Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

Birb Katter posted:

I don't know what you're talking about

He's trying to figure out who the goodies and baddies are

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

A man who can bite into a raw onion should never be at a loss for a reaction. I mean, picture one of those TV duels, his opponent calls him out on some bullshit and he just goes "yeah well can you do this *crunch*" and the duel will be over.

im pooping!
Nov 17, 2006

Birb Katter posted:

As far as I can guess he was told to never answer questions without coaching, probably as a result of answering questions without coaching. He performed admirably in that regard.

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

As someone in another country on the other side of the Pacific, I think my three favorite Abbott moments were the onion chomp, the goodies-and-baddies, and the wink heard 'round the world

tight aspirations
Jul 13, 2009

Why did he eat the onion, exactly? Seems a strange thing to do.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Jonathan Yeah! posted:

Why did he eat the onion, exactly? Seems a strange thing to do.

quote:

"I thought it was very important that I should show my support for the great products that the Tasmanian agricultural industry produces and, you know, I enjoy onions. I normally have them cooked on the barbecue, but I enjoy onions!"

Countdown to Abbot feasting on the flesh of a living sheep

SpaceGoatFarts has a new favorite as of 15:57 on Feb 12, 2016

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

JPrime posted:

And then the Skate series came, crushed all of that, and then disappeared again. :negative:

Has Cumberbatch ever acknowledged the weird names people call him? I'd love to see his reaction to something like this :allears:

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

Ozz81 posted:

Has Cumberbatch ever acknowledged the weird names people call him? I'd love to see his reaction to something like this :allears:

I know he knows about the fanfiction. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVRDQacBVh0

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

Ozz81 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYKdmjq5lyg

Flyball
Apr 17, 2003

Ozz81 posted:

Surely it started when he was quite young, so he's probably pretty used to it, and would only care if he was a big loving baby.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

skander posted:

Surely it started when he was quite young, so he's probably pretty used to it, and would only care if he was a big loving baby.

The last thing I want to see is his big weird face all scrunched up and red from blubbering.

A BLOO BLOO

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost

Ozz81 posted:

His mother told him not to use his real surname professionally, not because it is a very silly name, but because his family built their fortune running a Barbados slave plantation in the 1800s and she was worried it would make him a target for reparation claims by the descendants of slaves.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Feed of the "Tagesschau", one of the leading news shows in Germany, is setting the priorities straight:

"Chancellor Merkel met with internationally renowned human rights attorney Amal Clooney in order to discuss the refugee crisis. Clooney was accompanied by her husband, an actor."

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

We must hope that our current selves will one day step aside to make room for better versions of us.

mcbexx posted:

Feed of the "Tagesschau", one of the leading news shows in Germany, is setting the priorities straight:

Are you being sarcastic? Because that seems exactly the right way to put that, considering the context of the meeting.

Judge Schnoopy
Nov 2, 2005

dont even TRY it, pal

Just Offscreen posted:

Are you being sarcastic? Because that seems exactly the right way to put that, considering the context of the meeting.

I think it's more the photo they chose, where George is speaking and is heavily prominent. You'd figure by the description they should be showing Amal and Merkel hashing out issues while George listens intently.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Josef K. Sourdust posted:

Hang on - doesn't this imply that the joke goes over my own head, not over your head? If the drawing is supposed to represent the butt of the joke, who is the "your mom"? :shrug:

"The joke is going over my head, but idgaf cuz your mom is blowing me."

I Am Crake
Mar 31, 2010

There is so much beautiful in the world if you look around. You are only looking at the dirt under your feet, Jimmy. It's not good for you.

Just Offscreen posted:

Yes, it's the right way to put it and it's amazing they put it this way, because most likely any other publication would've just focused on the bigger name.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I would kill to look like Benedict Cumberbatch. Also, with the accent.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

The picture should show them talking, not George. Hear, say, do. Journalism 101. I.e. Don't put up "massive serial killer on the loose." And show a picture of some random dude who was there. Or a quarantine zone for troops returning from overseas during the Ebola and show soldiers in the area that aren't in quarantine.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

The Ape of Naples posted:

I would kill to look like Benedict Cumberbatch. Also, with the accent.

I could beat your face in with a tire iron if you wanted.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Johnny Aztec posted:

I could beat your face in with a tire iron if you wanted.

Man don't be like that to Brian Peppers, the only person uglier than Ben Cum. Just cum.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

nockturne posted:

I've been looking for an article about Abbott for years. It was a piece by one of the journalists who got stuck with him outback. It was focused on his eating habits. They were robotically strange.

Someone must remember this.

Gotcha

http://www.news.com.au/opinion/tony-abbott-drinks-and-eats-like-he-runs-fast/story-fnh4jt54-1226713177996

Daily Telegraph posted:

Abbott cracks a beer, sits on it a moment, then drains it, clean, in one go.

Then he crushes the can.

A glass of white wine goes like a shooter in a Manly pub.

As for food, I was sitting opposite Abbott at a barbecue. I cut a seven mm rope of fat from my porterhouse, discarding it to the edge of my plate.

Abbott finished his dinner before everyone else, and was looking around for more.

He said to me, eyeing off my fat: "Are you going to eat that?"

"No," I said.

His fork speared the fat and he swallowed it in a single gulp.

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM
LIBERALS WILL BE RE-ELECTED IN A LANDSLIDE

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
what kind of pussy cuts the fat off his steak?

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Johnny Aztec posted:

Chuck

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
So, anyone got any funny pictures?

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

i will pay good money to see that guy from top gear strung up from a lamp post

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

Birb Katter posted:

Counterpoint, have you ever seen a monkey eat a raw onion?

The comic by David Pope about his loss of office was pretty incredible:

Budgie smuggler

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

Snapchat A Titty posted:

i will pay good money to see that guy from top gear strung up from a lamp post

What did Stig ever do to you?

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

CzarChasm posted:

What did Stig ever do to you?

not that guy, the other guy

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

Snapchat A Titty posted:

The one who punched Piers Morgan in the face?

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Snapchat A Titty posted:

Chris Evans can't have pissed you off that badly already

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Birb Katter posted:

Yes! Thank you! One of the most awkward head of state things I've ever seen.

A problem has been detected and Tony Abbott has been shut down to prevent damage to your ruling party

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Jeremy Clarkson is one of our planet's dearest treasures.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

PCOS Bill posted:

Jeremy Clarkson is one of our planet's dearest treasures.

If by that you mean we should bury him on a desert Island, then I'm inclined to agree.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Lizard Combatant posted:

If by that you mean we should bury him on a desert Island, then I'm inclined to agree.

No I mean he should be on a pedestal, dispensing wit and wisdom to all those who seek his presence.

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:

PCOS Bill posted:

No I mean he should be on a pedestal, dispensing wit and wisdom to all those who seek his presence.

So locked alone in an empty room?

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

PCOS Bill posted:

Cast alive in bronze for preference.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Johnny Aztec posted:

That skinny fucker, Jack.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
http://i.imgur.com/x4w9WC9.webm

• Locked thread