Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
Ganryujima owns and I wish Fuji went with them on NYE instead. If none of the fights matter they may as well be ludicrous. Dida vs Kratt in the anti-yamma is going to be cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

Triticum Guzzler posted:

Ganryujima owns and I wish Fuji went with them on NYE instead. If none of the fights matter they may as well be ludicrous. Dida vs Kratt in the anti-yamma is going to be cool

I just want more dead grandpas

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
Will cXb come out of retirement to call this card?

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

1st AD posted:

Will cXb come out of retirement to call this card?

I'm not sure. He was around for Rizin, but when I asked him about the WSoF Japan card, he said his computer was broken

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

fatherdog posted:

The fact that Phil Davis was able to power through my spinning back kick that was knocking Antonio McKee off his feet the day before is definitely because of pre-fight boning, and has nothing to do with the fact that Antonio McKee is 50 pounds lighter than Phil Davis

Antonio McKee tapped out to the striking of Shinya Aoki.

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFvb2HeB5g0

Not quite on the level of Munoz' wrecking ball one, but not bad.

Droopy Goines
Aug 2, 2003

Presented in DTS ES 6.1 where available.

LobsterMobster posted:

I just want more dead grandpas

Kevin Randleman just died.

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries

Droopy Goines posted:

Just heard this, very sad

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

colonel_korn posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFvb2HeB5g0

Not quite on the level of Munoz' wrecking ball one, but not bad.

genuinely lol'd at the end.

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012
Do we have a z-league thread? I want to talk about TFC.

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

Droopy Goines posted:

:(

Went to local hospital with pneumonia, suffered from heart failure while being treated.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Neurosis posted:

:(

Went to local hospital with pneumonia, suffered from heart failure while being treated.

this is the sad, other half of the steroids discussion that was happening in the ufc thread. rest in peace, kevin, one of the brave few who managed to lose a decision by maintaining solid top control for the entire fight.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

https://www.urshow.tv/Events/UR%20Fight

I hope this is the right thread for this, but an online TV network whose main program is Gary Busey reading children's bedtime stories is hosting an event next month featuring Ken Shamrock and Dan Severn in an MMA bout, Chael Sonnen and Michael Bisping in a BJJ match, Roy Jones Jr boxing a fan contest winner for $100000, and a pro wrestling match between Kurt Angle and Rey Mysterio. It's a very confusing thing! You can enter a drawing to be one of Ken Shamrock's corner persons! If you win you should beg him to stop taking fights.

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011
I don't believe any of that.

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013
https://twitter.com/JESnowden/status/698229364413108226?s=09

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

origami posted:

I don't believe any of that.

Fair enough, really.

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

That is an absolute treasure.

afatwhiteloaf
Oct 19, 2012

projecthalaxy posted:

Roy Jones Jr boxing a fan contest winner for $100000

What fan of Roy Jones Jr. fan would enter into a contest to knock out their hero for one million dollars? this can't be true

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Luke Barnett vs Mayhem Miller for a belt.

I typed that out and it's still something I have trouble believing. What a time to be alive.

Nifft
Oct 5, 2001
I'm absolutely spiffng!
Is this the real life..

https://www.urshow.tv/Events/UR%20Fight

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Rey Mysterio is under a TV contract right now. this should be interesting

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
A new season of the X-files is airing, Twin Peaks is about to start, Clinton is running for president, Ken Shamrock is scheduled to fight Royce and Severn, and Roy Jones is going to beat up a guy with a day job. I feel like I should be applying to colleges.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
Isn't Bisping still under UFC contract

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

ayn rand hand job posted:

Isn't Bisping still under UFC contract

This is grappling only. Dudes have done Metamoris and other poo poo like that before

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011
The scrolling news feed on espn at the bar I'm at said Tito was arrested for an assault on a woman outside a nightclub.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

origami posted:

The scrolling news feed on espn at the bar I'm at said Tito was arrested for an assault on a woman outside a nightclub.

http://mmajunkie.com/2016/02/tito-ortiz-cited-for-misdemeanor-battery-after-allegedly-grabbing-womans-phone-at-club

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

in a prepared statement to the press the accused was unable to make himself understood but the event was, of course, catered.

vainman
Nov 2, 2012

I find your lack of faith... disturbing
This Italian guy who runs Vennator owns

https://twitter.com/FrankMerendaVV/status/698290962301321216

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
There's the domestic violence charges but those dont rate in Italian culture

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Every time I go to say Edward Snowden, I end up saying Jonathan Snowden. Now I remember why.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

He's like Evil Lorenzo Ferttita

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
TWO Lorenzo Fertittas!?

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

1st AD posted:

He's like Evil Lorenzo Ferttita

Walorenzo

eskimaux
Jun 28, 2007

kimbo305 posted:

Every time I go to say Edward Snowden, I end up saying Jonathan Snowden. Now I remember why.

Oh poo poo I've just realised they are two different people. This whole time I thought Edward Snowden somehow really liked MMA and was unhappy with how it's run, like "well I've sorted out the NSA, now it's Venator's turn". Egg on my face.

Agent Tough Juice
May 21, 2007

People! I'd like to say a couple words for you: If you have a dream in your life... go head! It's a possible! Go head! I can do that!

fatherdog posted:

A new season of the X-files is airing, Twin Peaks is about to start, Clinton is running for president, Ken Shamrock is scheduled to fight Royce and Severn, and Roy Jones is going to beat up a guy with a day job. I feel like I should be applying to colleges.

I always think of everyone else posting on Internet forums as significantly younger than me, but it turns out everyone is actually old as dirt and no one who had a smart phone in college looks at Something Awful.

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011

eskimaux posted:

Oh poo poo I've just realised they are two different people. This whole time I thought Edward Snowden somehow really liked MMA and was unhappy with how it's run, like "well I've sorted out the NSA, now it's Venator's turn". Egg on my face.

You are too stupid to watch mma

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
The Kimbo/Dada spectacle makes me want Masvidal to sign with Bellator so they can run a Scott Coker style farce tournament in Arizona or some poo poo with somebody with actually elite skills mopping up a bunch of street toughs in under 5 minutes

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
Anyone watching Shooto Brazil this afternoon. There's a non UFC branded Jacare on the card.

Huh I didn't realize Dominick Cruz was the colour guy for Shooto.

Jose Aldo is also in the crowd and his new burger place is advertised all over the cage.

The announcers Surname is also Jacare. Is everyone named Jacare in Brazil?

Le Saboteur fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Feb 13, 2016

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

that rnc scramble was really cool / stupid / fun to watch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
Whoa the 0-1 guy killed that dude with the RNC.