Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jonny_Rocket
Mar 13, 2007

"Inspiration, move me brightly"
One of the best lines so far from Snart: "Gideon! Bone me."

Also, 100% this:

Kammat posted:

Snart continues to be the best character on here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.
Yeah, gotta add to the Snart love here. "That was cold; even by Russian standards."

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!
Snart is just going to start collecting wallets from across the timeline.

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.

Zebulon posted:

Snart is just going to start collecting wallets from across the timeline.

By the end of a few seasons, he could probably assemble a money case to rival Doc Brown.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

The, uh, histrionics are a little much.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Thanks for the spoilers next episode preview.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Look at al these scrubs disregarding military protocol, wearing hats in door without a side arm :colbert:

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Jonny_Rocket posted:

One of the best lines so far from Snart: "Gideon! Bone me."

Also, 100% this:

I feel like this show would be a lot better if it was just Rip and the Rogues

incidentally, also a killer band name

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
Also Kammat you rat gently caress is the title of this thread ever getting fixed? I am triggered so hard every time I see it :mad:

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Are they going to make a Soviet Volcana?". I'd be down for that.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Soothing Vapors posted:

Soothing Vapors posted:

If Canary is a Rogue then yes please.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

The heist at the start of the episode was really good. If the show was just more of that it would be so much better. Stein and Hawkgirl are still terrible, though Ray's improving a bit. The bit with Canary and Hawkgirl was just way too reminiscent of the stupid drama that goes on in Arrow.

It occurs to me that this show would be vastly improved if Savage was never seen, he was just this shadowy figure pulling the strings, so the team would have a reason for not being able to confront him directly and would have to do all these missions where they have to steal stuff, infiltrate places, sabotage research, etc. It's too late for that now, unfortunately, because Savage is already established as being very hands-on.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
I wonder at what point in the writing process they decided to make the insanely sexy friendly billionaire with an Iron Man suit the guy everybody shits on.

Because that was genius.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

boom boom boom posted:

I wonder at what point in the writing process they decided to make the insanely sexy friendly billionaire with an Iron Man suit the guy everybody shits on.

Because that was genius.

The point where, like the rest of us, they realized Ray was a spergy dweeb. :allears:

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Bad Moon posted:

Look at al these scrubs disregarding military protocol, wearing hats in door without a side arm :colbert:

That triggered me so loving hard

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
This was like the funnest hour of television I've seen in years.

I mean...okay, the Sara/Kendra thing I could take or leave. They tried to play it off like "Hey your problem is the opposite of mine" but really, nah, they have the exact same problem and it's kind of annoying at this point. We got the whole "I can't control my raaaage" thing with Roy, then with Thea, now with Sara and Kendra. It's done. Leave it.

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

This show remains good and if you have problems with it it's probably due to your overexposure to this website.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE

Soothing Vapors posted:

Also Kammat you rat gently caress is the title of this thread ever getting fixed? I am triggered so hard every time I see it :mad:

It's a show about superhero fuckups banding together and being completely incapable of anything resembling competence. A misspelled thread title seems oddly appropriate.

Jonny_Rocket
Mar 13, 2007

"Inspiration, move me brightly"

Soothing Vapors posted:

Rip and the Rogues would be an awesome band name. And I 100% agree - I'm not the biggest fan of Jackson or Hawkgirl. Also, can't forget about Professor Cosby - I mean - Stein.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

BrianWilly posted:

This was like the funnest hour of television I've seen in years.

I mean...okay, the Sara/Kendra thing I could take or leave. They tried to play it off like "Hey your problem is the opposite of mine" but really, nah, they have the exact same problem and it's kind of annoying at this point. We got the whole "I can't control my raaaage" thing with Roy, then with Thea, now with Sara and Kendra. It's done. Leave it.

I honestly thought they were going to try something like 'without Carter around, Kendra's inner Hawk Goddess is out of tune/balance' or something similar. Which would have maybe actually been interesting.

Nope, just generic rage like half of the cast of Arrow. :negative:

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

WarLocke posted:

Nope, just generic rage like half of the cast of Arrow. :negative:

The other half is alcoholism.

The more you know!

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

boom boom boom posted:

Because that was genius.

He's pretty much the anti-Iron Man when you think about it, Stark is self centered, is always working with his company, and is insanely confident most of the time.

Palmer thinks he's as 'insignificant as a real atom,' basically severed with his company and doesn't bother to rebuild it, and lets himself get discouraged by microscopic shrapnel that he can totally blow away if he just grows a pair.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

When do they go to the 90s and have Canary use her dance moves to infiltrate a Savage affiliated group?

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Wentworth Miller is great but Brandon Routh really deserves a ton of cred for some of the best lines of the episode too. They play off really well together.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Stephanie Corneliussen is like a younger, Danish Angelina Jolie. Hoooooo wheeee. :allears:

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Sure, isn't she a legit skilled martial artist who could probably break Vandal Savage in half IRL?

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Tiggum posted:

It occurs to me that this show would be vastly improved if Savage was never seen, he was just this shadowy figure pulling the strings, so the team would have a reason for not being able to confront him directly and would have to do all these missions where they have to steal stuff, infiltrate places, sabotage research, etc. It's too late for that now, unfortunately, because Savage is already established as being very hands-on.

Hell no. If there's anything we've learned from this season of The Flash, it's that a season villain who rarely shows up is detrimental to the overall plot, no matter how powerful he is.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
As I said in spoilers, Kendra and Sara's infiltration reminded me of the first X-men comic I read where Carol Danvers and Wolverine go into the Pentagon to erase the military's database about the X-men and Ms Marvel. This made me think that if Caity Lotz was taller, she's make a good Captain Marvel. Hey its not like the two companies haven't poached each others actors for their properties before.

I really do hope they explain why the Time Masters are so adamant that they let Savage take over the world. Oh this is the proper course of human history, that an immortal magical man rules over the earth and kills everyone, that is human histories destiny? Even if we assume that Savage was created in Egypt rather than the distant past ( I don't know why this change pisses me off so much), you'd think someone having powers beyond normal humans and using that for world conquest would be considered altering the past. Savage is technically a time traveler to, just only forward and slowly, but he's still using his immortality to give him an advantage no one else has.

As was suggested, Savage may be either the leader of the Time Masters, or possibly have just allied with them promising them a place in his new order.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

twistedmentat posted:

Savage is technically a time traveler to, just only forward and slowly

Yes, and so are you. And me. And everyone. This is not time travel, this is existing.

The reason why the Time Masters don't want to stop Savage is because Savage did nothing against the timeline. Rip did. Rip and his team keep changing the past, which has caused severe problems in the future (including this episode's Russian Firestorm). Yes, they're doing it to stop Savage and change the future for what they expect is a better one...but this is still changing the timeline. Savage is just living his life.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Blaze Dragon posted:

Yes, and so are you. And me. And everyone. This is not time travel, this is existing.

The reason why the Time Masters don't want to stop Savage is because Savage did nothing against the timeline. Rip did. Rip and his team keep changing the past, which has caused severe problems in the future (including this episode's Russian Firestorm). Yes, they're doing it to stop Savage and change the future for what they expect is a better one...but this is still changing the timeline. Savage is just living his life.

I think there's a difference between me and you, and a guy who has thousands of years of experience, knowledge and resources. Obviously Savage can't know the future, but he can influance the future in ways none of us could. He could effect say, a family going into politics that could become a leader that eventually he could use to start wars or other stuff. We already saw that he has started a religion around himself, and his influence it vastly beyond anyone else could imagine.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Wheat Loaf posted:

Sure, isn't she a legit skilled martial artist who could probably break Vandal Savage in half IRL?

I don't know if qualifies as martial arts... maybe. She's did/does Tricking. Basically Kung-Fu X Gymnastics.

Pocky In My Pocket
Jan 27, 2005

Giant robots shouldn't fight!

I really like that each episode they push together different groups so you get different interactions.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

enraged_camel posted:

Hell no. If there's anything we've learned from this season of The Flash, it's that a season villain who rarely shows up is detrimental to the overall plot, no matter how powerful he is.

Zoom has been handled badly. That doesn't mean the concept is inherently flawed. It has been done well before and I see no reason it couldn't be done well again.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

twistedmentat posted:

I think there's a difference between me and you, and a guy who has thousands of years of experience, knowledge and resources. Obviously Savage can't know the future, but he can influance the future in ways none of us could. He could effect say, a family going into politics that could become a leader that eventually he could use to start wars or other stuff. We already saw that he has started a religion around himself, and his influence it vastly beyond anyone else could imagine.

But he can't change things that have already happened or create time paradoxes that threaten the existence of the entire universe. Come on man.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Tiggum posted:

Zoom has been handled badly. That doesn't mean the concept is inherently flawed. It has been done well before and I see no reason it couldn't be done well again.

Flash main problem is that every speeder villain is functionally the same.

shades of eternity
Nov 9, 2013

Where kitties raise dragons in the world's largest mall.

BrianWilly posted:

Wentworth Miller is great but Brandon Routh really deserves a ton of cred for some of the best lines of the episode too. They play off really well together.

I'm a firm believer that for all the faults of super man returns, Brandon Routh wasn't one of them.

I'm enjoying immensely his version of Ray "not Ted" Palmer and hope he's able to hold his own against the three crooks (cold, heat wave and white canary) as the generally descent human being of the group.

EricFate
Aug 31, 2001

Crumpets. Glorious Crumpets.

Kammat posted:

Snart continues to be the best character on here.

That's MAYOR Snart to you.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

XboxPants posted:

But he can't change things that have already happened or create time paradoxes that threaten the existence of the entire universe. Come on man.

Which brings up the point. Why aren't the time cops after the Flash? Fucker changed time like half a dozen times. Not to mention Reverse Flash and the whole massive temporal vortex.

Timepigs be slipping.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Burning_Monk posted:

Which brings up the point. Why aren't the time cops after the Flash? Fucker changed time like half a dozen times. Not to mention Reverse Flash and the whole massive temporal vortex.

Timepigs be slipping.

He did so before the invention of time travel and before time travel laws had been passed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."

Burning_Monk posted:

Timepigs be slipping.

Because the times he changed time, it was actually meant to happen.

• Locked thread