Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Alan Smithee posted:

How the hell does a half Japanese dude clutch guns and yell about the government instead of wank it to anime queens at home

Internalized racism, probably.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Has this been mentioned yet? The not so Fantastic Four claim they placed booby traps around the camp.
What the hell kind of traps did those dildoes manage to put together? They had a bunch of gunpowder from all the bullets everyone left but I doubt any of them knew what to do with it.
It's probably just a dildo loaded in a strung tarp.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-oregon-militia-traps-idUSKCN0VL057

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Alan Smithee posted:

How the hell does a half Japanese dude clutch guns and yell about the government instead of wank it to anime queens at home

That's probably why he's so conflicted about the gays and transpeople, because he can't stop looking at trap hentai.

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Alan Smithee posted:

Because he's a true Patriot who loves America, unlike you.

Did you even try to fight your way through the FBI blockade?

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
It was funny when he replied in fluent Japanese to comments in the chat a couple of weeks ago.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

CaptainSarcastic posted:

Internalized racism, probably.

Yep. Daddy was a Marine who got some Japanese bar tail and brought her back home.

Parallel Paraplegic posted:

That's probably why he's so conflicted about the gays and transpeople, because he can't stop looking at trap hentai.

I didn't know this. I'm going to call it, Fry's going to become a woman in prison. Not become someone's bitch, but like literally start attempting to transition a la Chelsea Manning.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Young Freud posted:

I didn't know this. I'm going to call it, Fry's going to become a woman in prison. Not become someone's bitch, but like literally start attempting to transition a la Chelsea Manning.

I mean if that's really his issue more power to him but I kinda doubt you could scrub away the layers and layers of decades of self-hatred and paranoia far enough to actually get to a point where they could safely and rationally transition.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Young Freud posted:

I called this earlier in the thread, but I said Richard Speck.

Slugnoid
Jun 23, 2006

Nap Ghost
even if they just get a slap on the wrist, knowing that these guys are now forbidden from ever owning guns or voting (the two most important things in their lives) makes me obscenely happy.

A Festivus Miracle
Dec 19, 2012

I have come to discourse on the profound inequities of the American political system.

Lutha Mahtin posted:

have you not watched the youtubes at all. david fry is the long-haired part-Japanese dude

only the most recent audio stream and LaVoy promising that he wouldn't be taken alive. I've honestly had very little interest in this, even though it was occurring not that far from me geographically. Still, :lol: at the crazy half-Japanese dude. that is one confused man.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

A White Guy posted:

only the most recent audio stream and LaVoy promising that he wouldn't be taken alive. I've honestly had very little interest in this, even though it was occurring not that far from me geographically. Still, :lol: at the crazy half-Japanese dude. that is one confused man.

Wait, that's the same guy here? :psyduck: What the gently caress, America?

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Slugnoid posted:

even if they just get a slap on the wrist, knowing that these guys are now forbidden from ever owning guns or voting (the two most important things in their lives) makes me obscenely happy.

they're not necessarily forbidden from voting if they live in a non-lovely state and disenfranchising felons is actually mega-bad

for example Oregon, the state in which they were arrested, only restricts voting rights for people actually in prison

also I don't think voting is one of the two most important things in their lives- if they bought into the political system they wouldn't have seized a shack in a bird refuge

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Again, there might be bombs left by the dildoists. http://canmua.net/oregon/exclusive-oregon-occupiers-warn-415329.html

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

LGD posted:

they're not necessarily forbidden from voting if they live in a non-lovely state and disenfranchising felons is actually mega-bad

for example Oregon, the state in which they were arrested, only restricts voting rights for people actually in prison

also I don't think voting is one of the two most important things in their lives- if they bought into the political system they wouldn't have seized a shack in a bird refuge

There were a few of them that already had prior felony convictions and were prohibited from owning firearms, and, yet, they still got ahold of firearms.

It's very likely a judge is going to look at that and recommend they never see the light of day again.

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Slugnoid posted:

Lol if you think they ever voted for voted for anything that wasn't a pizza topping or a tv talent show.

A Lamer
Jul 2, 2006

A Lamer posted:

I'm imagining the hallways covered wall to wall in lube, and an elaborately set "log" trap made out of the empty drum and spiked with suction cupped on 12 inch dongs.

max4me
Jun 15, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Young Freud posted:

There were a few of them that already had prior felony convictions and were prohibited from owning firearms, and, yet, they still got ahold of firearms.

It's very likely a judge is going to look at that and recommend they never see the light of day again.

I feel they would benifit more from having to pass a few highschool level US history and civics courses. Along with a few years community service in minority area's.

I think their desire to be heros to "the cause" needs to be destroyed by directly challenging their world few and smashing it.

I remember that good prestor john had a thread about this sub-culture. He basically argued that all these groups have a grab back of boogie men. Its Satan, Its the UN, Its aliens, etc. If, these loons realize they are the minority, they will all band together under the banner of "some dark and evil force is controlling the world, and I am gods choosen warrior to fight it"

But if you leave them alone they will all turn on eachother soo loving fast.

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.
Just caught up on the last 70 pages. As a dirty foreigner who consumes a lot of American media, I thought the crazy anti-government conspiracy theorist was mostly a caricature, and not really a large representation of the population.

Uh, this thread has taught me a lot I guess. Thanks goons.

Fiend
Dec 2, 2001

Alan Smithee posted:

A self-loathing Goon is not a novel concept.

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
He's a straight up failson, one of the greats

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

wayne curr posted:

So did Cliven Bundy just flat out forget that he pulled a bunch of illegal poo poo back in 2014? And that the authorities where out to arrest him?

He may have thought he was in the clear that since they'd made no effort at all to arrest him in the last 2 years. I'm sure in his own mind he thinks they have nothing on him, because the BLM are the ones violating (his interpretation of) the constitution. If he was more afraid of assassination than arrest, then airport security may have seemed safe enough. Besides, he'd have to be unarmed if he ever wanted to see his jailbird sons again, because they don't let you take armed guards in with you to visiting hours.

It's also possible he just got excited and derped. The ALL CAPS call to arms on the bundy ranch facebook page seemed urgent. He had been planning to come a few days later, but then the FBI moved and he didn't want to miss out.

Dude is 74 and has a skewed understanding of how reality works. Who knows what he was thinking.

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
hes 69 i think, i remember being surprised he wasnt older esp because of his slavery comments

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Airborne Viking posted:

Just caught up on the last 70 pages. As a dirty foreigner who consumes a lot of American media, I thought the crazy anti-government conspiracy theorist was mostly a caricature, and not really a large representation of the population.

I mean we had one of these guys blow up a federal building in the mid-90's.

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

malae fidei cum XI_XXVI_MMIX
This has been a good thread. I laughed, I cried, I experienced the whole range of emotions a human being can possibly have.

It also made me feel good about myself for not actually wanting anybody to die. I'll just assume those people who did are fifteen, retarded and also possibly gay.

Speaking of which, if I was in the same prison as these guys I'd go for the Rorschach looking fucker on the right. Nobody would want to gently caress David.

EDIT:

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

XMNN posted:

hes 69 i think, i remember being surprised he wasnt older esp because of his slavery comments

Eh, still old enough to never see daylight on these charges: http://www.opb.org/news/series/burn...nevada-charges/

quote:

Bundy has been charged with multiple felonies, including conspiracy to commit an offense against the United states, assault on a federal law enforcement officer, using and carrying a firearm in relation to a crime of volition, obstruction of the administration of justice, and interference with commerce by extortion.

Bundy faces up to five years in prison on the conspiracy charge, up to 20 years in prison on the assault charge and the extortion charge, and up to 10 years in prison on the obstruction of justice charge.

Even if he serves concurrently that 20 year stretch is gonna suck. But at least he'll have his family around him.

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010

Young Freud posted:

:chloe:

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010
Im glad nobody died but I am sad that more people will end their lives in jail. It must be a terrible death.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

cumshitter posted:

Because he's a true Patriot who loves America, unlike you.

Did you even try to fight your way through the FBI blockade?

My mom slips me packets of ramen beneath the door as I crank one out to Yandere Simulator. I can't risk making eye contact

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

max4me posted:

I feel they would benifit more from having to pass a few highschool level US history and civics courses. Along with a few years community service in minority area's.

I think their desire to be heros to "the cause" needs to be destroyed by directly challenging their world few and smashing it.

I remember that good prestor john had a thread about this sub-culture. He basically argued that all these groups have a grab back of boogie men. Its Satan, Its the UN, Its aliens, etc. If, these loons realize they are the minority, they will all band together under the banner of "some dark and evil force is controlling the world, and I am gods choosen warrior to fight it"

But if you leave them alone they will all turn on eachother soo loving fast.
That was my favorite part of the Teapartycommunity shitshow, after goons stopped posting poopdicks and goatses, it was only a matter of time before they all started calling each other RINOs and Goon trolls because someone had the gall to criticize their rifle handling

Airborne Viking posted:

You know how you people love to go on about how crazy americans are? It's because there's two americas and you can never seem to pin it down. Welcome to the other half.

a messed up horse
Mar 11, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

LGD posted:

Ohio is like Oregon too, so if David goes home after he gets out he can vote again. I'm sure he won't, but he could.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

a messed up horse posted:

Ohio is like Oregon too, so if David goes home after he gets out he can vote again. I'm sure he won't, but he could.

Why would he leave Oregon? It's the land of weed and honey.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Angela Christine posted:

Why would he leave Oregon? It's the land of weed and honey.

And ankle monitors.

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid

Angela Christine posted:

Eh, still old enough to never see daylight on these charges: http://www.opb.org/news/series/burn...nevada-charges/

Even if he serves concurrently that 20 year stretch is gonna suck. But at least he'll have his family around him.
lol yeah hes going to die in prison inshallah, i was just expecting him to be pushing 80 not barely over retirement age from the level of racism, i guess being a conservative mormon from the desert probably accounts for that though

max4me
Jun 15, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Found that thread from D&D in the archives and the remarks regarding the bundy's

"Prester John" posted:

Alright, with all that said, let me relate this all to the Cliven Bundy affair, step by step.

1.) There has been an ongoing Narrative Convergence in this country for decades, but that especially kicked in to high gear after Obama's election. Of Particular note here is Alex Jones, who was once a mortal enemy to Neo-Cons but now as a result of the Convergence gives Michael loving Savage 45 minute long televised blowjobs.

2.) 2012 was a massive defeat for Authoritarians. First off, they hated Romney. the entire 2012 Primaries was a desperate search by the Authoritarian wing of the party to find anyone *ANYONE* but Romney. They did not like having to support him as their Champion, and only did so with the promise that he would win. When he lost, they were beyond loving pissed.

3.) Onto this scene emerged Cliven Bundy, and he was almost too perfect. An old style Patriarch who had been farming his land forever and struggling mightily against the encroachment of the Federal Government. To Authoritarians Cliven Bundy was an instant symbol of an innocent time lost, a man unable to understand the changing world around him about to be over run by a cruel and sadistic government. An echo of a better time choosing to die on his feet rahter than live on his knees. (Needless to say, it was very easy for Authoritarians to project themselves in to Bundy's situation.)

4.) This is where the "Narrative Convergence" comes in. The Cliven Bundy story was broken originally by Alex Jones, who speaks to one group of Authoritarians (notably, the militia movement). From there Drudge picked up the story and it went viral in Tea Party circles (Another group of Authoritarians, notably the religious flavor.) Shortly thereafter Hannity picked it up, and Hannity speaks to a moderately less extreme group of Authoritarians. (Hannity's entire career is based around being a less talented Authoritarian version of O'Reilly.) This is a really crucial point in forming the feedback cycle that everything hereafter derives from. Authoritarians who are nominally in opposition to each other all agreed on a universal narrative.

5.) People start demanding action be taken to defend this noble Patriarch and his family. "ACTION NOW" becomes the battle cry. In particular Authoritarian Militia groups, long itching for an excuse, start to show up to defend the Bundy Ranch. Emotion swells and soon there is a public display that resembles a full blown psychotic break from reality.

6.) As support rolls in (both in material, financial, and people) the militias organize loosely under the direction of Cliven Bundy with organization support from the Oathkeepers. They draw a clear line in the sand and aim guns at the federal agents. The militias behave as if this is the dawn of a new civil war. They become openly fatalistic and begin jovially talking about "None of us is going to make it out of here alive". They discuss putting the women on the front lines so that the "Whole world will see" them getting brutally shot down by the feds.

7.) There is never a clear plan or idea for winning, because most do not expect to win a tactical victory. They are there to die fighting in the New American Civil War. Eventually, claiming to have been instructed directly by the voice of God that morning, Cliven Bundy leads the charge (on a tractor I believe) that results in the Feds backing down. There was no plan for the Feds actually surrendering.

8.) Within days the Inner Narratives assert themselves and there are several armed standoff's in the camp that very loving nearly result in free fire zones. It becomes suddenly clear that the militia's now own an easily defendable and impossible to supply hunk of useless desert in the middle of summer. Morale plummets, all but the diehards leave.

And now, some videos to illuminate what I am talking about.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYsK3DnW4Ug
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2uEXkmMealE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4A5QtrfnnWI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6HtDNPIIOsM

Prester Jane hosed around with this message at Mar 25, 2015 around 23:17

Rock Daddy
Dec 28, 2009
The best thing about this event...

Walmartyrs
Y'All Qaeda
Vanilla ISIS
Yeehawists
Yokel Haram
Ranch Dividiots
Al-ShaJimBob
Moonshinehadeen
Shania Law
MujahiJimmyDean
Ranch Dildonians
the floundering fathers
cowliphate
Traitriots

Did I miss any?

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
i liked potatriots

Setset
Apr 14, 2012
Grimey Drawer
fools, Cliven has the feds right where he wants them. putting him in prison will only give him access to the world's most deadliest army: hard convicted criminals. once he has a chance to show them the constitution ...

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
uh yeah you missed one.... HEROES...

idiot

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

The things Cliven knows about the negro are going to make him a really popular guy in prison.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fiend
Dec 2, 2001
First Ted.
Then Ryan and Ammon
Now Clivern
Can't a Bundy get a break?