Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Hillary also said she admires Hakeem Olajuwon and wishes he won more NBA titles

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

LET ME EXPLAIN TO YOU WHY YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING

HapiMerchant posted:

Probably the whole bit where hillary attacked sanders for party disloyalty and sanders riposted with "i didn'try try to run against your precious obama in 08 did I?"

huh. I don't see why.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

bennyfranks posted:

hillary accused bernie of infidelity

Fitting, he's been trying to gently caress the rich for a long while now.

Tenacious J
Nov 20, 2002

I'm Canadian, but tuned in for this. I hope you guys end up with Sanders, he really seems like an honest guy with a very good plan, whereas Hilary just feels like a snake.

Marlows
Nov 4, 2009

Joementum posted:

The two best debates of this election so far have been the John Dickerson CBS Democratic debate and tonight's PBS Democratic debate. None of the others have even come close.

Agreed. I differ from most here as a Hillary supporter, but this was a solid debate. Both candidates had good and bad moments but importantly actual issues were discussed. Should something odd happen and Sanders win, Bernie's performance tonight gives me more reasons I would happily support him.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Brannock posted:

Frankly IMO no matter who wins (Hillary / Bernie / Trump) I think each of them should face a serious primary challenge in 2020

should as in you think that someone should do it, or should as in you are predicting that is likely. If the latter, why do you think a party would primary its own candidate?

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Hillary said Kawhi Leonard is not very good

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:

Brannock posted:

Frankly IMO no matter who wins (Hillary / Bernie / Trump) I think each of them should face a serious primary challenge in 2020

I personally think no candidate should ever go unprimaried no matter how good they did. I mean look how Bernie doing this made Hillary changed her narrative on a lot of things.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Brannock posted:

Yes

Have you never experienced anyone going "Oh sweetie honey I know how terrible this must be for you" because that's pretty much what Hillary did in her closing statements after ignoring Wisconsin all night, even in questions that were pretty clearly about Wisconsin's problems in specific (segregration, incarceration, unions), other than to take digs at Scott Walker and Bernie in the same sentence

Okay. Sorry she trashed your governor in a way you didn't like, rather than in the context of Wisconsin-specific problems like segregation, mass incarceration, and the degradation of unions.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I'm not feeling Hillary's support of women that strongly, though, he always pulls out his pro-choice record but women's right is hugely bigger than that.

HapiMerchant
Apr 22, 2014

Spatula City posted:

huh. I don't see why.

Well, using your closing statement to basically go "how dare you not toe the party line" isn't usually indicative of a strong position. It's also one of those remarks that the other side can easily hook on to smack at her.

Lyapunov Unstable
Nov 20, 2011

Joementum posted:

The two best debates of this election so far have been the John Dickerson CBS Democratic debate and tonight's PBS Democratic debate. None of the others have even come close.
I was super shocked at how adult this one felt, it's like I forgot what that was like.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Schnorkles posted:

I happily plan on voting for either democratic candidate, friend. :)

I would prefer HRC, but I can understand the allure of Bernie.

This is me, I'm a loyal democrat.

But I'd really have to give some real thought to my vote if Sanders won. I'm not sure I can vote for a man who would empower Iran while simultaneously failing to adequately regulate Wall Street.

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
Nice to have an actual debate for once. It was a bit wonky, but eh, PBS, what'd ya gonna do

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Pick posted:

churchill? booooooooooooooooooooo

Churchill was a good wartime leader

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Joementum posted:

I don't really know why Bernie's doing so much better tonight. Was he doubting himself until NH? Is the format helping him? :iiam:

It was detailed a few days before the first debate; he isn't memorizing anything (besides speech stuff he already knows, hence all the financial plank repetition) and doesn't use a Hillary standin for debate shadowboxing. He's basically learning and adapting as he goes along, which is why he's getting way better at recovery and answering surprise questions than Hillary.

It's extra hilarious when remembering all the smug "heh heh still want more debates Sanders???" Posts after the first.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

blue squares posted:

should as in you think that someone should do it, or should as in you are predicting that is likely. If the latter, why do you think a party would primary its own candidate?

The former

Speaking hypothetically, the latter is good for ensuring candidate strength and preparedness. If Carter had been primaried, for instance, then I think Carter vs Reagan would have turned out differently

badatom
Dec 10, 2011
I don't know if anyone's watching PBS after the debate, but David Brooks is repeating the story with the $18 trillion healthcare figure again. Hasn't that been thoroughly debunked?

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Nonsense posted:

that's it, she's lost my vote forever

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

Pick posted:

I'm not feeling Hillary's support of women that strongly, though, he always pulls out his pro-choice record but women's right is hugely bigger than that.

I'm guessing you mean Bernie, not HIllary, and what about his record are you not feeling? What is he missing?

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Yeah except if your president loses, then you don't have an incumbent and your party looks like idiots and you lose the general

Yudo
May 15, 2003

Top City Homo posted:

Churchill was a good wartime leader

Yes. Imperialism bad, but not becoming a nazi vassal good.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Brannock posted:

The former

Speaking hypothetically, the latter is good for ensuring candidate strength and preparedness. If Carter had been primaried, for instance, then I think Carter vs Reagan would have turned out differently

I'm agreeing with something you said, gross.

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

The Iron Rose posted:

But I'd really have to give some real thought to my vote if Sanders won. I'm not sure I can vote for a man who would empower Iran while simultaneously failing to adequately regulate Wall Street.

The US should not be picking sides in a holy war, want to gently caress over Iran? Protect shia muslims

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

MechaFrogzilla posted:

Okay. Sorry she trashed your governor in a way you didn't like, rather than in the context of Wisconsin-specific problems like segregation, mass incarceration, and the degradation of unions.

I was part of the 2011 protests against Walker that occupied the state capitol. I hosted several OWS organizers and protestors who were traveling the country and stopped in Madison before going on to NYC. Tonight is the first time that Hillary has spoken directly on the issue -- as far as I know -- and she saved it until the very end when she needed to make an impression on the Wisconsinite audience and directly attacked Walker on the issues. While I appreciate the condemnation of Walker, I can't help but see it as opportunistic and self-serving. Where was this support five years ago?

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

badatom posted:

I don't know if anyone's watching PBS after the debate, but David Brooks is repeating the story with the $18 trillion healthcare figure again. Hasn't that been thoroughly debunked?

like david brooks gives a poo poo about facts

Dead Cosmonaut
Nov 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
Hillary showed a great interest in the idea that Sanders supporters are going to vote for her in November tonight

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...

The Iron Rose posted:

Come to the dark side. Join the movement!

Lyapunov Unstable
Nov 20, 2011

badatom posted:

Why the gently caress does that guy get so much airtime?

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Five years ago she was the Secretary of State and it would have been inappropriate for her to be politicking in a governor's recall election, probably

Rasta_Al
Jul 14, 2001

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
Fun Shoe

Nonsense posted:

When asked which current NBA player he admires the most, Bernie looks straight into the camera and gives a five minute speech about Doctor J's immaculate grace in the paint.

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

Brannock posted:

I was part of the 2011 protests against Walker that occupied the state capitol. I hosted several OWS organizers and protestors who were traveling the country and stopped in Madison before going on to NYC. Tonight is the first time that Hillary has spoken directly on the issue -- as far as I know -- and she saved it until the very end when she needed to make an impression on the Wisconsinite audience and directly attacked Walker on the issues. While I appreciate the condemnation of Walker, I can't help but see it as opportunistic and self-serving. Where was this support five years ago?

Remember when the DNC barely sent us any money at all to run our candidates and then acted surprised when we lost

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

Brannock posted:

Like the first thing she said was an attack on Walker, it might have actually been in her opening remarks. She also went after Walker in her response to Bernies college proposal. I could be conflating those two.

Dead Cosmonaut
Nov 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
40% increase in government
18 trillion healthcare
dead rich people everywhere

:getin:

Reik
Mar 8, 2004
How much more experience with foreign policy did Obama have in 2008 than Bernie does now? Legit question

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.

blue squares posted:

Yeah except if your president loses, then you don't have an incumbent and your party looks like idiots and you lose the general

If your sitting president manages to get primaried, I have my doubts he was going to be in a position to win the general.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

i mean he was clearly going for a "i respected him because he got poo poo done when poo poo looked bad and everything was on the brink" sort of way but churchill was a really bad answer after the kissinger attack and i feel like he only went for him because's the de facto "good guy foreign leader" old people think of

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
No, but really, why is a Democrat defending Henry Kissinger in 2016?

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

SirKibbles posted:

Remember when the DNC barely sent us any money at all to run our candidates and then acted surprised when we lost

God gently caress Tom Barrett and his completely limpdicked campaigns

Burke was better, but not by enough. I think she would have had been a very competent governor, but didn't have quite enough charisma to win an election, sadly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proposition Joe
Oct 8, 2010

He was a good man

Joementum posted:

No, but really, why is a Democrat defending Henry Kissinger in 2016?

Hillary Clinton is a Republican.

• Locked thread