Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

Trig Discipline posted:

whoa neat

probably spent too much time on this nonsense for now anyway, btu that is p cool

yeah probably not actually useful and definitely not appropriate for an istp but its a p cool thing to read about

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Sagebrush posted:

it's an inline 6, right? should have perfect balance. maybe something internal is physically busted

dohc v8, no variable valve timing bullshit, just 32 valves 8 spark plugs and a whole lot of twist. built like a brick shithouse. i dont think anythings Wrong wrong.

so far 3 diff places are suggesting "run the piss out of it for a bit" and i think thats exactly what i'll do

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe
idk if it was this thread or ye olde computer thread, but hell with it. "fixed" my atari jaguar after plugging a power brick into it that output AC.

this is the main voltage regulator. the original one had a hole in it. i have never done SMD soldering before, sorry :(
i lifted and tore off the pad for the front left pin trying to remove the old exploded regulator, so some hookup wire came to the rescue. and yeah, i'm aware the hookup wire is close to touching the other pin. i'll fix it when i open the jaguar back up to replace the popped audio voltage regulator.

i forgot to replace the audio system voltage regulator, so there's no sound, but

i used Checkered Flag as a test cartridge because it's a super lovely game and no one would be sad if my puttering around led to it getting fried.

idk if it's the jaguar or the RF->coax converter, but the picture has always been fuzzy like this.

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

Jeez Ac power brick. The only thing that I can think of that used one of those was the original NES. It's just a transformer and the diodes and smoothing caps are in the console itself. It actually owns because you can use a DC brick with it no problemo

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe
it's an atari 2600 power brick. i saw that it output 9V and thought it'd work. wish i'd kept reading, because it says "9V AC" :rolleyes:

edit: and the Jaguar is suffering big time from the Red Screen of Death :(

Doc Block fucked around with this message at 07:41 on Feb 12, 2016

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

i think markof the beast would be improved by doing like first half of tweet from technical source, second half of tweet from damnation source. seems right now to be whole thing from whole corpus?

longview
Dec 25, 2006

heh.
NMT 450 update:

still unsure how the handset communicates, but i figured out the synthesizer control interface

it's literally just a one-way SPI port with two latch lines, and two lock detect outputs

looking at the lock detect outputs i can see the ref frequency is 12.5 kHz, corresponding to a 12.5 kHz channel raster, writes are 24 bit but only 16 bits are used. multiplying the decimal value of any 24 bit transfer by 12.5kHz gives frequencies in the telephone TX range, and the RX LO range as previously measured.

couldn't see anything special about the first write either, but before the initial write it looks like the ref divider is randomly set.

up next is probably figuring out the transmitter on/off and high/low power functionality, then i should have the adapters i need to start poking at the handset interface.

hooking up a mcu dev board to the synths is also feasible, then i can verify that i know how to set them to an arbitrary frequency, and test how far down the VCOs go

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
yeah it's not back to where it was 100% smooth running but that roar is back on the throttle rev

vibrations are way down, tick nearly gone. come on new oil do your thing

and of course my insurance doesnt kick in till midnight so i cant get paper tags and its some dumbshit holiday on monday so BLEH i gotta wait and do all this tuesday

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

Bloody posted:

i think markof the beast would be improved by doing like first half of tweet from technical source, second half of tweet from damnation source. seems right now to be whole thing from whole corpus?

yeah the ones where it manages to switch from the unholy texts to the modern stuff are definitely the funny ones.

https://twitter.com/markov_thebeast/status/697993864607498241

https://twitter.com/markov_thebeast/status/698103558290280448

https://twitter.com/markov_thebeast/status/698043117576957953

but the algorithm it's using is entirely stochastic and doesn't really allow that sort of fuckery. could definitely develop a better one if i put some time in, but :effort:

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

has anyone made a twitter bot that makes markov chains using the tweets of users who follow it? idk could either be terrible or funny.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

cheese-cube posted:

has anyone made a twitter bot that makes markov chains using the tweets of users who follow it? idk could either be terrible or funny.

oh snap that is genius

wouldn't be too hard to do with the R package either

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
call it Markov Polov for the whole call and response aspect

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
or Markov Chamber

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Trig Discipline posted:

call it Markov Polov for the whole call and response aspect

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
Markov Rubber You're Glue

i love the idea btw

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

i would do it myself but my track-record for actually following through on projects is pretty terrible. can someone make my dream a reality?

e: lol markov polo

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
i may take a stab at it

not sure whether the r package lets you grab people's followers, but it probably does

The Eyes Have It
Feb 10, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums
That's a really great idea.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
okay markov polov is already working but it's only got me as a follower so it's boring af

https://twitter.com/markov_polov

it scrapes followers' tweets and rebuilds the ngram every ten minutes, then makes a post

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast

Trig Discipline posted:

okay markov polov is already working but it's only got me as a follower so it's boring af

it scrapes followers' tweets and rebuilds the ngram every ten minutes, then makes a post

loving In.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Sniep posted:

loving In.

yesssssss

you have been on twitter way longer than me, so you seriously just increased the ngram table by a factor of 14. it is currently mostly a sniepbot

https://twitter.com/markov_polov/status/698366265946038272

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

Trig Discipline posted:

Nice! in like flynn

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

cheese-cube posted:

Nice! in like flynn

are you pile of garbage

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

I've got a bunch of automatic IFTTT url tweets pointing to my tumblr for burly pics, I hope they don't poison the well. Let me know and I'll unfollow.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

NoneMoreNegative posted:

I've got a bunch of automatic IFTTT url tweets pointing to my tumblr for burly pics, I hope they don't poison the well. Let me know and I'll unfollow.

i've got it automatically deleting all URLs so it doesn't just become a wall of goatse links that randomly tags people

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

Trig Discipline posted:

i've got it automatically deleting all URLs so it doesn't just become a wall of goatse links that randomly tags people

wow please make tihs bot

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
well drat, i've hit the rate limit

going to have to figure out how to throttle it back so i don't keep getting kicked

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Trig Discipline posted:

Took the opportunity to do some spring cleaning anyway, deleted all the auto tweets from my page. Now I just have griping about the weather and being ill.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Trig Discipline posted:

well drat, i've hit the rate limit

going to have to figure out how to throttle it back so i don't keep getting kicked

i'm pretty sure that a girl i went to school with is directly responsible for the implementation of twitter's rate limit

she wrote her thesis on twitter and decided that in order to get the best data, she needed all the tweets. every single one of them.

she tied up our connection for like two weeks solid (in 2009) scraping every single tweet right back to the beginning and dumping them onto like 20 terabytes of raid

then she would re-scrape every evening for new data

a couple of months into this, twitter announced their rate limitation, and she had a near hysterical breakdown that it was going to ruin her research

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
lol

i did something like that with google's ngram api. i learned that they have varying levels of ban from "hey that's a bit much" to "you're really kind of wearing out your welcome, calm down for an hour and come back" to "gently caress YOU BUDDY"

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
experimenting with new version that waits a minute between grabbing tweets for each person, which means it will get slower and slower as people follow it

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

Bloody posted:

are you pile of garbage

yeah mang

also markov polo already delivering great results:

https://twitter.com/markov_polov/status/698376675055173632

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
poo poo keeps dying though. either the ngram package or the twitter package is unstable as a motherfuck, all four bots die on the reg

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

cheese-cube posted:

yeah mang

also markov polo already delivering great results:

https://twitter.com/markov_polov/status/698376675055173632

lol echo is a bro of mine, he'll get notification of the mention and be all WTF is this

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
and they don't die gracefully either, just FAAART no error message and kill the entire R environment

The Eyes Have It
Feb 10, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums

Sagebrush posted:

i'm pretty sure that a girl i went to school with is directly responsible for the implementation of twitter's rate limit

she wrote her thesis on twitter and decided that in order to get the best data, she needed all the tweets. every single one of them.

she tied up our connection for like two weeks solid (in 2009) scraping every single tweet right back to the beginning and dumping them onto like 20 terabytes of raid

then she would re-scrape every evening for new data

a couple of months into this, twitter announced their rate limitation, and she had a near hysterical breakdown that it was going to ruin her research

Holy loving lol

By the way i am a confused grandpa how does twitter suggest "similar" people to follow?

I hope it's heuristic is some way because i checked out Markov polov and it suggests a local news organization as a similar feed I might be interested in

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/markov_polov/status/698381273136402432

i'm guessing this is mostly echi lol

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

lol yeah that's our echi :allears:

Mister Sinewave posted:

Holy loving lol

By the way i am a confused grandpa how does twitter suggest "similar" people to follow?

I hope it's heuristic is some way because i checked out Markov polov and it suggests a local news organization as a similar feed I might be interested in

you mean the "who to follow" box? that's just based off your recent activity. e.g. i was berating telstra recently so it was like "hey follow @telstra!" lol

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
thinking i may split it into two scripts; one grabs the tweets once a day, the other uses the twitfile to babble every thirty minutes or so

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
lmao