Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Forest Thief Pud
Dec 26, 2011
You can bring over your levels, equipment, master quartz, ect. with NG+ points, and you get a lot of stuff brought over with the 5 points you're given. With all that brought over, the game is pretty much a breeze up until maybe Chapter 6. The only thing that would be really hard is fighting the very last boss and getting extra levels makes it easier to beat apparently. Depending on how many campfire scenes you need, you might just want to do a third playthrough based on the criteria on how you get those scenes.

bloodychill posted:

Ugh I'm afraid to start Cold Steel because I'm afraid it's going to be other TitS1 situation where I want that sequel so hard and it's ages away.

They've said they're on schedule at the moment, with most of the main story translated and they're planning on starting on dub work in like March. I doubt it's going to be as bad as the three year wait between Sky FC and SC. That said, the ending to Cold Steel ends on a much bigger cliffhanger than Sky FC does, at least in my eyes.

Forest Thief Pud fucked around with this message at 02:03 on Feb 13, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

bloodychill posted:

Ugh I'm afraid to start Cold Steel because I'm afraid it's going to be other TitS1 situation where I want that sequel so hard and it's ages away.

Cold Steel II's localization is well underway. I've already seen XSeed staff tweeting about voice recording.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Forest Thief Pud posted:

You can bring over your levels, equipment, master quartz, ect. with NG+ points, and you get a lot of stuff brought over with the 5 points you're given. With all that brought over, the game is pretty much a breeze up until maybe Chapter 6. The only thing that would be really hard is fighting the very last boss and getting extra levels makes it easier to beat apparently. Depending on how many campfire scenes you need, you might just want to do a third playthrough based on the criteria on how you get those scenes.

Oh, that sounds good. PlayStationTrophies.org has a really good completion guide thst I used for the game but it kind of explained the campfire requirements awkwardly so I only got two out of like twelve potential scenes out of the picture. Apparently I can make a save at a certain point then just loop back once I've gotten a set of characters down and go for the knes I missed so with that and your help I think I'll take another trip to Trista right now! Thanks!

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

Recommended by 10 out of 10 Aragami

Policenaut posted:

Just finally finished Cold Steel, good lord Falcom sure as hell knows how to do an ending because I'm now dying to know just where the story goes after everything went wrong all at once. Gonna suck to wait like an entire year or so for the sequel! A quick question thoug: what's Nightmare difficulty like? Right now im thinking of either starting Cyber Sleuth or speed running Cold Steel on NG+ Nightmare to get the trophies I missed the first time around (I.e. School dance garbage) and get my platinum, but if it's going to be like a fifty hour slog even with the fast forward on I'll just go be a digi-tamer.

Digimon, digital monsters, Digimon are the champions!
According to a friend, it's actually "easy" since you can transfer all your stuff and levels.

Then again, he's the one who convinced me to start Tokyo Xanadu on Nightmare and I really regretted it. I actually enjoyed the challenge but some bosses were HELL no thanks to their massive HP.

e:f,b

Slur posted:

I heard it's a Bandai Namco game with a Bandai Namco translation with a Bandai Namco sensibility of game design.

Thus, it can never be good.
:frogout:

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Digimon Cyber Sleuth was done by Media Vision, not Bandai-Namco.

Forest Thief Pud
Dec 26, 2011
Pretty much make/keep a save right after you do the required student council assignments on the first day of the school festival preparations, and you should be golden. Anyone you do a free time event with chapter 6 is automatically able to do the campfire scene with you so long as you meet their Link requirements (Level 5 for the initial members of Class VII, between level 4 and 5 for Sara, 2000 link EXP for Towa, Level 4 for the others), so take someone different for the evening event, and then take three other different people to two events during the first day of the school festival. So far as I remember, I think the only way to get Towa's scene is by using tickets on her, but I could be wrong.

You can chump the boss before the various campfire events with the phys immunity spell and ruin his main gimmick. It also doubles as a way to be safe for his big dumb super move.

Also, the pace itself is really fast if you did everything else the first time around. I think my third playthrough where I skipped most of everything lasted about 6-7 hours at most, and that's with getting all the chests.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I finished Uncharted Vita. It wasn't bad.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
Print that on the back of the box.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

does it have any moe? if not i think you're in the wrong thread.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Policenaut posted:

Oh, that sounds good. PlayStationTrophies.org has a really good completion guide thst I used for the game but it kind of explained the campfire requirements awkwardly so I only got two out of like twelve potential scenes out of the picture. Apparently I can make a save at a certain point then just loop back once I've gotten a set of characters down and go for the knes I missed so with that and your help I think I'll take another trip to Trista right now! Thanks!

You should be good. I think if you have everyone at max link then the next run you should be able to get the bonfire requirements in one try for all of:
Towa (chapter 5)
Four from the list of Elliot, Laura, Machias, Emma, Jusis, Fie, Gaius, Sara (chapter 6)
One from the list of Alisa, Millium, Crow (chapter 6)
One of anyone from the bike event
Three of anyone from tickets

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

If you're willing to give up some of your stuff on NG+, you can choose unlimited friend-having time units instead. It's an expensive option, but then you can easily get everybody up on that bonfire.

LOVE LOVE SKELETON posted:

does it have any moe? if not i think you're in the wrong thread.

Neisan Dureiku is hella moe

Hwurmp fucked around with this message at 04:46 on Feb 13, 2016

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Motto posted:

Cold Steel II's localization is well underway. I've already seen XSeed staff tweeting about voice recording.

:gary:

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Slur posted:

I heard it's a Bandai Namco game with a Bandai Namco translation with a Bandai Namco sensibility of game design.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:
Did he compromise between having a sword on his back, a long cape, and a huge gap over his rear end?

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
hey, if you've got it, flaunt it

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Mithaldu posted:

Did he compromise between having a sword on his back, a long cape, and a huge gap over his rear end?

luke fon fabre is a flawed human being who just wants to make things right

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
What I don't get is why he chose the decoration of an angry demon face for the back of his coat.

Pureauthor fucked around with this message at 09:27 on Feb 13, 2016

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
It was that or the angel wings and he hated FF8

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Pureauthor posted:

What I don't get it why he chose the decoration of an angry demon face for the back of his coat/

cause it's neat

Megalixir
Nov 10, 2007

Vanillaware ltd.

Slur posted:

I've been seeing screenshots and the translation it's pretty messy, I'm puzzled as to why there's no Japanese PS4 version either.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Megalixir posted:

I've been seeing screenshots and the translation it's pretty messy, I'm puzzled as to why there's no Japanese PS4 version either.

The translation has some faults but nothing big, and the game was ported to PS4 especifically to cater at the western audience.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Megalixir posted:

I can't confirm it but would bet the reason why is "they only made a PS4 version because Namco-Bandai USA begged them to." Because that is the only reason there is a PS4 version of Tales of Zesteria.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
What do people dislike about the translation? I didn't see much problems so far. Maybe I turned a blind eye to some bad sentences or something.

Didn't know that PS4 factoid, that's really cool. Amazing what that crazy petition managed to achieve. Honestly if I hadn't seen so much support I might not have tried it since Digimon was never my thing.

Motto posted:

Last couple localization interviews I read said that dubbing happens kinda early comparatively. Like, there's still at least 5 or 6 months after dubbing or so.
Then again 5 months would be exceedingly fast.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Cold Steel 2 is going to be great because (Cold Steel 2 spoilers) Towa is a playable character. It's pretty much guaranteed to be better than Cold Steel 1 just for that.

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

I don't have a problem with Cyber Sleuth's translation as much as a weird decision they made. The protagonist is silent and speaks in punctuation, but only if other characters are around. If they're by themself, they speak in full sentences just fine. It's so odd and really stands out to me.

The actual game part is fun though and looks pretty nice.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:

bootlegging is a hell of a drug

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Why are there 2 Yukikos

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 9 days!

Junpei Hyde posted:

Why are there 2 Yukikos

because its persona 2

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Junpei Hyde posted:

Why are there 2 Yukikos

I wish there were more tbh.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 9 days!
2 yukikos is a mistake on a bootleg, but 2 chies is completely canon

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Junpei Hyde posted:

Why are there 2 Yukikos

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

That's a good picture of us all in the Vita thread

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 9 days!
im both chies

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

I want two yukikos to be honest, since she is in fact the best girl

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Mithaldu posted:

bootlegging is a hell of a drug

Why would you put Naoto in Mugi's place when Yukiko is the P4 equivalent of an ojou. :wtc:

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Oh: if I already own MH4U and love it, is it worth throwing :10bux: at Toukiden Kiwami?

It seems to have the rep of being the best MH ripoff?

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

voltcatfish posted:

Oh: if I already own MH4U and love it, is it worth throwing :10bux: at Toukiden Kiwami?

It seems to have the rep of being the best MH ripoff?

I think the demo is the whole first chapter of the game so you might want to try that (I think stuff carries over to the full game too)

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

I enjoyed Toukiden Kiwami a lot and would say that $10 is an excellent deal.

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
New flash holiday sale with perennial thread favorite Senran Kagura: Shinovi Versus up for $15 along with Soul Sacrifice Delta, Rayman Legends and some other stuff.

I have a feeling the Army of Two game is going to be pretty bad but I've spent $2 on worse things I guess????

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

cold steel 2's translation will be december at the latest and probably closer to september. They really want a fast turnaround, and I get the feeling they were doing preliminary translation work on iteven before CS1 was released.