/scientific laboratory environment. These are all factors that won't necessarily translate to other, radically different contexts, and taking the experiment's results and then generalizing it to be "all people will bow to authority" is a really, really big leap to make.
You're right, and consequently, I retract the following of my earlier statements:
1. All people will bow to authority.
2. Stalin was actually just kind of misunderstood.
3. Coke tastes different from Pepsi, to an important degree.
4. I hate bunnies.

(I'm not sure what it would mean to "control for" subject factors in this study (the control group, if you will so, is actually our idea of people), and the effect is fairly persistent across e.g. ethnicities.)

Cingulate
Oct 23, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

OwlFancier posted:

Again, hard to read this as anything other than "actually you're the bad guy"
Haha, not intended. I was just trying to say: look, even if I give you that, that's aiming low isn't it?

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Cingulate posted:

You're right, and consequently, I retract the following of my earlier statements:
1. All people will bow to authority.
2. Stalin was actually just kind of misunderstood.
3. Coke tastes different from Pepsi, to an important degree.
4. I hate bunnies.

Wait, you're a Stalinist?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Cingulate posted:

Haha, not intended. I was just trying to say: look, even if I give you that, that's aiming low isn't it?

Well, yes, because he's patently a repugnant idiot. But you're the one that said there wasn't much difference between us.

Cingulate
Oct 23, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

OwlFancier posted:

Well, yes, because he's patently a repugnant idiot. But you're the one that said there wasn't much difference between us.
The difference is quantitative, not qualitative? Does that work for you?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Cingulate posted:

The difference is quantitative, not qualitative? Does that work for you?

Erm, you might have to explain that a bit further because I'm not sure how to interpret that other than possibly as a somewhat esoteric fat joke.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Cingulate posted:

Explain why my answer matters and I'll be happy to.

Cingulate
Oct 23, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

rudatron posted:

The thing is Cingulate, when the alt-right adds 'consciousness', they're not seeing it the way it actually is. They're conscious of it, but see it as a kind of inevitability, this gaping maw from which they will never escape, so rather than fight against it, they jump right in - your mentality, that it is inescapable thing that you should never even consider considering yourself above, is I think a really negative attitude to take, and one that may inevitably lead to your own excursion into a kind of dork entitlement. Now of course, the alt-right sees it as inescapable because of a kind of biological imperative or whatever, but externalizing the blame onto how corrupt society is and how you can never be free from it, I don't think that's much better.

So I disagree, look at your heart of darkness or whatever, but then throw it in the trash. Like, there is no 'real' you, hidden deep in your heart, away from everyone's prying eyes, that then 'reveals' itself at the most inopportune moments. It just doesn't exist. Once you let go of that delusion, you're free to be in the moment.
Mentality? Ideology. And we're never without ideology. Is that a negative attitude? Maybe ... if I went into the self-help market, or became an activist, that would be tremendously misguided obviously.

Also I think everyone else is probably fairly well aware of who you are - it's you who you're exceptionally good at lying to (in this regard). You and those like you. People who can see you from some distance, less so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cingulate
Oct 23, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

OwlFancier posted:

Erm, you might have to explain that a bit further because I'm not sure how to interpret that other than possibly as a somewhat esoteric fat joke.
You're fundamentally within the same moral coordinate system as Aurini. You're on different positions, but it's the same axis. For example, consider property. Now IIRC you're some kind of socialist, Aurini is some kind of fascist who probably believes private property is a natural kind.
On a conscious level, you know the concept of property we have here is an artificial construct, one of the ways by which you're chained and so on. But if I take away your stuff, you'll get angry not because of some rational calculus ("Sure, this society is unjust, but for me to ever be in a position to meaningfully impact it, I need to own at least a toothbrush ..."); you'll get angry because you've internalized the capitalist concept, and you'll most likely never get away from that. That's simply how your reward system is set up. Your complete Dopamine circuitry has been wired from childhood by advertising. We're all strange monkeys addicted to lazily dressed up fruit juice. If God dropped you in the perfect classless society of the future now, you'd fail it.
And I think it's similar with all of the axes where Aurini is far off in some obviously-terrible territory; you're not as far on that axis, but you're on the same axis, and you're not at -100 while he's at +100, you're at +15 while he's at +100.

That's me just guessing, though, maybe you're much better than your, or not even at all a, typical straight white Western dude.

So I'm saying, if we look at these people as not being these completely Other, strange, unrecognizable entities, but basically us but a bit worse, that's realistic and helpful (in understanding them).

Who What Now posted:

Explain why my answer matters and I'll be happy to.
No, and, I assue, no

• Locked thread