Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Louisgod posted:

Hoooooly gently caress

Perfect

They're making a Figma and a Nendoroid

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

An Ounce of Gold
Jul 13, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Vintersorg posted:

I'll take em for $100 but im in :canada: - I can cover whatever shipping will be.

Yep, that's cool. She doesn't have a problem waiting a week. We can email the details. :)

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Whoa.

Anyone have any of the Star Wars Hot Toys? Thinking of buying the Deluxe 1/6 Boba Fett.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

boom boom boom posted:

They're making a Figma and a Nendoroid

Figmas tend to be too expensive and Nendroids are dumb unless you like creepy big head toys on your shelf.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Nendoroids are good if the character already has a big head like Kirby or Wind Waker Link

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

Louisgod posted:

Hoooooly gently caress

Perfect

Leg-to-rest-of-body ratio guest-designed by Sam Kieth.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Louisgod posted:

Figmas tend to be too expensive and Nendroids are dumb unless you like creepy big head toys on your shelf.

I think it works for Deadpool

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
And it'll be compatible with other Nendoroid parts, so you can make Wedding Deadpool!

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

This is not getting enough love. loving perfect.

That Marvel Legends Deadpool looks kinda assy. I'll wait for the Figma.

edit: Oh yeah, totally getting Terry, Ace, and Old Man Bruce. Day 1 purchase for sure.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Whoa.

Anyone have any of the Star Wars Hot Toys? Thinking of buying the Deluxe 1/6 Boba Fett.

I ordered Vader a couple days ago. Didn't realize Sideshow was waiting on more stock, I dislike waiting.

Oh, have Stormtrooper and Kylo Ren from ep7. Both great.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

If they don't have a face it's going to be pretty much perfect.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Based on the posters at SideshowFreaks - the HT SW figures are amazing. But some of be old stuff is selling out. Han and Chewie are gone and marked up hard. Obi Wan just sold out. Unsure on Luke and Vader.

The good thing is they need to do the other two movies. So Han and Chewie will be back - I'm hoping for old man Han as the one to get.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Travis343 posted:

Nendoroids are good if the character already has a big head like Kirby or Wind Waker Link

Absolutely.

boom boom boom posted:

And it'll be compatible with other Nendoroid parts, so you can make Wedding Deadpool!

Creepy.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Aphrodite posted:

If they don't have a face it's going to be pretty much perfect.

Excellent. It's gonna look great next to my UCS Lego Slave I. :getin:

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

That Deadpool figma or figuarts?

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

The Rage posted:

That Deadpool figma or figuarts?

That's a goddamn Hasbro Marvel Legends. Its coming out in the series with that Rogue they already announced.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
Doing some rearranging and I thought I'd take a comparison shot of ML Venom and MS Venom.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Select Venom skipped leg day.

Daaku Shinsei
Feb 26, 2003

Travis343 posted:

The original DS and the DS Lite could both play GB/GBC games via the GBA slot. They just stuck out the bottom.

Sup Tulsa toy goon! Which walmart was it?

It was actually the one on 121st & Elm in BA. They had tons in one of the mid aisle displays.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

I'm looking for some mini figs for my office. I don't really care for the Lego mini or Minimates stuff. I'd like the figures to look as close to their comic/movie counterparts as possible. Mostly looking for Marvel, Star Wars, and DC stuff, but there's a whole range of other stuff that might catch my eye. Closest thing I've found so far is the Disney Infinity stuff. Any ideas?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Star Wars and Marvel both have 3.75" ranges.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Aphrodite posted:

Select Venom skipped leg day.

Which is actually comic accurate. They're re-releasing that Select Venom next month.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

Aphrodite posted:

Star Wars and Marvel both have 3.75" ranges.

I've seen the Marvel 500 stuff. That's close to the right size, but they just look kinda crappy. Where do you guys go to find stuff, on or off line?

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

10 Beers posted:

I'm looking for some mini figs for my office. I don't really care for the Lego mini or Minimates stuff. I'd like the figures to look as close to their comic/movie counterparts as possible. Mostly looking for Marvel, Star Wars, and DC stuff, but there's a whole range of other stuff that might catch my eye. Closest thing I've found so far is the Disney Infinity stuff. Any ideas?

Revol Mini

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

10 Beers posted:

Check out Mattel's mighty minis lines (DC and WWE), they are fun-looking and you can swap their heads/arms/torsos/etc.

DJ Turbo Punch
Feb 3, 2006

WAKE UP

These are seriously underrated. The Snake and Iron Man are both absolutely fantastic, especially if you've only got limited space for manchild trophies. The Iron Man also scales well with the Marvel 3.75" figures. He's maybe a smidge too tall, but it's nothing too crazy.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
They also make Revol Minis of Japanese historical figures. Like Date Masamune, the lord of Sendai in the early 1600s. He sheltered Christians from persecution, turned Tohoku into a center of the arts and tourism, formally established relations with the Vatican, and sponsored the first Japanese voyage around the world

The Revol Mini version might, uh... might not be 100% historically accurate.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

boom boom boom posted:

They also make Revol Minis of Japanese historical figures. Like Date Masamune, the lord of Sendai in the early 1600s. He sheltered Christians from persecution, turned Tohoku into a center of the arts and tourism, formally established relations with the Vatican, and sponsored the first Japanese voyage around the world

The Revol Mini version might, uh... might not be 100% historically accurate.

Do they make a Musashi?

Invicta{HOG}, M.D.
Jan 16, 2002

An Ounce of Gold posted:

Yep, that's cool. She doesn't have a problem waiting a week. We can email the details. :)

If this falls through I would be interested.

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/search.aspx?search=bandai%20tmnt

The Turtles are up on BBTS.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Scored a Taskmaster at lunch. Wave complete.

Daaku Shinsei
Feb 26, 2003

http://toyland.gizmodo.com/supersize-your-superheroes-with-hasbros-new-12-inch-mar-1758297631

12 inch Legends figures, eh?

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Shouldn't Galactus be 6 feet tall?

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

The article suggests that these are to compete with Hot Toys but at a much lower $50 price point. They can't be serious. I just don't see how that is possible.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

That Cap. I need.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

I still don't understand the appeal of bigger action figures. Never have, from back in the days of Toy Biz and their 90s X-Men line. They don't mix with your normal guys so it seems like you'd want to buy nothing but 12 inchers, but they don't make half the variety of characters they do in the normal lines.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Travis343 posted:

I still don't understand the appeal of bigger action figures. Never have, from back in the days of Toy Biz and their 90s X-Men line. They don't mix with your normal guys so it seems like you'd want to buy nothing but 12 inchers, but they don't make half the variety of characters they do in the normal lines.

Same unless it someone who benefits from it, like Apocalypse or Giant Man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Travis343 posted:

They tend to be more detailed and they also look great on a shelf. My 18 inch Spidey looks kickass sitting up on my high shelf.

Take a look at the 1/4 scale Hot Toys Iron Man. That thing is beautiful.

On another note, the Red Skull head that comes with ML Taskmaster fits well on CapWolf. Almost makes a good OML Skull.