Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Friends 'ave fun together.
Official English translation for the sets we've seen so far are Hailstorm Attire of Casting, Slipstream Attire of Maiming, Hellfire Attire of Striking, and Torrent Attire of Scouting for Lore, and Midan for, well Midas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Talmonis
Jun 24, 2012
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

seiferguy posted:

I think now's a good time to share my trial roulette story from last night. We got titan hard. I decided to MT it, after the first jump where the walls come down, I see a healer willingly hit sprint and jump to his death. The other healer is doing decent enough, but then gets hit by a landslide and dies too, so naturally the party wipes. Whatever, we hit the heart phase and got echo.

Next time, the healer again just sits there and falls after the 1st jump. The other healer is like "WHAT THE HELL MAN" so I explain that the guy is either AFK or willingly doing it. We can't votekick cause we're in battle. We do finish the fight. As soon as that happens, said intentionally dying healer, revives, rolls for the item and gets it, then says "Thanks nerds" and leaves.

Essentially it was this but replaced DRG with WHM:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDg44MVJLrw

:stare: Get a rope.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

Iron Tusk posted:

I wish every MMO would go to what TOR does now with adaptive armor. There's only 2 main stats, Endurance and Mastery. Mastery just does whatever it needs to do based on whatever class is wearing it. The armor rating just automatically adjusts based on your class as well.
The problem with that is that it's clearly designed to be part of TOR's system. If it was ported over to FFXIV everything would take a lot longer to get because with only having to get one set of gear people would spend less time getting the best gear and thus subscription time would drop even more.
I mean I already do this where I can (Tank gear gets shared, my STR accessories get shared etc.) so yeah it'd be cool but there are reasons non-game related why MMO devs don't want that for their system.

Belzac posted:

So out of 8 max level sets they've had:

3 shared with tank (sky pirate, chivalric, dungeon)

2 shared with monk (gordianx2)

1 shared with monk and ninja (law)

2 unique (eso, pvp)

So yes I guess they share more than I thought with tank but as the ones they share with tank are bottom tier stuff that no one wears for the most part and the goridan and law are much more common.
Every class shares a lot of gear. The reason everyone has their own special snowflake gear are for the times when they cannot share it, the AF's and pvp stuff.
Although the way they've done NIN gear is weird but it conversely opens the way for them to do more DEX based Melee classes in the future.

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

The third fracture I would do away with...I can't, sorry.

F R A C T U R E
Who loving cares about future Dex melee classes? The field is poo poo right now at this moment. It's been poo poo since 2.0 launch. It got more poo poo with 2.4. It's max poo poo right now.

Skaw
Aug 5, 2004
:yeah:

Now let's all roll around in the poo poo.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
So are the Coils of Bahamut like the conclusion of 2.0? I have both it and Crystal Tower to do, plus I'm starting the Extreme Primals, and I've still got MSQ to go. I'm just trying to get a feel on the best order to tackle all this stuff. I can't really decide by ilvl since I have the gear from the tomestones and a goon hooked me up with a sweet weapon.

Also hype af that Ninja gets Leviathan gear.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Coils of Bahamut is more like the conclusion of 1.0.

Luminous Cow
Nov 2, 2007

Well you know there should be no law
on people that want to smoke a little dope.
Well you know it's good for your head
And it relax your body don't you know.

:420:

Belzac posted:

Who loving cares about future Dex melee classes? The field is poo poo right now at this moment. It's been poo poo since 2.0 launch. It got more poo poo with 2.4. It's max poo poo right now.

Maybe you should quit playing. Or posting. Or both.

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

F R A C T U R E
Maybe you should stop reading.

Velthice
Dec 12, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
belzac is the poster this thread deserves

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer
So what's more likely, a King Mog set to keep the theme within the 2.0 primals, or surprise bugdad/whaledad?

I would love to see a Ravana tank set instead of the obligatory Titan look. Or moogle healer sets.

Burn My Dread
Feb 23, 2007

Tear up your fear, the end is coming near, spit it out like a spear, I'll burn your dread

Velthice posted:

belzac is the poster this thread deserves

belzac is the paladin of this thread

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

SonicRulez posted:

So are the Coils of Bahamut like the conclusion of 2.0? I have both it and Crystal Tower to do, plus I'm starting the Extreme Primals, and I've still got MSQ to go. I'm just trying to get a feel on the best order to tackle all this stuff. I can't really decide by ilvl since I have the gear from the tomestones and a goon hooked me up with a sweet weapon.

Also hype af that Ninja gets Leviathan gear.

Extreme primals are unrelated to the story. They are basically Urianger saying, "Primal _____ is back and uh, stronger for... reasons. Go stop it." for the most part.
Crystal Tower is a side story that in some ways makes throwbacks to the 1.0 story but never references 2.0's storyline outside of Cid/Wedge/Biggs being involved in opening it.
Coil of Bahamut explains more or less the end of 1.0, and has you saving the world from Bahamut's rebirth with Alisaie while Alphinaud is off doing playing dumb political games in the MSQ, it's why she disappears from the MSQ somewhere around 2.1.
The MSQ itself is largely focused around the Primal threat, Garleans, Ishgard, and Nidhogg.

Essentially, any order you do things in ARR content is going to be fine. The problems would only occur if you started watching later 2.5 / 3.0 cutscenes on your own time.

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

F R A C T U R E
You guys are assuming tank, healer, and aiming won't be reskins of maiming, casting, and scouting.

Skaw
Aug 5, 2004
The #1 thing I'm hoping with Midas Savage is that they drop the dumb requirement where everyone has to be in the same zone to queue it up, and never bring that back again.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Tortolia posted:

So what's more likely, a King Mog set to keep the theme within the 2.0 primals, or surprise bugdad/whaledad?

I would love to see a Ravana tank set instead of the obligatory Titan look. Or moogle healer sets.

It'll be a Titan tank set and Ramuh healer set (the reverse would be funny though). Moogle fans will be shafted again, but at least I'll always have my moogle suit from the 2014 fan fest livestream.

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

that's been a thing since coil, second coil and final coil. it's not going away

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?

ilifinicus posted:

Let's amend that to "the dumb idea that the raid entrance shouldn't have an aetheryte that leads to it directly".

No, it's not a big deal, but it's just another one of those stupid little things that Heavensward is filled with at times.

Skaw
Aug 5, 2004

ilifinicus posted:

I'm aware, and it doesn't make it any less awful. Waiting for stragglers to get to Hinterlands has, and likely will continue to, waste more time than any kind of story mode completion gating.

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Thundarr posted:

It'll be a Titan tank set and Ramuh healer set (the reverse would be funny though). Moogle fans will be shafted again, but at least I'll always have my moogle suit from the 2014 fan fest livestream.

They throw a curveball and ranged are now wearing Titan-egi armour.

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer

Belzac posted:

You guys are assuming tank, healer, and aiming won't be reskins of maiming, casting, and scouting.

I am assuming that a game with (right or wrong) seven gear set archetypes and nine story primals at this juncture will not choose to only use four designs, yes.

Virulence
Jun 14, 2012

Skaw posted:

I'm aware, and it doesn't make it any less awful. Waiting for stragglers to get to Hinterlands has, and likely will continue to, waste more time than any kind of story mode completion gating.

If your group can't enter the same zone at the same scheduled times that's your problem, not the game's.

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

Skaw posted:

there's an aetheryte in idyllshire and you click that to just get out and bam into the hinterlands. I would see your point if we were talking early stages before we had the goodly adventurer and finally the aethernet, but right now it's just zone once click click click zone twice

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Saigyouji posted:

They throw a curveball and ranged are now wearing Titan-egi armour.

Actually I forgot that the BRD/MCH suit wasn't shown yet. So ranged Ramuh and Moogle heals, yay.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
normally, i would agree that the time investment for getting everybody to the hinterlands isn't worth worrying about, but changes that make it easier to organize raid content piss off hardcore players, and pissing off hardcore players is good

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

DolphinCop posted:

normally, i would agree that the time investment for getting everybody to the hinterlands isn't worth worrying about, but changes that make it easier to organize raid content piss off hardcore players, and pissing off hardcore players is good

There are people who are actively against the idea of CDs resetting on wipe, which is the weirdest hill to die on.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

ilifinicus posted:

there's an aetheryte in idyllshire and you click that to just get out and bam into the hinterlands. I would see your point if we were talking early stages before we had the goodly adventurer and finally the aethernet, but right now it's just zone once click click click zone twice

It's still a pointless annoyance that adds nothing to the game.

Skaw
Aug 5, 2004
lmao. It's just a simple QoL improvement over a requirement that is absolutely, 100% unnecessary in the first place. So of course a few individuals will have an issue with hoping for it.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time

Thundarr posted:

Actually I forgot that the BRD/MCH suit wasn't shown yet. So ranged Ramuh and Moogle heals, yay.
Nope nope nope gently caress you healers will get Ramuh, he has the cane, enjoy your moogle suit bards

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

Fister Roboto posted:

It's still a pointless annoyance that adds nothing to the game.

it's a dumb thing that they had to cut out of the hinterlands to make time to make story mode alex

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Agreed.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
the ideal context for the king moggle mog set would be to sell mog poms for lore and be able to craft those into class-unrestricted glamour gear

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Saigyouji posted:

There are people who are actively against the idea of CDs resetting on wipe, which is the weirdest hill to die on.

Wait, why would people be against this?

Velthice
Dec 12, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

vOv posted:

just read this thread. people want other people to be unhappy because

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

vOv posted:

I'm not against it, but I can think of at least one valid reason. Waiting for cooldowns gives you a few minutes to take a breather between pulls, and maybe to talk about the wipe and what you've learned from it. Without having to wait for cooldowns, there would be pressure to just pull pull pull, and I don't think many people would like that.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Redbrix is the real end boss of Heavensward.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

Thundarr posted:

Redbrix The Goodly Adventurer is the real end boss of Heavensward.

Fixed.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Hey you PS4 players who use a Keyboard. Any of you guys experience horrible key lag and delay? I mean like keyboard stops responding for like 15 seconds then spams all your keystrokes as it finally registers?I'm using a wireless Logitech k520 and this is the second keyboard/mouse combo to encounter this problem. I specifically bought this keyboard to fix the issue. And things were fine until I used it on my computer and now it's doing it all over again.

boz
Oct 16, 2005

Volume posted:

Hey you PS4 players who use a Keyboard. Any of you guys experience horrible key lag and delay? I mean like keyboard stops responding for like 15 seconds then spams all your keystrokes as it finally registers?I'm using a wireless Logitech k520 and this is the second keyboard/mouse combo to encounter this problem. I specifically bought this keyboard to fix the issue. And things were fine until I used it on my computer and now it's doing it all over again.

Does this keyboard go to sleep if you haven't typed for a bit?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

F R A C T U R E
gently caress anything that would be kind to raiders, those guys are the reason why whatever I like about this game sucks.

Also resetting CDs would take ASTs completely out of the game. Waiting for them to draw a 1/3 and a 1/6 with nothing else to wait for would be the death knell.

• Locked thread