Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:

Saoshyant posted:

e: nvm, linked already.
Nah, i linked a version that's one minute longer, but doesn't have the 3d stuff.

Also, have a follow-up to the happiness committee.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hh8hkx6uxwM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.

Mithaldu posted:

The forest one isn't very depressing though, it's actually really cute:

Got a link to the 3d version?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhUMVkjBuNQ

Also yeah it is eventually, it's just one of those things I found skimming Jin's other videos looking for a few songs off IA/VT I liked (the 1:30 and Aria of the Planets? I think it is. And I like Ishifuro's songs off there, the ones with the tiny IA and basic drawings), watched it and kinda went :stare: watching her mother get the crap beat out of her.

I guess matroyshka isn't the correct term for that dress type but it reminded me of my grandma's old dolls like that at first.

Stanos fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Feb 11, 2016

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Stanos posted:

Also yeah it is eventually, it's just one of those things I found skimming Jin's other videos looking for a few songs off IA/VT I liked (the 1:30 and Hello World? I think it is. And I like Ishifuro's songs off there, the ones with the tiny IA and basic drawings), watched it and kinda went :stare: watching her mother get the crap beat out of her.

I guess matroyshka isn't the correct term for that dress type but it reminded me of my grandma's old dolls like that at first.
Haha, oh man, that sure is a contrast. And it's actually a decent bit weaker without the animations to it.

Also, honestly, having known Utata-P's work before i expected a few more songs like that, but Chiri Chiri Juso is the closest we came, if i remember correctly. (Look up the lyrics to this one.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3or-lwDi3o

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Mithaldu posted:

Also, honestly, having known Utata-P's work before i expected a few more songs like that, but Chiri Chiri Juso is the closest we came, if i remember correctly. (Look up the lyrics to this one.)

That's Kikou, though, not UtataP. Kikou makes some of the most beautiful, playful songs I've heard, 95% of the time with Miku singing. The only problem is if you know Japanese or have the translated lyrics showing up on screen, they are some of the most horrifying/disturbing things you can possibly imagine. He's weird.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

By "songs like that" i meant "playful songs with a dark side", not from a specific artist. In any case, thanks for linking that!

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Holy poo poo, Bacterial Contamination owns :stare:

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
this miku stuff sounds kinda hosed up

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Looper posted:

this miku stuff sounds kinda hosed up

The weird songs are part of why I like Miku. She's not locked into standard super happy J-pop

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

darth cookie posted:

It's your duty to be happy! :suicide:

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

I know nothing about anime and jpop but my favorite persona 4 golden character is naoto hopefully my opinion on that isnt complete garbage

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Ostentatious posted:

I know nothing about anime and jpop but my favorite persona 4 golden character is naoto hopefully my opinion on that isnt complete garbage

:ohdear:

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Ostentatious posted:

oh dear

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

poo poo

have I hosed up?

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Naoto a good

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

if you people are going to do this poo poo again at least have the decency to argue about cold steel or something instead of the decade old game

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

Cake Attack posted:

if you people are going to do this poo poo again at least have the decency to argue about cold steel or something instead of the decade old game

Towa
Vita
Sara

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Saint Freak posted:

Towa
Vita
Sara

Is there really a character named Vita

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

Help Im Alive posted:

Is there really a character named Vita

Sometimes!

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Ostentatious posted:

poo poo

have I hosed up?

Just pray Stux doesn't notice. Or he'll be all like that WKUK sketch.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

I'm looking at BoF3 and thinking about snagging it. Are there any significant differences to the PSP Breath of Fire III? I heard that the fishing minigame got changed and that scares me. I loved fishing in the PSX version and don't want to play a stupid mess like BoF4's fishing.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Ostentatious posted:

Naoto is pretty cool, and the additions to Golden make her a way better party member

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

U-DO Burger posted:

I'm looking at BoF3 and thinking about snagging it. Are there any significant differences to the PSP Breath of Fire III? I heard that the fishing minigame got changed and that scares me. I loved fishing in the PSX version and don't want to play a stupid mess like BoF4's fishing.

The fishing game only got changed in that you can access it from the main menu to fish for fun IIRC.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Mithaldu posted:

I warned you! :gonk:

That one is indeed super adorable.

Are you just stringing random words together or is this an actual thing?

http://www.mtv81.com/features/live-reports/vocaloid-opera-the-end-starring-hatsune-miku-lives-up-to-the-hype-in-stunning-fashion/

i don't think it's touring anymore but it was a spectacle. the 3D really popped out, the visuals were crazy and the soundtrack was insane noise

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

ImpAtom posted:

The fishing game only got changed in that you can access it from the main menu to fish for fun IIRC.

Did they finally add punctuation

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Skeezy posted:

I formatted the card when I got it. Checked out the issue on Google and it seems like it's an issue with the PSP version of the game. I should be able to save just fine though when the time comes.

It's cool.

Huh, is that why it didn't pass certification until now? It reports the wrong amount of free space back and throws up warnings? Interesting.

Wamdoodle posted:

Holy poo poo, Bacterial Contamination owns :stare:

It's drat good.

boho
Oct 4, 2011

on fire and loving it
Is Dungeon Travelers 2 a good enough game to make slogging through the fanservice nonsense worth it, or should I skip straight to Demon Gaze?

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

boho posted:

Is Dungeon Travelers 2 a good enough game to make slogging through the fanservice nonsense worth it, or should I skip straight to Demon Gaze?

It's more an Etrian Odyssey rather than a Wizardry, so if you're specifically looking for a Wizardry you want to go with DG.

It's both good and pretty drat challenging.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

What's the difference between EO and Wizardry?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Motto posted:

The anime?

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

MarcusSA posted:

The anime?

have you seen wizardry lately in the last 10 years

lets hang out fucked around with this message at 02:43 on Feb 12, 2016

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

MarcusSA posted:

The anime?

Neither DT2 or DG is lacking in that.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
This might not be what he's talking about, but EO is more on-rails builds with guaranteed per-class stat growth and has more modernized math, a helpful exploration UI, and maybe even semi-transparent battle formulas. Wizardry is more savescummy and D&D in its math and stats and expects you to keep track of your position and maybe even inspect every wall individually with next to no visual indicators as far as which walls (or even tiles) are interactive.

When I think Wizardry, I think something like Elminage, where you have to worry about things like alignment, race, stat thresholds for class changes, and even age. EO is very "You wanna put a Ninja in the same party as a Paladin? Brah easy, everyone's alignment is :nyoron:"

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Since we're on the topic, what is the Spieler for since they seem to be a useless poo poo and all their skills cost basically as much SP as they can hold?

hepcat
Jan 21, 2004
"Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos..."
Last week, I finally broke down and bought a 16GB card for my Vita. Today I received it, and when I tried to use it, the Vita told me that it would transfer everything from internal memory onto the new card. Will saying ‘yes’ to this lock me into DLC from a particular region?

The items that would be transferred to the new card include saves from Steins;Gate, both Dangan Ronpas, the Japanese version of Taiko no Tatsujin, and a few free DLC items I got for Taiko from the Japanese PSN store. There’s probably a few other saves that would be transferred from games I tested but haven’t played extensively yet.

I think the Taiko DLC may have already locked me in, but can anyone confirm that? Thanks.

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.

boho posted:

The fanservice is terrible but the underlying game is good (vita.txt) if you like dungeon crawlers with some challenge on them. Even with a party I would consider closest to breaking the game over my knee there's still decent difficulty late postgame and plenty of rear end in a top hat monsters that could ruin your poo poo if you take them lightly. It's also a pretty long game since after the 'story' the otherworld opens and you get a decent chunk of new fairly large dungeons. Plus the subevents are pretty funny during dungeon exploration, there's a lot of character in the characters if that makes sense. They're still stereotypical Anime but it's done well enough. The game also tends to make fun of itself and realizes deep down the fanservice is stupid.

Demon Gaze has less fanservice and it's a nice 50 hour romp. The problem is you sort of have to make your own difficulty since artifacts let you destroy any semblance of challenge if you know what you're doing (A class with instant death mechanics base hitting 2-3 rows at a time, CROSS FIX, casters with both ultimate magic setups, dual wielding a two hander and a weapon that has a 90% rate to stun/paralyze most things on hit, etc) and Exp Inc's idea of a difficulty slider is 'If you don't have a paladin your entire party dies when the boss hits 35 times per round'. I like their games but they're so easy to snap in half once you learn the system.

CrashCat posted:

Since we're on the topic, what is the Spieler for since they seem to be a useless poo poo and all their skills cost basically as much SP as they can hold?

Spielers fork off into either puppets (uncontrollable familiars that heal, hit things, etc) or a quicker berserker-type. The base class is poo poo for reasons you stated, at 30 Soul Summoner or Papilion are decent choices depending on party makeup (need single target? Summoner. need encounter wide aoe? Pap.) and Jokers fill the position of 'mediocre early, hilariously destructive later'. But SP costs for spielers tend to stay pretty high throughout the game with Fried's books covering up for that. If you still don't like them at 30, turn one into a Pap to powerlevel itself later and take a Witch and a Bishop for the rest of story. Circle Heal, Circle Nurse and Witch nukes work together incredibly well.

There's a GameFAQs guide up now too with all the class/skill details for people who bought it on sale, you're the lucky ones that don't have to deal with the hackjob google translate does on the Japanese wiki.

Stanos fucked around with this message at 03:34 on Feb 12, 2016

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

ImpAtom posted:

Sweet, guess I'll be playing BoF soon.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

I was looking through the first part when I noticed that the first couple of lines mentions that the game is an RPG masterpiece. Doesn't it play more like a 2D side scroller?

TV Zombie fucked around with this message at 03:41 on Feb 12, 2016

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Motto posted:

I guess the way I see it is that DT2's customization is a lot more EO in style - you have a number of skill points you can put towards a tree of abilities which is way beyond anything I've seen any Wizardry clone do - and that makes a world of difference. DT2 definitely borrows a lot of elements - depending on somewhat random gear drops, hidden walls, monster attacks through doors, poo poo like that - but the combat and skill systems make it feel sufficiently different to $wizardry_clone that I can't really lump them together. Wizardry clones are usually so close to each other that it's become a very particular, easy-to-pick-out style.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.

TV Zombie posted:

I was looking through the first part when I noticed that the first couple of lines mentions that the game is an RPG masterpiece. Doesn't it play more like a 2D side scroller?

Role-playing game. It's still an rpg since you're playing as different characters in a story. Think table top.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

InfinityComplex posted:

Role-playing game. It's still an rpg since you're playing as different characters in a story. Think table top.

that hasn't really been what people mean by rpg for like twenty years

odin sphere has leveling systems, they're just really basic