Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM
LIBERALS WILL BE RE-ELECTED IN A LANDSLIDE

Control Volume posted:

Isn't that the deputy prime minister of australia? seems like pretty common knowledge to me

Despite having our current PM as my avatar I forget who it is sometimes, the dpm doesn't have a chance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
From the Doing Stupid poo poo thread:

Nuclear Pogostick posted:

One time I left a chuck key (basically a big T-shaped thing that you tighten/loosen the chuck, often on a lathe) in the chuck without noticing (it was out of my field of view stuck in the other side of the chuck) and was promptly slammed in the face by a flying chuck key when I turned the lathe on. I got REALLY lucky, my entire face could have been very seriously hosed up but I got away mostly unscathed.

Devonaut posted:

If you think that's dangerous, just wait till you meet bride of chuck key.

:haw:

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
I feel "chuck" should be slang for female genitalia. Like "dick". Dick and chuck.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Two buck chuck?

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Chuck Buck?

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

BEHEAD THOSE WHO INSULT GENTOO
Chuck Porous

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

BEHEAD THOSE WHO INSULT GENTOO
obligatory Chuck Tingle

Hugoon Chavez
Nov 4, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Chuck e' Cheese

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Nope, Chuck Testa

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Ground chuck, if you're dating a double amputee.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Chucky's Bride?

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

Wilford Cutlery posted:

Nope, Chuck Testa

I've been looking for a new job. What qualifications are needed for a Chuck tester?

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

Skylark posted:

one of the major logistical issues i have to grapple with when i'm sharing my thoughts on children's cartoons is the risk of giving away plot points in episodes of the cartoons that other adults haven't seen yet. there are a few schools of thought on the subject, but my favorite approach is one where the story information is blocked out, so that adults can return to my writing after they finish watching every single episode of the children's cartoon, and for the small inconvenience of mousing over the text, read more of what i have to say about it than they saw before.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Skylark...funny? :vince:

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Skylark posted:

That guy is going to find out in Heaven that the most notable factoid about his life is that he was the first guy in history to write "Dexters Lab" intalics

Dex
May 26, 2006

Quintuple x!!!

Would not escrow again.

VERY MISLEADING!

Kavak posted:

is there a reason why people get really mad at skylark?

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

Dex posted:

they post things an earnest teenage girl would post in GBS and people get incredibly angry about it. it's pretty funny imo.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Kavak posted:

Even a broken Mayan calendar stone is right twice a 52 year cycle.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Dex posted:

fyads, while frequently funny, can also be really irritating if they start trolling a thread you kinda unironically liked

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Puppy Galaxy posted:

they post things an earnest teenage girl would post in GBS and people get incredibly angry about it. it's pretty funny imo.

Not being a bitter, frustrated 30-year-old computer janitor is the greatest crime in modern GBS

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

LORD OF BUTT posted:

fyads, while frequently funny, can also be really irritating if they start trolling a thread you kinda unironically liked

Marta Velasquez
Mar 9, 2013

Good thing I was feeling suicidal this morning...
Fallen Rib

du -hast posted:

obligatory Chuck Tingle

wrong hole. wrong gender.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Kavak posted:

:idiotsay:

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

Sham bam bamina! posted:

I was quoting the post with the Bloodninja reference.

Ok. Im sure it was great and funny!

Bobby Digital posted:

What, you're not excited for the upcoming Aliens/Matrix crossover, Xenomorpheus?

Wow I am now! That sound great!

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

CzarChasm posted:

I've been looking for a new job. What qualifications are needed for a Chuck tester?

Just a regular chuck tester, or Chuck Testa's Chuck Tester?

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Gotta clamp that poo poo on tight. Won't do to have it just fling off as the rpms go up.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Ozz81 posted:

Just a regular chuck tester, or Chuck Testa's Chuck Tester?

That takes 10 years of on the job experience or taking the really expensive Chuck Testa's Chuck Testing Certification Tools course (the CTCTCT) at an accredited college.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
Can someone post the thing about that Pet Island mod who banned Twisty? I think their name was chook tesla.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

chrisoya posted:

Can someone post the thing about that Pet Island mod who banned Twisty? I think their name was chook tesla.
boooo

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
Is the Golden Age of Getting AIDS Over?

CatelynIsAZombie posted:

aids had its "victory lap" back in the 80s when they decided what color was for it and gavw the ribbon, now noone even talks about my aids colored coat

apropos to nothing posted:

I think AIDS is experiencing whats known as the plateau effect where stuff that used to work really well stops working as good because its so widely used. the concept is defined in a book I havent read but based off what I assume it says I think its a case of AIDS needing to rebrand itself and to find new ways to reach out to new people and places and to be more effective in how its spread

Skylark posted:

i remember when i first got aids, i had stars in my eyes, i was the happiest kid in the neighborhood. What a fool I was - Aids turned out to be the dreamcast of illnesses, and i became disillusioned with the disease after the fifteen-year "honeymoon period". Maybe theres one good thing of AIDS - it taught me not to get too caught up in excitement of a new immunodeficiency disorder; fifty, sixty, seventy, eighty years down the line AIDS starts to feel a little too much like a bad tattoo.

Sham bam bamina! has a new favorite as of 23:11 on Feb 12, 2016

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Wedemeyer posted:

Ok. Im sure it was great and funny!

I always love it when people are like "what is this reference? idgi!!! oh ok thx for telling me, but im still not going to look it up because u see im above that"

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

chrisoya posted:

I think that mod was Chuck's Teste

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

Snapchat A Titty posted:

I always love it when people are like "what is this reference? idgi!!! oh ok thx for telling me, but im still not going to look it up because u see im above that"

Because I didn't want to start a derail about video games. Chill man.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Wedemeyer posted:

Because I didn't want to start a derail about video games. Chill man.

its not a video game derail at all, also pro tip: the way to not start a derail is to shut your drat yapper

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
From a thread titled What is Dark Jazz

Arbite posted:

It's the notes you do play.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
lol cined

SomeJazzyRat posted:

Edit: Wrong thread, mobile won't delete posts.

axleblaze posted:

...wait, you can delete posts???

GonSmithe posted:

There would be no Star Wars thread if I could delete posts.

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

Snapchat A Titty posted:

its not a video game derail at all, also pro tip: the way to not start a derail is to shut your drat yapper

Don't backseat mod buddy. No need for that.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Wedemeyer posted:

Don't backseat mod buddy. No need for that.

no you stop backseat modding

hehe just kidding bro we're all good pals here

Faux-Ass Nonsense
Feb 9, 2013

by Lowtax

Dex posted:

They are scared of being made fun of by somebody who's quite good at it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Syd Midnight
Sep 23, 2005

Dongicus posted:

peep this choice fedora m'goonsire bernie sanders I'm a MLP Brony fedora trilby weeaboo jort republican internet critic juggallo nazi trump supporter libertarian bitcoin racist homophobe athiest mra pua pozzer tumblr freak gamergater furry pedo ephebophile doodoo liker lets player memer 4channer redditor goon and i like the wrong politics of the xbox one gamergate gender equality wage gap tipping religion mcdonalds burger is wrong and the xbox sucks star citizen I AM A loving MORON I AM A loving MORON I AM A loving MORON I AM A loving MORON I AM A loving MORON peep this choice fedora m'goonsire bernie sanders

It is just the worst possible combination of words

edit: the thread was an abortion but it had its moments

Luxury Communism posted:

As a PUA enthusiast who regularly bangs feminists while whispering "I'm beginning to feel like a I AM A loving MORON god, I AM A loving MORON god" into the ears of their SJW ex boyfriends I can confirm MRA's are poo poo hth

Gaunab posted:

This new filter is great

Syd Midnight has a new favorite as of 14:40 on Feb 13, 2016