Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Cross-posting from the GTCC thread. The tune is for the 2011 HSV

quote:

Just realized the HSV may have been a bit out of touch with the spec:

quote:

Must have or swap to a V8
Must have or swap to a turbo/twin turbo setup

You could either switch to the V8 or select the twin turbo setup with the stock engine. Couldn't have both and if you could, well, there's your red rocket. I went with the turbo completely forgetting the V8 part. Bernese Alps exposed some work that needs to be done to help with the sweepers - I tuned this mostly on the Ring and Spa. If anyone wants to give this a try and improve on it, please do. You probably wouldn't lose much grip with Street Tires so you could add a bit more power.

Stock Engine
Twin Turbo

Race: Camshaft, Brakes, Suspension, ARB, Cage, Weight Reduction, Driveline, Differential

Sport Tires, 275w Front, 315w Rear
Rims RGII Aadvan (1st group, 4th option - 6-spoked) or similar weight reduction
21” Rims

Front and Rear Aero

PSI: 28.0

Camber: -1.4 / -0.9
Toe: 0.1 / -0.1
Caster 5.0

ARB: 20.22 / 23.31

Springs: 761.4 / 606.4
Ride Height: 3.9 / 3.9

Rebound: 7.3 / 7.0
Bump: 5.3 / 5.1

Aero: 90 / 180 (note: as I said in my previous post 45 / 100 did not give any more top end speed, I didn’t try min aero)

Balance: 50% (I normally set to 45%)
Pressure: 100% (I normally set to 110%)

Diff: 65 / 25

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Cubey posted:

What on earth do you plan on doing with 56 million credits :psyduck:

I was gonna say the Porsche expansion comes out in a few weeks, but all of those cars should be free because they are DLC. It's so much easier to afford cars in Forza 6 compared to FM4, where I was always hurting for money after level 150.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

I said come in! posted:

I was gonna say the Porsche expansion comes out in a few weeks, but all of those cars should be free because they are DLC. It's so much easier to afford cars in Forza 6 compared to FM4, where I was always hurting for money after level 150.

It's much easier in F6 compared to FH2 as well. F6's car prices are also less expensive in comparison.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
Why the hell is the searching for tunes/paints in this so bad? I cant see an option to sort for stuff after youve searched it?

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Yeah, the way you get that poo poo is a loving horrid mess and I hate it. Finding a good tune is a goddamn miserable experience if you are using something not on the leaderboards. I do not understand why the gently caress they ditched the storefront, that poo poo was perfect.

Endbuster
Jan 7, 2013

There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.

Cubey posted:

Yeah, the way you get that poo poo is a loving horrid mess and I hate it. Finding a good tune is a goddamn miserable experience if you are using something not on the leaderboards. I do not understand why the gently caress they ditched the storefront, that poo poo was perfect.

I do take tuning requests :D

I've managed to get some turds into the top 500 world times.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
You're saying search through tunes based on nothing other than which one was most recently uploaded isn't a good system?

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

Endbuster posted:

I do take tuning requests :D

I've managed to get some turds into the top 500 world times.
Vouched. I never made it that far, but he took at least one car I was unable to get anywhere with and made it an absolute joy to scream around in. I wish I could just send you a check and keep you on retainer, but I'm trying to learn, too.

The best post you might have ever made (which I have lost) is the one about differentials and how to use tire heating to dial it in. That was you, wasn't it? In my mind I kinda lump some really fast drivers who talk tuning into a group together, e.g. Endbuster/Whatcubed/DaShoe. If it was, I hope you'll find/link is so I can save it and practice. That was some pro-tuning advice.

The car was this Torana, which I had decided was untamable:

P.S. I hate the tune-searching system because it stops displaying any information after the first 20 tunes or so then everything is blank.

Endbuster
Jan 7, 2013

Dr. Faustus posted:

Vouched. I never made it that far, but he took at least one car I was unable to get anywhere with and made it an absolute joy to scream around in. I wish I could just send you a check and keep you on retainer, but I'm trying to learn, too.

The best post you might have ever made (which I have lost) is the one about differentials and how to use tire heating to dial it in. That was you, wasn't it? In my mind I kinda lump some really fast drivers who talk tuning into a group together, e.g. Endbuster/Whatcubed/DaShoe. If it was, I hope you'll find/link is so I can save it and practice. That was some pro-tuning advice.

The car was this Torana, which I had decided was untamable:

P.S. I hate the tune-searching system because it stops displaying any information after the first 20 tunes or so then everything is blank.

Nah, I use the tire heating for camber and stuff. For the diff my go to on high power cars was finding the traction breaking point and just feeling it out on preference. I shoot for slippery but controllable with no extended peg legging burnouts on corner exit. Some people like their poo poo locked in, some don't.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Cubey posted:

In order for a franchise to be able to move from Xbox 360 to Xbox One is to show Microsoft that the company has successfully removed key features from their games, like storefronts, working voice chat, and working clans.

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
What, you think the Drivatars work off of voodoo magic and space bunnies? Sacrifices had to be made so I could race against my make-believe online friends even if they aren't online.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
As it is with every other major-ish (they called the third xbox the xbox one lol) advance in hardware that facilitates semi-significant graphical increases in gaming history, we must have 2% better graphics and 12% more poo poo on the screen, let's fire all the non-essential teams and re-allocate budget so we can attain these meaningless goals!

Laterz, storefront team

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

I said come in! posted:

I never had any money problems in Forza 4. In fact I gave a friend 20 million in startup funds when he got the game by buying a car off him in the auction house, and still had some 30 million or so left over. 6 does give away more money, however.

Forza 3, now that was a game where funds were tough to come by.

Endbuster
Jan 7, 2013

Cubey posted:

I never had any money problems in Forza 4. In fact I gave a friend 20 million in startup funds when he got the game by buying a car off him in the auction house, and still had some 30 million or so left over. 6 does give away more money, however.

Forza 3, now that was a game where funds were tough to come by.

Anybody ever play the first one for the OG? That game was a motherfucker about money. I remember I 100% cleared every single event with a first place finish and still didn't have the cash to purchase the Risi Ferrari. God I miss the poo poo out of Alpine Ring, Tokyo Circuit, and Fujimi. I know a lot of people really loved Maple, but Tokyo was my jam. Death at every apex!

robotsinmyhead
Nov 29, 2005

Dude, they oughta call you Piledriver!

Clever Betty
I miss those point-to-point races. I vaguely remember kinda liking a track set at some docks? I think I drank that part of my brain away.

Endbuster
Jan 7, 2013

robotsinmyhead posted:

I miss those point-to-point races. I vaguely remember kinda liking a track set at some docks? I think I drank that part of my brain away.

Lol. The pacific shipyards. God I hated that place.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Endbuster posted:

Anybody ever play the first one for the OG? That game was a motherfucker about money. I remember I 100% cleared every single event with a first place finish and still didn't have the cash to purchase the Risi Ferrari. God I miss the poo poo out of Alpine Ring, Tokyo Circuit, and Fujimi. I know a lot of people really loved Maple, but Tokyo was my jam. Death at every apex!

I own the original but never played it too much because I also had GT4 and that was just a better game overall. Alpine Ring was pretty cool though, and Pacific Dockyards was like the chicaned version of New York from 3 in that it was so bad it wrapped around to being good again.

metallicaeg
Nov 28, 2005

Evil Red Wings Owner Wario Lemieux Steals Stanley Cup
My earliest memories of Forza were from FM2 and the seemingly endless grind around different variations of that test track to do anything in the career mode.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
You had to race on the Snake Tracks for like the first 45 minutes of the game and then never saw them again though. It was still 45 minutes too much because those tracks were almost as terrible as Indy infield is.

*almost*

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
I liked the snake tracks because i like dumb mickey mouse poo poo with no straights

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

IIRC the snake tracks were as bad as they were because Turn 10 outsourced them to some other dev, which is also why they don't have the same kind of feel to them as your typical T10 track.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Exactly right, they were done by a studio in India that was completely divorced from all other aspects of the development, which is why they felt so out of place.

BCRock
Dec 13, 2005
I'm huge in Japan
Forza 2 also had licensed music. Most of it was terrible, but I was too dumb to turn it off and I played so much of that game that it's all permanently ingrained into my brain.

Daft Punk is playing at my house. My house.

Endbuster
Jan 7, 2013

BCRock posted:

Forza 2 also had licensed music. Most of it was terrible, but I was too dumb to turn it off and I played so much of that game that it's all permanently ingrained into my brain.

Man, GT2 soundtrack is forever burned into my skull.

This fuckin' song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gT-r0l7UTN0

And this one especially, it was my favorite track. Little kid me would sing this non-stop: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9MEUljYnEc

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

BCRock posted:

I turned it off pretty quick, because the Xbox and Xbox 360 had this amazing feature that Microsoft decided wasn't important for Xbox One. I am talking about the feature that allows a gamer to stream music from their PC while playing video games. I spent many hours playing Forza 2 and Forza 4 (skipped 3 due to life) just jamming music while racing. Now with Xbox One the only way to do it is to have half your screen taken up by a "snap" app that's loving worthless.

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
You didn't have to stream it from the PC. If you had a music CD, you could install the tracks to the system and have it play in the background while playing a game.

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
I loved the forza 2 soundtrack. I especially loved that it was about 1/3rd LCD soundsystem

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

L_Harrison posted:

You didn't have to stream it from the PC. If you had a music CD, you could install the tracks to the system and have it play in the background while playing a game.

I always have THOUSANDS of pirated music on my PC, was significantly easier to just stream it across a network than to transfer it to the hard drive :D

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

BCRock posted:

Witch In The Club and Alala are songs that will never leave my head, even though both of them (especially Alala) are godfuckingawful.

BCRock
Dec 13, 2005
I'm huge in Japan
Oh god. I had forgotten about Alala until you just mentioned it. God dammit Cubey.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

I turned it off pretty quick, because the Xbox and Xbox 360 had this amazing feature that Microsoft decided wasn't important for Xbox One. I am talking about the feature that allows a gamer to stream music from their PC while playing video games. I spent many hours playing Forza 2 and Forza 4 (skipped 3 due to life) just jamming music while racing. Now with Xbox One the only way to do it is to have half your screen taken up by a "snap" app that's loving worthless.

You can do it on Xbone as long as you are willing to devote one full third of your TV to the media player.

WienerDog
Apr 8, 2007
Resident Rocking Dachshund

BCRock posted:

drat, I forgot about that.
LCD Sound system owns tho, and reading Alalala made me cringe.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
I learned to turn off all game music, forever, after the repetitious unending horror of this scarred me permanently.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Cojawfee posted:

You can do it on Xbone as long as you are willing to devote one full third of your TV to the media player.

Yea I mentioned that, and I'm not.

robotsinmyhead
Nov 29, 2005

Dude, they oughta call you Piledriver!

Clever Betty
Complain all you want about FM2's soundtrack, it had NOTHING on the unmitigated bullshitery of GT5. What is the Japanese obsession with yelling children? I'm still mad about how terrible that game was from a SOUND perspective.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

The B-Class league has been pretty great all week until about an hour ago when all the fucktards descended upon it en masse.

https://account.xbox.com/en-us/gameclip/14454984-efc2-4f1d-8077-0b943e22c7b9?gamerTag=geeves412&scid=417d0100-b230-41cf-975d-3eaa64f9397e

https://account.xbox.com/en-us/gameclip/7e811f85-147e-4106-b351-8633f2e88a33?gamerTag=geeves412&scid=417d0100-b230-41cf-975d-3eaa64f9397e - at least the landing was great.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

BCRock posted:

Oh god. I had forgotten about Alala until you just mentioned it. God dammit Cubey.

You can count on me anytime to bring you memories that you'd rather forget :tipshat:

PS the Turn 10 dude just set a 1:38.760. Have fun, everybody~

DEEP STATE PLOT fucked around with this message at 11:00 on Feb 13, 2016

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

Endbuster posted:

Man, GT2 soundtrack is forever burned into my skull.

This fuckin' song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gT-r0l7UTN0

And this one especially, it was my favorite track. Little kid me would sing this non-stop: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9MEUljYnEc
I'm still unreasonably annoyed by the fact the US versions of the Gran Turismo games had better soundtracks than what we got in Europe. :reject: We just got a bunch of generic bullshit when you had the likes of Stone Temple Pilots, Judas Priest, The Cult and Snoop fuckin' Dogg. It ain't fair, I tell you. At least they stopped that kind of thing with GT4, which had the same soundtrack between the western releases. By that point I had moved on to Forza though, so it didn't really matter.

I played the poo poo out of Forza 1. Loved Alpine Ring, Tokyo and the Rio track (which was very different to the one we have in Forza 6 now), hated Blue Mountain because I wasn't any good on that track (Viper vs. Corvette event :argh:). The Junkie XL instrumentals of classic rock songs like Iron Man and Frankenstein are still burned into my brain, even though I mainly used my custom soundtracks while playing. Forza 2 was such a massive disappointment, as the graphics and gameplay weren't really any better and they replaced all the cool tracks with the snake ones. :geno:

Endbuster
Jan 7, 2013

Cubey posted:

You can count on me anytime to bring you memories that you'd rather forget :tipshat:

PS the Turn 10 dude just set a 1:38.760. Have fun, everybody~

Man gently caress that guy. I have to lose a half second somewhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Whatever happened to the days when they'd have some dumb celebrity set a lap but it was dirty so everyone could get the car.

• Locked thread