Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Ramming is going to be a whole lot more risky in fast, lightweight tanks and I love it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

I'd like to join 2Pac, name is Michaellaneous.

Maimgara
May 2, 2007
Chlorine for the Gene-pool.

Michaellaneous posted:

I'd like to join 2Pac, name is Michaellaneous.
Ive sent you an invite, check the PGS thread if you feel like it.

subhelios
May 26, 2013

Unfortunately, there is no such game as 'World of Submarines.'

RandomPauI posted:

Do we get the credits and XP back from the simplification?

You do realize that that is a tiny amount right? It would basically just be a rounding error at this point.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

If the MS-1 loses its 45mm then I demand to be compensated in some way.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Here's a neat new stats site.

I am 15th in NA for damage per game in the AMX 40 and top 5 in both the D1 and D2. :wtc:

Desuwa
Jun 2, 2011

I'm telling my mommy. That pubbie doesn't do video games right!
http://www.dpgwhores.com/tanks/51729/?v=150

2nd best Pz IIJ by DPG on NA, only 14th by WR though.

A handful of others in top 50 by various metrics, #9 chi-nu kai by WR.

ShankyMcStabber
Mar 9, 2012

I spend way too much money on computer parts.
That site is missing some data.

It does not show me on the 100 or 150 battles top Winrate for the Object 261 even though I am sitting at 73.45% over 226 battles. It also claims I have only had 61 battles in my Object 261 instead of the before mentioned 226.

ShankyMcStabber fucked around with this message at 19:37 on Feb 12, 2016

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

Someone come platoon with me this weekend and yell at me while I play my MT-25 and try to improve.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

#21 in the ISU-152 :toot:

that thing is loving ridiculous, by the way.

and there's a whole lot of tanks i'd be listed on if it wasn't for the 150 game requirement. i'm done with most tanks well before then. like the T-34-1, i'd be #2 there. on the AT 7 i beat the #1 by ~120 DPG

Steelion
Aug 2, 2009
#36 in the Churchill 3, #49 in the IS-3.

If you go by win rate I'm #11 in the Crusader SP :v:

DonkeyHotay
Jun 6, 2005

Still #1 in the e-75 :Eastwood: suck it Camador

Turns out the reason I like the tiger p is that I'm #2 in w/r and #10 in dpg

Steelion
Aug 2, 2009
If I can manage to keep my dpg steady for ~12 more battles in the O-Ho I'll be #6 :psyduck: I knew I was good at it but I didn't think I was *that* good.

Chillyrabbit
Oct 24, 2012

The only sword wielding rabbit on the internet

Ultra Carp
Looks like I'm pretty awful, nothing in the top anything.

M.C. McMic
Nov 8, 2008

The Weight room
Is your friend

Chillyrabbit posted:

Looks like I'm pretty awful, nothing in the top anything.

You and me both, buddy.

:downs::hf::downs:

reL
May 20, 2007

M.C. McMic posted:

You and me both, buddy.

:downs::hf::downs:

Mediocrity-bros unite!

:downsgun:

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012
Booo, by win rate, I should be #1 in their list for the t92 at 81.75 over 263 games. Instead, I'm not listed. Probably because the account in general hasn't been active in tanks as of late.

Edit: hah, nevermind. Number 2 for w/r now. Still no ranking in dpg though. And that is literally the only thing I'm ranked in with all my tanks I've played.

JuffoWup fucked around with this message at 22:05 on Feb 12, 2016

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
What in hell's name was I smoking during my stint in the M5 Stuart my damage and winrate stats in it are so good compared to my normal mediocrity, and that was during the era of t4(-5) lights being abysmal to play as, and I had 120ish games in it. :staredog:

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug
History and a spergtastic comparison of the Strv S and Strv 103

Queue:
ELC
T-40
FV4202
FV4005

Available:

:911:
M22 Locust
Medium Tank T2

:france:
ARL 44
AMX M4
AMX 50

:ussr:
LTP
T-37 with ShKAS

:godwin:
Geschuetzpanzer MkVI (e)

:sweden:
Bandkanon 1
Otto Merker's tanks
Strv 74

:poland:
7TP
TK-3/TKS

TracerM17
Mar 1, 2012
Nap Ghost
The Mutz is my new go-to tank. High pen gun on a mobile tank with just enough armor to bounce a few shots. I don't want to play any other tank ever again.

LostCosmonaut
Feb 15, 2014

#22 for M7, #41 for 30.02D, #42 for II G, and #43 for T-70. Need to play four more games in the SARL 42 so I can get #1 in it (I'm probably the only person in the world that has a girl crew on that tank).

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

Encountered this when I was browsing the replays of the week on wotreplays.
It is basically dance of the retards with one player getting 12 kills through sheer luck and being top tier in an O-I.
http://wotreplays.com/site/2468220#lakeville-pistolspl-o-i

Moochewmoo
May 13, 2009
Hey I'm just getting started on PS4 but it's a little bit of information overload. Why pick one nation over another? How exactly does spotting work? What do the ear muffs mean on the stats page?

All these stats are hard to parse with no frame of reference.

stephenfry
Nov 3, 2009

I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.

Moochewmoo posted:

Hey I'm just getting started on PS4 but it's a little bit of information overload. Why pick one nation over another? How exactly does spotting work? What do the ear muffs mean on the stats page?

All these stats are hard to parse with no frame of reference.

pick russia because they are conceptually simple to play. scoot out of hard cover, hit something with your high alpha gun, scoot back and reload. aka peek and poke

spotting doesn't work. for now, just know that bushes only camouflage you if you are about 15 m behind them so they block all of your tank from the POV of any enemy. there's more on the official wiki, but that is the fact that most beginners suffer for lack of

the earmuffs are radio range, probably -- I don't have a ps4

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Cardiac posted:

Encountered this when I was browsing the replays of the week on wotreplays.
It is basically dance of the retards with one player getting 12 kills through sheer luck and being top tier in an O-I.
http://wotreplays.com/site/2468220#lakeville-pistolspl-o-i

To be fair, he did do everything right, angling, wiggling, relocating and all, not so sure about his choice of target occasionally, he seemed a little undecided at times.

He had absolutely no business winning that, though, the idiocy of the other team is palpable.

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

I can't imagine there being a greater fear in this game than an O-I realising you can easily pen him from the front in your Achilles. It's loving delicious.

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug
Big and dumb Soviet tanks: KV-4 and a little KV-5

Horse Clocks
Dec 14, 2004

Picked this up again after playing it to death on PC. Oh god I forgot how maddening other players can be.

ShankyMcStabber posted:

I created a PS4 Community for those of us dumb enough to play this game on a console. It is called Goon Tonks.

PM me, Respond here with your PSN name, or send a PSN message to ShankyMcStabber for an invite.
Are there many Europeans in Goon Tonks? Could you flick xlevusuk an invite if so?

LostCosmonaut
Feb 15, 2014

what the gently caress is Shashmurin's deal

Ferrett
Sep 6, 2000

ShankyMcStabber posted:

I created a PS4 Community for those of us dumb enough to play this game on a console. It is called Goon Tonks.

PM me, Respond here with your PSN name, or send a PSN message to ShankyMcStabber for an invite.

Ensign Expendable, because almost no one looks at the Console thread for this game is there any chance you can add this to the OP?

My PSN is Clownballoon and I would verily enjoy an invite. I just started and I feel like I'm terrible at this but its a lot of fun.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

R. Mute posted:

I got to the Achilles, skipped the bullshit stock grind and it's actually surprisingly okay so far. Gun depression is garbage tho.

I could deal with the depression, it's the loving turret traverse rate that gets me.

Hellsau posted:

Sweet, I'm glad you like the Achilles. Tier 6 is one of the best tiers with a lot of really fun tanks.

I have some bad news about the Challenger Achilles Mk II.

FTFY

Hellsau posted:

The Challenger doesn't stomp all over anything mate. The damage output just isn't there to avoid taking lots of damage if you get into a fight even with a tier 5, and if there's more than one enemy you're going to evaporate. Also the 9 and 10 aren't good so just stop while you can and use the crew somewhere more useful.

Counterpoint: The Challenger is good for CHAI-snipers. Reference: me :shobon:

RocketSurgeon
Mar 2, 2008
Since the retarded marathon is about to start I'm guessing tiers 8-10 will be completely unplayable, right? Anyway, with the sudden influx of people playing those tiers the chance to actually knock out the 450k damage gets pretty low if I only have like 3hours a day to play?

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

RocketSurgeon posted:

Since the retarded marathon is about to start I'm guessing tiers 8-10 will be completely unplayable, right? Anyway, with the sudden influx of people playing those tiers the chance to actually knock out the 450k damage gets pretty low if I only have like 3hours a day to play?

I'm sure it'll only take a fine player like myself 1000 games or so. That's only, what 72 games a day for two weeks. Five mins a game so 6 hours a day.:smith:

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

RocketSurgeon posted:

I'm really good and it'll take me about two hours a day playing my tier 8s and 9s to get the damage needed. If you play an above average tier 10 you can definitely get enough damage done in 3 hours a day.

Plus like any marathon if you don't care about burning yourself out on tanks, just get a six pack of Redd's Apple Ale and sit down on a sunday and just play for twelve hours or whatever.

Chillyrabbit
Oct 24, 2012

Ultra Carp

RocketSurgeon posted:

Little curious which marathon are you guys talking about? The mutz's are going on right now and I can't find an event page for what you guys are talking about.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Chillyrabbit posted:

Little curious which marathon are you guys talking about? The mutz's are going on right now and I can't find an event page for what you guys are talking about.

The FV4202 grindfest. People who own the Action X need to deal 450k damage in tier 8+ tanks over the next two weeks, so 38k damage a day.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

Hellsau posted:

The FV4202 grindfest. People who own the Action X need to deal 450k damage in tier 8+ tanks over the next two weeks, so 38k damage a day.

So glad I am going on vacation now.
A poo poo load of effort for a lovely tank, which happens to be free if your time is worthless.
But then again, I already got that lovely tank for free without the grind.

Chillyrabbit
Oct 24, 2012

Ultra Carp

Hellsau posted:

Ah that one, I never thought of it since I already had it.

M.C. McMic
Nov 8, 2008

The Weight room
Is your friend
The leFH18B2 is fun as hell. It's the first arty I've played in I don't even know how long... well over a year. Pumping out round after round into Japanese heavies is a good time. Also, I've played 4 games and shotgunned a T67, a Chaffee and an O-I.

Now I just need to figure out Battle Assistant. I thought I had it enabled, but apparently not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Yo dawgs, we're doing Rampage stuff at 3pm eastern, so in less than an hour. Details in PGS thread.

e: details on Discord and what we plan on doing.

Hellsau fucked around with this message at 20:13 on Feb 14, 2016