Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ClonedPickle
Apr 23, 2010

Fleve posted:

I never really used it a lot until now, but was the Eagle Heavy always this good? It sits wonderfully in between DMR-kit rifles and the ~40 damage assault rifles that all seem to be rather unstable/inaccurate after the weapon re-balance.

The Gewehr 3 seems to also live in that area, but I haven't used it enough yet to get the dozer achievement. Is it worth unlocking the mods for it?

The Eagle Heavy, Falcon, and Gewehr 3 have been excellent guns ever since the weapon rebalance from Crimefest; they were pretty bad before that, but they used to be okay before 2014's Crimefest that gave everyone the headshot bonus. Right now is the best they've ever been.

The Gewehr 3 has a mod that will increase the total ammo (Assault Kit), which makes it strictly better than the Eagle Heavy in my opinion. The Falcon has an extended magazine option that will bring it to 40 rounds over the other two battle rifles' 20, so it's a choice between total ammo, mag size, or whatever the Eagle Heavy has going for it. It might be more stable than the others? Probably not stable enough to make up for it, but as long as you're not on Death Wish don't worry about ~optimal guns~.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blight Runner
May 3, 2009

Fleve posted:

I never really used it a lot until now, but was the Eagle Heavy always this good? It sits wonderfully in between DMR-kit rifles and the ~40 damage assault rifles that all seem to be rather unstable/inaccurate after the weapon re-balance.

The Gewehr 3 seems to also live in that area, but I haven't used it enough yet to get the dozer achievement. Is it worth unlocking the mods for it?

I didn't think the DMR was worth it. It does handle like a lower ROF M308, but I normally run any DMR in semi auto mode and switch to full auto for emergencies. Since the ROF is lower on the G3, I just didn't think it was worth it for my playing style. That small magazine also kills it for spraying, even with the stability boosts. As ClonedPickle says, the Assault kit is where it's at.

Just play Meltdown on normal to farm for the dozer spawn in the trailers. You can use aced Swansong to just pummel his faceplate. Or break it with your secondary before you finish him with the G3. Then restart the level and repeat. I did it before the weapon rebalance so you should have an easier time than I did.

Skyscraper
Oct 1, 2004

Hurry Up, We're Dreaming

ClonedPickle posted:

The Gewehr 3 has a mod that will increase the total ammo (Assault Kit), which makes it strictly better than the Eagle Heavy in my opinion. The Falcon has an extended magazine option that will bring it to 40 rounds over the other two battle rifles' 20, so it's a choice between total ammo, mag size, or whatever the Eagle Heavy has going for it. It might be more stable than the others? Probably not stable enough to make up for it, but as long as you're not on Death Wish don't worry about ~optimal guns~.

The Assault Kit also greatly lowers damage, which kinda defeats the point of the G3. I mean, at that point you could just be using a CAR-4.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Assault kit G3 puts it down to like 43 damage. I mean, it'll have the most ammo of all the 40-ish damage rifles but it still has that pathetic 20 round mag versus every other 40-ish damage rifle at least having 30.

I prefer the Eagle Heavy's visual recoil and blazing fast reload speed (pretty sure it's second only to the Commando) over the Falcon even though it's got the edge on firerate and magazine size. If you have the AK/CAR pack, the AK.762 gets pretty good as well and it can take a quadstack along with extremely high accuracy if you don't mind the huge stability nerf that'll give you.

e: Actually the Eagle and Falcon both have the same reload speeds and are tied for 3rd fastest (behind the AK5 and Commando, respectively). They can reach similar accuracy numbers with the Eagle having more stability, and the Eagle can be modded to 100 accuracy before skills while the Falcon only hits 96.

tl;dr who loving cares just use whichever one you like they're almost identical.

UnknownMercenary fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Feb 12, 2016

Fleve
Nov 5, 2011

I typed a lot then I refresh and find everyone else has already said what I wanted to say about -40 dmg and longer reload speed on the G3.

I'll still unlock G3 stuff just for the hell of it, but the Eagle is going to be one of my favorites. God drat it just feels right, I hardly even notice there's only 20 bullets in the magazine.

Explosionface
May 30, 2011

We can dance if we want to,
we can leave Marle behind.
'Cause your fiends don't dance,
and if they don't dance,
they'll get a Robo Fist of mine.

One thing about the G3: you can put some wood furniture on it to make it look classy as heck. That's why it's my favorite of the three in question.

ClonedPickle
Apr 23, 2010
The Assault Kit lowers damage? Well that's horseshit. Psion, you spoil me.

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Secondary Objective: Commit Fraud - Complete
Under-barrel shotguns have been a thing for awhile. I'm just annoyed that no video game I've played allows me to put an under-barrel shotgun onto a larger shotgun.

And the only reason why the DMR kit exists for the G3 is so you can use a PSG-1 lookalike.

Concordat fucked around with this message at 03:13 on Feb 13, 2016

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

Concordat posted:

Under-barrel shotguns have been a thing for awhile. I'm just annoyed that no video game I've played allows me to put an under-barrel shotgun onto a larger shotgun.

Planetside 2 actually has one of those. The Brawler, a semi-auto shottie with an underbarrel pump action. (You can also pair it with a shotgun pistol for maximum shotgun.)

Wastrel_
Jun 3, 2004

Read it and weep.
Counterfeit trap seems to be bugged - can't interact with the C4 and so can't move on with the game.

Both heists are a heck of a lot easier than their PDTH predecessors. Undercover is easier on DW than it used to be on Overkill in PDTH. The Counterfeit escape is nothing without a countdown timer of 30 seconds on Overkill 145+ from the time you open the sewer grate.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Yeah I was thinking that Counterfeit sewer escape would at least be as cop dense as the sewer escape of Birth of Sky.

aardvaard
Mar 4, 2013

you belong in the bog of eternal stench

Somehow got the Basement Dwellers achievement (Don't let cops enter the basement on Counterfeit on OVERKILL or Above) despite playing it once on Very Hard, having cops enter the basement, and then failing because we accidentally glitched the escape.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

CommunistPancake posted:

Somehow got the Basement Dwellers achievement (Don't let cops enter the basement on Counterfeit on OVERKILL or Above) despite playing it once on Very Hard, having cops enter the basement, and then failing because we accidentally glitched the escape.

At the very least, Basement Dwellers, intentionally or not, seems to trigger once the safe is opened just like Crowd Control. So no need to finish the heist.

Dunno what to say about the rest of it. The achievement specifies the printing room and not the entire sub-level, but other than that.. :shrug:

Moochewmoo
May 13, 2009
So a few months back they added some micro transactions to the game and it seemed to be the end of the world. How did things end up panning out? I'm guessing they're still here? It's hard to find solid information through the hyperbole.

Shadowed Bacon
Apr 28, 2009

Moochewmoo posted:

So a few months back they added some micro transactions to the game and it seemed to be the end of the world. How did things end up panning out? I'm guessing they're still here? It's hard to find solid information through the hyperbole.

Nothing to worry about. You can buy(with real money) "drills" to open "safes" that have skins that usually look like garbage. It's straight-up CS:GO/TF2 crates is what I'm saying. The skins might have a minor stat boosts and drills/safes/stat boosts can drop from cards. also you can win stat boosts in "do stuff with no skills' side jobs.

people are still super angry about this.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Moochewmoo posted:

You're literally better off using GoonMod since a) the skins are pretty lame outside of a few, b) the legendaries are pretty suboptimal as gently caress, and c) stat boosts drop from the card system now. If you still think it's pay2win then you might have done one too many Cook Off's, if ya know what I'm sayin'.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

I do want to chime in that I am jazzed as anything that the eagle heavy is decent now. I always felt it had great gunfeel, and was usually what I went with at level 0 back before stealthing jewelry store dw became the automatic first heist. Might get a chance to play this weekend, which is nice.

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx
eagle heavy and commando are rad as all heck

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

Moochewmoo posted:

The same thing as usual. The only people who can keep up that level of vitriol have become the minority. Safes come out as either card drops or as rewards, now. The latter give you a safe and rill for completing challenges/achievements. There are stat and XP boosts that drop in the card screen that you can put on guns. A new DLC pack released yesterday that has two PD1 maps to PD2 and adds in a really good grenade launcher (the whole pack is free if you have PD1's DLC).

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
DO NOT use a saw or C4 to enter the basement on counterfeit- use a crowbar. This appears to be what's causing the C4 bug folks are noticing.

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

Another game update, another OP update. I'll try to remember to bug a mod about thread title.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

Two more COP masks revealed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWK7CfCYiXA

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx
kawaii uguuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuufuck me

Laputanmachine
Oct 31, 2010

by Smythe
Mega Warface when

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
They did it, the absolute madmen.

I really regret not buying that DLC

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Of course its ultimate form is Sailor Moon. NOW GIVE ME MY CRIMEKU MASK TO COMPLETE THE FEELING! :getin:

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

This is the most beautiful thing to have ever been done

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

I am a monster, and I'm not really a fan of the kawaii mask, but mega kawaii being sailor moon? :golfclap:

The predator mask owns. Hopefully it takes a camo pattern well, or the claw markings.

fishception
Feb 20, 2011

~carrier has arrived~
Oven Wrangler

Crabtree posted:

Of course its ultimate form is Sailor Moon. NOW GIVE ME MY CRIMEKU MASK TO COMPLETE THE FEELING! :getin:

I want a Kamen Rider mask

grancheater
May 1, 2013

Wine'em, dine'em, 69'em
I regret not buying the COP pack now. I should've known A$S would never lead me astray, but I doubted them.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
I doubt they wouldn't think about putting it on the market again seeing as this community would tear itself apart all over again crying about how they can't get exclusive masks, but yes, you should be ashamed you didn't support the creation of Mega Kawaii.

Payday 2: For Greed and Violence, the pretty master criminal Mega Kawaii! In the name of the Moon I will rob you!

Crabtree fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Feb 13, 2016

THE CHORSE
May 17, 2005

CHORSY MOOMS CHORSE JEEF
I happen to have a spare COP sitting in my inventory. I would like to trade it for a Humble Mask Pack 1 code (The Crossbreed and The Orc). Anyone who can make that happen gets a Mega Kawaii.

THE CHORSE fucked around with this message at 18:45 on Feb 13, 2016

fishception
Feb 20, 2011

~carrier has arrived~
Oven Wrangler

THE CHORSE posted:

I happen to have a spare COP sitting in my inventory. I would like to trade it for a Humble Mask Pack 1 code (The Crossbreed and The Orc). Anyone who can make that happen gets a Mega Kawaii.

alternately I will trade you bad ratz 2 for it

THE CHORSE
May 17, 2005

CHORSY MOOMS CHORSE JEEF
The minimum bid has been established. Do I hear a Horse Armor?

fishception
Feb 20, 2011

~carrier has arrived~
Oven Wrangler

THE CHORSE posted:

The minimum bid has been established. Do I hear a Horse Armor?

no but seriously if you have crusader kings 2 and don't have charlemagne expansion i'll throw you that

Sykic
Feb 9, 2004

Resist! Humanity demands it! Resist!
We're supposed to be robbing banks, not each other :(

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
I will do a let's play of any horrible game on Steam for a COP key.

fishception
Feb 20, 2011

~carrier has arrived~
Oven Wrangler

Dr Cheeto posted:

I will do a let's play of any horrible game on Steam for a COP key.

I have a copy of bad ratz 2 with your name on it

Alternately an LP of Gender Bender DNA Twister Extreme

Sykic
Feb 9, 2004

Resist! Humanity demands it! Resist!

Sperglord Firecock posted:

Alternately an LP of Gender Bender DNA Twister Extreme

Paging Vox.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

Vox, your fat pipe is broke. I am disappointed.