Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
also someone post the Federal conviction stat

basically you only get a Federal charge if you actually are guilty beyond reasonable doubt. The Feds don't gently caress around and see what sticks, you get the charge after your rear end is already stuck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

now he has plenty of time to bleed

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

the little piece of that lovely neck tattoo peeking around the corner is what puts it over the top for me

sluggo is mad
Jan 14, 2012

Buglord

cumshitter posted:

I am 100% convinced the FBI got to Fiore really fast and then denied they were working with her. She told them to look for explosives, like the propane tanks for their stoves, and remove them.

Lol if they also got Fiore to talk Cliven in walking right into a pair of handcuffs. Just a reminder, this is our generation's Benedict Arnold. The oath breaking government beuraucRAT who sold out the second American Revolution.

lol at the unfortunate genetics to the right of fiore. Girl or moobs?

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

her daughters are named sheena and savannah, and were probably born in the 90s. that really says all that needs to be said imo

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

XMNN posted:

theyre used to political religion crazy not fullblown chemtrail illuminati stuff i think

oh god that story about how the rest of them shunned him because pray4isis lmfao

InterFaced posted:

Its worth listening to the audio if you're bored. Some solid gold purestrain crazy. Everything from "I just want marijuana" to "The government is chemically mutating everyone"

:lol:

Irradiation
Sep 14, 2005

I understand your frustration.

Mr. Belding posted:

i hallelujah'd twice looking a that michelle fiore picture

She's a classy lady

quote:

On November 21, 2015, on her weekly AM radio program on KDWN, Fiore explained why she had not signed a Nevada Assembly Republican caucus letter that called for a review of federal safeguards before Nevada would resettle Syrian refugees. She said, "We didn't know anything about the letter, nor did we get invited to be on the letter." She went on, "He's like, 'The Syrian refugees.' I'm like, 'What, are you kidding me? I'm about to fly to Paris and shoot 'em in the head myself.' I mean, I am not OK with Syrian refugees. I’m not OK with terrorists. I’m OK with putting them down, blacking them out. Just put a piece of brass in their ocular cavity and end their miserable life. I’m good with that."

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

When I went into work today, I expected the four would give themselves up but I never expected Cliven would end up getting busted as well, and for doing something stupid like walking into a FBI trap, too.

VikingSkull posted:

also someone post the Federal conviction stat

basically you only get a Federal charge if you actually are guilty beyond reasonable doubt. The Feds don't gently caress around and see what sticks, you get the charge after your rear end is already stuck.

Federal conviction is something like 98%, right? I think they're looking a six years, mininum, because of the conspiracy charge. With all vandalism, theft/misuse of government property, federal felony weapons charges that got violated, there's guys who are probably going to spend the rest of their lives in prison.

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

VikingSkull posted:

To be fair, the Founding Fathers actually understood them, though, if they didn't understand the Fathers.

Hooray for the Electoral College!

If you think about it, federal prison will be the best father David Fry ever had. It will make him take his medicine on time and it will spend all day with him,.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Irradiation posted:

She's a classy lady

on the other hand Fiore is noted for having been the only Republican to vote for lifting the ban on same-sex marriage and the legalization of medical marijuana.[5]

plus she can form complete sentences so if she's the new sarah palin it's progress imo

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

They almost missed their time with the family christmas photographer because shaun couldnt find his shootin glasses or tactical fitted metallic red t shirt.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

I am legit glad David didn't kill himself. From the beginning it was clear he's just a really hosed up guy who needs medication and a therapist. I hope the Bundys all rot in jail for years and David can do some time at a mental institution and turn his poo poo around.

How do you discern the two?

forward pass
Dec 9, 2005

Y'all get back now.
I had to work since 7 this morning and just got home. Does anyone know what page number of this thread is the beginning of the poo poo that went down this morning? TIA

edit: ah, understood. Was hoping for a livestream of hilarity or something. That's cool, though. Thanks

forward pass has issued a correction as of 03:07 on Feb 12, 2016

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

forward pass posted:

I had to work since 7 this morning and just got home. Does anyone know what page number of this thread is the beginning of the poo poo that went down this morning? TIA
It wasn't that good, nor the comments here

Novo
May 13, 2003

Stercorem pro cerebro habes
Soiled Meat

Darth123123 posted:

How do you discern the two?

he's a follower not a leader. ammon at least has videos of himself on the internet with him speaking calmly and authoritatively. david's pretty much always ranting if he isn't pouting

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

cumshitter posted:

I am 100% convinced the FBI got to Fiore really fast and then denied they were working with her. She told them to look for explosives, like the propane tanks for their stoves, and remove them.

Lol if they also got Fiore to talk Cliven in walking right into a pair of handcuffs. Just a reminder, this is our generation's Benedict Arnold. The oath breaking government beuraucRAT who sold out the second American Revolution.

Having listened to Fiore talking to David Fry live, I am kind of skeptical she was in direct contact with the FBI.

Towards the end she was an active and inarguable detriment to a peaceful resolution and if she was working directly with the FBI they would have shut her the gently caress up.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Novo posted:

he's a follower not a leader. ammon at least has videos of himself on the internet with him speaking calmly and authoritatively. david's pretty much always ranting if he isn't pouting

So they both go to jail for different lengths or one goes home to smoke weed?

Novo
May 13, 2003

Stercorem pro cerebro habes
Soiled Meat
i've followed this thing pretty closely and as much as i despise the politics of everyone involved i think it would be cool if the feds basically let the joiners who got in over their heads off the hook, while sticking it to the ringleaders

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

Epic High Five posted:

The irony has been pointed out before that if these guys got what they wanted and the land was returned to the states, they'd be out of business because the states are legally required to charge fair market value. With the government contracts, they pay like 1/10 of that.

:lol: if you think they wouldn't immediately turn their current "the federal gub'mint is acting unconstitutionally by owning land" position onto the state government the moment control of federal lands was turned over to state governments. These idiots aren't going to be happy until they're allowed to turn federal land into their own private fiefdoms and act as sovereign entities.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
so what happened to the other people between Lavoy getting shot and the final four?

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Alan Smithee posted:

so what happened to the other people between Lavoy getting shot and the final four?

they ran like gently caress and if they had warrants they were arrested

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Alan Smithee posted:

they evolved
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvZ_L9JsUsw

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Geoj posted:

:lol: if you think they wouldn't immediately turn their current "the federal gub'mint is acting unconstitutionally by owning land" position onto the state government the moment control of federal lands was turned over to state governments. These idiots aren't going to be happy until they're allowed to turn federal land into their own private fiefdoms and act as sovereign entities.

I think you'll find that I detailed this step in a followup post :colbert:

It involves not recognizing any authority higher than a sheriff, because they believe they can lynch any sheriff who disagrees with them, presenting the sheriffs in question with the situation of having to choose between letting them annex all the land they want and literally dying

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
This thred is dead. Where's the new takeover thred

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

Epic High Five posted:

It involves not recognizing any authority higher than a sheriff, because they believe they can lynch any sheriff who disagrees with them, presenting the sheriffs in question with the situation of having to choose between letting them annex all the land they want and literally dying

I don't think they would settle for any form of local governance, even if it was wholly in their pocket. They're not going to be happy until they're able to act as the local government and any sheriff would only be allowed to exist while acting on their behalf - not looking the other way and letting them do as they please.

Lafarg
Jul 23, 2012

After staying camped out in that shithole for several weeks because they thought they were going to go to jail, the best troll the FBI could do now is just let all four of them go with no charges.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Have the mug shots been posted yet?
https://twitter.com/KOINNews/status/697964264707874816

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Can you imagine how much David is shouting at this moment?

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

That's a v femine guy with luscious hair with a schoolgirl look.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

fuctifino posted:

Can you imagine how much David is shouting at this moment?

Eh. He looks like he almost has a smile. I think now that he's there he's probably OK with it. At least for these first few hours he's the center of attention. In a day or so when no one comes to visit him (especially over the weekend) it'll hit him again.

Darth123123 posted:

That's a v femine guy with luscious hair with a schoolgirl look.
Maybe he had a point when he worried about being raped in jail.

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Having listened to Fiore talking to David Fry live, I am kind of skeptical she was in direct contact with the FBI.

Towards the end she was an active and inarguable detriment to a peaceful resolution and if she was working directly with the FBI they would have shut her the gently caress up.

That wasn't Fiore talking to Fry towards the end. It was some other wingnut. It's likely that Fiore was at least being fed stuff by the FBI when she was talking to them. She got them to move the propane tanks and there was a point where she asked if they could use their heater and the FBI said "no". Her approach was very "we're in this together" and personal. She might be a lovely human being but the "I haven't hugged you yet" and "can we pick you anything up on the way" were statements implying a "normal" future. She did OK for someone not trained for that role.

The chick they were talking to this morning was all over the place. She bowed out so suddenly that I suspect she was eventually contacted by the authorities and told to STFU. Like Gavin, she seemed to really, really want things to end badly.

Was nice of law enforcement to let them have a shower before their mugshots. Can't have been pleasant for those who had to share cars with them on the way to jail.

Lolie has issued a correction as of 04:16 on Feb 12, 2016

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Lolie posted:

The chick they were talking to this morning was all over the place. She bowed out so suddenly that I suspect she was eventually contacted by the authorities and told to STFU. Like Gavin, she seemed to really, really want things to end badly.

Was nice of law enforcement to let them have a shower before their mugshots. Can't have been pleasant for those who had to share cars with them on the way to jail.
I think she literally gave up on him. That coupled with more crazy Fry got by the end between the UFO talk and not really being a Christian and all that, she was just done.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.

Is it just me or did the idiot woman sound a lot fatter in the live stream? I just assumed she was around 250 pounds judging by her demeanor and voice.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Three Olives posted:

Is it just me or did the idiot woman sound a lot fatter in the live stream? I just assumed she was around 250 pounds judging by her demeanor and voice.

To be fair, she was probably wearing a lot of layers. Everyone thought she was pregnant at first.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
That fucker Jahr Tsarnaev got a bunch of fangirls but none have shown up for tinfoil hat Adam Driver?

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Three Olives posted:

I know that people with southern accents inherently sound fat but some of them actually aren't :eng101:

A Festivus Miracle
Dec 19, 2012

I have come to discourse on the profound inequities of the American political system.

I bet that the guy named Jeff is the long-haired dude.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

A White Guy posted:

I bet that the guy named Jeff is the long-haired dude.

have you not watched the youtubes at all. david fry is the long-haired part-Japanese dude

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Lutha Mahtin posted:

have you not watched the youtubes at all. david fry is the long-haired part-Japanese dude

How the hell does a half Japanese dude clutch guns and yell about the government instead of wank it to anime queens at home

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

Alan Smithee posted:

How the hell does a half Japanese dude clutch guns and yell about the government instead of wank it to anime queens at home

even the anime babes won't take him