Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
The AD scaling or the free crit would bring him back to being relevant, but both at once is a bit bonkers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
twitch into jhin is just lol

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty

henkman posted:

Ap xin has always had stupid amounts of healing, it's the free crit for no reason that makes him really strong

Regular rear end Xin used to be able to tank turrets with enough ASPD a season or two ago. It was pretty stupid. It was like 3x as dumb as what's in the video since he's actually losing health until poppy shows up to heal him.

Sexpansion posted:

Judging from the way challenger players are building him right now, I'm going to try devrourer -> rageblade -> sterak's -> tank and see how that works. They also seem to be starting W -> Q -> E with a maxing order of RQWE.

That build is more or less what I gut feeling'd minus the rageblade. Maxing E is probably still best for clearing, but if you're comfortable just invading the poo poo out of champions that aren't broken that skill order is fine

-

Want to watch a terrible rear end idiot maybe climb back from bronze to the promised land (gold iii), maybe not get chat restricted for mouthing off at teammates, and listen to oldschool rap/reggae? http://hitbox.tv/astupidbaby . pls use referral code "I suck fat dick for eco-dollars"

A Stupid Baby fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Feb 11, 2016

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
I just started playing this game and I like to play Teemo and Fiddlesticks and my friend tells me that that makes me the biggest rear end in a top hat. Is this true?

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

thank you riot for making this bronze feel like a king

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

I just started playing this game and I like to play Teemo and Fiddlesticks and my friend tells me that that makes me the biggest rear end in a top hat. Is this true?

Teemo may be the devil but yasuo, vayne, and riven players are way worse.

Generic Octopus
Mar 27, 2010

Not fiddle, but teemo? Absolutely.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

Sorry but you need an additional 2 years experience with shaco and double proxying singed to apply for this job

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Oh If you wouldnt mind playing with someone who's got no idea what they're doing with the League specific mechanics I'd love to play with not pubbies. My user name is GoblinAccountant

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Oh If you wouldnt mind playing with someone who's got no idea what they're doing with the League specific mechanics I'd love to play with not pubbies. My user name is GoblinAccountant

What server are you on? The goon chat channel on NA is "silversquid", jump in there and you can find people to play with.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

I should be on NA. Thanks I'll definitely get in that next time I play.

Gibberish
Sep 17, 2002

by R. Guyovich
Zed Talon Xin get the gently caress out of this game

Spudalicious
Dec 24, 2003

I <3 Alton Brown.

Gibberish posted:

Zed Talon Xin get the gently caress out of this game

Take Yasuo too.

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

Spudalicious posted:

Take Yasuo too.

Sorry, Yasuo has a Bloodmoon skin coming out which means he will be played 500% more than normal for the next month.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Tequila Sunrise posted:

Sorry, Yasuo has a Bloodmoon skin coming out which means he will be played 500% more than normal for the next month.

Riot are loving monsters

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe
Kennen's model is terrible so I'm glad they're giving him a skin that actually looks good. Also as a side note autocorrect tried to change Kennen to "meme man"

Alris
Apr 20, 2007

Welcome to the Fantasy Zone!

Get ready!
How does one Jhin? Hope to get good teammates that understand how his W works and pray you get carried?

blah_blah
Apr 15, 2006

Spudalicious posted:

Take Yasuo too.

He's not actually good though, as opposed to those abominations.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
I'm late to the party but just played my first game ever as Xin and wtf this is monstrous.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Kashuno posted:

I'm late to the party but just played my first game ever as Xin and wtf this is monstrous.

What did you build?

blah_blah posted:

He's not actually good though, as opposed to those abominations.

He's a different kind of abomination.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
sated, rageblade, swifties+alacrity, deadplate, spirit visage

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Kashuno posted:

sated, rageblade, swifties+alacrity, deadplate, spirit visage

Did the same, felt like a god. Xin owns.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

Gridlocked posted:

He's a different kind of abomination.

the vayne main of midlane

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Xin toplane trip report; not quite jungle tier, but still too much.

Schiavona
Oct 8, 2008

So what's the skill order of Xin? Owned him forever, never played him.

blah_blah
Apr 15, 2006

How Rude posted:

the vayne main of midlane

My proudest moment in S6 so far was banning someone's declared Yasuo pick in a 4 man arranged team and then winning the dodge staredown after he locked in Soraka.

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
i went warrior -> mercs -> maw -> duskblade on X in the Z Hao and I still one-hit their ADC, so I don't think this is even a sated + rageblade thing any more

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Sperglord Firecock posted:

Counterpoint: junglers that don't need blue buff, like aatrox and whoever else I don't know?

At the start of the game the actual buff doesn't matter as much as the exp and gold the jungler gets out of it. It's the sort of thing the top laner should ask about before doing, because hey what if your jungler got invaded at their first buff and are now behind? Haha too bad you're hosed cause your other buff is gone to your top laner.

I can see it being kind of cool to do in the hands of a skilled player with a jungler willing to eat the setback, or maybe get help invading the other jungler after with the top laners level advantage.

Primetime
Jul 3, 2009

Schiavona posted:

No idea if the patch changed him - but it used to be E (for the scaling slow) > Q (for the cdr) > W. Given his stats now, I can't imagine it matters all too much

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Schiavona posted:

I've been going w->q->e, then REWQ

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan
Rush W. E max just adds damage, it's the last skill now. WQEWWRWQWQRQQQEEREE is the best order to follow.

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

So I've haven't played for several patches. Before I start Xining and winning is thunderlords still the one true damage mastery?

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

Whitenoise Poster posted:

So I've haven't played for several patches. Before I start Xining and winning is thunderlords still the one true damage mastery?

For jungling you should 99% always take strength of the ages.

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

Methanar posted:

Why is this exactly? for the sustain or just the bonus health?

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

Tequila Sunrise posted:

Why is this exactly? for the sustain or just the bonus health?

Thunderlords doesn't proc on monsters and you're going to be really, really squishie without it. The sustain is good too.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Methanar posted:

I've been using Strength on most junglers bar Xin. Was trying to make him work with Warlords or Fevor and just push the crit/aspd angle but I am starting to think Strength is the better choice if you are going to do the 2x damage items -> tank. Also Runic Armour is pretty great on him as is Swiftness

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

Methanar posted:

That's actually really good to know. Thanks.

What about top lane? Or actually I mostly want to know if they got the the ferocity tree masteries up to par with thunderlords at least on certain champs cause I usually know when to use the other trees capstones.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

Whitenoise Poster posted:

That's actually really good to know. Thanks.

What about top lane? Or actually I mostly want to know if they got the the ferocity tree masteries up to par with thunderlords at least on certain champs cause I usually know when to use the other trees capstones.

If your name is shen trundle gp poppy mao malphite darius nasus yasuo or mundo take grasp of the undying. Otherwise thunderlords.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
Why grasp of the undying for GP? Seems like every pro I look at takes Thunderlords

Edit: Oh maybe not anymore, that must have been before it got nerfed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Stefan Prodan posted:

Why grasp of the undying for GP? Seems like every pro I look at takes Thunderlords

Edit: Oh maybe not anymore, that must have been before it got nerfed

Imagine a world where you're the only champ in the game who gets the melee version of Grasp as a ranged attack. That is GP's world, and it's a pretty great one.

• Locked thread