Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Well, there's at least one guy who's about to get banned. Check the current tournament rankings :laugh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
I pulled two different Bulmas in a row with DB tickets. Seconding the surprise at the tournament difficulty

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
The hard part about the tournament is that it's not giving me the ki spheres I need half the time :argh:

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
Top players almost all Broly as everyone thought.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Yeah, I got lucky and predicted a SSJ 3 Goku super going into Broly's face and Ranfan'd it.

Did get 181k points for my first tournament, which is pretty drat nice.

I did a GT multi and got Vegeta, so that's cool. Also managed a Pan. Those were all I wanted, so thanks GT banner. Then I git a SSJ AGL Goku from a random single. Also got a Staff Officer Black from a DB pull, along with yet another Dracula Man.

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 16:25 on Feb 12, 2016

visceril
Feb 24, 2008
The DB banner seems to be pretty bad this time around.

I just got super'd by android 13, not paying attention. Oops

Otoh idk if it's fatigue or the difficulty increase but I'm somehow in the top 5k. Pretty great but I'm not expecting it to last

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Yeah, I'm at 5k or so after 3 wins, seems like there's more lag on updates than previously. I'm getting more points, but I think people being sick of the WT being a slog is part of it. Broly is making this pretty tolerable, despite the difficulty spike. Enemies can't super you if they all die immediately!

I was expecting to see more teams with Broly, but it's all just UR teams for me. I think I saw one. I definitely haven't seen a P2W team like mine, though.

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 17:34 on Feb 12, 2016

Cozz
Jun 19, 2005

Perhaps you need to... reverse... his polarity? Hack? Do some hacking?
Broly friends make the tournament very easy. However, it is kinda rough having to actually pay attention. Ghost Usher and Fruit of the Tree of Might have helped me out a fair bit though.

I'm liking Turles as my leader though. It took me two battles to get up to Kami Tier, and I'm currently at 6 wins in the King Yemma tier.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
Has it actually been harder? I'm still not really trying and breezing through it. But I've only just started this morning.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

I purged my friend list of SSRs/rank 30ish friends and got 10 spaces back. Sent some of you all a request from Stasis.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I like to see anyone who's already on my team, basically anyone with a Ki passive. This usually means SSJ2 AGl Gohan and Turles.

I didn't realize that GT SSJ Trunks had +2 STR/TEQ ki passive, he's definitely got some merit as a member of Brolyteam, even is he is otherwise inferior to SSJ2 TEQ Goku. And every other Brolyteam card.

Haha, what the gently caress, I'm rank 3600 after 4 wins?

Alpha Kenny Juan posted:

I purged my friend list of SSRs/rank 30ish friends and got 10 spaces back. Sent some of you all a request from Stasis.

Accepted! Bask in the glorious light of Broly.

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Feb 12, 2016

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
IT'S OVER FREEZA!
*gets SR PHY Yamcha*
Twice.

Cozz
Jun 19, 2005

Emergency Maintenance - Estimated Completed Time, 2/13 -13:00

Guess they broke Dokkan Battle. I was having connecting issues and lag. I also just restored my stamina as the server went down.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
Apparently the maintenance is going to be for the next 24 hours. :stare:

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Well drat, I actually had all day to play today. I also had a round where I got like 70k points that is probably lost to the ether now.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

IF THIS IS A 'LOST' THREAD I'M PROBABLY WHINING ABOUT
STABBEY THE MEANY

Ammat The Ankh posted:

Apparently the maintenance is going to be for the next 24 hours. :stare:

that can't be right?

all those loving dstones.

e: 2pm now.

Webbeh fucked around with this message at 19:23 on Feb 12, 2016

Cozz
Jun 19, 2005

i think it could be right, since I think their team must be based in China since they mentioned that they would be unavailable during Chinese New Year. That or their server got overloaded by Broly attacks.

In my 10 wins I was able to hit Supreme Kai tier though (I think, I did get Tier up before the server went down). I guess the Tier Lists were right about Turles being a very good world tournament leader.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Webbeh posted:

that can't be right?

all those loving dstones.

e: 2pm now.

Yeah, 2pm tomorrow.

I was sure as heck doing my part to Gigantic Meteor the server to death.

Cozz posted:

i think it could be right, since I think their team must be based in China since they mentioned that they would be unavailable during Chinese New Year. That or their server got overloaded by Broly attacks.

In my 10 wins I was able to hit Supreme Kai tier though (I think, I did get Tier up before the server went down). I guess the Tier Lists were right about Turles being a very good world tournament leader.

Yeah, I feel like the WT is, like Broly, where Turles really shines. I'm definitely always glad to see one in my ally list. If you have other shocking speed characters, I think Ult Gohan and Roshi outclass him, but he's definitely a good leader.

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 19:28 on Feb 12, 2016

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
Had a few chances to try friend Broly supers before the server went down. I am so incredibly jealous of that BS.

I'm just glad the rerollers don't have strong enough teams yet to participate in this tournament because otherwise I might not even get top5000 for Kaioken Goku.

Incidentally, although this hasn't happened to me yet, it might be a good idea to carry a Ghost Usher item. Broly might go first and perform a super which WILL wipe you since it'll hit three times.

ChronoReverse fucked around with this message at 19:34 on Feb 12, 2016

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

As someone who just started, will I even be able to get anything worthwhile from the WT? I know there's a few participatory special missions and other stuff, just unsure if it's something I'll want to really invest in at this point.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
You get some dragon stones so it's worth trying out. But if your team is too low level and you can't win the fights, you could always wait for the next tournament.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Oh Snapple! posted:

As someone who just started, will I even be able to get anything worthwhile from the WT? I know there's a few participatory special missions and other stuff, just unsure if it's something I'll want to really invest in at this point.

It's a great way to level up characters- I usually gained about a level per win for SSRs, and you get oodles of training fodder fighters. You can also get tons of otherwise hard to get medals for Dokkan awakening.

You can also get tickets for an exclusive DragonBall only characters summon, and (rarer) tickets for a SSR only summon.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
I put Bunny Bulma as my lead to contrast with all the Brolly team leads

Cozz
Jun 19, 2005

Oh Snapple! posted:

That really depends. The man goal for any player, I believe, is getting to 100 wins, which means you'll get a guaranteed SSR's. (Unless the prizes have changed). Each world tournament run takes 60 stamina, which depending on how much stamina you have, could mean using lots of dragon stones to get that high. You do get a fair bit of dragon stones for getting wins throughout the tournament though.

Tier score wise, you might not have a good enough team to get any of the other rewards, which include Kaioken Goku, the Supreme Kai Super attack up, and another guaranteed SSR or DB summons. It might not be worth the stones (or money you could spend on stones) to try and do it more than a couple of times.

Echophonic posted:

Yeah, 2pm tomorrow.

I was sure as heck doing my part to Gigantic Meteor the server to death.

Yeah, I feel like the WT is, like Broly, where Turles really shines. I'm definitely always glad to see one in my ally list. If you have other shocking speed characters, I think Ult Gohan and Roshi outclass him, but he's definitely a good leader.

I was really hoping for an Ultimate Gohan when he was the event banner, but I still haven't gotten one. I do have a lot of shocking speed characters (4th Form and 3rd form Frezia, Pikkon, Red Beerus and SSG Goku), but I think Over in Flash is better since they're all UR's I have. Turles is performing admirably though. Since I got Kid Buu and Frezia up to 100, I subbed TEQ Gohan back in since he has that self Ki.

Also, looks like it came back up. Back to Playing.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
I forgot to mention that on my GSSR pull I got Ultimate Gohan who is now my main.

I've now got a pretty decent Kamehameha team with some good ki support. I do have 3rd Form Frieza and Pikkon, for more shocking speed, though I don't know who I'd switch out for either of them. I really want that WT Kaioken Goku since he has Shocking Speed, Over in a Flash and Kamehameha.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Aww I was so stoked about getting TEQ Bunny Bulma but she doesn't have Battlefield Diva. For some reason she has the Rival Duo link that Yamcha and Tien share with (for some reason) Naise, Daiz, and Uub.

Too bad, I could really have used a TEQ lady fighter for my lady fighter gimmick team.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Ammat The Ankh posted:

Aww I was so stoked about getting TEQ Bunny Bulma but she doesn't have Battlefield Diva. For some reason she has the Rival Duo link that Yamcha and Tien share with (for some reason) Naise, Daiz, and Uub.

Too bad, I could really have used a TEQ lady fighter for my lady fighter gimmick team.

Yeah, TEQ Videl/Saiyaman 2 is the only TEQ card with Battlefield Diva so far. I do want a Bunny Bulma, though. :pervert:

I think Rival Duo is just a reference to Yamcha and Bulma's relationship in DB and the early part of Z.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Wow, y'all weren't kidding about the tournament being harder this time around. I never had to use healing items before, but now I'm eating beans basically once per semifinal and final. If not more.

Much more fun this way though.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I like how coherent the teams are this time. Last WT it was all a mishmash of random URs, now people have SSJ teams, Over in a Flash, that sort of thing. I know it doesn't matter, but it's cool to see what people are running, since you usually only see leaders.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
I'm still running a fairly incoherent but mostly super saiyan team. If stone investment in this game wasn't as bad a deal, I'd probably have poured money into it. For now I'm still barely staving off the temptation.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

IF THIS IS A 'LOST' THREAD I'M PROBABLY WHINING ABOUT
STABBEY THE MEANY

Echophonic posted:

I like how coherent the teams are this time. Last WT it was all a mishmash of random URs, now people have SSJ teams, Over in a Flash, that sort of thing. I know it doesn't matter, but it's cool to see what people are running, since you usually only see leaders.

Yep. This is really neat.

And this focus on more damage just gives me more incentive to item grab on the map. I'm focusing on picking up as many fodder characters as possible to max out all my Rs and SRs that are just sitting at Level 1.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
Hmm, it's looking like I might have to play a lot more than expected to even maintain top5000. 100 wins isn't going to cut it.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I'm using a lot more items than I expected. Ghost Ushers, Hercules, the occasional Puar. All in the service of 5-7 *crash* *thud*s in a row. :hellyeah::getin:

Currently at 1900ish with 8 wins. Not gonna keep that, but at least top 5000 should be within my reach for a good PHY card.

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

I'm feeling a bit burnt out on the game. I've got one win, but I don't know if I can be bothered putting in the time/stone effort to get a decent placing

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

I usually just shoot for 20 victories and see the tournament as a good chance to level up a bunch of awakened SRs and SSRs.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
On that note, I should pick some SSRs that I have laying around to Z-Awaken since I'm gonna be racking up Zeni. I'm thinking AGL SSJ2 Goku would be a good place to start, followed by INT SSJ Teen Gohan? I have a lot to pick from, so we'll see who catches my fancy. Xeno Trunks is staying at level 1, though.

cptn_dr posted:

I'm feeling a bit burnt out on the game. I've got one win, but I don't know if I can be bothered putting in the time/stone effort to get a decent placing

I took the last WT off, got like 20 wins just playing casually to get the DB tickets. It's a lot of work. I think the reward's worth it this time and I have a fun team, so I'm going for it. Next time? Maybe I won't.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
AGL SSJ2 Goku is still a great character if no longer top tiered. Unless you're rolling in AGL characters, definitely upgrade before INT SSJ Teen Gohan

Cozz
Jun 19, 2005

I think what's fun/exciting this world tournament is the specter of opponent's Broly's. I've been lucky enough that I've only been hit by 1 super (SSGSS AGL Goku on my TEQ Gohan), but any time I see Broly I try and either make sure that I kill him or Ghost Usher him away, due to fearing his super (even at Max health). It's made rare Support Items my focus after health if needed, to try and get more ghost usher.

Unfortunately, it also usually means that I just grab a Broly friend if I see him, since he makes it easy mode.

visceril
Feb 24, 2008
I'm trying out an all blue Vegeta, SSJ2 Gohan, Pikkon, Frieza, Roshi, and Kaioken team

I just got over 149k tournament points from that team and joining with God Gokus and the like.

Now I'm going to try STR SSJ2 Gohan, STR SSJ Goku, STR Golden Frieza, TEQ Frieza, and PHY Broly and see which is better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
2x DB pulls.... 2x SR Oolong

:sigh:

Also I apparently don't have Broly friends. :( I need to clean up my friends list. Jumping to the Korin tier right after my first win was really nice though!