Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ryonguy
Jun 27, 2013

Judge Schnoopy posted:

mmmfffff yes more shaky cam and half second camera cuts yeah that's a great way to watch an action scene

How else are you supposed to show a doughy 40 year old beating up a 20-something stuntman?

owns
\/\/\/

ryonguy has a new favorite as of 18:55 on Feb 12, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gamera009
Apr 7, 2005

ryonguy posted:

How else are you supposed to show a doughy 40 year old beating up a 20-something stuntman?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1rh_Z1xeV0 :colbert:

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Ghostlight posted:

Mine was that apparently she's cutting it in half while upside down and facing away from it.

She's doing a front flip, overhead swing.

welcome 2 Clown Town
Aug 1, 2006

GALAXY'S #2 SCULL*!

*scrunt skull

Bad Munki posted:

That bothered me the most too, it's a really sudden jerk when the car parts split ways, it's super jarring and awkward.

I mean there's a lot else there, but yeah, that's bad. I get it, they wanted her to cut a car in half, that'd cool, but the execution is just so bad.

Ghostlight posted:

Mine was that apparently she's cutting it in half while upside down and facing away from it.

goons - :spergin: the very attractive olivia munn is doing a neat stunt in a sexy outfit better complain and nitpick a mindless action film

world - *groans*

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

tomstuart posted:

goons - :spergin: the very attractive olivia munn is doing a neat stunt in a sexy outfit better complain and nitpick a mindless action film

world - *groans*

:goonsay:

It's cool, we get it, you've gone meta.

ryonguy
Jun 27, 2013

tomstuart posted:

mindless action film
Why do people who like lovely things always get so defensive over critiques of how lovely the things they like are? Just go "lol I know right?" instead of "UGH goons are SO PRETENTIOUS". You can like lovely films, it's okay, you don't have to go into some wank spiral of anti-criticism to defend your choices.

welcome 2 Clown Town
Aug 1, 2006

GALAXY'S #2 SCULL*!

*scrunt skull

ryonguy posted:

Why do people who like lovely things always get so defensive over critiques of how lovely the things they like are? Just go "lol I know right?" instead of "UGH goons are SO PRETENTIOUS". You can like lovely films, it's okay, you don't have to go into some wank spiral of anti-criticism to defend your choices.

:ironicat:

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
goddam stfu about superhero movies

make the gif thread great again

welcome 2 Clown Town
Aug 1, 2006

GALAXY'S #2 SCULL*!

*scrunt skull

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

nothing sadder than a bitch-made gunman.

Doctor Bishop
Oct 22, 2013

To understand what happened at the diner, we use Mr. Papaya. This is upsetting because he is the friendliest of fruits.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
http://i.imgur.com/bHHpLxD.gifv

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."
Some gifs courtesy of Joel Roset.

Bondematt
Jan 26, 2007

Not too stupid

This is perfect. How to break just about every rule in one video! Also slam firing is fun when done intentionally.

And it's a 20 gauge :v:

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Reverse Centaur posted:

http://i.imgur.com/qqtd2eP.gifv

That might be the first time where Batman has looked legitimately intimidating.

Cause this is my United States of Whatever!

Hargrimm
Sep 22, 2011

W A R R E N

Naked Man Punch
Sep 13, 2008

They see me rollin';
they hatin'.

ryonguy posted:

How else are you supposed to show a doughy fit 40 year old beating up a 20-something stuntman?

See also: First Strike's "ladder fight"

And since Sunday is.....some day, a perhaps appropriate gif from another (good) film:

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Judge Schnoopy posted:

mmmfffff yes more shaky cam and half second camera cuts yeah that's a great way to watch an action scene
It's a good way to get across the chaos and moment-to-moment of a fight, which is why it's always the best decision when it's a character who's supposed to be in control of the situation.

Inzombiac posted:

She's doing a front flip, overhead swing.
Yes, which is why she should be facing down, not directly away, when she completes it.

tomstuart posted:

Flipping over in a harness then being poorly composited into a digital scene is not a stunt.

This is a stunt.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Why, yes, I do like Kirby games.

Ghostlight posted:

This is a stunt.

Seeing that GIF makes me worry that, much like professional wrestling involves less and less wrestling, one day actually having people do live stuntwork will be banned as too dangerous.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

FredMSloniker posted:

Seeing that GIF makes me worry that, much like professional wrestling involves less and less wrestling, one day actually having people do live stuntwork will be banned as too dangerous.

To be fair doing that kind of thing means finding somebody like Jackie Chan again and...well...good luck with that. Dude is a unique gem in the acting world.

That particular scene hosed him up and he knew it would going in. His response was pretty much "nah gently caress it, I'm doing it anyway." The guy has had so many injuries absolutely nobody will sell him medical insurance and a doctor told him that one more blow to the head will kill him.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

ToxicSlurpee posted:

... and a doctor told him that one more blow to the head will kill him.

As advanced as medical science has become, I'm not sure they've quantified the "number of blows = death" ratio yet, nor how to determine the exact number of blows left in your head.

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

No but looking at brain and spinal structure, you can say one more hit to them will almost certainly kill someone

beepsandboops
Jan 28, 2014
Miss Lonelyhearts :smith:

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Why, yes, I do like Kirby games.

Naked Man Punch posted:

And since Sunday is.....some day, a perhaps appropriate gif from another (good) film:

Needs an anime pillow edit.

RolandTower
Nov 19, 2003

Guns n' Roses n' Deus Ex Machina
Bleak Gremlin

Arctic Baldwin posted:

No but looking at brain and spinal structure, you can say one more hit to them will almost certainly kill someone

You really can't

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

FredMSloniker posted:

Needs an anime pillow edit.

Hopefully the first time this has been said about a hitchcock film

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

RolandTower posted:

You really can't

The doctor could tell him that each new blow has a chance killing him, but you gotta say it in a harsh way to people prone to slowly killing themselves on purpose.

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

That's just the way he rolls.

nerdz posted:

The doctor could tell him that each new blow has a chance killing him, but you gotta say it in a harsh way to people prone to slowly killing themselves on purpose.

I wonder how many times Mick Foley's Doctor sat him down and had a talk.

Ak Gara has a new favorite as of 23:16 on Feb 13, 2016

Kikka
Feb 10, 2010

I POST STUPID STUFF ABOUT DOCTOR WHO
Holy poo poo :stare:

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

oh goodness I felt that

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
"Mick Foley: The Man who couldn't die!"

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.
It's worth noting that Foley took so much damage that he recounts how sometimes he would be driving home and suddenly have no idea where he lived.

Skaw
Aug 5, 2004
Also The Undertaker was extremely reluctant to throw him on to that table, but Mick said "do it or I'll jump anyway."

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice

Skaw posted:

Also The Undertaker was extremely reluctant to throw him on to that table, but Mick said "do it or I'll jump anyway."

Dammit now I have to go read his first book. Again. :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

And to think he's probably the sanest, most normal wrestler still alive from that generation