Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Gigi Galli posted:

Everything except the bought referees was ok I guess.

QQ more bitch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MoPZiG
Jun 6, 2006

Can we actually just skip the bother of organizing world cups and just have the Nike commercials?

The rematch doesnt need a cage!

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

ayb posted:

No third world countries

Wow look at this guy not wanting Great Britain to host.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
E: this was a mean spirited and bad post.

Gigi Galli fucked around with this message at 04:29 on Jan 27, 2016

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

MoPZiG posted:

Can we actually just skip the bother of organizing world cups and just have the Nike commercials?

The rematch doesnt need a cage!

We don't even need new commercials, just replay the one on the boat in the cage or whatever it was.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

FIFA froze all payments to both CONMEBOL and CONCACAF for the time being.

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Bender: "I was God once." God: "Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everyone died."

The Centennario is going to be awesome. I wonder how many FIFA guys are actually going to show up.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
I hope no one shows up and that poo poo gets canceled

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat
I hope not. I got venue tickets.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Healbot posted:

FIFA froze all payments to both CONMEBOL and CONCACAF for the time being.

Haha nice

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes
According to the bookies someone called Salman Al Khalifa is very likely to be the next FIFA president.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)

jyrka posted:

According to the bookies someone called Salman Al Khalifa is very likely to be the next FIFA president.

aka the guy who tortured a load of footballers for being pro-democracy

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Bender: "I was God once." God: "Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everyone died."

jyrka posted:

Don't they know that this election is going to have more scrutiny than ever? Are FIFA members really this dumb?

porkface
Dec 29, 2000

Which one? Coke or McDonalds?

MoPZiG
Jun 6, 2006

B.B. Rodriguez posted:

Don't they know that this election is going to have more scrutiny than ever? Are FIFA members really this dumb?

Well CAF (and their 54 delegates) just endorsed him. Lets run this poo poo into the ground.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Whew, I can breathe a little easy now. I'd hate for these two guys to miss out on a World Cup that their organization helped so hard to build.

quote:

The suspended Fifa president, Sepp Blatter, and the Uefa president, Michel Platini, will be invited to the 2018 World Cup in Russia, the Russian sports minister, Vitaly Mutko said.

Blatter and Platini, the two men at the top of the world’s most popular sport, were banned by the world governing body for eight years in December over a spate of corruption scandals on their watch that, among other things, raised questions about Russia’s right to host the tournament.

Mutko told Russia’s R-Sport news agency that Blatter and Platini were appealing against their bans and still permitted to attend football events.

“Formally, the suspension prohibits them from any position in football. But on the other hand, how is it that an outstanding player like Michel Platini can’t go to the football?” Mutko said. “We will invite them, I see no problems with the events we are hosting.”

The Russia president, Vladimir Putin, has called Blatter “a very respected person” who had done much for the development of the global game, fostered it as a form of cooperation between countries and was deserving of the Nobel Peace Prize.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/feb/08/sepp-blatter-michel-platini-invited-world-cup-russia

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

quote:

“Formally, the suspension prohibits them from any position in football. But on the other hand, how is it that an outstanding player like Michel Platini can’t go to the football?” Mutko said.

makes u think

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

oliwan posted:

makes u think

How can Michel Platini be banned from football when he himself is a footballer? Can you ban people from being themselves nowadays? Important questions these raised by Russian Sports Minister Vitaly Mutko

MoPZiG
Jun 6, 2006

In news that should surprise noone, frontrunner Sheikh Salman doesn't appear to get democracy, wants backroom deal instead of actual FIFA election: http://www.sunherald.com/news/politics-government/article59308013.html

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

New boss is just like the old one. And he is going to win with both Asia and Africa voting in bloc. I guess fully half of FIFA don't understand the reason things have gone south over the past 3 years.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
Dismantle FIFA, ban international football.

porkface
Dec 29, 2000

El Hefe posted:

Dismantle FIFA, ban international football.
They're working on it as fast as possible.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
I hope they all get together and vote and then while everyone is in one place the United States RICOs down the door and RICOs everybody back to America where they will RICO the RICO RICOs.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

vyelkin posted:

I hope they all get together and vote and then while everyone is in one place the United States RICOs down the door and RICOs everybody back to America where they will RICO the RICO RICOs.

racist if true

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

vyelkin posted:

“elections?!” sepp RICOs in the door and just keeps RICOing, sliding off around the room, bouncing against walls. he RICOs against your toilet, busting it up big time. you get the feeling he’s trying to say something to you but he’s RICOing at such a high velocity you just can’t quite make it out. as he finally nails a window and falls out you think you hear him exclaim “I was elected, that’s what’s so CRAZY about this” on the way down

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

Lotka Volterra posted:

“elections?!” sepp RICOs in the door and just keeps RICOing, sliding off around the room, bouncing against walls. he RICOs against your toilet, busting it up big time. you get the feeling he’s trying to say something to you but he’s RICOing at such a high velocity you just can’t quite make it out. as he finally nails a window and falls out you think you hear him exclaim “I was elected, that’s what’s so CRAZY about this” on the way down

i laughed

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Lotka Volterra posted:

Let's RICO once and for all with this RICO that Sepp Blatter doesn't know what he's RICOing. He knows exactly what he's RICOing.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

silvergoose posted:

Let's RICO once and for all with this RICO that Sepp Blatter doesn't know what he's RICOing. He knows exactly what he's RICOing.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

silvergoose posted:

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

I take it people liked the joke. :3:

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

PEEERRRRRP!

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

victoria concordia crescit
Jerome Valcke has been banned for 12 years.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
And Sheikh Salman, the next FIFA President who, remember, wants to run in an unopposed election, was good enough to sign a pledge that FIFA will respect human rights, although not before he insisted they remove all specific references to Russia, Qatar, women, and gay people.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

vyelkin posted:

And Sheikh Salman, the next FIFA President who, remember, wants to run in an unopposed election, was good enough to sign a pledge that FIFA will respect human rights, although not before he insisted they remove all specific references to Russia, Qatar, women, and gay people.

Link please

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Sepp Blatter is better than the shite we'll end up getting now.

ephex posted:

Link please

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/feb/12/sheikh-salman-signs-human-rights-pledge-fifa-russia-qatar-world-cups

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

vyelkin posted:

FIFA, more like Sharia

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

foobardog
Apr 19, 2007

There, now I can tell when you're posting.

-- A friend :)
So one of the assholes on the Supreme Court died and the rumor is that the current expected nominee is Loretta Lynch, the Attorney General driving the FIFA investigations.

Now, the chance that Congress approves her is low because they want to wait for the chance for President Trump to make a nominee, but I'm afraid Prince Ali got to his fellow Muslim Obama, and football's going on hajj.