Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Probad
Feb 24, 2013

I want to believe!

Pick posted:

PBS is the real winner tonight, this debate has a ton of substance.

It's like they're trying to inform instead of merely entertain or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shakenbaker
Nov 14, 2005

Grimey Drawer
This debate rules but the mics are still killing me.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004
If you invoke a dead person to further your cause I hope you get poo poo on.

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

I'm in love with the relatively nuanced discussion that just happened re: undocumented Central American children and asylum policy

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Joementum posted:

Just a great job tonight PBS. This question alone gave a ton of policy information to voters.

I say this every time but I really wish the GOP would get the same caliber of question that the Dems seem to get

SNAKES N CAKES
Sep 6, 2005

DAVID GAIDER
Lead Writer

Harlock posted:

Bernie quoting 50 year old mom memes on judging the country by how we treat seniors

Guess which demographic he needs to appeal to!

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Can we rig some sort of energy collection system up to Bernie's right arm? I think we could power the national grid off it.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

guys im biased but i think sanders won on the central american children thing?

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Probad posted:

It's like they're trying to inform instead of merely entertain or something.

Yeah this is how I want my media to be. I don't want glam, I want a boring loving stage where people are talking about the issues. No sarcasm.

Gamma Nerd
May 14, 2012
sanders is dominating so hard

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Pick posted:

Yeah, neither is looking great in it, but... good? The moderators are asking questions that matter, and holding the candidates to them fairly well.

Yea they're both having high and low bits but I think the main takeaway from this will be 'oh that was a pretty informative debate right before a couple primaries, cool'.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
cutting pills in half is a great way to get more out of a prescription if the copays are the same

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.
loving ridiculous that we can hear the moderators whispering over the candidates answers.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Pick posted:

You can say that about any culture which is so deeply oppressed that it can't easily self-remediate.

True but how do you "remediate" a culture without essentially destroying it? It's more like assimilation, no? You have to smother the hateful/ignorant bits of the culture to such a degree where you could argue it's not said to exist in an authentic state anymore, no? I don't think it would be sufficient to just pop in some manufacturing jobs or something to keep these communities going, it's life-support and unsustainable in modern society.

Sorry I'm not being terribly coherent just spit-balling after work. But this is actually an interesting topic/point here, I think, and I appreciate you for responding sincerely to it in spite of me being flippant at the start.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
God someone get Sanders a debate coach so he stops looking at his feet once he finishes a strong statement

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
"I'm looking at" = she's not looking at

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Logikv9 posted:

cutting pills in half is a great way to get more out of a prescription if the copays are the same

Just add water

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:

Shear Modulus posted:

He totally did . Hillary's position on that is stupid as hell

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Gamma Nerd posted:

sanders is dominating so hard

is he tho

Demonachizer
Aug 7, 2004

Logikv9 posted:

I am pretty positive he meant taking half their meds to save money. (I am very confident that this is the case because I am black).

Democrazy
Oct 16, 2008

If you're not willing to lick the boot, then really why are you in politics lol? Everything is a cycle of just getting stomped on so why do you want to lose to it over and over, just submit like me, I'm very intelligent.
Communicate your values, Senator Clinton!

Shakenbaker
Nov 14, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Joementum posted:

Can we rig some sort of energy collection system up to Bernie's right arm? I think we could power the national grid off it.

I smell a public works project...

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Hillary is so excited she can talk about women here.

Thunder Moose
Mar 7, 2015

S.J.C.
Subtle - but Hillary, someone who is neck and neck now with Sanders, keeps referring to "when" she is in the White House.

Sanders, to my knowledge - is going with the more realistic "if."

Just adds to my perception that Hillary's biggest play is to try and convince the populous of her inevitability despite any substantive reason for this being so.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Heh, buttress

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE
a noun a verb and women

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Shear Modulus posted:

I think so, yeah. Doubt it's going to mean much, because yaaaay American callousness, but I think it was a point in his column.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

Brannock posted:

God someone get Sanders a debate coach so he stops looking at his feet once he finishes a strong statement

I honestly think that's why so many people are attracted to him as a candidate. He isn't your average whipped and trained politico. He seems like a normal dude. Like a nice grandpa who just wants you to have some nice warm socks and hang out next to the fire.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Logikv9 posted:

if it's a controlled or extended release it would gently caress it up the extended release since it wouldn't disintegrate evenly

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Excellent answer from Hillary on womens' disadvantage in Social Security calculation.

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

The Iron Rose posted:

Also bitching about free trade is just insane.

I knew the guy was lefty but I still find it hard to wrap my mind around the fact that he's a loving protectionist!

gently caress ur free trade

Gamma Nerd
May 14, 2012
oh poo poo

Dead Cosmonaut
Nov 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
This is a really good indicator if Clinton can shift to the left

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

I'm not sure if Hillary holstered her death glare or swapped it out for a more subtle model

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
Oh oh it's getting heated!

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy
does all due respect ever precede something other than an attempted chaos dunk

Shakenbaker
Nov 14, 2005