Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Here's some vid of Slime Man's work as Chair of the Sub-committee for Commerce, Science, and Transportation committee which handles Nasa:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=peL7Qecg3qQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPQGCnuWcqc

Cruz is the most singularily obviously unpleasant high-tier politician the US has had since Joe McCarthy. He doesn't have a prayer in clinching the Republican nomination.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

If its a brokered convention couldn't they give it to Cruz on conditions? Like have our guys on the cabinet?

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Shageletic posted:

Here's some vid of Slime Man's work as Chair of the Sub-committee for Commerce, Science, and Transportation committee which handles Nasa:

Cruz is the most singularily obviously unpleasant high-tier politician the US has had since Joe McCarthy. He doesn't have a prayer in clinching the Republican nomination.

I liked how Cruz was incredibly unlikeable in the recent Triumph special.

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe

Boosted_C5 posted:

Look at those up votes. Top commentator. I've found my calling in life, youtube comments section SUPERSTAR.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRn_u61lo9E

I just wish avatars weren't so small. You can't make mine out very well.

I gave you an upvote before I even noticed it was you posting the comment

:patriot:

Xenophon
Jun 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer

Montasque posted:

I don't think the party cares about REAL CONSERVATIVE, that's the base.

Also i love the fact that no one can agree on what REAL CONSERVATISM even is. It's like that phrase is some blank slate where people just project whatever they want into it and then get really mad when you don't live up to their expectations.

I don't think the party cares about REAL CONSERVATISM or what it really means to be a REAL CONSERVATIVE, but I do think they care about their ability to use that rhetoric in order to drive voter turnout. I think a failed Trump bid for the presidency would be less damaging to that rhetoric than a Cruz one.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

So when is Dubya gonna hit the stump? I want to see that so bad.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

TheTatteredKing posted:

If its a brokered convention couldn't they give it to Cruz on conditions? Like have our guys on the cabinet?

Who would be the "they" in this scenario?

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"
Still not buying a guy as ugly as Ted Cruz being a nominee in an age of mass media.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

William Bear posted:

Still not buying a guy as ugly as Ted Cruz being a nominee in an age of mass media.

Just wait till you see what he looks like when he's not shapeshifted

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Joementum posted:

I don't know. Whoever can give Cruz the delegates to win? I'm not sure how the whole thing works, and like if Prince Rebius has any input. I don't expect Trump to play ball well during a brokered convention. He wants it all.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Shageletic posted:

I wish NASA would strap him to the cone of a rocket and launch him into orbit.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
Ted Cruz, First Man on the Surface of Mars. Next mission: getting someone to Mars in one piece

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

Joementum posted:

And if Trump really does have a 10+ point lead in SC, he'll win every district. The bigger question in SC is how badly does Jeb! need to get creamed for him to drop out?

Do you really think he'd give up before March 1st? Or, at least, do you think he'd admit that he's given up before then?

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

TheTatteredKing posted:

I don't know. Whoever can give Cruz the delegates to win? I'm not sure how the whole thing works, and like if Prince Rebius has any input. I don't expect Trump to play ball well during a brokered convention. He wants it all.

The delegates at the convention are a mix of hardcore supporters of their candidate, local party officials with loose or no affiliation, politicians, fundraisers, etc. In sort states the candidates submit lists of delegates who get to go to the convention if they win, in others it's the people who show up for the state-level caucuses, and everything in between. The point being: after the first ballot* in a deadlocked convention you have to somehow corral a majority of ~2,500 people with no real leadership. Backroom deals in that environment are going to be difficult.

* And I was reviewing the rules of Florida this afternoon and noticed the state party makes their delegates bound until after the third ballot, so there's wackiness like that too.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

etalian posted:

I liked how Cruz was incredibly unlikeable in the recent Triumph special.

It's a profound gift. He's the anti-Clinton. The anti-charmer. He leaves a noxious waft of smarm and ill-intent wherever he slithers.

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord

cheesetriangles posted:

He'll be in SC beginning on Monday.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

PleasingFungus posted:

Do you really think he'd give up before March 1st? Or, at least, do you think he'd admit that he's given up before then?

Well, winnowed or effectively winnowed. If Jeb! wants to stick around and humiliate himself while he collects < 5% in contests on Super Tuesday and beyond it doesn't matter, provided his donors and endorsers all bolt for Marco.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

Montasque posted:

I don't think the party cares about REAL CONSERVATIVE, that's the base.

Also i love the fact that no one can agree on what REAL CONSERVATISM even is. It's like that phrase is some blank slate where people just project whatever they want into it and then get really mad when you don't live up to their expectations.

To me conservatism means to conserve. And by that I mean conserve money we are letting China steal from us.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012

QuoProQuid posted:

What reason does Kasich have to drop out before Ohio? He's popular in the state and probably the only candidate that has a chance of beating Trump there. Unless polling shows him substantially down in his home state, it seems smarter for him to stay in the race. It builds his reputation and let's him claim at least one more victory.

Is it just a money issue?

He had negative two million dollars* as of last month. It's possible that post-NH fundraising will be able to pull him out of that hole - Kasich is certainly incentivized to say so! - but I would say that money issues are gonna be a big problem for his campaign, yes.

*Technically it's his PACs that are in debt, not his campaign, but that's still not a very good sign.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

cheesetriangles posted:

Monday.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Joementum posted:

Well, winnowed or effectively winnowed. If Jeb! wants to stick around and humiliate himself while he collects < 5% in contests on Super Tuesday and beyond it doesn't matter, provided his donors and endorsers all bolt for Marco.

The entire reason Jeb! is still in it is to prolong Marco getting his support and praying for more moments like last debate.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012

Joementum posted:

So you're expecting donors will keep shifting over to Rubio, even after the NH disaster?

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe
Thanks for fighting the good fight and picking up on my analogy of illegal immigrantas as Scabs, Boosted, it really does fit them perfectly.

This is why the corporations love illegals the way they love scabs, an ally against the American working man.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Joementum posted:

The Reptiloid Conspiracy, duh. And here I thought you were up on your Alex Jones, Joe. :tinfoil:

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Joementum posted:

Backroom deals in that environment are going to be difficult.

Oh interesting, I had gained the opposite impression. That does paint the picture of how someone else entirely wins. With all the bruised egos I could see a majority being hard.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

The Saurus posted:

Thanks for fighting the good fight and picking up on my analogy of illegal immigrantas as Scabs, Boosted, it really does fit them perfectly.

This is why the corporations love illegals the way they love scabs, an ally against the American working man.

That's why we should vote in a rich corporate baron that uses cheap labor? The company is the source of the problem in your analogy. Laser focusing on the scabs is stupid.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Quote of the day, “I was commander-in-chief of the National Guard. I visited Iraq and Afghanistan. The National Guard in Florida took the responsibility of running Abu Ghraib prison. I walked that prison. I saw the heroic effort of the citizen soldiers taking care of their job with great distinction. I supported our Guard in every possible way.” ~ Jeb!

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

PleasingFungus posted:

So you're expecting donors will keep shifting over to Rubio, even after the NH disaster?

If he does well in SC and NV, yes.

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

Buglord
Jeb attempts to infiltrate the vicious NASDAQ gang; is spotted.

Mystery Goomba
Jun 4, 2011
It's Rubio's turn to be the Comeback Kid.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

Joementum posted:

Quote of the day, “I was commander-in-chief of the National Guard. I visited Iraq and Afghanistan. The National Guard in Florida took the responsibility of running Abu Ghraib prison. I walked that prison. I saw the heroic effort of the citizen soldiers taking care of their job with great distinction. I supported our Guard in every possible way.” ~ Jeb!

Thank you, I don't feel sorry for Jeb! anymore.

sexy fucking muskrat
Aug 22, 2010

by exmarx

Joementum posted:

Yeah, uh, Jeb!? About Abu Ghraib...

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Joementum posted:

How? How does someone become this bad at campaigning? It can't be drugs, he's not that interesting.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
Floridians ran the prison? Now everything makes sense.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Joementum posted:

Jeb! you sure you don't want to take another stab at that and just say you didn't know your mic was on?

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

Buglord

Joementum posted:

I... I...h-how out of touch can one person be?!

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

He doesn't actually want to be president and is just running because the party elite wants him to. He is trying to throw this thing. There is no other explanation.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Logikv9 posted:

Floridians ran the prison? Now everything makes sense.

Lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xenophon
Jun 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer

Joementum posted:

oh my god

• Locked thread