Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

For recent stuff, Crypt of Necrodancer just came out. Shiren 5 is coming in a few months.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Saint Freak posted:

Both frames per second of Vita Isaac were good.

I got the platinum trophy, I think it runs fine (maybe it seems like garbage if you're used to the PC version or something idk but it always felt pretty smooth to me other than the super long load time when you boot up the game)

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The only bad thing about Isaac on vita is that there hasn't been even the slightest tease that the expansion is coming out for it and they've already started work on another expansion, so I eventually swapped to PC and started over from scratch.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

In Training posted:

The only bad thing about Isaac on vita is that there hasn't been even the slightest tease that the expansion is coming out for it and they've already started work on another expansion, so I eventually swapped to PC and started over from scratch.

They've technically spoke about it. The Vita, 3DS, and Wii U apparently "can't handle" Afterbirth.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:

kirbysuperstar posted:

It's pretty bad. At least accidentally eating shoes more than once and getting a recipe for a gimp mask was funny for a few moments, though.
Which parts do you dislike? Honestly curious.

voltcatfish posted:

They've technically spoke about it. The Vita, 3DS, and Wii U apparently "can't handle" Afterbirth.
Yeah well, even fully loaded PCs can barely handle the flash abomination that is Isaac.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Mithaldu posted:

Yeah well, even fully loaded PCs can barely handle the flash abomination that is Isaac.

It hasn't been Flash for like two years now. Though they did force people to rebuy the game and it's still not that amazingly programmed. But it runs perfectly fine on PC, so your point is wrong there.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

It was more of a throwaway joke than a "point". But hey, good to hear it may actually run usefully on my pc now. Time to give it another try.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Afterbirth is a ton of fun too. Shame about the Vita version, wonder if they'll try to do a PS4 version.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Ys 8:

New characters and stuff. Probably screenshots from the PS4 version, but eh.

Saoshyant fucked around with this message at 17:04 on Feb 12, 2016

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

the eu ps4 version of isaac still hasn't even gotten a patch and is impossible to 100%. terrible developers

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Hey Vita thread, Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth is loving awesome. Everyone should be playing it.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."

Heike posted:

Also, this was just posted yesterday and gives a bit more of the game play:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Knk8HkX7Anc

There hasn't been a ton of information released on it, but I'm excited. I've got it pre-ordered.

Which reminds me...I don't need to swap my US PSN account around on my Vita to play this right? I thought I had read somewhere that I could pop Japanese games into my Vita and it'd be fine with storing my saves on my US account memory card.

That looks like a much bigger cast of characters than I originally thought. Can't wait to check this out, hopefully a stateside release isn't too far behind.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Saoshyant posted:

Ys 8:

New characters and stuff. Probably screenshots from the PS4 version, but eh.

Cool

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

There's a 41 old guy in an anime game that isn't dead from being old. These are strange times we are living.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Why's he groping that anime girl

I was just kidding
vvv

Help Im Alive fucked around with this message at 17:16 on Feb 12, 2016

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

He has his arm over her shoulders in a group hug fashion. Calm down

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Ys VIII is one of my most anticipated games this year.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Oh, one more screenshot from Falcom's website:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'm glad with the jump to next gen their game still looks like an uprezzed PSP game. I love you Falcom

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

To be honest, it looks far better than Celceta. Now that was an uprezzed PSP game.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

For sure, looking at those pictures again it's more akin to an HD re-release of a PS2 game.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

I'd say they earned up-ressed ps2 game this time

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Saoshyant posted:

There's a 41 old guy in an anime game that isn't dead from being old. These are strange times we are living.

hey, ys games have lots of old guys in them, and some of them aren't even secretly dark death lords

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

If the gameplay, story and VAs are good, i couldn't give less of a drat if they had World of Warcraft level polygon counts.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

"Some".

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Cake Attack posted:

I'd say they earned up-ressed ps2 game this time

What an age in which we live.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Mithaldu posted:

If the gameplay, story and VAs are good, i couldn't give less of a drat if they had World of Warcraft level polygon counts.

Same. All the Ys games control great and move at a blistering speed, which probably benefits from the cleaner and simpler styles they utilize. I love Ys!!!

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

ys 8 is gonna own

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

I hope the vita version of ys8 runs well though since the game looks a fair bit nicer than CS and that game ran pretty bad at times. Maybe that was just poor optimization though

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
old guy will never replace the dogi-shaped hole in my heart, but maybe he'll be able to punch out his own hole next to it

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Mithaldu posted:

The gameplay is going to be great and the VA probably will be too. The story will probably be "Adol falls off a boat or something and explores a mysterious land, eventually averting another random danger to the world." but that's also just Ys and may well be great for what it tries to be.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

13/f/cali posted:

The gameplay is going to be great and the VA probably will be too. The story will probably be "Adol falls off a boat or something and explores a mysterious land, eventually averting another random danger to the world." but that's also just Ys and may well be great for what it tries to be.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
I legit love that the start to nearly every Ys game involving Adol is "Adol got on a boat, and the boat wrecked somewhere cursed."

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Digimon Cyber Sleuth effin owns

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Lemon Curdistan posted:

I legit love that the start to nearly every Ys game involving Adol is "Adol got on a boat, and the boat wrecked somewhere cursed."

Does it really happen that often?

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Motto posted:

Does it really happen that often?
It's changed around as the games have gotten remade and such. He gets shipwrecked in the Eternal/Complete remakes for Ys I on the PC but just arrives normally in the original Ys I, I think he got shipwrecked in one of the original Ys IVs before Celceta, and then finally of course he gets shipwrecked in Ys VI. So yeah it's a bit of a meme for the franchise that doesn't happen quite as often as the jokes for it would suggest.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Baal posted:

Digimon Cyber Sleuth effin owns
Hope you thought Pokemon wasn't grindy enough

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

January's top downloads. I'm disappointed at the Vita community.

quote:

PS Vita Games
1 Persona 4 Golden
2 Bastion
3 Minecraft: PlayStation Vita Edition
4 Tearaway
5 Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair
6 Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc
7 Terraria
8 Steins;Gate
9 FINAL FANTASY X/X-2 HD Remaster
10 Don’t Starve: Giant Edition

Also, for those on the fence about Steins;Gate and worried it might be too anime:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Nate RFB posted:

It's changed around as the games have gotten remade and such. He gets shipwrecked in the Eternal/Complete remakes for Ys I on the PC but just arrives normally in the original Ys I, I think he got shipwrecked in one of the original Ys IVs before Celceta, and then finally of course he gets shipwrecked in Ys VI. So yeah it's a bit of a meme for the franchise that doesn't happen quite as often as the jokes for it would suggest.

I recently played VII and its not a shipwreck but he does just randomly show up on a boat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
That happens in Ys V and Oath I think, too.