Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

meatpimp posted:

I buy it, but at the same time... think about some of the poo poo he writes/smokes/fucks!

Randall from Clerks posted:

At the same time?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Ether Frenzy posted:

Awesome! Thanks much - everyone's into BBQ (we're seeing my mom, who's out there visiting some retired snowbird family friends from our hometown in the midwest) so perhaps I'll drag them there and brave the lines as we do have a lunch slot with no plans yet. That Apache Trail looks pretty great, and even if there's caravans & boat trailers clogging it up I'm sure it'll be fun anyhow.

For desert flowers, it's hard to beat Arizona Botanical Garden next to the Phoenix zoo.

This is a perfect time to visit as far as the weather is concerned, but not sure about blooming flowers.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

meatpimp posted:

I buy it, but at the same time... think about some of the poo poo he writes/smokes/fucks!

The most terrifying interpretation of 14 is that he does these things unassisted.

It's also the one I prefer.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."
From working as a pd in the inland empire I've met a lot of meth heads. I've also met 14in. He doesn't strike me as a meth head.

Note that some mental health issues can also look like meth, which is an issue he's acknowledged.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

Doesn't he have way too many cars to be a meth head?

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

nm posted:

I've also met 14in. He doesn't strike me as a meth head.

He's too productive to be a meth head.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

The new Apple vulnerability is going to catch a lot of people out.

This is really funny, what effect has it had on the stores, TT?

(Note: don't do this, it'll brick your device)
http://www.peopleinformer.com/tech/apple-retro-themed-easter-egg-discovered/

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
It doesn't brick your device. Bricking means it's as useful as brick and is unrecoverable. A reset or waiting a whole 24 hours fixes it.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

meatpimp posted:

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

If that was homegrown, instead of a tumbler repost of a reddit picture, I'd respect it more.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

Finally some one uses a Randall quote correctly.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

meatpimp posted:

If that was homegrown, instead of a tumbler repost of a reddit picture, I'd respect it more.

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]
By God, it's full of flashlights

(and maybe fleshlights...)

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

I respect that.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Somewhat Heroic posted:

The arms go upwards to allow for 360* of camera movement without any obstruction. It has capability for dual operator too so one can fly the second controller moves the camera. Look up DJI Inspire 1 and you'll see it between arms down and arms up mode.

That makes a lot of sense, and is a really good idea, given the drone's intended purpose.

some texas redneck posted:

I was shocked when I saw that with PP and Streamstream too. Maxxsonics owns Hifonics (along with Crunch, MB Quart, and Autotek), so I'd look at it as a budget brand now. I haven't had any complaints about my Crunch amp, but I know it's made in China, and know it doesn't put out anywhere remotely close to what it claims.

I actually got the non-shallow version of those Polks (DB651) nevermind I ordered the DXi651. It was :10bux: more through Crutchfield, but that's with shipping and with the adapter pigtails, and they don't charge sales tax in TX. Amazon only stocks the marine version and the shallow version, so that was out (plus they charge sales tax, which would have brought it up a bit more). I'd forgotten about Sonic, I'll probably do my next order through them. When I order components I plan to get something a bit higher end than the Reference or Prime line; I like how Infinitys sound, wasn't real happy with my last set of Fosgate speakers.

Thankfully I don't need a mounting kit for the speakers, and even the non-shallow speakers will fit - though I will need to drill a couple of holes since GM is a special snowflake with their mounting pattern. My sub is also a Polk (DXi 12", single voice coil), I've been very happy with it. It's held up to a shitload of abuse and just keeps on pounding.

Geeze, MB Quart, too? They used to be high-end as well.

This has been useful to me - I'm pretty happy with the Bravox 5-1/4 seperates I liberated from my Jeep into the CV, but they are just 5-1/4s. Thinking about buying some 6-1/2s to put in there. Pity the Bravox's were a closeout thing. Fricking butyl rubber and Kevlar, and silk dome tweeters for under $75 or so when I got them from Parts Express. They have incredible bass for their size.
I'm thinking Polk or Infinity.

some texas redneck posted:

You know it's a good movie when the entire loving theater claps and laughs their asses off. :allears: Repeatedly.

Just got home from seeing Deadpool. loving awesome.

Oh, I am so going to see that. the trailers and other promo pieces have been dead on (no pun intended.)

quote="scuz" post="456195744"]
See if this here gets you any closer.
[/quote]

Oh, good Lord, Microsoft. At least they do provide a tool so that those of us who know what we're doing can manage things manually.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

My drat roommate's buddies were smoking so much this afternoon that my room was hazy even with the door closed.

I wanna have a chat with him in private, but he's always got like 10 people over yelling and watching basketball or whatever the gently caress they're doing out there.

If one more thing happens I'm rescinding my policy of "don't embarrass the guy in front of his friends", I'm a patient guy most of the time but when you disturb my ability to have peace and quiet in my own home poo poo's going down.

BloodBag
Sep 20, 2008

WITNESS ME!

Went to move some parts from one bike to another and found one of the cats pissed on my metric allen wrench set. Welp, I was looking for an excuse to get some ball-nose allen wrenches. Butthead cats.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

BloodBag posted:

Went to move some parts from one bike to another and found one of the cats pissed on my metric allen wrench set. Welp, I was looking for an excuse to get some ball-nose allen wrenches. Butthead cats.

Most allen wrenches are water resistant and you can safely wash them. You don't have to throw them away and replace them.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

Super Aggro Crag posted:

Doesn't he have way too many cars to be a meth head?

Not for the ie. Doesn't have enough. Also, they mostly work.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Sigma X posted:

You don't need to just stop smoking pot, you need a complete reexamination and subsequent change in your lifestyle. Seeking to escape from your crappy life by drinking, doing drugs, and generally forcing yourself to ignore just how much you hate it, isn't going to improve your situation.

I guess when I heard SAC was quitting weed, that implied weed and harder drugs, too. A major (and obviously hard) cold-turkey change in your life.
But when I read that about drinking hard and doing coke, it felt a struggle to displace some of the itch. I dunno, maybe you were doing all of that stuff before already, just not mentioning it here.

I'm sure there's plenty of folks out there who are functional and can do that stuff and make it all work. I just hope you don't feel like you're sliding back on when you made that big "I gotta change my life" post a few weeks back.

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

spog posted:

Most allen wrenches are water resistant and you can safely wash them. You don't have to throw them away and replace them.

Counterpoint: he should have ball end allen wrenches anyway. No need to toss the old ones though, I always keep an old lovely Chinese set around so I can make custom allen wrenches/sockets when needed.
My dog got the runs all over my Fluke (okay mostly just the leads but the meter itself had some poo on it) last spring. That sucked.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

nm posted:

Not for the ie. Doesn't have enough. Also, they mostly work.

Yeah, for the ie he needs like six more and some dirtbikes of dubious legality.

You're a cop out here?

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

The Locator posted:

For desert flowers, it's hard to beat Arizona Botanical Garden next to the Phoenix zoo.

This is a perfect time to visit as far as the weather is concerned, but not sure about blooming flowers.

Cool - that's a couple suggestions for that location - one of my co-workers also recommended it. Looks like it's worth seeing. Thanks!
We'll probably drive through Joshua Tree on the way out there, because why not.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

iwentdoodie posted:

Yeah, for the ie he needs like six more and some dirtbikes of dubious legality.

You're a cop out here?

Was a public defender there. Now live up north.

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

Super Aggro Crag posted:

On the bright side I'll be on call 24/7 except every other weekend with this new job so I literally can't get crunk.

This sounds like a fantastic way to go insane in a very short order of time.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

There's a 1991 Subaru Legacy... automatic right hand drive for sale down the street. $2600, 100k miles. I can't imagine someone importing an automatic wagon so I'm guessing it's an old mail driver's vehicle?

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

Pham Nuwen posted:

There's a 1991 Subaru Legacy... automatic right hand drive for sale down the street. $2600, 100k miles. I can't imagine someone importing an automatic wagon so I'm guessing it's an old mail driver's vehicle?

Yeah, Subaru made a bunch of postal Legacies, I think mostly wagons. I'm not sure if they still do.

All the ones I have seen have been first-gens, although some guy on NASIOC claims his early second gen RHD was one as well.

edit: Apparently I am wrong, looks like there's some evidence that first and second gens (to 99) were postals. All 2.2 wagons which would actually make them a little unusual for second gens. http://www.cars101.com/postlsub.html

Seat Safety Switch fucked around with this message at 05:02 on Feb 13, 2016

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

ExplodingSims posted:

I've done on call jobs like that, and it's typically fine, because the on call work tends to be rare 'emergency' situations. They don't call you out on a whim since on call typically pays overtime or double time with a 'x' hour minimum (2 hours in the job I did), and time starts from the time you get the call until the time you pull back into your own driveway after finishing the emergency call.

Of course I have no idea if SAC will get the same sort of deal, or if the company he wants to work for is abusive of their on call people.

glyph
Apr 6, 2006

Pham Nuwen posted:

Yep, RHD was an option you could check on a build sheet. Looks like '91 was the first year that was an option.

http://articles.sun-sentinel.com/1995-08-12/business/9508110597_1_rural-carriers-right-hand-drive-education-car

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

The Locator posted:

I've done on call jobs like that, and it's typically fine, because the on call work tends to be rare 'emergency' situations. They don't call you out on a whim since on call typically pays overtime or double time with a 'x' hour minimum (2 hours in the job I did), and time starts from the time you get the call until the time you pull back into your own driveway after finishing the emergency call.

Of course I have no idea if SAC will get the same sort of deal, or if the company he wants to work for is abusive of their on call people.

Oh I know, I'm working at a place that does on call stuff now. We go on call once a week, and once a month we have a weekend (Fri-Sat) where we go on call as well.
I guess it's just me, but I kinda hate it, I just never feel like I can 100% relax on those on call weekends, so working it for like 2 weeks straight would drive me bonkers.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Welp, Amazon didn't schedule me next week, and I only work for Dining In on Fri-Mon. So I have 3 days to myself.

You know what that means? That means my happy rear end is going to Austin on Tuesday, and coming home Thursday night or Friday morning. I haven't been down there since 2009..

Now I just need to find a hotel somewhere in north Austin (or in the suburbs) that isn't super ghetto, but yet still affordable.

Maksimus54 posted:

And your right arm is double the size of your left from all the shifting too I suppose...

Yeah, we'll go with that. :wmwink:

Darchangel posted:

Geeze, MB Quart, too? They used to be high-end as well.

This has been useful to me - I'm pretty happy with the Bravox 5-1/4 seperates I liberated from my Jeep into the CV, but they are just 5-1/4s. Thinking about buying some 6-1/2s to put in there. Pity the Bravox's were a closeout thing. Fricking butyl rubber and Kevlar, and silk dome tweeters for under $75 or so when I got them from Parts Express. They have incredible bass for their size.
I'm thinking Polk or Infinity.

I had no idea about MB Quart until I ordered a set of MB Quart speakers a few years ago... and the box they showed up in was very much "bargain basement electronics packaging". They sounded "okay" for the price (I think I paid $80 for a set of 6.5" components), but nothing great.

IMO both Polk and Infinity sound great for their price point as long as you avoid their bottom tier stuff. Though I do have a set of Infinity Reference bookshelf speakers, but they're from the 90s (and still sound great). I don't really care about a lot of bass up front, since I have a sub, but a decent amount of midrange would be good.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Polk audio is my favorite, but mid-tier Kenwood is my go-to.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

ExplodingSims posted:

Oh I know, I'm working at a place that does on call stuff now. We go on call once a week, and once a month we have a weekend (Fri-Sat) where we go on call as well.
I guess it's just me, but I kinda hate it, I just never feel like I can 100% relax on those on call weekends, so working it for like 2 weeks straight would drive me bonkers.

Oh, don't get me wrong, I wouldn't want to be on call now (I actually turned down a position at my current company because it would be on call 1 week out of 5), but when I was younger like SAC is, it didn't bother me at all and I loved the occasional really awesome paycheck.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Let's see... book a room for $80/night (and that's only half a step up from Motel 6), and still have to worry about driving... or get a bed at a hostel right on the drag in Austin and be able to walk/bike nearly everywhere I plan to go? A hostel that includes breakfast and a beer every day?

$90 for 3 nights? Yes please. The other option is airbnb, but the only thing I can find remotely close to that price is a bunk bed.

edit: gently caress it, I'll stay another night, so Tuesday afternoon until Saturday morning.

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 06:50 on Feb 13, 2016

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

ExplodingSims posted:

Yeah but it is literally my dream job. And once I am fully trained me and the other dude will switch off weekends.

Threw out the rest of my Kratom cuz it sucks and I do take some of your disses about me to heart.

Also what is the deal with that anti-car modification law bill thingy I have seen floating around on Facebook this week?

Super Aggro Crag fucked around with this message at 06:46 on Feb 13, 2016

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

I'll set the building on fire

Seat Safety Switch posted:

Yeah, Subaru made a bunch of postal Legacies, I think mostly wagons. I'm not sure if they still do.

All the ones I have seen have been first-gens, although some guy on NASIOC claims his early second gen RHD was one as well.

edit: Apparently I am wrong, looks like there's some evidence that first and second gens (to 99) were postals. All 2.2 wagons which would actually make them a little unusual for second gens. http://www.cars101.com/postlsub.html

Well only the gt (96-99) and 97-99 outback were 2.5. It wasn't until 3rd gen that everything was 2.5l.

And the appeal of the postal wagon is that one of those jdm twin turbo engines on ebay will fit, because the tt setup does not work with LHD.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Super Aggro Crag posted:

Threw out the rest of my Kratom cuz it sucks and I do take some of your disses about me to heart.

Hope you didn't munch too much of that xanax, it tends to hang out and tell stories for awhile too.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug

jamal posted:

Well only the gt (96-99) and 97-99 outback were 2.5. It wasn't until 3rd gen that everything was 2.5l.
I'm probably thinking Outback as being special about the 2.2 then, I remember some rallycrossers had a nice 96 2.2 Outback that I envied.

jamal posted:

And the appeal of the postal wagon is that one of those jdm twin turbo engines on ebay will fit, because the tt setup does not work with LHD.
Not sure that's actually a good thing, but horses for courses.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

Well I have a legit script for my Xanax and it is only 10mg a month. Being such an anxious unemployed gently caress the past few months I have actually needed to use it the way it is intended.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

literally a fish
Oct 2, 2014

German officer Johannes Bolter peeks out the hatch of his Tiger I heavy tank during a quiet moment before the Battle of Kursk - c:1943 (colorized)
Slippery Tilde
If you have a script, sail on.

• Locked thread