Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!
I think it's been long enough and I've made enough updates I'd like to pimp my own most recent mod again, Caps and Masks. You can craft something like 16 hats and 22 bandana facemasks and in the last update I started putting them in level lists for bandits, gunners and wastelanders, so if nothing else boot it up and tell me if you see anything new pop up in the wild.
http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/8836/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

I was just going to check on nexus for a hat mod but I thought I'd come here first, thanks!

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe

Saint Sputnik posted:

I think it's been long enough and I've made enough updates I'd like to pimp my own most recent mod again, Caps and Masks. You can craft something like 16 hats and 22 bandana facemasks and in the last update I started putting them in level lists for bandits, gunners and wastelanders, so if nothing else boot it up and tell me if you see anything new pop up in the wild.

Are those.... Doggles? I downloaded it as goonmods = bestmods.

scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

my desire to just be a FUCKING IDIOT all day long is rapidly overtaking my ability to FUNCTION

i suspect that means i'm MENTALLY ILL

staberind posted:

Are those.... Doggles? I downloaded it as goonmods = bestmods.
Baseline feature. :ssh:

Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm
Has anyone seen a mod or a fix yet that makes it so that provisioners aren't considered "unassigned" in a settlement and thus restrict settlement growth and happiness?

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 22 days!
See through scopes:

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/9476/

Neat!

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

loving finally. I hate sniping in this game because of that stupid fade in effect.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Saint Sputnik posted:

I must say, while i probably won't use it because i just don't like how hats and bandanas look on the models in FO4, but this is really tastefully made. I love that the colors are subdued. The stars and stripes in the base game really bothers me because it's so bright, like it was just purchased from a store. You're doing great work.

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

So as a purely hypothetical exercise, what would be a good way to expand weapon modding in F04? In terms of design, I mean.

The vanilla method is pretty dull. I would typically run back to Sanctuary, see if I could cram anything back on my guns. At specific breakpoints, I could usually add on some ubermod that added +damage to all my guns and then I was done again. Half the mods are less than useless for most characters.

How would you add sidegrades that a player might actually want to pick between? It seems like the purpose of mods are to specialize weapons down two or three paths (stealth, +Auto, +AP, +Damage) but most people quickly do the math and never deviate from it. How would you give it more life? It seems to me the only intuitive thing to do is to move away from +numbers, but most of that is covered by rare weapons in this game - I can't just slap a +50% damage to ghouls mod on the weapon of my choice, or a +Double mod, but that seems like it would be way more selective and cool than what we got.

Phetz
Nov 7, 2008

Daddy like...
Fun Shoe
I think Bethesda really limited the potential for sidegrades by not including the ammunition crafting and damage threshold systems Obsidian used in New Vegas. I could see those systems working with Fallout 4's new radiation damage and rare weapon attributes to really open up the game's possibilities for meaningfully diverse weaponry. Cosmetic weapon skinning would be great as well, especially if rare patterns were out in the world to find.

Talkie Toaster
Jan 23, 2006
May contain carcinogens

Phetz posted:

I think Bethesda really limited the potential for sidegrades by not including the ammunition crafting and damage threshold systems Obsidian used in New Vegas. I could see those systems working with Fallout 4's new radiation damage and rare weapon attributes to really open up the game's possibilities for meaningfully diverse weaponry. Cosmetic weapon skinning would be great as well, especially if rare patterns were out in the world to find.
I thought so too, I've put both back in but there's an infuriating bug with DT on power armour- if it reduces a hit to below 0 damage, it repairs the power armour (even though it doesn't heal the player).

TheCIASentMe
Jul 11, 2003

I'll get you! Just you wait and see!

Talkie Toaster posted:

I thought so too, I've put both back in but there's an infuriating bug with DT on power armour- if it reduces a hit to below 0 damage, it repairs the power armour (even though it doesn't heal the player).

A protective layer of lead develops around the exterior of the suit through heavy application of light machine gun fire.

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...

Talkie Toaster posted:

I didnt like giving power armor DT, it just made most enemies freak out and run away, even if they couldn't see me in buildings I could hear them yell and go into hiding. The concept is awesome but the game cant handle it, the NPCs could have even hurt me cause I use a higher damage scale but their AI doesn't account for that.

Sorus
Nov 6, 2007
caustic overtones
Doesn't DT reduce the viability of automatics?

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...

Sorus posted:

It would because the reduced damage per bullet. Which is a stupid game mechanic. Full auto should cause more recoil and make the gun hard to control, not reduce the damage.

Talkie Toaster
Jan 23, 2006
May contain carcinogens

Sorus posted:

Not if you have a good spread of high DT/low HP and high HP/low DT enemies. Then you just need to pack a mix of weapons. Unfortunately in FO4 DR increases linearly with level and all high level foes have ~75-100 DR, there's little diversity (which makes auto weapons suck due to their 'not-quite-DT-but-sort-of-in-the-ballpark' damage resist).

RE enemies fleeing... Yeah, I halved the DT between v1 and v1.1. Low-level trash getting out of the way is a selling point IMO but it was waaay to far.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

For a moment I thought this only zoomed in through the scope and not the whole screen and got excited. Still very good looking scopes though.

How many games have even done that effect? I've yet to play one so I assume it must be really computationally expensive and/or hard to implement.

Cirosan
Jan 3, 2012

Updated Full Dialogue Interface to Beta9. Notable features include .strings updates for patch 1.3, seven new interface layouts, and two new translations (Japanese and Russian).

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

Is there still no word on when the GECK's going to drop besides 'early 2016?'

strong bird
May 12, 2009

Reports indicate they're still working on the monetization scheme with Valve and Microsoft/Sony.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

How has modding evolved over the past couple of months

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

ZenVulgarity posted:

How has modding evolved over the past couple of months

They discovered tits once more and are slapping them on everything that jiggles

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

Magmarashi posted:

They discovered tits once more and are slapping them on everything that jiggles

Did the GECK or whatever come out yet

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

ZenVulgarity posted:

Did the GECK or whatever come out yet

Father Wendigo posted:

Is there still no word on when the GECK's going to drop besides 'early 2016?'

Two posts above yours

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

Magmarashi posted:

Two posts above yours

:justpost:

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
Oh boy a Minutemen faction mod I'll just....

Oh. You just turned them into BOS/Gunners Militia. This is the 3rd mod that does this. I want some goddamn faction variety Nexus and this isn't it.

Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm

SeanBeansShako posted:

Oh boy a Minutemen faction mod I'll just....

Oh. You just turned them into BOS/Gunners Militia. This is the 3rd mod that does this. I want some goddamn faction variety Nexus and this isn't it.

Are you talking about We Are The Minutemen? I haven't installed it yet but I thought it looked interesting.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Polaron posted:

Are you talking about We Are The Minutemen? I haven't installed it yet but I thought it looked interesting.

If that is your thing, go for it. I'm kind of the opposite, lets make the Minutemen crazy rear end 18th/19th century reinactors with cobbled together old worlds meets world end future junk kind of dude.

It's just that several mods are doing the whole 'generic post war modern militia' thing. Also, I am aching for some more traditional firearms. I wish the GECK would come and some modder does a FNV armoury mod or something here.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Well ff7cloudstrife has been making some really good weapon mods lately. Just downloaded his M 14 battle rifle mod. If only the Weapon Balance Overhaul applied to them.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Arcsquad12 posted:

Well ff7cloudstrife has been making some really good weapon mods lately. Just downloaded his M 14 battle rifle mod. If only the Weapon Balance Overhaul applied to them.

Yeah that M14 gun is awesome looking, if slightly OP.

Also, is there a mod that forces Settlers assigned to stores in settlements to go there? Because of a certain quest, the Doctor Clinic in Diamond City is closed and I can't stop chugging Psycho.

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012
I want an M1911. When are we getting that?

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Pete Hines actually just posted on the twitter about the DLC/CK nonsense:

https://twitter.com/DCDeacon/status/698176562441678854

The Survival Overhaul sounds good so far - diseases are a much needed thing, I think.

Will be interesting to see what Bethesda has in the content pipe. I have plans to make a giant gently caress-off balancing mod for this once it is in an Ultimate Edition state in a year or so.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

I'm just happy we're going to be hearing from them soon.

Also browsing Nexus, I am starting to suffer breast fatigue.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

oh poo poo Hothtrooper is making FO4 armor now

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

No classic Brotherhood undersuit/scribe robes mods yet?

zzMisc
Jun 26, 2002

SeanBeansShako posted:

Also, is there a mod that forces Settlers assigned to stores in settlements to go there? Because of a certain quest, the Doctor Clinic in Diamond City is closed and I can't stop chugging Psycho.

Here

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Thank you.

My god, it is weird that they don't have a replacement for the Diamond City Clinic or even a quest to trigger such a thing. Also, If any modding goon plans or doing a big old faction variety project for the Minutemen and want to go the Historical route I can give them plenty of sources to work with.

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...

strong bird posted:

Reports indicate they're still working on the monetization scheme with Valve and Microsoft/Sony.

Is there actually a source for this other than the tinfoil hat brigade?

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe

SeanBeansShako posted:

Thank you.

My god, it is weird that they don't have a replacement for the Diamond City Clinic or even a quest to trigger such a thing. Also, If any modding goon plans or doing a big old faction variety project for the Minutemen and want to go the Historical route I can give them plenty of sources to work with.

Well, I was thinking about changing the castle to a bird sanctuary.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

strong bird
May 12, 2009

LumberingTroll posted:

Is there actually a source for this other than the tinfoil hat brigade?

:monar:

• Locked thread