Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Telex posted:

[snip] so there's a LOT of people cracking chance cubes.
Or there are just a truckload of chance cubes :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Catsworth
Sep 30, 2009

Who doesn't wanna be Johnny Cat?

Would be nice if they ever gave us more inventory space. If not player inventory, then at least a few more storage tabs.

Even with the 9999 stacking I was running out of space again. Guess I gotta finally stop being lazy and sell some of my poo poo.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Catsworth posted:

Would be nice if they ever gave us more inventory space. If not player inventory, then at least a few more storage tabs.

I'm a hoarder and with the stack changes I now have at least 2 empty tabs on every toon. It's fantastic.

Allatum
Feb 20, 2008

Pillbug
They really need to rework warzone bolster or at least explain it in a tutorial so people in PvE/raid level ge gear aren't just taking up a slot on a team.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009
Nonentity has graciously offered to donate a warbot and an unstable dual saber from the new packs for a prize giveaway.

Unless I come up with something different over the weekend, I'm leaning towards a straight lottery, with the entry cost being one flagship encryption. I'll hash out the details later, but maybe this will give people more of an incentive to hit their conquest goal this week.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Nipponophile posted:

Nonentity has graciously offered to donate a warbot and an unstable dual saber from the new packs for a prize giveaway.

Unless I come up with something different over the weekend, I'm leaning towards a straight lottery, with the entry cost being one flagship encryption. I'll hash out the details later, but maybe this will give people more of an incentive to hit their conquest goal this week.

He also donated a bunch of miscellaneous toys and mounts I put in Oedzi's stash we can use as secondary prizes.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009
Secondary prizes are bullshit. Win big or go home.

(Maybe we'll have some secondary prizes.)

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

I got a swamp rancor that I was hoping to make bank for, but by the time I got home last night to try to list it the market was swamped ( heh) and the prices down to the low 6 figures, so now I'm just riding around on a Rancor looking down on all the plebes instead of being rich.

Telex
Feb 11, 2003

I'm a solid secondary prize man, and I'll grind out conquest on at least my sorc on Sunday as well as my warrior which should have dinged it through crafting overnight.

Can you even craft for credit on multiple characters or does it only let you get credit for one War Supplies?

It's one hell of a PVP slog to do conquest with nothing but PVP.

Crindee
Nov 16, 2005

LOOK LIKE EMERIL

Telex posted:

I'm a solid secondary prize man, and I'll grind out conquest on at least my sorc on Sunday as well as my warrior which should have dinged it through crafting overnight.

Can you even craft for credit on multiple characters or does it only let you get credit for one War Supplies?

It's one hell of a PVP slog to do conquest with nothing but PVP.

I think there's still one event that lets you craft indefinitely, but all the others limit it to once per legacy, since people used to just afk-craft their way to the top.

Canopus250
Feb 18, 2005

You guys are taking me along this time? Right? Wait Shaundi is going? This is bullshit man!

So if my launcher is broken with that last patch are there any good ways to fix it? I'm just getting "has encountered an unspecified error. Please try this patch again". The offical help on the swtor forums is totally worthless.

Edit: Sweet, working so far. So annoying when all their advice is run as an admin or do a clean boot.

Canopus250 fucked around with this message at 21:56 on Feb 12, 2016

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

Canopus250 posted:

So if my launcher is broken with that last patch are there any good ways to fix it? I'm just getting "has encountered an unspecified error. Please try this patch again". The offical help on the swtor forums is totally worthless.

Deleting swtor.exe (in swtor/retailclient) fixed it for me.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

I hope I haven't done a horrible mistake but I was able to find an unstable dualsaber for 12 million. The next one was at 25.

Hopefully it doesn't crater too much over the weekend.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Hulk Smash! posted:

I hope I haven't done a horrible mistake but I was able to find an unstable dualsaber for 12 million. The next one was at 25.

Hopefully it doesn't crater too much over the weekend.

You're probably safe, I don't see them going much cheaper than that.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Oh, also, if any of you wants one of those classic vibroblades (the main hand one), keep an eye out for it on the GTN. When you do a search for it, it shows the offhand one as well. That one goes for around 75k so people sort by price and then list the mainhand one at ~75k. Thing is, if you really look, the mainhands are going for 500k+. So keep an eye out for the actual name and you might snag a cheap mainhand.

I've flipped 3 so far that way.

Telex
Feb 11, 2003

someone last night apparently flipped a 120k vibroblade for 1.2m so yeah.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

My game isn't broken in the least, but it IS still inexplicably using the old launcher instead of the new one. This has persisted now through several patches. It's more funny than anything, but what the gently caress...

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Nerd Of Prey posted:

My game isn't broken in the least, but it IS still inexplicably using the old launcher instead of the new one. This has persisted now through several patches. It's more funny than anything, but what the gently caress...

Patches usually don't affect the launcher. Whatever's going on with yours will likely stay that way until the launcher itself is patched. Same thing happened to me and it only fixed itself at the last update - about 1 1/2 month ago?

Yoda
Dec 11, 2003

A Jedi I am

I was having the issue where the launcher was saying "has encountered an unspecified error", but now it lets me hit play, I briefly see the loading screen and then it all goes away, no error/crash report just vanishes.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Yoda posted:

I was having the issue where the launcher was saying "has encountered an unspecified error", but now it lets me hit play, I briefly see the loading screen and then it all goes away, no error/crash report just vanishes.

If you didn't disable Bitraider go to your game directory (C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\Bioware\Star Wars-The Old Republic by default), go to the Bitraider directory and delete the three .XFR files.

Yoda
Dec 11, 2003

A Jedi I am

Medullah posted:

If you didn't disable Bitraider go to your game directory (C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\Bioware\Star Wars-The Old Republic by default), go to the Bitraider directory and delete the three .XFR files.

This did it, Thank You.

nonentity
Dec 19, 2005

If I were small & bird shaped, I could fly.

Nipponophile posted:

And remember folks, no wagering.

Unless you count gamblepacks.

In which case, wager away, I have kids to feed.

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

I have a swamp rancor I'm happy to donate to the raffle. They're still worth about 2m on the market but everyone loves a rancor and this is the type you run into in the swamps on Zakuul during KOTFE a few times so they're relevant. Just stick it in Oedzi's stash, right?

I've also got a spare luxury spa I'm waffling back and forth between donating for use in the guild ship or selling (currently going for 2.5m). Has anyone donated one yet and if not do we want goonspa :getin:

Also, while I'm waiting for the unstable sabers to come down to slightly less insane levels I figured I'd use the vibroswords to turn my street slicing sentinel into an actual street slicer. The result's pretty good and the vibroswords even somehow manage to not clip through lekku when sheathed so pretty great work there nonentity:

Now I need to stop being lazy and go do the 4 starforges I haven't done on story mode to get the Master Slicer (and Dicer) title, ugh.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009
Looking pretty Shadowrun there, chummer!

Crindee
Nov 16, 2005

LOOK LIKE EMERIL
God I'd loving kill for a well-done (or even like just okay) sandbox-style Shadowrun MMO with a ton of pretty princess options and runs to go on.

Moreau
Jul 26, 2009

Crindee posted:

God I'd loving kill for a well-done (or even like just okay) sandbox-style Shadowrun MMO with a ton of pretty princess options and runs to go on.

Let's not punish ourselves with dreams of things that will never be.

Macintosh HD
Mar 9, 2004

Oh no its today
I'm kind of ashamed to admit it, but the unstable arbiter saber is partly why I reinstalled this game.

nonentity
Dec 19, 2005

If I were small & bird shaped, I could fly.

Macintosh HD posted:

I'm kind of ashamed to admit it, but the unstable arbiter saber is partly why I reinstalled this game.

<3

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

I want revans gear pretty bad after seeing it. So either I have two options, find an alternative much cheaper outfit, or get rich. What's your advice goons?

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Bob NewSCART posted:

I want revans gear pretty bad after seeing it. So either I have two options, find an alternative much cheaper outfit, or get rich. What's your advice goons?

Make your own outfit from parts and dyes. Can be as cheap or expensive as you like.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

Coldforge posted:

Make your own outfit from parts and dyes. Can be as cheap or expensive as you like.

This is what I'm heavily leaning towards, except I can't find a mask that really appeals to me much that isn't stupidly expensive on the GCN. I'm going to have to keep looking, I'm looking for something Kylo Ren-esque as far as his helmet but all the resemblances as far as helmets that Google turned up ended up being absurdly priced on the GCN(less so though than revans at least)

Canemacar
Mar 8, 2008

Bob NewSCART posted:

I feel your pain. I got a Humble Hero set to cosplay with. Thing is, its default color is tan. When I looked up some black dye, the cheapest was like seven million. Thats more than the set itself was!

I did get lucky and snagged the eviscerating desert green crystal for like 30k though.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Canemacar posted:

I feel your pain. I got a Humble Hero set to cosplay with. Thing is, its default color is tan. When I looked up some black dye, the cheapest was like seven million. Thats more than the set itself was!

I did get lucky and snagged the eviscerating desert green crystal for like 30k though.

If you're on Jedi Covenant I can make you black/red, black/blue, black/grey and a few others that look pretty good. Black/black will always be insanely expensive because it's cartel market only

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.

Mercurius posted:

I've also got a spare luxury spa I'm waffling back and forth between donating for use in the guild ship or selling (currently going for 2.5m). Has anyone donated one yet and if not do we want goonspa :getin:

I have already donated one, but we don't have anywhere to put it until we can either unlock the hangar bay or clear out the big power conduit on Dromund Kaas.

Dark Juno
Mar 10, 2013

by zen death robot
Rule No.1 of MMO launches: The higher the expectations, the more negative the reception. Has there ever been a high profile MMO launch that hasn't disappointed the majority of players?

SWTOR is a slightly different case because while it was over-hyped before launch (WoW-killer, as always), EAware continue to con it's customers with false advertising.

SWTOR was marketed as an MMO, and people expected an MMO. Instead they got a online single player game with IRC.
EAware continue to release and hype up "expansions" which are nothing more than content patches and CM additions.

And it's not just EAware's fault. The SWTOR community expects the world from Bioware and chuck hissy-fits when those impossible expectations aren't delivered. Case in point are Space Missions. Bioware didn't have to put them into the game in the first place, yet people complained that they weren't what they expected for space combat (on an MMO engine no less). Rather they expected open space PvP combat. And when Bioware gave the community exactly that it still wasn't enough. Bioware caters to these people but the expectations are too high and they ultimately fail, leading to a collapse in interest in developing the game.

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS
The best part about space combat is that it hasn't received an update in forever. And that could probably be blamed at least partially on the playerbase.

I mean, it's straight up old Rogue Squadron style MP with a few extra bells and whistles. But that wasn't enough for some people. They wanted some sort of insane SWG JTL style space sim out of a single content update. So they just said the gently caress with it and focused the effort elsewhere instead of expanding on the content that was there over time.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.

Dark Juno posted:

Rule No.1 of MMO launches: The higher the expectations, the more negative the reception. Has there ever been a high profile MMO launch that hasn't disappointed the majority of players?

SWTOR is a slightly different case because while it was over-hyped before launch (WoW-killer, as always), EAware continue to con it's customers with false advertising.

SWTOR was marketed as an MMO, and people expected an MMO. Instead they got a online single player game with IRC.
EAware continue to release and hype up "expansions" which are nothing more than content patches and CM additions.

And it's not just EAware's fault. The SWTOR community expects the world from Bioware and chuck hissy-fits when those impossible expectations aren't delivered. Case in point are Space Missions. Bioware didn't have to put them into the game in the first place, yet people complained that they weren't what they expected for space combat (on an MMO engine no less). Rather they expected open space PvP combat. And when Bioware gave the community exactly that it still wasn't enough. Bioware caters to these people but the expectations are too high and they ultimately fail, leading to a collapse in interest in developing the game.

Source your quotes.

Also, I really enjoyed SWTOR when it launched, the problem was that I reached the end quickly and really had no desire to replay the planet quests again.

They've fixed that, so I'm all set!

Stan S. Stanman
Nov 18, 2009

Medullah posted:

SM pug ops are fine. I haven't been playing much, instead killing hookers and crack dealers in GTA 5. I know Pinkk runs ops all the time so you can probably hang with him.

I've been using stick of truth for my game time instead recently. That game is funny. No idea why I didn't try it sooner.

On a swtor note, I'm debating moving my imps to jc in a last ditch effort to revive my interest in the game before my sub ends. I really want to like the game still.

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobús!

Does anyone know an approximate price for the HK-51 dreadmaster skin?

http://tor-fashion.com/hk-51/

I got one in a grand chance cube and I want to sell it, but it's apparently super rare because I've never seen one on the GTN. I have no idea what to list it for.

Edit: Hopefully enough to get an unstable dualsaber, which failed to appear in 3 hyper rates. :( I felt like I had a better chance of winning in Vegas.

Hakarne fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Feb 13, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Hakarne posted:

Does anyone know an approximate price for the HK-51 dreadmaster skin?

http://tor-fashion.com/hk-51/

I got one in a grand chance cube and I want to sell it, but it's apparently super rare because I've never seen one on the GTN. I have no idea what to list it for.

You hit the jackpot there. You can name your price.

That wasn't originally found in packs; it's an item that you could buy from cartel market rep vendors, and the amount of money it took to grind that kind of rep put it way out of reach for most players. And now it's not even possible to get that rep anymore, so it's an impossible dream for anybody that didn't already do it. Stuff from the rep vendors like armor and weapons ended up in the bronze/silver/gold armor and weapon boxes, but I don't think there even was a gamble box for companion customization. I think the grand chance cube is the only way to get one without the rep requirement, which basically means it's is the only way to get one at all, and the odds are insanely low.

You have something that is almost impossible to get, and there's a fair amount of demand, or at least there used to be.

• Locked thread