Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

KingKapalone posted:

Has anyone seen Black Sabbath on this tour? I've never seen them and my friend wants to buy tickets tonight/tomorrow morning for next week, but they're ~$150. I'd essentially be going to say that I've seen them, but can Ozzy even form words anymore?

Ozzy is the least important part. I saw them for 80 bucks in literally the worst seats in the house and it was great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
depends if bill ward is on the tour or not

KingKapalone
Dec 20, 2005
1/16 Native American + 1/2 Hungarian = Totally Badass

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

No, he isn't.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
dont bother, then

ElectricWizard
Oct 21, 2008

KingKapalone posted:

Has anyone seen Black Sabbath on this tour? I've never seen them and my friend wants to buy tickets tonight/tomorrow morning for next week, but they're ~$150. I'd essentially be going to say that I've seen them, but can Ozzy even form words anymore?

I saw them on the last European tour, with Uncle Acid supporting. They were surprisingly good, and only played a few tracks from 13. A lengthy drum solo kind of brought it down a notch, but can't blame the other guys from needing a break. Ozzy sounded a lot better than expected, and still has some energy on stage. I went to see Tony and Geezer though, so Ozzy not ruining it was just a bonus.

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

Setlist looks pretty dang boring.could of thrown some suprises in it.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Possibly Chicken posted:

Setlist looks pretty dang boring.could of thrown some suprises in it.

After Forever, Hand of Doom and Under the Sun are expected? You guys are fickle as hell.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

not only is he not touring with them they've basically memory holed the guy

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE

Giblet Plus! posted:

Nice thanks for posting that. Anyone in MN?

I'd probably go but, it's the same night as the Voivod/Vektor tour and I am not missing my chance to see Vektor.

Cheapsteaks
Apr 25, 2008

Getting a heavy metal avatar leads to far fewer regrets than a heavy metal tattoo.

comes along bort posted:

Complete with the drummer for Ozzy's band acting as the scab drummer.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Cheapsteaks posted:

Complete with the drummer for Ozzy's band acting as the scab drummer.

It's not as egregious as having Mike Bordin and Robert Trujillo record over Lee Kerslake and Bob Daisley's parts on the reissues of the first couple Ozzy albums to avoid having to pay oyalties

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

comes along bort posted:

It's not as egregious as having Mike Bordin and Robert Trujillo record over Lee Kerslake and Bob Daisley's parts on the reissues of the first couple Ozzy albums to avoid having to pay oyalties

That was the shittiest move in metal for a while, wasn't it?

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

comes along bort posted:

If you go on the official website all the pictures from the 70s are cropped dictatorship style.

Gamma Nerd
May 14, 2012
cool, another preview for the next Wormed album
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xRicxMzZY2Q

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

dxt posted:

I'd probably go but, it's the same night as the Voivod/Vektor tour and I am not missing my chance to see Vektor.
good choice, I wanted to totally rage to Vektor's set last night but I ended up just being mesmerized at how insanely good those guys are at what they do. Voivod owned, one of the most fun bands I've seen for sure. Eight Bells was also cool, those girls rock.. I bought their bass player a drink after their set and chatted with her a bit. Pretty sure I remember her saying they were going to play with VHOL sometime after this.

CmdrSmirnoff
Oct 27, 2005
happy happy happy happy happy happy happy happy happy

Possibly Chicken posted:

If you go on the official website all the pictures from the 70s are cropped dictatorship style.

I thought you might be exaggerating so I went there and holy poo poo

I'm sure it's Sharon's fault somehow

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat

Possibly Chicken posted:

lol this is amazing.

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

Like doctored pictures of Soviet leaders...

Shark Sandwich
Sep 6, 2010

by R. Guyovich
They also basically disappear the Dio years on the official history which is just as heinous IMO.

funeral fag
Jun 23, 2004

I've been binge drinking and getting into bargain bin soviet heavy/speed metal bands and I'm gonna share some with yall

SPRUT had this ridiculously poo poo album cover but the music is cool and the lady vocalist had a pretty decent set of pipes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSmcXN2jthM

MAGNIT had a fully badass album cover and good songs to boot. The rhythm section went on to form Credo who are okay too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01M3LWeSFjc

KRUZ are slightly better known I guess. The main riff is so great

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SydJGRuArzg

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

funeral fag posted:

I've been binge drinking and getting into bargain bin soviet heavy/speed metal bands and I'm gonna share some with yall

SPRUT had this ridiculously poo poo album cover but the music is cool and the lady vocalist had a pretty decent set of pipes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSmcXN2jthM

MAGNIT had a fully badass album cover and good songs to boot. The rhythm section went on to form Credo who are okay too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01M3LWeSFjc

KRUZ are slightly better known I guess. The main riff is so great

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SydJGRuArzg

have you heard Korrozia Metalla? early stuff is pretty cool speed/thrash: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_9F9KbAebE
later they got more nationalistic and released an album called "Computer Hitler"

HeavingGirth
Oct 6, 2014

I've been really into this album as of late, and it's good to see the funds from the re-release going to Jim Konya's funeral expenses: http://hellsheadbangers.bandcamp.com/album/from-the-depths

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn
Ghost won the Grammy for best metal performance. :cool:

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
They seem like they'd put on a good show regardless of your opinion on their music.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
grammys lol

but good for Ghost

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

muike posted:

They seem like they'd put on a good show regardless of your opinion on their music.

They do. They also sound quite a bit heavier live, which is cool.

In other news, the new Rotting Christ is so loving good.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
Ghost live is really good

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Hulk Krogan posted:

In other news, the new Rotting Christ is so loving good.

Counterpoint: it sucks. Unless you loooooove midpaced chanting

Von Sloneker
Jul 6, 2009

as if all this was something more
than another footnote on a postcard from nowhere,
another chapter in the handbook for exercises in futility
If you like Cultes des Ghoules, this should do the trick.

https://ironboneheadproductions.bandcamp.com/album/hostium-the-bloodwine-of-satan

Best thing I've heard this year and I'm feverishly awaiting my copy to arrive from NWN.

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

god music awards are so dumb, already seen tons of morons on social media suddenly care about the Grammys and crying that Ghost isn't metal and Lamb of God should have won... for what though I have no idea.

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

I was never enjoying it. I only eat it for the nutrients.

Varg posted:

god music awards are so dumb, already seen tons of morons on social media suddenly care about the Grammys and crying that Ghost isn't metal and Lamb of God should have won... for what though I have no idea.
I'm pretty sure there's a diarrhea trough directly connecting Randy Blythe's rear end to the Grammy nomination committee's private lunchroom.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Varg posted:

The last time I gave a poo poo about the Grammys beyond hearing second-hand who got the award for Best Metal/Hard Rock Performance was whenever Daft Punk was nominated and won for "Get Lucky", and even then it was only because I love Discovery and Human After All. "Get Lucky" is a pretty lovely song.

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

I was never enjoying it. I only eat it for the nutrients.

symbolic posted:

"Get Lucky" is a pretty lovely song.
Also it's the exact same song as "Around the World"

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

:siren:This poster loves police brutality, but only when its against minorities!:siren:

Put this loser on ignore immediately!
FFDP should cover Daft Punk next IMHO

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

DeusExMachinima posted:

FFDP should cover Daft Punk next IMHO
FFDP should be legally barred from covering any song at all.

TheIllestVillain
Dec 27, 2011

Sal, Wyoming's not a country

Henchman of Santa posted:

Counterpoint: it sucks. Unless you loooooove midpaced chanting

wrong

its definitely the best thing theyve done since theogonia

henpod
Mar 7, 2008

Sir, we have located the Bioweapon.
College Slice
I've never heard Rotting Christ before this new album and I like it. Reminds me of Septic Flesh

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

So Amon Amarth is releasing their new album on the 25th of March, and both Cult of Luna and Hatebreed releases new albums.
Looks like this will be a good year.

On the RPG themed bands, apparently there is a band named Ereb Altor, which I had forgotten.
That is like 2 Swedish metal bands with names from Drakar och Demoner, the Swedish version of Dungeons & Dragons (which incidentally is a completely different RPG than D&D).
In case anyone wondered whether metal bands were complete nerds or not?

Groke
Jul 27, 2007
New Adventures In Mom Strength

Cardiac posted:

In case anyone wondered whether metal bands were complete nerds or not?

Slough Feg released a whole concept album based on the Traveller RPG.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shakenbaker
Nov 14, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Groke posted:

Slough Feg released a whole concept album based on the Traveller RPG.

And it loving rules :black101: