Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Well as usual I decided to buy a game at 4am in the morning. Surely a wise decision. If you play on ps4 and like getting shot in the butt by your teammate, add me: leidend

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

Reverse Centaur posted:

Well as usual I decided to buy a game at 4am in the morning. Surely a wise decision. If you play on ps4 and like getting shot in the butt by your teammate, add me: leidend

Unlock fuze first! Enjoy.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
New operator can destroy trapdoors in the ceiling and grapple upward to attack from below

http://i.imgur.com/dwOkJy9.mp4

Also immune to knives

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Cardboard Box A posted:

New operator can destroy trapdoors in the ceiling and grapple upward to attack from below

http://i.imgur.com/dwOkJy9.mp4

Also immune to knives

Yeah, that was always a consideration that was kinda lacking, so that's cool. Now idiots who reinforce trapdoors on the same floor won't look so dumb after all, now will they? :downs:

Granted it's probably still gonna be poo poo for attacking directly, only good for traversing outside the objective area(s).

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Cardboard Box A posted:

I legit think this is a good idea and hope we get an operator who does this, because it would make trapdoors on the floor below more useful than for just chucking frags through.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Nice fix Ubi

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

When (that's no) moon hits this guy like a big Twi'lek guy: Liberatore!
We already can breach trapdoors from below (Ash, shotguns), so why not just give everyone the ability to rappel up to them?

An operator that exclusively did this would be kinda lame. You wouldn't get to use your special ability half the time as enemies would reinforce said trapdoors, which aren't even in strategically sound positions for most objectives.

Orv
May 4, 2011
It would need to be some kind of sci-fi system that blew it open and hoisted you to standing level in the above room in one go. Hatch blows, immediately Guy McOperator is moved into a stable firing position hanging from the roof. Any delay and it'd be utterly pointless in a combat situation, and given the necessary audio cues it'd probably be countered every time anyway.

Clinton1011
Jul 11, 2007
Hit registration feels so much better after this last patch, I can reliably get headshots again.

Foehammer
Nov 8, 2005

We are invincible.

Squeegy posted:

Nice fix Ubi

Proportions look fine to me :colbert:

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Hard, can we have more Epeen stats tracked on the stat website? Things list highest number of kills in a game, number of Ace etc. I need things to masturbate too.

Also, Thermite is confused about what nation he works for:

BadLlama fucked around with this message at 18:33 on Feb 12, 2016

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

keyframe posted:

Hit detection works great with the patch. Thanks Hard & devs!

Lieeessssss
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGKABiYxXsw

Tempus Rimeblood
Sep 23, 2007

...Friendship? Again?

BadLlama posted:

Hard, can we have more Epeen stats tracked on the stat website? Things list highest number of kills in a game, number of Ace etc. I need things to masturbate too.

Also, Thermite is confused about what nation he works for:

Is that really the GSG9 shotgun?

mellowjournalism
Jul 31, 2004

helllooo
Yeah but the 870 is made in murica? IQ still has a MEUSOC in her art.

Psst also y'all are trippin if you think you only take Jager for the anti-grenade defensssse

ghetto wormhole posted:

Mostly because they've got a stupidly long timer on them so you've got to sit there with your thumb up your rear end for like six seconds while the enemy casually walks away from the grenade. You can't even cook them. Unlike frag grenades which a good player can use to unavoidably kill you.

Hard can you please tell the balance people to change the flashbang timer to like 1.5 seconds like they are in real life?

Seconded big time.

edit: or just let us cook them?? :stare:

ghetto wormhole posted:

Throw them through a door or a window or a drone hole or a hole above the reinforcement or a hole in the ceiling? Thatcher would still be very good. I don't think it's particularly crazy to say that the guy who's entire shtick is countering grenades should be pretty drat good at countering grenades.

As it is now Thatcher can just toss an EMP next to the wall of the room and take out most/all of the electronics in the room and there's jack poo poo Jaeger or anyone can do about it besides going outside to shoot him first. He's a zero option counter to FIVE(+pulse?) different defenders plus any nitro cells that are already down. If it's a big room he might have to take 10 more seconds to run to the other side and throw another EMP at the outside of the opposite wall too.

I don't really think Thatcher is super OP but compared to IQ or Twitch he fills a similar role and does it 100x better for 1/100th of the effort. And it's not like Jaeger is a super popular pick anyway.

Yeah this. 90% of the time I'm playing Thermite and there's no Thatcher around, I pop a frag in the nearest mouse/murderhole, kill the jammers and place my charge. It also feels like I'm actually doing something. IMO it would be more fun if Thatcher had to do the same thing instead of just saying "oh hey gently caress everything electronic for fifty meters"

I also would actually prefer if some reinforced walls could get locked the gently caress down because of this and Jager. It would make for more actual objective-room camping (the original design of the game, as opposed to this roaming-heavy meta that's developed), flashbangs would be more useful, and so would IQ. As it is, Thatcher is a zero-effort "just remember to bring him" operator which isn't great design and doesn't contribute very well to the fun of this game.

mellowjournalism fucked around with this message at 22:24 on Feb 12, 2016

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013
Buck is actually really fun to play IMO. The shotgun is really good for making kill holes and knocking down barricades. Maybe you'll say "but Ash does it better" and you're right, but Buck has got a shitload of shotgun shells and Ash has like two breaching rounds, plus sometimes you only want a small hole to peek through.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Here's a better idea that makes Thatcher less ridiculous and also buffs Twitch a little (she still needs all her drones to be shock drones, though): make it so the EMP effect deactivates all electronics for 10s, instead of destroying them.

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

yellowjournalism posted:

It would make for more actual objective-room camping (the original design of the game, as opposed to this roaming-heavy meta that's developed),

If the trailer is to be believed, "objective-room camping" does not seem to have ever been the original design of the game and the roaming make the game a heck of a lot more dynamic and fun than if the defenders just sat in the room

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Could always just give thatcher one nade, that way you really have to coordinate with you thermite otherwise a good D will have jammers and batteries on the poo poo you want to blow in 2 seconds.

Also, if you are new, please do not play Thermite, grab someone else.

mellowjournalism
Jul 31, 2004

helllooo

OctaMurk posted:

If the trailer is to be believed, "objective-room camping" does not seem to have ever been the original design of the game and the roaming make the game a heck of a lot more dynamic and fun than if the defenders just sat in the room

Yeah I don't actually mean that much of an extreme. I just mean that I don't mind having a couple reinforced walls be buttoned up tighter than "toss an emp in the general area and it's blown"

It would be more interesting to force fuze and people to toss stun/smoke (that half the time they don't even use at all) to burn out jager's defenses, and you'd have to use mouseholes or make murder holes to get your EMPs in. EMP range needs to be reduced and I think drat near everyone can agree on that at this point.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Clinton1011 posted:

Hit registration feels so much better after this last patch, I can reliably get headshots again.

Yeah they loosened it back up to release levels, it's bad the other way now

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

They didn't fix the Yacht glitch, you can still get in the roof

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm

Squeegy posted:

They didn't fix the Yacht glitch, you can still get in the roof

Yeah got anything on that ? All i saw was a pixelated picture with Korean loc.

Hornet
Nov 13, 2007
Gamer
how to win:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujQpEzdyzsg&t=11s

Hornet fucked around with this message at 02:02 on Feb 13, 2016

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

This is fantastic

Orv
May 4, 2011
Hammer speed is the best change made to this game. :allears:

Doctor_Acula
May 24, 2011
Twice this week I've encountered Glaz players who think it's hilarious to "accidentally" team kill the entire team.

I just don't get it.

Orv
May 4, 2011
There's been a weird rise in the number of literal children, that might be it.

Doctor_Acula
May 24, 2011
Probably. They should implement a F1/F2 kick option. It's so arcane. I was playing with my buddy and had to walk him through how to vote yes on my kick request. It's not very intuitive.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Team killers & grouped up bullies are the worst part of the game. It sucks when some 3 squad team kills you & then vote kicks you, and you can't really do anything about it because they have the majority of the votes on the team. Sucks when I'm solo queuing too, because Im generally very chill and just like to play and try to win. Had a group demand I unmute my mic or be shot, as if they had never heard of push to talk, and of course they teamkilled me anyways and then spent the entire round trying to vote kick me but failing somehow and then we lost.

I've seen a lot more teamkilling & leaving in general lately and it stinks because finding matches isnt as easy on PS4 as I imagine it is on PC.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

While casual is casual I think they need some punishments on tkers, and leavers in casual. Getting a decent 5v5 casual matches is getting less and less rare. I don't want the extreme poo poo of ranked but a little less fuckery in casual would be nice.

Doctor_Acula
May 24, 2011
Yeah, I see a lot of people nowadays who leave as soon as they die in round 1. This is on pc.

Though it would be hard to punish this, since I know on my end sometimes the game just hard locks and dumps me to the desktop for no discernable reason. I haven't figured out why, and there's no common thing sparking it. I think it's AMD drivers.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Doctor_Acula posted:

Yeah, I see a lot of people nowadays who leave as soon as they die in round 1. This is on pc.

Though it would be hard to punish this, since I know on my end sometimes the game just hard locks and dumps me to the desktop for no discernable reason. I haven't figured out why, and there's no common thing sparking it. I think it's AMD drivers.

I wish they would have alternate messages. One for people who quit and one for people who disconnect due to connection/error. I can never tell. I assume its babies rage quitting because they died. It galls me too because its round 1, jfc nooblord idiot we can still win and you can get kills in the next 2-4 rounds.

rldmoto
Oct 17, 2011

I'm an idiot.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

Jerkface posted:

Team killers & grouped up bullies are the worst part of the game. It sucks when some 3 squad team kills you & then vote kicks you, and you can't really do anything about it because they have the majority of the votes on the team. Sucks when I'm solo queuing too, because Im generally very chill and just like to play and try to win. Had a group demand I unmute my mic or be shot, as if they had never heard of push to talk, and of course they teamkilled me anyways and then spent the entire round trying to vote kick me but failing somehow and then we lost.

I've seen a lot more teamkilling & leaving in general lately and it stinks because finding matches isnt as easy on PS4 as I imagine it is on PC.

I only play in a group of 3 or more because of this. We have killed and kicked people a couple times but only after they do something we specifically asked them not to do* or they are shooting at us first. It is nice when someone is a dick and tries to kick one of us and we flip on him.

* I put a fuze up on a barricaded window into the hazardous container room and the jackass pubbie shoots Ash's rocket at it before I set it off. We ask them not to do that and they do it again the next attacking round. Killed/kicked.

Keshik
Oct 27, 2000

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZLaE2ri38I

I'm so proud of this. :)

Also, holy poo poo that shadow is great. More maps could use stuff like that, really dramatic lighting with long shadows being cast.

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

Keshik posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZLaE2ri38I

I'm so proud of this. :)

Also, holy poo poo that shadow is great. More maps could use stuff like that, really dramatic lighting with long shadows being cast.

That's amazing, didnt' even know that was possible.

Finlands Sexiest
Feb 26, 2007
I wish there was some kind of playedfullmatch/ragequit stat right next to w/l and k/d stats

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

Twitch is really funny and zapping people and making them panic is really cool.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler
I want to see a survival mode where a team has to fend off endless waves of Twitch drones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black_Plague22
Apr 4, 2006
JA?!

automaticswim posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oaZZsQdqP0s

this fuckin' game.

1:35 is the important part where you hear a knife hit a shield. just watch.

A few pages back, but I'm glad you recorded this. I was on the other team and I kept telling my friend to run in and melee the shield. Couldn't stop laughing at the end of round replay of him shooting the hostage.

• Locked thread