Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

symbolic posted:

...i'm one of those people

to be fair i'm still young and i have my license, but driving gives me such terrible anxiety that i feel like death whenever i'm forced to, and thus don't drive often

Face your fears, live your dreams. I live in a city where everyone just moved from China and India and it's terrifying to drive but you just do it and stop being a millennial pussy.

I mean, I got in a horrible four car accident here and I still drive over it every day. Just do it:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

You have a 0.0001% chance of dying in a car crash according to "statistics" so drive forth and be free

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

Lost footage from Wall-E

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

In two years he'll be too fat to even get on that thing without breaking it and catching himself on fire. He'll be too lazy to roll around to put himself out.

skeevy achievements
Feb 25, 2008

by merry exmarx

nomadologique posted:

you know how much some of these streamers make? they're like 20 and i doubt they care where their money is going to come from in 5 years when it's rolling in now

the companies making these games are the same way, and already know they have a limited time frame, so they're trying to make as much money as they can before it collapses

i know people who have spent literally thousands of dollars on league of legends, a free game; a non-free game, meanwhile, earns its company a single upfront amount per purchase and nothing after that unless they can merchandise

ya my bro in law works at twitch, check out some of these stats

dont get me wrong i know theres money to be made in games and streaming, but it's not as the "talent", at least not on a risk adjusted basis especially when you take into account 10 years of playing video games in your PJs at home would make you radioactive even to Walmart

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

I mean, PewdiePie bought some sort of tropical paradise house just with the ad revenue he gets off his lovely let's plays. There's definately at least some money to be made, it is just extremely inconsistent and not viable long-term

E. His house, only pic I could find on Google

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

DreamShipWrecked posted:

E. His house, only pic I could find on Google

Please don't doxx me

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams

symbolic posted:

...i'm one of those people

to be fair i'm still young and i have my license, but driving gives me such terrible anxiety that i feel like death whenever i'm forced to, and thus don't drive often

m-m-mom? What are you doing on here?

sex excellence
Feb 19, 2011

Satisfaction Guranteed

deadly_pudding posted:

Thisssss. My boomer bosses think I'm some kind of magical computer elf, which rules and is job security. I know plenty of people in my own generation who are like absolutely terrified of approaching technology outside of the marketed user scenario, though. I know a guy who does twitch streaming professionally, and depends on his mostly after-market PC to do his work. If his computer breaks down, though, he is like a lost child. He needs help with basic tasks like replacing the RAM cards or installing a new hard drive, and isn't really interested in learning how to do it himself. Tons of people my age use me as a tech support drone for issues that have me literally saying out loud, "Let me google that for you."

Anyway, the short version is that our generation has just as many people that are afraid of technology and have no intellectual curiosity as the previous one, it's just funnier because we are all glorious future people with smartphones and 24/7 social media.

can you change your car tire can you clean your carbs out? Have you ever even done it yourself?

If you're 'good wit computahs' but you can't even do basic maintenance on your car you're as garbage as everyone else seeya

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Skeleton King posted:

can you change your car tire can you clean your carbs out? Have you ever even done it yourself?

If you're 'good wit computahs' but you can't even do basic maintenance on your car you're as garbage as everyone else seeya

Yes and yes? Except for carbs, because EFI rules forever.

Please don't make excuses for useless millennial scum.

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

symbolic posted:

that seems like a very millennial thing to do though, going to the doctor because i'm very nervous when operating a motor vehicle

I am certain you are hosed in the head, and the doctor will uncover all that poo poo.

Its like going to see a dentist.

Just like your teeth and body, you need to get your mind checked out every once in a while too.

Scornful Sexbot
Sep 24, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Lol why would normal people still have carburetor in 2016???? Unless you are driving a muscle car from 30 years ago (and no millennial would) this is a very poor indictment of the millennial person.

Grandmother of Five
May 9, 2008

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money. I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.
me, looking through kitchen window of millennial couple: wow. nice dish washing machine failtards. one of the most messed up things with the younger generations is how they don't bother to learn the kind of basic, dull, menial tasks which you get paid next to nothing for. call triple A much? *looks at the happy couple playing with their kids instead of doing the dishes* looks like nobody cares about phrenology anymore either smdh

amusinginquiry
Nov 8, 2009

College Slice
this thread makes me hate all of you old fucks just as much as useless hipster millenials

skeevy achievements
Feb 25, 2008

by merry exmarx

Skeleton King posted:

brb vulcanizing my tires

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Grandmother of Five posted:

me, looking through kitchen window of millennial couple: wow. nice dish washing machine failtards. one of the most messed up things with the younger generations is how they don't bother to learn the kind of basic, dull, menial tasks which you get paid next to nothing for. call triple A much? *looks at the happy couple playing with their kids instead of doing the dishes* looks like nobody cares about phrenology anymore either smdh

I at least believe the part about you staring into people's windows.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

"I don't understand how this works, so I'm just going to keep looking at and talking to Robert Smigel directly."

Oh I'm sure she understood how it worked. She looked like the most infuriated person in the room and was restraining herself to ensure she'd still get on TEEVEE later. But only just barely.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

5er posted:

Oh I'm sure she understood how it worked. She looked like the most infuriated person in the room and was restraining herself to ensure she'd still get on TEEVEE later. But only just barely.

Her and the fat guy in the beanie who never talked were "legit" "triggered" according to Smeigel's interview on Stern the other day. The rest of the kids were just playing it up and having some fun with it

Bluemillion
Aug 18, 2008

I got your dispensers
right here

OhFunny posted:

Lost footage from Wall-E

Love this post.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Booblord Zagats posted:

Her and the fat guy in the beanie who never talked were "legit" "triggered" according to Smeigel's interview on Stern the other day. The rest of the kids were just playing it up and having some fun with it

Oh yeah, he looked pissed. It was great!

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

5er posted:

The look on her face at the trigger warning part is really something else.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Booblord Zagats posted:

Guy in the beanie would've been a goon in another time

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Reverse Centaur posted:

Face your fears, live your dreams. I live in a city where everyone just moved from China and India and it's terrifying to drive but you just do it and stop being a millennial pussy.

I mean, I got in a horrible four car accident here and I still drive over it every day. Just do it:

:stare:

no

jesus gently caress no

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

symbolic posted:

:stare:

no

jesus gently caress no

Stop being a baby.

plain blue jacket
Jan 13, 2014

IT DOESN'T STOP
IT NEVER STOPS

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

El Madrid, it's nice to see ya
It's really nice to be here
I love you all

Stale beer, fat fucks, smoked out, cowpokes
Sequined mountain ladies
I love you all

Put your arms around me,
Fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all
I love you all
I love you all
I love you all

Washrooms smell, they could be cleaner
Stench of cigarettes and stale urea
I love you all

Prodigal son waits to return
To where the dogs play pool
I love you all
I love you all
I love you all
I love you all

ghosTTy
Sep 22, 2008

http://www.vox.com/a/teens

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

This just in, teens are puss is

I'm not sure why they count sex before 13 years old as a sign of bad behavior though, it's not the 12 year old's fault someone had sex with him :smith:

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Don Tacorleone posted:

Guy in the beanie would've been a goon in another time

I feel like there's a good Ralp joke here but I'm just not seeing it

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

:unsmith:

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

You're afraid of driving, and that is hilarious

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

What a realdo

Irradiation
Sep 14, 2005

I understand your frustration.

Teens today sound like no fun.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

loving sexless pussies all of them

http://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2016/02/how-views-of-sex-have-changed-since-2005/462159/

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

We had to find something to do back when I was a teenager, we didn't have cell phones to stare at.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Irradiation posted:

Teens today sound like no fun.
most of them are boring fuckers who stare at their phones when they're with each other but a few people i've become friends with don't do that and it's always a fun time hanging out with them

ghosTTy
Sep 22, 2008

that's more to do with the type of people still using okcupid in 2015. now it's basically a blog with dating.

ghosTTy fucked around with this message at 20:31 on Feb 12, 2016

MrMoo
Sep 14, 2000

Don Tacorleone posted:

That white girl said Person of Color to a black man in front of her and she thought it sounded less racist

Her reaction (10:00) to Triumph calling her out on it is fantastic.

sex excellence
Feb 19, 2011

Satisfaction Guranteed

mobby_6kl posted:

Yes and yes? Except for carbs, because EFI rules forever.

Please don't make excuses for useless millennial scum.

was i fuckin talking to you?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leroy Dennui
Aug 9, 2014

Gina McCarthy made us gay,
but we would not have met
had Biden not dropped his cones
:gaysper::frogbon:

:hellyeah:

• Locked thread