Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

Charles Get-Out posted:

why the gently caress is there supposed to be farming in this game

because people paid $900 for this space bio-dome and they need to be able to do stuff in it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Sisyphus
Nov 13, 2013

You take the blue paarp - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red paarp - you stay in pre-alpha, and I show you how deep the sperg wallet goes.

A Neurotic Jew posted:

because people paid $900 for this space bio-dome and they need to be able to do stuff in it.

i'm the ruddy faced serf working the land in the frontmost biodome

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

Happy Sisyphus posted:

Oh man they let you work in the biodome? Lucky.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

A Neurotic Jew posted:

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Galarox posted:

Stimpire Lesnick

Oh come on, wouldn't the Harkonnen Fortress from Giger's Dune concept art be more appropriate?

EminusSleepus posted:

that guy is correct it is like being taken by CIG aliens to perform an anal probe

And by "an anal probe" it's really "running a train".

hanales
Nov 3, 2013

peter gabriel posted:

OK, I won't say too much, this is a direct response to CIGs latest fetish for trying to out troll the trolls or whatever, Music is my fav so sorry if not to everyone's taste.

I present episode one of SmugBashers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVqjxEqGAq0

:laugh:

There's a reason we have :pgabz:

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

Happy Sisyphus posted:

wow you probably have like 3 weeks of mocap studio work devoted to you raking some grass.

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

I wanted this to happen!!
Soiled Meat
Fortunately, I'm sure the space farming can produce crops that the cruise ship can feed to the NPC passengers it takes to planets for space bird watching. Or maybe it's all make believe and dreams...nah.

So, the forums now has an :eonwe:. Uhmm.. Free Kimsemus!!....is this still a thing you do Eonwe?

Kramjacks
Jul 5, 2007

spacetoaster posted:

Here. I decided to see just how bad star citizens could be tonight (drunk/bored). I'll get on mechwarrior in like 30 minutes if anybody else is on mumble.

whatever, there's worse stuff out there. These people are off the rails.

What do any of these have to do with SC? Are they pictures of/made by citizens?

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Charles Get-Out posted:

why the gently caress is there supposed to be farming in this game
Chris was playing some farming app on a flight from London-- by the time he touched down in LA, he had a napkin sketch that looked like a fish skeleton (which Ben memorized before framing for his 'detritus from the gods' art collection) and a new mandate for the Dev Team.

"Guys-- we need a farming ship!"

"Uh, Chris -- can it wait? We're still trying just to keep pilots from clipping out of the ships already in the---"

"NOW! I want sketches by tomorrow. Have turbulent add them to the store the day after. Ben, you draw pictures and talk about what players can do with it on AtV, okay?"

And there you have it.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Mendrian posted:

This isn't normal, right? Other companies just like... animate models, right? Using sensible techniques? Like, nobody mo-caps every loving animation in their game, do they?

On the other hand, if you think your game is a movie...

Nov 3, 2015

Give me all your crackers

fuzzknot posted:

Oh, I was, but my bosses aren't that bright (in case you couldn't tell). Besides, I know to erase my Internet history.

It's been done. Remember the Potato ship?

I meant the schadenfreude of watching my idiot bosses' harebrained schemes backfire is turning me into a sadist, not this thread.

Now. I think Bootcha misheard me when I said I was borrowing his computer to shitpost, so I will retire for the evening.

Most web browsers have an incognito mode, it never records your history or saves anything. No need to remember to erase your history.

CashEnsign
Feb 7, 2015
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0WIlTB2vpE

very soothing

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
reminder that not only are they taking the time to shoot all this background immersion - they're re-shooting it because it wasn't quite right on the first pass. My guess is that Chris is going to be shooting and re-shooting mocap until the day the electric company cuts off the lights.

Happy Sisyphus
Nov 13, 2013

You take the blue paarp - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red paarp - you stay in pre-alpha, and I show you how deep the sperg wallet goes.

A Neurotic Jew posted:

wow you probably have like 3 weeks of mocap studio work devoted to you raking some grass.

yes i also have a unique vomiting animation distinct from the one used in the medical area

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

ha ha ha more motion capture sessions

this game is properly heading for the toilet bowl

jaegerx
Sep 10, 2012

Maybe this post will get me on your ignore list!

Chris knows how drug deals can go good or bad. The man has been living off blow for years now. I expect this to be the best part of the mocap. I hope we can do lines in the bathroom of my idris.

jaegerx
Sep 10, 2012

Oh man. In the PU I want to board someone's transport with balls of heroin stuck up my rear end to smuggle. Please Chris. Don't ruin my immersion.

Happy Sisyphus
Nov 13, 2013

what about drug deals that just go alright but not really good or bad?

jaegerx
Sep 10, 2012

Will the uee do cavity searches? Is that why we are still waiting on female models?

jaegerx
Sep 10, 2012

Can I use my farm ship to grow opium?

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Happy Sisyphus posted:

PGabz I am a longtime fan of your starcitizen video productions but i have to say that lately some of your music choices have been very aggressive and it is alarming to me

i would like to request something more soothing for your next film or maybe replace it with the mario coin sound

True story, a PGabz video got me to buy a Faith No More album.

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

Can we do drugs in the game? And if so, will we be able to experience the effects, in FPS mode?

mdxi
Mar 13, 2006

to JERK OFF is to be close to GOD... only with SPURTING

Scruffpuff posted:

The Crimperor

:pgabz::eonwe::pgabz:

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
it would kind of gently caress with my immersion if I could witness drug deals but couldn't manufacture and disseminate drugs myself. :colbert:

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

A Neurotic Jew posted:

it would kind of gently caress with my immersion if I could witness drug deals but couldn't manufacture and disseminate drugs myself. :colbert:

X3 already did it and God forbid cribble steal a feature of another game

jaegerx
Sep 10, 2012

Is there an anti drug dealer slider?

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
wanna roleplay a DARE member and give a speech to 2nd grade citizens about how pot will make people eat their babies

Ezekeel
Nov 18, 2015

The fifth seal has been broken. And so it begins.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

wanna roleplay a DARE member and give a speech to 2nd grade citizens about how pot will make people eat their babies

Please do not mention children in this game

Please please please

Don't

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/6352006/#Comment_6352006

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/6352037/#Comment_6352037

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I've played tons of Arma, and the only time people genuinely use the kinetic alphabet to communicate is on milsim servers.

What world does this guy live in that it'd be nigh on impossible for FPS people to coordinate without the kinetic alphabet? :psyduck:

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

BeefThief posted:

Can we do drugs in the game? And if so, will we be able to experience the effects, in FPS mode?

Yes. Chris has spent approximately 90% of backer funding researching this particular area extensively, and the game will accurately model cocaine addiction according to his detailed analysis.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

Romes128 posted:

Please do not mention children in this game

Please please please

Don't

its only a matter of time before its a question on 10 for the Chairman and Roberts says "YES"

because immersion

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

Unfunny Poster posted:

I've played tons of Arma, and the only time people genuinely use the kinetic alphabet to communicate is on milsim servers.

What world does this guy live in that it'd be nigh on impossible for FPS people to coordinate without the kinetic alphabet? :psyduck:

phonetic my friend.

Nov 3, 2015

Give me all your crackers

its only a matter of time before its a question on 10 for the Chairman and Roberts says "YES"

because immersion

Ya but as CIG can't figure out how to have avatars being different heights CR would have to add Man Baby's to the game, that is kind of redundant don't you think.

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

phonetic my friend.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJpkUmzYAHw&t=363s

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

"Oh no One is down"

"This is Two taking command"

"This is Two, AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH"

"Oh no Two is down"

"This is Three taking command"

"This is Three, AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH"

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

what is this showing me?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

what is this showing me?

High Level progamer elo 360 noscope ARMA gameplay (quoted wrong person).

• Locked thread