Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer
Of course! Zoom is Earth-2 Michael Rosenbaum.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Whizbang posted:

Like we wouldn't freak out if that happened.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

eviljimmy posted:

Did anyone else see the monorails and think of the ones in Batman Begins?

Maybe the Bale Batman is on Earth 2...

First I thought of was the incredibles

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Whizbang posted:

Earth-2 Eiling

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Bruceski posted:

Earth-2 Eiling

Oh god yes.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Zoom is Earth-2 Tony Todd.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Zoom is Earth 2 Michael Ian Black, driven insane by not being able to talk about snacks.

MooselanderII
Feb 18, 2004

Soothing Vapors posted:

I know it's been recommended here a hundred times but I finally started listening: Mike and Tom Eat Snacks is incredible, for any other Cavanagh superfans out there

I can't emphasize this enough. Their podcast is amazing and their 100th episode could appear any day now.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Charles Gnarwin posted:

Barry really does not get how parallel universes work. They are not your family, you dumb poo poo.
This whole season is this scene except every character but Harry is the Cat. It's just super annoying how much they don't get the concept of parallel universes.

howe_sam posted:

This is a pretty big moment Barry is stealing from other Barry.
Yeah, what is he even doing? He came to get some information from the police but then he just kind of stole other Barry's identity for no reason?

Bad Moon posted:

I kind of wished Harry had said "Welcome to Earth 1 :smug:"
I had the exact same thought, it would have been great.

VDay posted:

Pretty good episode, although the "Barry excitedly says exactly what he's looking at" when he switched with himself went on for like 3-4 jokes too long.
Any at all was too much. They knew exactly where they were going and what was going on, these things should not come as a surprise!

Jack of Hearts posted:

Barry continues to be the worst. Stop shmooching Other Barry's Iris and get to work doing the thing you said you were going to do, you creepy weirdo.
Yeah, that was really unpleasant to watch. If he weren't the protagonist, we'd be expected to find this sort of behaviour creepy and gross and immoral, but it's Barry so it's OK?

Oracle posted:

Harry's frustration with both of them was understandable.
Harry shows remarkable patience and restraint, really.

Brother Entropy posted:

also was anyone else raising an eyebrow at the guy from earth 2 constantly trying to remind the two guys from earth 1 that all the people from earth 2 shouldn't be considered 'real' to them? c'mon dude, if they follow that to the logical conclusion they'd stop giving a poo poo about saving your earth 2 daughter
He wasn't saying they're not real, he was saying "they're not your family, they're aliens who happen to look like people you know, stop conflating everyone with their double, we're not the same people FFS!" and it's something he's been trying to get these idiots to understand from day one. "I'm not the Harrison Wells you knew. Earth-2 people are not Earth-1 people. We look and sound the same as our doubles, but we are different people."

Mortanis posted:

I'm having a hard time caring about who Zoom is. Either it's a doppelganger of a person we know and then becomes a weaker version of the S1 Wells reveal, or it's absolutely meaningless anyway. There's no real options I care about that are going to make me say "unmasking this unknown speedster battling Barry was done way better this season than last season!" So, I just don't care any more.
That's why I think he's going to be something alien rather than a human. Probably some kind of speed force thing, or maybe something from some distant parallel universe.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

He sort of had to roll with it though when he ran into Iris at the police station and found out that she was his doppleganger's wife, which he didn't expect.

At that point, what could he have done? Not much, without ruining either his cover or his doppleganger's marriage.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

enraged_camel posted:

He sort of had to roll with it though when he ran into Iris at the police station and found out that she was his doppleganger's wife, which he didn't expect.

At that point, what could he have done? Not much, without ruining either his cover or his doppleganger's marriage.

Use his superspeed when he had 3 seconds, to do the research he needed.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

On the bright side, I'm hoping that when Gideon showed future Barry and Iris married last season, she was actually confused and was showing Earth-2, and Earth-1 Barry won't actually end up with Iris. :pray:

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Zoom is Earth 2 Ezra Miller

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

enraged_camel posted:

When she asks if he's ready to go, just say "Sorry, I just have to check a couple of things in my lab, I'll be back in a minute." and then go find the information he came for.

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Mooseontheloose posted:

To be fair, the writers aren't playing it like a mystery. No one cares who Zoom is just that he needs to be stopped.

True

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Showdown in the Galaxy Era.

I don't care about Zoom. I'm more worried about the next villain, Reverse Zoom.

Mooz.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Xealot posted:

I don't care about Zoom. I'm more worried about the next villain, Reverse Zoom.

Mooz.

He's like a cow's opinion: he won't matter.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Bad Moon posted:

Zoom is Earth 2 Michael Ian Black, driven insane by not being able to talk about snacks.

In Earth 2, they're not about Respect for Women, so nobody listened to their podcast, even if they still rated snacks for their nonexistent viewers*.

*Yeah, they're not viewers, but they've tabled that.

Senerio fucked around with this message at 16:18 on Feb 12, 2016

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

enraged_camel posted:

They should have him take off his mask and reveal himself some random dude, and have Cisco go, "I have no idea who this is."

<Barry finally has Zoom on the ropes>

FLASH: Take off your mask, Zoom! Let's see who you really are!

ZOOM: Very well.

<Zoom slowly reaches off and removes his mask, to reveal that he is JOHN LOCKE>

JOHN LOCKE: WE'RE STILL ON THE ISLAND, JACK!

<Barry wakes up, realising he was DR JACK SHEPHERD all along>

wedgie deliverer
Oct 2, 2010

So no one is going for the Hunter Zoloman+time travel shenanigans for Zoom? I'll take that for a dollar.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

hi liter posted:

So no one is going for the Hunter Zoloman+time travel shenanigans for Zoom? I'll take that for a dollar.

Which Zolomon though? We've seen E-1 Zolo, but as far as we know, we haven't seen E-2 Zolo. (Killed the real Jay Garrick and took his place?)

I mean, if you're putting money on it, you gotta be more specific.

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Do you like superheroes? Check out my CYOA Mutants: Uprising

How about weird historical fiction? Try Vampires of the Caribbean

Zoom is Earth 2 Eobard Thawne, obviously.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Zoom is Earth-3 Barry

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Zoom is E-1 Barry's Mom.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
On earth 2 some different kid was adopted by the Zolomons and named Hunter.

Jay's Season One archnemesis before Zoom was the Reserved Flash, who we haven't seen because he's booked solid through 2020.

greatn fucked around with this message at 17:40 on Feb 12, 2016

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

MacheteZombie posted:

Which Zolomon though? We've seen E-1 Zolo, but as far as we know, we haven't seen E-2 Zolo. (Killed the real Jay Garrick and took his place?)

I mean, if you're putting money on it, you gotta be more specific.

There's no Earth-2 Zolomon. Earth-1 Zolomon is Earth-1 Jay who went through a name change. So it's basically a fake name.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

enraged_camel posted:

There's no Earth-2 Zolomon.

That we know of, yet. Maybe E2 Zolomon parents were able to conceive and didn't have to adopt, or maybe they adopted some other kid.

Basically, Zoom could be anybody right now.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Holy crap, the next episode after they return from E2 is called King Shark. I'm pretty pumped about that!

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

Mortanis posted:

Zoom is Barry. E1 Barry caught in a pre-destination paradox. He encounters Zoom who forces him to become faster, then at a later date travels back in time to force himself to become faster, having known Young Barry will eventually beat "Zoom". Hunter Zolomon is just a red herring.

I'm having a hard time caring about who Zoom is. Either it's a doppelganger of a person we know and then becomes a weaker version of the S1 Wells reveal, or it's absolutely meaningless anyway. There's no real options I care about that are going to make me say "unmasking this unknown speedster battling Barry was done way better this season than last season!" So, I just don't care any more.

Which does mean when you take away the mystery of who Zoom is you're left with a pretty neutered villain, aside from the one badass moment of him stealing Barry's lightning and snapping his back. Hoping next episode we get some solid Zoom time.

Zoom is Jay Garrick's lost speed. In a Darth Vader-like reveal, when Jay lost his speed after taking Velocity 6 he literally lost it and it became its own entity. Zoom is obsessed with gathering more speed because unlike Barry, Zoom is literally nothing without it.

From a certain point of view, Zoom took Garrick's speed. :zoomed:

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

I don't care at all who Zoom is. I hope he's no one. I hope Zoom is just killed and we never find out. Knowing who he is adds nothing.

That said, it's totally Flash Dad.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
HI

What happened to the shark dude? Last thing i saw was a slight slapfight with Flash in front of his GF and then nothing, have i missed a episode?

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Dongattack posted:

HI

What happened to the shark dude? Last thing i saw was a slight slapfight with Flash in front of his GF and then nothing, have i missed a episode?

They took him to jail off screen

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

No Butt Stuff posted:

I don't care at all who Zoom is. I hope he's no one. I hope Zoom is just killed and we never find out. Knowing who he is adds nothing.

That said, it's totally Flash Dad.

Zoom being Flashdad-2 from the 90's show would have been rad.

Might still be possible, E2 Flashdad hasn't been seen yet right?

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747

Guy A. Person posted:

They took him to jail off screen

wtf

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

No Butt Stuff posted:

They take off the mask and Zoom literally falls apart into a pile of clothing.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

WarLocke posted:

Zoom being Flashdad-2 from the 90's show would have been rad.

Might still be possible, E2 Flashdad hasn't been seen yet right?

Correct, we've just heard from Barry's mom.

Though if they do that reveal I think it won't be before we see Barry's parents in the flesh.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Yeah, he showed up at the end of one episode, choked out Barry for a bit, then Wells-2 shot him in the back with his blaster rifle.

Next episode picked up, King Shark was nowhere to be seen.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747

WarLocke posted:

Yeah, he showed up at the end of one episode, choked out Barry for a bit, then Wells-2 shot him in the back with his blaster rifle.

What a waste, it was a giant loving shark

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009

Guy A. Person posted:

Holy crap, the next episode after they return from E2 is called King Shark. I'm pretty pumped about that!
^ read this and hope for more shark fun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

WarLocke posted:

I think there was quick mention he escaped too in a later episode.

• Locked thread