Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Well, this was certainly a Nice Boat moment :v: It's good to see Shirou trying to do the right thing, though :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cryophage
Jan 14, 2012

what the hell is that creepy cartoon thing in your avatar?

Tarage posted:

(I swear I will make an avatar one of these days I'm sorry I suck)

Do you have a particular character, scene, or reoccurring gag you favor? I'm a fair hand at making animated avatars out of comics, and I wouldn't mind trying throw one together in thanks for all this free entertainment.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
Gotta be Akarin.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

SpacePig posted:

Gotta be Akarin.

:yeah:

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
I humbly suggest THE GRIN.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

CommissarMega posted:

I humbly suggest THE GRIN.

Too... knowingly evil.

Something like this

Or this

That is, if we're looking for something cute.

If we're looking for something true?

Rodenthar Drothman fucked around with this message at 07:48 on Feb 12, 2016

Sonata Mused
Feb 19, 2013

I'll show you... a nightmare...
My order of Vol. 1 came yesterday! Remember when Asahi couldn't lie? Yeah, me either.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.

Sonata Mused posted:

My order of Vol. 1 came yesterday! Remember when Asahi couldn't lie? Yeah, me either.

Saw this in a Barnes & Noble the other day, and goddamn that old art. And I honestly completely forgot that this whole thing was him being bad at lying. Now he does it basically professionally.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

SpacePig posted:

Saw this in a Barnes & Noble the other day, and goddamn that old art. And I honestly completely forgot that this whole thing was him being bad at lying. Now he does it basically professionally.

I feel like it came about naturally enough instead of being a forgotten characteristic. Character growth, imagine that! :v:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Sonata Mused posted:

Same here, it got a bit dinged up in transit, but eh, not going to bother with returns when it's a slightly creased cover.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
Mine too!! The old art is really strange to get used to, especially when they're making surprised faces -- the eyes look oddly squinched-up somehow, despite being ordinary anime-big (as opposed to ginormous as the style would later become). It's still pretty nice and fun to have on my shelf, and it's a series I'm happy to start collecting volumes of so I can reread it.

Mygna
Sep 12, 2011
It's not like Asahi got any better at lying or putting up a poker-face, he just surrounded himself entirely with people who are too cute and dumb to see through his obvious lies.

Tarage
Dec 17, 2015

Just a little bwaka.
The thing about him lying is that he still sucks at it. He's CONSTANTLY tsukkomiing everyone. It's just that the situations are so insane that he doesn't have time to lie. All he can do is react. The chapters when he does have to try to keep a secret, he still can't.

As for the avatar stuff, I actually used Deskpire as my prettyanon profile pic. I was considering using frame three from the left 4koma, but I'm still mulling it over. http://bato.to/reader#ecb38dc677a5a544_2

Cryophage
Jan 14, 2012

what the hell is that creepy cartoon thing in your avatar?

Tarage posted:

I was considering using frame three from the left 4koma, but I'm still mulling it over. http://bato.to/reader#ecb38dc677a5a544_2

Like this?

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Changing my vote to this.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

Alpha Kenny Juan posted:

Changing my vote to this.

So. CUTE.

Tarage
Dec 17, 2015

Just a little bwaka.

Cryophage posted:

Like this?

Well poo poo. Guess that settles it. I'll change it later when I'm not being a lazy rear end in a top hat playing vidya.

EDIT: Submitted. Gotta say, that was the most convoluted gift certificate redeeming process ever.

Tarage fucked around with this message at 05:42 on Feb 13, 2016

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Tarage posted:

Well poo poo. Guess that settles it. I'll change it later when I'm not being a lazy rear end in a top hat playing vidya.

EDIT: Submitted. Gotta say, that was the most convoluted gift certificate redeeming process ever.

It was worth it though, because that's the best avatar.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Ohmigosh, Tarage, you have the best avatar ever now!! :swoon:

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.

Cryophage posted:

Like this?

Cryophage always fuckin' killing it with these avatars. poo poo.

e: Does Batoto delete older chapters of stuff if it's been officially localized? I can't seen to find the Akarin chapter.

SpacePig fucked around with this message at 17:41 on Feb 13, 2016

FortMax
Mar 22, 2013

The Bunny Hat
I think those were taken down bu the group that made them.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

SpacePig posted:

Cryophage always fuckin' killing it with these avatars. poo poo.

e: Does Batoto delete older chapters of stuff if it's been officially localized? I can't seen to find the Akarin chapter.

It removes chapters when it receives a DMCA petition.

Tarage
Dec 17, 2015

Just a little bwaka.

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

It removes chapters when it receives a DMCA petition.

Or if the uploader wants to take it down. In this case, since Underdog doesn't do licenced manga, they probably asked for them to be removed.

Also much thanks to Agronox and Cryophage for the avatar. It's great.

Tarage fucked around with this message at 02:28 on Feb 14, 2016

Tarage
Dec 17, 2015

Just a little bwaka.
http://bato.to/reader#efa782153a62365d

New chapter! Enjoy the Akane shenanigans.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
This is great. I feel better about my day.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
Oh my god, the wedding panel. :kimchi:

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

I'm sick and I was wheezing at every new page, that was amazing.

And that old guy sneaking into the last two pages to be part of the reaction shot. Jesus.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Akari looks good in that suit.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Kanos posted:

Oh my god, the wedding panel. :kimchi:

I can only hope it's like that when the happy day finally comes around :allears:

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Terper posted:

And that old guy sneaking into the last two pages to be part of the reaction shot. Jesus.

He owns.

Also get better soon :shobon:

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
Genjiro using one of Yoko's Cool Beauty poses loving slayed me. I love this dumb manga.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

SpacePig posted:

Genjiro using one of Yoko's Cool Beauty poses loving slayed me. I love this dumb manga.

And then she copied him by pure reflex

because of course

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Terper posted:

I'm sick and I was wheezing at every new page, that was amazing.

Dude that was the best, especially with him mimicking Genjirou (the old man team!! :D). He made me crack up at the last page.

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds

Captain Invictus posted:

because of course

Well, she saw a potential rival to Kuromine's affections and had to prove herself better. Little self-esteem issue there. (Gee, wonder where she got that from.) It's also why she gets so worked up when Shiho comes pervertin' around.

Also, hey, independent confirmation that Sakurada really is a teenager.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
A chapter called "Let's Panic" can only be good.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Captain Invictus posted:

because of course

Mirage posted:

Well, she saw a potential rival to Kuromine's affections and had to prove herself better. Little self-esteem issue there. (Gee, wonder where she got that from.) It's also why she gets so worked up when Shiho comes pervertin' around.

Those panels killed me.
I'm dead.

Tarage
Dec 17, 2015

Just a little bwaka.
Youko's reflexposing and her KUNG-FU-FIGHT stance are some of my favorite things about her. Also SHAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.

Tarage
Dec 17, 2015

Just a little bwaka.
http://bato.to/reader#7f75ba7ee906ffbc

Hold on to your hearts and butts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

To the man who loves art for its own sake, it is frequently in its least important and lowliest manifestations that the keenest pleasure is to be derived.

Tarage posted:

http://bato.to/reader#7f75ba7ee906ffbc

Hold on to your hearts and butts.
AAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

• Locked thread