Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

Nope nope nope gently caress you healers will get Ramuh, he has the cane, enjoy your moogle suit bards

gently caress both of you, Moogle tanks with pompoms luring the bosses to me like an anglerfish' glow orb :grin:

Come on, a dark knight sighing as he dons his pompom hat is the best answer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

boz posted:

Does this keyboard go to sleep if you haven't typed for a bit?

Yes but even after it wakes up it keeps doing it. Like it'll do it for 3 or 4 minutes straight. Like many times it'll happen in the middle of a dungeon. Or I'll be running forward and my character stops because of this.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Volume posted:

Yes but even after it wakes up it keeps doing it. Like it'll do it for 3 or 4 minutes straight. Like many times it'll happen in the middle of a dungeon. Or I'll be running forward and my character stops because of this.

I have a PS4 but my K520 does the exact same thing every once in a great while, and a friend's does too. Ours both tend do it at the same time though despite us being in different states so I can only assume it is something with the game rather than the keyboard.

kafziel
Nov 11, 2009
I got a strong suspicion that the tank set will be Bismarck-themed. Because this dude was in the fashion reel they did a couple weeks back:

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

Volume posted:

Hey you PS4 players who use a Keyboard. Any of you guys experience horrible key lag and delay? I mean like keyboard stops responding for like 15 seconds then spams all your keystrokes as it finally registers?I'm using a wireless Logitech k520 and this is the second keyboard/mouse combo to encounter this problem. I specifically bought this keyboard to fix the issue. And things were fine until I used it on my computer and now it's doing it all over again.

Yep. I kept having this issue and so I switched to using a wired with USB extender so I can have it halfway across the room. I thought it was my keyboard until I now see other people have had the exact same problem. I'm guessing something in the game jams up the signal.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Raids are a new thing for me and I just finished up the ARR story line, so stupid question. Is it possible to raid casually, like for glamors and stuff? I don't care about anything spergs that obsess over fflogs care about, or completion time or things like that.

goldjas
Feb 22, 2009

I HATE ALL FORMS OF FUN AND ENTERTAINMENT. I HATE BEAUTY. I AM GOLDJAS.

A. Beaverhausen posted:

Raids are a new thing for me and I just finished up the ARR story line, so stupid question. Is it possible to raid casually, like for glamors and stuff? I don't care about anything spergs that obsess over fflogs care about, or completion time or things like that.

Depends on what you mean by raid casually, I consider myself a casual raider (my group raids, but we beat content at a very slow pace and only a few hours a week because we are all so busy that's all the time we can get together to actually punch the bosses), but we do fight the current Savage stuff and it does require you to still know how to actually play the game, just not at a Worlds Best level or whatever. There's also a ton of "easy" raids in the game that you can basically just get a group of 8 or 24 random people off the street, turn your brain off, mass face on keyboard, and win as well if that's more what your talking about.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

goldjas posted:

Depends on what you mean by raid casually, I consider myself a casual raider (my group raids, but we beat content at a very slow pace and only a few hours a week because we are all so busy that's all the time we can get together to actually punch the bosses), but we do fight the current Savage stuff and it does require you to still know how to actually play the game, just not at a Worlds Best level or whatever. There's also a ton of "easy" raids in the game that you can basically just get a group of 8 or 24 random people off the street, turn your brain off, mass face on keyboard, and win as well if that's more what your talking about.

Oh no, I meant casually as in still knowing your poo poo, I just meant poo poo like min maxing

Skaw
Aug 5, 2004

A. Beaverhausen posted:

Yes, it's entirely possible to raid casually and also not get swept up in the self masturbatory rankings of fflogs. As long as your group can meet the requirements of doing mechanics, putting out enough combined DPS, and passing the heal and tank checks, you can succeed. It might take a while after the patch drops and getting geared up above the required ilvl of the encounter, but it's completely doable to clear them before they become old news through new raid tiers without putting in literally all your spare time.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Volume posted:

Hey you PS4 players who use a Keyboard. Any of you guys experience horrible key lag and delay? I mean like keyboard stops responding for like 15 seconds then spams all your keystrokes as it finally registers?I'm using a wireless Logitech k520 and this is the second keyboard/mouse combo to encounter this problem. I specifically bought this keyboard to fix the issue. And things were fine until I used it on my computer and now it's doing it all over again.
Different Logitech keyboard, on PC, and I thought it was just me but oh my god this drives me insane someone please find a fix.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

DACK FAYDEN posted:

someone please find a fix.

Wireless is currently in a state where you'll either pay through the nose (and it'll come with a proprietary wireless dongle that'll fail and cost :20bux: to replace), or you'll have about a 50/50 chance of your experience being a pile of poo poo.

(get a wired keyboard)

Burger McAngus
May 24, 2010

Patch Trailer's up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZET2yYZLN8

kafziel
Nov 11, 2009
Sephirot looks amazing.

Calcobrina looks TERRIFYING.

MohShuvuu
Aug 26, 2010

I eat ass.
Looks like our final raid boss this tier is Voltron.

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum
Was that a refrain of dancing mad?

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

enemy one body to the proximity Zan attack discard the power slap hit.

Ignimbrite posted:

Was that a refrain of dancing mad?

If you mean the music during the Sephirot part, no. that's the boss music for really major boss fights in FF6

gently caress me, those crafted sets are all really good. Dyeable Coil 1 gear...

Reco fucked around with this message at 10:00 on Feb 12, 2016

Jetamo
Nov 8, 2012

alright.

alright, mate.
Mmm, Gob-Voltron music sounds like it's going to be trumpety. I loving love trumpets.

Also Hildibrand's back! I can now happily resub.

Jetamo fucked around with this message at 10:45 on Feb 12, 2016

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

Jetamo posted:

Mmm, Gob-Voltron music sounds like it's going to be trumpety. I loving love trumpets.

It's sort of a Thing with 70s-early 80s super robots, an era of which GoLion(voltron) was part of

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Bard has less poo poo to pay attention to over MCH, right?

I don't really have a problem looking at my hotbars except with MCH with the RNG nature of its 1-2-3.

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

MCH has a lot of cooldowns with different timers to keep track of and line up properly

Edit: They also need to keep up Lead Shot on mobs because their non-burst damage is utter trash and you have to squeeze out as much as you can

Skaw
Aug 5, 2004

voltcatfish posted:

I don't really have a problem looking at my hotbars except with MCH with the RNG nature of its 1-2-3.

Bard is usually multi-target maintaining dots for River of Blood procs. And depending on mechanics, should watch for abilities that can be silenced with Blunt Arrow. Plus watching MP and TP for Songs before someone just yells at you. In single target scenarios Bard is usually pretty lax. Keep DoTs and Straight Shot up, use everything else as it becomes available, use Heavy Shot if nothing is available.

Skaw fucked around with this message at 11:25 on Feb 12, 2016

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

calco brenas!! :argh:

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

DolphinCop posted:

calco brenas!! :argh:

:agreed:

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'
And now for the bad news. The tank set is also Ifrit, the Leviathan set is for BRD/MCH as well as NIN, and Casters/Healers are both using the Shiva set. No Ramuh, Titan or Mog sets. It's kind of disappointing the one time they had 7 distinct themes with the ARR primals for the 7 different armor types they're still just making recolors to turn 4 armor models into 7 sets.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

God those Calcobrenas are creepy. Appropriate I guess.

And Gobbietron? Sign me up.

Also Hildy, can't forget the Hildy. And more beast tribe mean faster leveling for 50+ if they work like the Vanu ones did, which would be pretty great.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
Those dolls are amazing, and I really like the cityscape aesthetic in Midas

Kettlepip
Jun 23, 2009

voltcatfish posted:

Bard actually has a more poo poo to keep track of and more precisely time actions than MCH to play well. There is a misconception that MCH is somehow complicated, when it isn't really. Sure, you have to glance to see the result of split and slug (unless you have ammo, in which case you know what the result will be), but you should be doing the same on bard too for SS (and subsequently Emp to determine whether to use or hold the SS proc) and Letter procs. Bard DoT management is a lot more active and more complicated that 'press button every 30 seconds', as DoT decisions and the timing of Iron Jaws have a significant impact on your damage done.

I guess the easiest way to describe my view is that Bard is easier than Machinist to play averagely, but more difficult to play well.

The really key difference between the two jobs is that the core mechanics of Bard are always useful, whereas a major part of MCH's core mechanics are only useful under specific conditions. Too much of the job's value is assigned to Wildfire, when in the end WF is just a lovely Raging Strikes.

Kettlepip fucked around with this message at 13:37 on Feb 12, 2016

Meldonox
Jan 13, 2006

Hey, are you listening to a word I'm saying?
The new dungeons look swell, I love that the new Amdapor gets a neat new arrangement of the best dungeon music in the game, and I couldn't be happier that they use Papaya for the jukebox. The new clothing looks rad too.

I sure hope actually playing the content isn't tedious after a week this time.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you
Oh my, the music during the Containment Bay. And the dolls.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Kettlepip posted:

The really key difference between the two jobs is that the core mechanics of Bard are always useful, whereas a major part of MCH's core mechanics are only useful under specific conditions. Too much of the job's value is assigned to Wildfire, when in the end WF is just a lovely Raging Strikes.

Of course, MCH also gets to cross-class Raging Strikes, though it doesn't get the recast buff.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Yeah i've got a 60 MCH and only a 56 Bard, but the Bard feels way better. I guess I just really hate the RNG 1-2-3.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
Has there been any news on summon glamour yet?

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

nah they had to prioritize story mode alex and verminion

e: and this really dumb focus pvp

Kettlepip
Jun 23, 2009

voltcatfish posted:

Yeah i've got a 60 MCH and only a 56 Bard, but the Bard feels way better. I guess I just really hate the RNG 1-2-3.

Not wanting to over-egg the MCH chat, but I'll risk it. I think some of the difficulty with MCH and bar watching is the perceived 1-2-3 rotation, when there isn't really one. It's more proc management; you're pushing and maintaining procs up a chain, rather than watching to see whether you can proceed a 1-2-3 combo. If you've pressed 2, you don't need to watch to see if it procced a 3 before choosing your next action - which is what I think I see a lot of new MCHs do. You just mash 1 (with the assistance of ammo if available) while checking to see whether the 3 procced almost at your leisure. You're essentially keeping a churn of higher potency abilities (and maintaining mobility) in the pipe to use. Once you wrap your head around that and do it without much concentration, you've pretty much got MCH (outside of burn) nailed. I quite often find myself sat on a clean shot proc until the last second before it expires as I've had other things to do.

Meiteron
Apr 4, 2008

Whoa! You're gonna be a legend!

ilifinicus posted:

nah they had to prioritize story mode alex and verminion

e: and this really dumb focus pvp

I only see good decisions all around here.

...nope nope I can't justify verminion even for funny jokes, never mind.

In any event trailer looks awesome, Sephirot looks good, dungeons look good, Alex looks... normally I'd say good but after Gordias I'm reserving all judgement until I've actually been in there for awhile.

Also Hildibrand so gently caress all that other stuff. I mean, really.

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer
Oh god the calcobrena look terrifying.

Great looking patch though.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
What are the chances of hildi having a secret trial in it? Hildi trials are the best.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

loving music during sephirot got me hyped.

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6Lr7nRjvEk

you're welcome

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
What I really want to hear is Sephirot phase 2 after that sick-rear end intro

• Locked thread