Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

prefect posted:

I love the idea that the FBI has a team dedicated to "art crime".

They're mostly for people who haven't taken their Prozium.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

E-Tank
Aug 4, 2011
Well that didn't take long.

Crossposting from Freep thread: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3599372&pagenumber=824#post456197677

quote:

To: bigbob

Agreed. Makes me want to find out more about David.

How long had he been there?

Where did he come from?

Why did he insist on being last?

Could he have been a gov’mnt informant? I do not know...but he ended up going on and on about all sorts of things, none of which had anything to do with why the Bundys were there.

Just makes one wonder.

164 posted on 02/11/2016 12:28:40 PM PST by Jeff Head (Semper Fidelis - Molon Labe - Sic Semper Tyrannis)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 111 | View Replies]

quote:

To: Charlie Browns Gun
The guy is a mentally ill kook. But his will be one of the images used to discredit the broader movement.

Is he a mentally ill kook, or is he a good amateur actor?

He has produced the desired effect. Now, tracking him through the Jesters System will be the interesting part.

"News" is a funny thing. America has the attention span of a gnat with ADHD. That trait gets used A LOT.
167 posted on 02/11/2016 12:57:05 PM PST by kiryandil ("Our Muslim-In-Chief, Barack Obama - the Quislaming in the White House")
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 158 | View Replies]

quote:

To: Faith65

He’s either doped out and mentally ill or a fed plant.

Given that he insisted on going last and that he hit every single conspiracy theory that you could think of before giving up...my gut says he’s the latter.

177 posted on 02/11/2016 9:14:49 PM PST by Jeff Head (Semper Fidelis - Molon Labe - Sic Semper Tyrannis)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 171 | View Replies]

From Jeff Head a short while ago:

quote:

To: PAR35

No...he ABSOLUTELY does not want to pay for things like abortion.

It is a very important and valid point.

And this man is saying he is going to make his stand.

28 posted on 02/11/2016 10:06:07 AM PST by Jeff Head (Semper Fidelis - Molon Labe - Sic Semper Tyrannis)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 26 | View Replies]

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

This is old, but please, don't cite rt, ever, for anything, other than "this is what rt wants us to believe".

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

prefect posted:

I love the idea that the FBI has a team dedicated to "art crime".

Since there were historical artifacts at the refuge that kylo ren and the bundy bunch are on film loving with I'm assuming that their job will be cataloging and assessing the damages that occurred to them and then recommend the appropriate charges, and those can rack up really loving fast.

Bates
Jun 15, 2006
So how is lady justice going to handle this? Do we know where and when they will go on trial and are these things generally public?

snorch
Jul 27, 2009

Anosmoman posted:

So how is lady justice going to handle this? Do we know where and when they will go on trial and are these things generally public?

Instant sentence to pound-me-in-the-rear end prison.

Bates
Jun 15, 2006

snorch posted:

Instant sentence to pound-me-in-the-rear end prison.

But will it be public?

E-Tank
Aug 4, 2011

Anosmoman posted:

But will it be public?

Probably. If they're going for RICO they're going to want everyone to see how the sovcit 'magic words' are all false. I'm also hoping that they actually bring in legal experts who just completely rip apart all their arguments.

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013
Trials are public dude

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013
Few if any will go to trial though.

E-Tank
Aug 4, 2011

Jagchosis posted:

Few if any will go to trial though.

What makes you say that?

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
I imagine the majority of them will plead out.

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013

E-Tank posted:

What makes you say that?

3% of federal cases ever reach trial and these people all filmed themselves committing the crimes of which they are accused. If they go to trial they are very very likely to be convicted and if convicted at trial they will get much harsher sentences than if they take a plea deal.

Kilo147
Apr 14, 2007

You remind me of the boss
What boss?
The boss with the power
What power?
The power of voodoo
Who-doo?
You do.
Do what?
Remind me of the Boss.

Apparently the buildings are booby trapped at best, rigged to blow at worst. Can we just bring these terrorists to a field and execute them yet?

http://www.rawstory.com/2016/02/mil...tm_content=link

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
Any attorney that doesn't tell their client to take a plea should probably be disbarred given that literally everything is on video

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Kilo147 posted:

Apparently the buildings are booby trapped at best, rigged to blow at worst. Can we just bring these terrorists to a field and execute them yet?

http://www.rawstory.com/2016/02/mil...tm_content=link

i do not believe them

if they're talking about the final 4 they had "booby traps" and they were really, really sad

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
There's a good chance at least some of these people might be delusional enough to take it all to court, if only for the publicity. (Or they think that sov cit mumbo jumbo will save them)

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

go3 posted:

Any attorney that doesn't tell their client to take a plea should probably be disbarred given that literally everything is on video

This will work for the low level operators and maybe some of the mid-level lieutenants, but my money is on the Feds wanting to make an example of the leaders of this occupation and especially the members from the Bundy clan. The small fries are just as dead to rights as the big guys, but they may get deals just to get them out of the way for the big trials.

And I fully expect a big part of the District Attorney's case is going to hinge on them completely demolishing the Sovereign Citizen movement and discrediting every bullshit talking point they've spewed in the last couple of decades. Cliven Bundy is the medium by which the SovCit movement gets put on trial in a public venue.

theflyingorc posted:

i do not believe them

if they're talking about the final 4 they had "booby traps" and they were really, really sad

IIRC part of the criminal complaint against Ammon involves him bringing explosives to the refuge. It wouldn't surprise me if on the day they were plowing a road with the BLM equipment that they planted mines out in the desert brush to try and prevent the feds from surrounding them.

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

I, for one, look forward to KrisAnne Hall defending Cliven Bundy in court.

Beowulfs_Ghost
Nov 6, 2009

theflyingorc posted:

i do not believe them

"Booby Traps" were garbage left around the camp so that and the cops would make noise if they approached them.

More than likely just stuff to add to the littering charges than anything resembling a home made claymore.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

As a Millennial I posted:

I, for one, look forward to KrisAnne Hall defending Cliven Bundy in court.

She can't.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

DeathSandwich posted:

This will work for the low level operators and maybe some of the mid-level lieutenants, but my money is on the Feds wanting to make an example of the leaders of this occupation and especially the members from the Bundy clan. The small fries are just as dead to rights as the big guys, but they may get deals just to get them out of the way for the big trials.

And I fully expect a big part of the District Attorney's case is going to hinge on them completely demolishing the Sovereign Citizen movement and discrediting every bullshit talking point they've spewed in the last couple of decades. Cliven Bundy is the medium by which the SovCit movement gets put on trial in a public venue.

IIRC part of the criminal complaint against Ammon involves him bringing explosives to the refuge. It wouldn't surprise me if on the day they were plowing a road with the BLM equipment that they planted mines out in the desert brush to try and prevent the feds from surrounding them.

Oh yeah people like the Bundy's definitely are not getting plea offers. They are going to loving burn

jerry seinfel
Jun 25, 2007

Where in the Constitution does it say that a :::Woman:;:of:;:the:family::: named KrisAnne can't legally Defend a :::Man:;:Of:;:the:Family::: named Cliven??

On the real though, holy gently caress I hate KrisAnne so much. But at least she acknowledges that FBI Mark is god-emperor, since she's thanking god that Fry was ok.

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.
What I don't get it is, why would you admit to booby traps but then not divulge any other info?

If they found them/set them off without you saying anything, you might be able to claim ignorance (GL with that!), but saying "yeah, there's some traps, happy hunting!" is just inviting further charges on your rear end.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Well I think that they're just talking poo poo because they want to hinder the investigation.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
One of the people who was there has past arrests for planting homemade IEDs on federal property or something (someone posted about it a while back in the thread, anyone know who I'm referring to?), so, I think that taking the time to investigate and make sure no one's going to get blown up or something is worth it.

E-Tank
Aug 4, 2011

Jagchosis posted:

3% of federal cases ever reach trial and these people all filmed themselves committing the crimes of which they are accused. If they go to trial they are very very likely to be convicted and if convicted at trial they will get much harsher sentences than if they take a plea deal.

That assumes the DA offers a plea deal. This is the biggest open and shut case in history. They recorded themselves doing all this, and the FBI has recorded it all. Once it gets onto the internet, it's there forever and nothing you do will make it go away.

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013

E-Tank posted:

That assumes the DA offers a plea deal. This is the biggest open and shut case in history. They recorded themselves doing all this, and the FBI has recorded it all. Once it gets onto the internet, it's there forever and nothing you do will make it go away.

There wouldn't be a DA in this case because it's federal, but AUSAs, being humans with large caseloads, like to dispense of things quickly and easily. They aren't elected officials like county district attorneys so they have less to prove with a big show trial if it's unnecessary and there's been plenty of higher profile cases than these chucklefucks where federal prosecutors have offered and sealed a plea deal

Also trials are risky (because juries are stupid) and federal prosecutors are famously risk adverse.

Unbootable
Jul 3, 2003
Can someone point me to the story where it came out that lavoy was planning on betraying fry and also the instance where the bundy boys kicked him out of their caravan? I'm arguing with some sovcit fools online and I'd love to give em a knowledge smackdown.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
I really don't want to watch Fox and Friends explain why Bundy's bunch aren't terrorists after we have to sweep the area for loving IED's.

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Unbootable posted:

Can someone point me to the story where it came out that lavoy was planning on betraying fry and also the instance where the bundy boys kicked him out of their caravan? I'm arguing with some sovcit fools online and I'd love to give em a knowledge smackdown.

From what I heard Lavoy was Fry's sole defender. Everyone hated the guy and Lavoy went to bat for him with Ammon.

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

No Butt Stuff posted:

Well, from my conservative (insane) acquaintances, I'm learning that it's unfair that Cliven Bundy was arrested for owing under a million dollars to the government, but Al Sharpton is allowed to walk free despite owing $4.5M.

Yes, Bundy was arrested over the money, that's definitely the issue.
Al Sharpton, who claims to not owe anywhere close to that amount, is, according to him and the IRS, making payments on the money that is owed.

So does anyone think that the black occupiers are going to get harsher sentences than the white ones?

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

Jagchosis posted:

On the other hand, these geniuses thought that dragging everything outside and pretending to camp would be enough to get the FBI to let them leave with no charges, so...

stubblyhead
Sep 13, 2007

That is treason, Johnny!

Fun Shoe

Roland Jones posted:

One of the people who was there has past arrests for planting homemade IEDs on federal property or something (someone posted about it a while back in the thread, anyone know who I'm referring to?), so, I think that taking the time to investigate and make sure no one's going to get blown up or something is worth it.

I don't remember the guy's name, but I believe it was the guy who was arrested a few weeks ago for driving the government owned truck into town.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
Has the topic of Preppers come up in this thread? I only bring it up because the talk of traps reminds me of a bit I caught of that crazy prepper show on Nat Geo. A crazy guy somewhere has block of wood blocks with nails in his yard and he has kids.(home schooled of course.)

Svanja
Sep 19, 2009

Internet Webguy posted:

On the other hand, these geniuses thought that dragging everything outside and pretending to camp would be enough to get the FBI to let them leave with no charges, so...

I found that hysterical. And while they were setting up camp, Sean is screaming in Fry's video really nasty things, discussing possible defenses, etc, ect.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Is there a fund for restoring Malheur? I got plenty of entertainment out of this, and I feel like I should do something to help undo the damage these dipshits caused.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Roland Jones posted:

It was Kenneth Medenback who was the guy arrested way back in January when he drove one of the stolen cars out into town to go to the supermarket. He had set up explosives twice before when he had occupied two previous plots of government land, with ammonium sulphate and a home made grenade.

When he was taken to court for those instances he went full Sov Cit and claimed that the Government had no constitutional right to hold land, and when that went poorly for him he tried to file a civil suit to stop Federal judges from swearing an oath to the constitution because they weren't part of the constitution. This again did not go well for him.

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science
If the government has the constitutional right to hold land why didn't they do the smart thing and booby trap it all with mines and explosives?

Makes you think...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

TapTheForwardAssist posted:

Huh, I'd only seen the back angle photo, and had just assumed he was "sniping" with $3k of high-speed gear. But from this angle, looks like he has a Saiga with iron sights and some Tapco railz?

For non-gun/mil people, this is like having the "street racer" on your crew tooling around in a stock Honda Accord with an aftermarket spoiler and $50 hubcap covers to imitate rims.

I appreciate the clarification, though I'm pretty sure we're all just operating under the assumption that everything these people do or say is a lie and they are frauds in every facet of their life and how they present themselves. I thought it was funny that somebody who fancied themselves a sniper would use irons and sit out in the open like that, pleased as a pig in slop to have people taking pictures of him. Wouldn't that better describe a marksman? That sounds pretty cool still, he didn't even have to lie to sound cool.

• Locked thread