Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jolyne Cujoh
Dec 7, 2012

It's not like I've got no worries...
But I'll be fine.
My favorite tidbit from the newest Still Buffering: The president of the Young Republicans at Rileigh's high school is openly gay. :psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Jolyne Cujoh posted:

My favorite tidbit from the newest Still Buffering: The president of the Young Republicans at Rileigh's high school is openly gay. :psyduck:

There's going to be a lot of gay Republicans if the GOP manages to disengage from the gay marriage fight. Plenty of LGBT people only vote democrat out of self-interest, and have otherwise conservative ideologies.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
Turns out just being gay isn't enough to keep someone from being a lovely person.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

flatluigi posted:

Somewhat relatedly, apparently Malcom in the Middle on Netflix uses a widescreen version of the show that wasn't meant to air regularly, so there's stuff off in the edges constantly that you weren't meant to see:

Friends might also have the same issue but I don't have any screencaps of that.

Buffy is fun for this, watch in widescreen and you'll see crew and equipment everywhere because people would rather gently caress up the show instead of deal with black bars on the sides.

And inversely watching Pee-Wee's Big Adventure in full screen lets you see the hole in his bike basket when he's doing the gag where he pulls an impossibly long chain out of it.

The fact that's it totally a real thing makes the brothers' instant and merciless derision that much funnier.

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

It didn't help Travis that he literally couldn't remember anything else about the experience to prove it was somehow grounded in reality

And I think Griffin was right, I think Travis smoked a whole bucket of Val Johnson before the show started.

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0477347/goofs#boom_mic_visible

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

I love, love, love that someone had to point out that actually, since these are wax figures brought to life by magic, many errors in fact or logic are, actually, not errors at all.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
It may seem lazy to have all these things on camera but out of frame, but if you're filming shot /reverse shot, that means 360 visibility. And smaller locations you simply can't keep lights close enough to work but not within 3' of camera.

The no seats thing is particularly funny tho.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
I accidentally left out my favorite, whoops

And yeah if you're broadcasting at 4:3 there's no reason not to assume you can have things just out of shot

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

There's going to be a lot of gay Republicans if the GOP manages to disengage from the gay marriage fight. Plenty of LGBT people only vote democrat out of self-interest, and have otherwise conservative ideologies.

Yeah I have a friend who was a Republican up until like 6-7 years ago but just couldn't take it anymore. Gay marriage becoming A Thing has pretty much forced a lot of LGBT voters away from the Republican party since they decided that it's a great excuse to spout openly homophobic nonsense traditional/"old fashioned" views.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

Lor posted:

When Justin just totally loses it over Travis' weird movie tale was probably one of my favourite moments from the whole show. =D

That really reminded me of a karl pilkington style moment with ricky gervais from the original podcast.

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

It's still a long way from happening. I remember reading that gay marriage is accepted by almost twice as many Republicans now as it was a decade ago — but the percentage is still down in the mid-30s, and I dunno how likely it is to get much higher in the next few years with the far right basically taking over the party.

Definitely neither here nor there, though.

Also, apparently someone handed this to LMM at the stage door last night:

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

Send this to your GF without any context.

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

I have to imagine we'll be seeing a lot more Griffin/Justin content on Polygon, because they're certainly not going to bring in traffic with garbage like this

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
Watching anything on Polygon that doesn't have Justin or Griffin involved is a mistake.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
I've heard about how crystal healing videos trigger Justin's ASMR before, but apparently medical examinations do the same thing.

Sydnee ribs him about it during the opening to this week's Sawbones.

Wake_N_Bake
Dec 5, 2003

I love to argue by using all caps. I feel it helps keep people from noticing that I have little or nothing to add to any given conversation. I also
New TAZ is up!

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I like the second episode of Cool Games more than the first, because Justin is actually engaged and contributing ideas rather than Griffin and Nick just repeating the same jokes from the first half of the podcast to someone who doesn't seem to care.

Further proving that the McElroys are the only good people at Polygon.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Waffleman_ posted:

I like the second episode of Cool Games more than the first, because Justin is actually engaged and contributing ideas rather than Griffin and Nick just repeating the same jokes from the first half of the podcast to someone who doesn't seem to care.

Further proving that the McElroys are the only good people at Polygon.
I don't love dog-piling on nonMcElroys non grata itt but the difference in quality and goofs from pilot to ep 2 is pretty dang significant.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I was also half joking. Nick and Phil are pretty good too.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

New Monster Factory by surprise!

Blade and Soul!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kT2Y6ftxilM

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

Wake_N_Bake posted:

New TAZ is up!

Gonna save people some google'ing and just leave this here:

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

flatluigi posted:

Somewhat relatedly, apparently Malcom in the Middle on Netflix uses a widescreen version of the show that wasn't meant to air regularly, so there's stuff off in the edges constantly that you weren't meant to see:

Friends might also have the same issue but I don't have any screencaps of that.

Thank you, I love poo poo like this.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

There but for the grace of Griffin go I...

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
I'm really happy we've learned more about the story of Klaarg.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

kidcoelacanth posted:

There but for the grace of Griffin go I...

What sort of idiot do you have to be, man

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

Waffleman_ posted:

New Monster Factory by surprise!

Blade and Soul!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kT2Y6ftxilM

So does every lovely f2p korean mmo have a pedobait class in it now or what.

Hello Meow
Nov 9, 2009

Sleeveless posted:

So does every lovely f2p korean mmo have a pedobait class in it now or what.

Yes. They all do. You have to cater to every hardon.

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

Travis's "I feel nothing" killed me.

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.
I'm so upset that Griffin had a character called Boyland and killed him off without him doing anything outside of his introduction scene, talk about a waste of a name.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

InspectorCarbonara posted:

I'm so upset that Griffin had a character called Boyland and killed him off without him doing anything outside of his introduction scene, talk about a waste of a name.

Not necessarily. Just because he's crystallized doesn't necessarily mean he's dead. He already got rid of Barry Bluejeans, he can't kill off Boy Land.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

InspectorCarbonara posted:

You think you're upset?!

wagnike2
May 31, 2007

Lucha LaBOOM
Schmanners is definitely growing on me. It's mostly straight forward, but fun.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer
This just gives them the opportunity to introduce one of the 400 sons as Boyland 2: Still Boylanding.

Kojiro
Aug 11, 2003

LET'S GET TO THE TOP!

kidcoelacanth posted:

You think you're upset?!

Sorry you'll never grow up to become a Manland :smith:

User-Friendly
Apr 27, 2008

Is There a God? (Pt. 9)
They could introduce his son, Tabesin Boyland?

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

User-Friendly posted:

They could introduce his son, Tabesin Boyland?

That is a perfect name and I really really hope they do it

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
Rose Buddies is my new jam.

Meowjesty
Oct 23, 2009

Friends depend on each other.
I love rose buddies. It is perfect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
Travis launched another podcast, Interrobang, bringing his total to 10.

Edit: I guess it's not 10 but it's a lot. He just tweeted that his limit is 10.