Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

That DICK! posted:

My line of the night was right near the beginning right after Bernie made his huge pitch to get a bitch on every dick and drop the People's Elbow on Wall Street Hillary ends her pitch with "If elected with your support I believe we will make.... progress."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

triple sulk posted:

Class and economics are very important, but like I said earlier, without fixing a number of other issues there will still be systemic problems in minority (read: mostly black) communities. It's an unfortunate situation but much of it stems from how loving terrible the K-12 system is, particularly with inner city schools.

I agree with this and I genuinely believe these issues need to be resolved specifically.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

GlyphGryph posted:

Oddly enough I thought it was a huge win for him, even though they both did well, because a big thing for a lot of people regarding him is "electability" and he needed to convince people he'd be a capable candidate in the general and I think he did that tonight in regards to debating, which was honestly one of his weaker areas previously. So improvement for Bernie, while it felt like Hillary only sort of held her ground.

Interesting, guess we'll see how it plays out. Kinda nice to have a real debate to work off for a change.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
I'm so glad that the Something Awful poll [totally representative of America] thinks that Bernie wouldn't get eaten alive.

Because lawd in heaven

bennyfranks
Jun 23, 2005

IGNORE ME!

hillary accused bernie of infidelity

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
The Wall Street/SuperPac thing is absolutely killing Hillary in this election she still does not have a good answer for it.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Just like 2008 Clinton has turned into a vile attack dog and the person she's running against looks like a decent human being. Clinton just wants so bad to be "The First Woman President of the USA" she resorts to attacks that make her sound petty and stupid.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Brannock posted:

Have you not seen my posts

I loving despise Scott Walker

There is not a single person in the world I loathe more than that slackjawed puppet

So you're legit IRL mad because she criticized a guy you hate, and you felt she was pandering, by agreeing with you

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
The two best debates of this election so far have been the John Dickerson CBS Democratic debate and tonight's PBS Democratic debate. None of the others have even come close.

memy
Oct 15, 2011

by exmarx
One of CNN's panelists wrote the book Clinton attacked Bernie on. He read out the blurb word-for-word and said Hillary was spewing bullshit on that topic.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Tatum Girlparts posted:

So did any of you guys expect any politician to give any answer but that? Like, you know if she talked about it like she knew about it she'd be violating election law right?

It kind of says a lot when the only truthful answer involves admitting to a crime.

Ries
Apr 14, 2003
Motorcycle

Proposition Joe posted:

Hillary Clinton: "The two leaders I would pick are Andrew Jackson and Adolf Hitler."

WOW thats hosed up why would she say that?

No loving way, did she really say that?

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Ries posted:

loving no, idiot

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

The debate tonight really made me depressed. Nobody has the goddamn balls to say that Obama is a centrist on national television. Bernie, I loving love you, but stop being so strict about having a clean campaign and call a goddamn spade a spade.

Obama is as white as tapioca pudding, and everyone knows it. Everyone needs to stop acting like he's some groundbreaking progressive landmark. gently caress.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Ries posted:

oh absolutely, Hillary Clinton is totally in favor of genocide.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

"Bernie Sanders owns" - PBS commentator

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Ries posted:

Yeah dude! And Bernie said he admires Applejack and Naruto!

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

MechaFrogzilla posted:

So you're legit IRL mad because she criticized a guy you hate, and you felt she was pandering, by agreeing with you

Yes

Have you never experienced anyone going "Oh sweetie honey I know how terrible this must be for you" because that's pretty much what Hillary did in her closing statements after ignoring Wisconsin all night, even in questions that were pretty clearly about Wisconsin's problems in specific (segregration, incarceration, unions), other than to take digs at Scott Walker and Bernie in the same sentence

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

triple sulk posted:

Class and economics are very important, but like I said earlier, without fixing a number of other issues there will still be systemic problems in minority (read: mostly black) communities. It's an unfortunate situation but much of it stems from how loving terrible the K-12 system is, particularly with inner city schools.

Those problems largely stem from segregation and economic isolation. Affluent suburbs can keep their schools in wonderful shape. Inner cities don't get that luxury, and each process generates its own particular momentum.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Schnorkles posted:

I'm so glad that the Something Awful poll [totally representative of America] thinks that Bernie wouldn't get eaten alive.

Because lawd in heaven

Go vote Trump.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

Ries posted:

She did

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

KillHour posted:

call a goddamn spade a spade.

Obama is as white as tapioca pudding

Hmmmmmmm

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

RUM HAM
Sep 25, 2009

Ries posted:

YEs.

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

LET ME EXPLAIN TO YOU WHY YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING
what does Brooks mean when he says the Obama thing will go viral?

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Joementum posted:

The two best debates of this election so far have been the John Dickerson CBS Democratic debate and tonight's PBS Democratic debate. None of the others have even come close.

Have PBS host all debates from hereon

This should not be a radical opinion but it somehow is

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
idiots she said Stalin and Hitler

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

KillHour posted:

The debate tonight really made me depressed. Nobody has the goddamn balls to say that Obama is a centrist on national television. Bernie, I loving love you, but stop being so strict about having a clean campaign and call a goddamn spade a spade.

Obama is as white as tapioca pudding, and everyone knows it. Stop acting like he's some groundbreaking progressive landmark. gently caress.

Bernie called for a primary on Obama in 2012.

Do a little thinking and think what the optics of an old white man calling for the first black president in office to be primaried look like.

Spoiler: They ain't good.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Ries posted:

gently caress yes dude

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Honestly, I feel the PBS commentators are not really giving Bernie the thumbs up.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Schnorkles posted:

Do a little thinking and think what the optics of an old white man calling for the first black president in office to be primaried look like.

the optics are obama is a lame duck, and did stupid loving poo poo like hiring Geithner

Demonachizer
Aug 7, 2004
After the debate the music director from the New York Philharmonic on Charlie Rose. PBS is way better than the other debate hosts.

Mystery Goomba
Jun 4, 2011
Winner of the debate: Mohammad Mosaddegh
Loser of the debate: Cambodians

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Nonsense posted:

Go vote Trump.

I happily plan on voting for either democratic candidate, friend. :)

I would prefer HRC, but I can understand the allure of Bernie.

bennyfranks
Jun 23, 2005

IGNORE ME!

Pick posted:

Honestly, I feel the PBS commentators are not really giving Bernie the thumbs up.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Schnorkles posted:

I happily plan on voting for either democratic candidate, friend. :)

I would prefer HRC, but I can understand the allure of Bernie.

Yeah same, still holding out some weird hope for Surprise Biden.

HapiMerchant
Apr 22, 2014

Spatula City posted:

what does Brooks mean when he says the Obama thing will go viral?

Probably the whole bit where hillary attacked sanders for party disloyalty and sanders riposted with "i didn'try try to run against your precious obama in 08 did I?"

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Schnorkles posted:

Frankly IMO no matter who wins (Hillary / Bernie / Trump) I think each of them should face a serious primary challenge in 2020

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Tigntink posted:

"I remember FDR taking office like it was yesterday..."

memy
Oct 15, 2011

by exmarx
Tad Devine accidentally called Hillary "Henry"

:bernget:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lyapunov Unstable
Nov 20, 2011

Brannock posted:

Frankly IMO no matter who wins (Hillary / Bernie / Trump) I think each of them should face a serious primary challenge in 2020
all politicians should constantly be primaried to keep them on their toes, that's like one of the main modern functions of primaries

• Locked thread