Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Man, he cut all the best poo poo from this album. What the gently caress.

maybe it really will be a different album tomorrow lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
lol Cudi shout out.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

Transferrins posted:

They're pretty ok actually but i think his inspirational speeches are cool and then he just slips right into clothes/money talk and it's completely unrelateable.

kanye is not a dude who i expect or want to be relatable

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

setafd posted:

maybe it really will be a different album tomorrow lmao
I'm hoping. It's real hard to get hyped about the album he debuted here.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

the new album was pretty mediocre but that was immensely entertaining

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Kanye was only relatable on College Dropout and like maybe 808s lol.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Dad went to bed, now everybody dancin'

ruddiger fucked around with this message at 00:00 on Feb 12, 2016

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

if this is what a virgil abloh dj set is like he's the worst dj in the world. playing 30 second snippets like a coked out teen

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
I don't need Kanye to be "relatable"; one of my favorite things about recent Kanye is that his music just owns up to the fact that his life is loving insane. He doesn't fake being a regular Joe.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

straight up brolic posted:

if this is what a virgil abloh dj set is like he's the worst dj in the world. playing 30 second snippets like a coked out teen

he's probably just djing the same way everyone djs off their phone at a house party, just taking random requests and not letting anything sit

I turned the stream back on and all the extras partying :unsmith:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I GO HARD IN THE MOTHAFUCKIN PAINT NIGGA

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

i just wish that there was new frank ocean music

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

God I'm so loving excited for Fade though, gently caress Wolves who cares

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EhJv6qBOZbw

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

i just wish that there was new frank ocean music

Same

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

when is this actually releasing, i'd like to listen some of it again

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Well now I'm really curious as to which songs he's gonna play on SNL on Saturday since he did Wolves and Only One on there last year.

Transferrins
Aug 18, 2014

Soiled Meat

Blast Fantasto posted:

I don't need Kanye to be "relatable"; one of my favorite things about recent Kanye is that his music just owns up to the fact that his life is loving insane. He doesn't fake being a regular Joe.

Oh i feel ya, music should just be an extension of yourself and he does it perfectly, i'm just talking about his "can i talk some poo poo" moments. It's seismically jarring to go from "you can do anything you dream of" to shoe contracts or some bullshit in a millisecond.

I really liked everything on the album, freestyle4 was insane and FML as an intro to real friends was really nice and I hadn't heard wolves so that was a super solid back end, too bad this wasn't the cover.
https://twitter.com/kanyewest/status/697834509069377536

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug
Lol at people making judgements off of a lovely stream of Kanye passing the aux cord of his laptop. I won't know how to feel about this album until the CDQ is out, but I think it's rad that he made an album somehow weirder and more polarizing than Yeezus

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Where can I get this album (legal)?

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

when is this actually releasing, i'd like to listen some of it again

The stream's still up, looks like they're replaying it.

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
http://embed.tidal.com/v0.3.6/index.html?pid=0&type=v&id=55824131&relatedId=&token=

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Hmm you're all wrong and this album I heard streamed on Tidal at 240p actually owns

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
The Thugger song is amazing too though so I accept everyone who said that's better than everything on the album

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
All this stuff that I've been hearing on the replay seems a bit pedestrian, but I kinda got the sense after Wolves that he was going for something a bit mellow and almost ghostly, so good for him. But haven't really heard anything that exactly excites me.

Transferrins
Aug 18, 2014

Soiled Meat
Alright on the replay i guess it's not that drastic of a transition between his dreams of being an artist in multiple media forms and his shoe distribution systems.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
So now we gotta listen to everyone lie about how great this album is.

Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP FOREVER.
Yeezus blew and was said to be rushed by Rubin, I'm getting the same vibe here. Dude is too busy to put good time into his work. Surrounded by ye(s) men. Etc. gonna b emarassin when views bless this away.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Oh, I don't know what I was catching on the replay before, but now I'm hearing the album from the beginning, it's not too bad. I''m fond of Freestyle 4, looking forward to that coming out.

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

I'm almost certain that No More Parties in LA isn't on the album because the Kendrick Lamar verse is orders of magnitude better then Kanye's, Similar to Control

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug
lmao Kendrick's verse was at most on par with Kanye's

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
Reaction: Thug almost ruined Kanye's Dark Twisted Weirdo Bare Tiddy Mood Show.

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
Someone on Reddit posted that Vic Mensa's manager tweeted that Wolves isn't done

atrus50
Dec 24, 2008

Good Will Hrunting posted:

Someone on Reddit posted that Vic Mensa's manager tweeted that Wolves isn't done

We'll probably get a patched version for the physical release

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Good Will Hrunting posted:

Huh. So then what are the odds that the album played at MSG was just a demo version of the actual album which is coming way later?

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008
When are we going to actually get this album released? I really want to listen to it.

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

:iiam: I would assume tomorrow but who knows at this point.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

All his original tweet said was Swish February 11. He didn't really elaborate on the album release beyond that on Twitter or at the MSG event earlier so it's pretty unclear. He's released tracklists on Twitter but no definitive album release details (date, format, etc.). All we can do is speculate.

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug

Huh. So then what are the odds that the album played at MSG was just a demo version of the actual album which is coming way later?

I recall him tweeting a few days ago that no one should disturb him until Monday, so he might not be finished with the album yet. Ebro also said that there were bits of the album that weren't played at MSG, and Def Jam says that they have no idea when the album will be on sale. I don't think we'll be getting the album tomorrow, and anyone judging the record off the MSG listening party is a fool

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

All his original tweet said was Swish February 11. He didn't really elaborate on the album release beyond that on Twitter or at the MSG event earlier so it's pretty unclear. He's released tracklists on Twitter but no definitive album release details (date, format, etc.). All we can do is speculate.

Well, that was Swish, this is TLOP. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

HorseRenoir posted:

and anyone judging the record off the MSG listening party is a fool
I mean I can get why you would say that, but on the other hand, who the gently caress holds a listening party for an album for several thousand people if the album isn't done and a bunch of poo poo's going to get changed between the time of the listening party and the time the album gets released?

I guess the answer might be "Kanye West", but still.

• Locked thread