Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I prefer Bew personally

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Y'all mean Djinn Boo, right?

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
I like Bloo

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
Time for more GT! This time it's episode 6: Like Pulling Teeth
  • According to the subtitles this episode is called “That hurts a bit!? Goku the dentist”. I wonder if they're using the dub episode names for the Hulu episode titles.
  • When I first saw the title I thought the episode would be about Goku needing a tooth pulled on some alien planet. The potential episode I wrote in my head ended up being far more entertaining than what I actually watched.
  • Sure is convenient that so many planets in this universe support human life.
  • Pan, please don't eat random space flower goo. Butterflies stick their bug junk in there.
  • Pan helpfully points out that she could have smacked the poo poo out of the giant bees at any time, yet chose to wait until they dragged her into the giant bee hive for no reason whatsoever.
  • I don't care how cute they are. I am NOT picking up and hugging giant bee larvae.
  • The boys accidentally rescue a bee instead of Pan. How did they not sense going in that it wasn't her!?
  • Goku and Trunks are for some reason very concerned about this random bee they found.
  • Bees, creatures noted for their mellow responses to being messed with, quietly take their queen and leave without incident thus rendering most of this episode a pointless waste of time.
  • Goku what the gently caress are you doing to that poor robot.
  • It takes 20 minutes for the A-plot to start. 20 minutes!
  • More power level weirdness: Goku struggles to hold a giant's mouth open.
  • There are two problems with Goku Kamehamehaing the tooth out of the giant's mouth. First, the tooth was pretty clearly on the side of the mouth where the blast wouldn't have reached. Second, that beam probably should have taken half the dude's jaw off with it.
  • That giant is surprisingly fine with random space-midgets blowing holes in his face.
  • So I guess this is the episode where the robot officially get's a name. Which is weird because he's contributed NOTHING to this entire endeavor (or the show as a whole) whatsoever.

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

:smug::smug::xd:

Rutibex posted:

I prefer Bew personally

I have only ever seen it spelled jMàginn jBûe

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
I know we're making fun of majin blooper atm but I always enjoy reading the GT recap posts

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

readingatwork posted:

Time for more GT! This time it's episode 6: Like Pulling Teeth
  • According to the subtitles this episode is called “That hurts a bit!? Goku the dentist”. I wonder if they're using the dub episode names for the Hulu episode titles.
  • When I first saw the title I thought the episode would be about Goku needing a tooth pulled on some alien planet. The potential episode I wrote in my head ended up being far more entertaining than what I actually watched.
  • Sure is convenient that so many planets in this universe support human life.
  • Pan, please don't eat random space flower goo. Butterflies stick their bug junk in there.
  • Pan helpfully points out that she could have smacked the poo poo out of the giant bees at any time, yet chose to wait until they dragged her into the giant bee hive for no reason whatsoever.
  • I don't care how cute they are. I am NOT picking up and hugging giant bee larvae.
  • The boys accidentally rescue a bee instead of Pan. How did they not sense going in that it wasn't her!?
  • Goku and Trunks are for some reason very concerned about this random bee they found.
  • Bees, creatures noted for their mellow responses to being messed with, quietly take their queen and leave without incident thus rendering most of this episode a pointless waste of time.
  • Goku what the gently caress are you doing to that poor robot.
  • It takes 20 minutes for the A-plot to start. 20 minutes!
  • More power level weirdness: Goku struggles to hold a giant's mouth open.
  • There are two problems with Goku Kamehamehaing the tooth out of the giant's mouth. First, the tooth was pretty clearly on the side of the mouth where the blast wouldn't have reached. Second, that beam probably should have taken half the dude's jaw off with it.
  • That giant is surprisingly fine with random space-midgets blowing holes in his face.
  • So I guess this is the episode where the robot officially get's a name. Which is weird because he's contributed NOTHING to this entire endeavor (or the show as a whole) whatsoever.

I don't remember this episode at all. :psyduck:

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
It's the episode where the giant has a Dragonball stuck in his teeth.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

:allears:

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
That's right, boys. Mondo cool.

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

simply having a wonderful time

To be fair, this game loving ruled back when I played it. I had my SS4 Goku's weak punch leveled up to instant K.O. every other character. :cool:

MastG
May 25, 2014
Somehow I can't take "Boo" as seriously as "Buu".

SirDrone
Jul 23, 2013

I am so sick of these star wars
I wish this series had more Kayneroid 15, "Twwrunks Ah Yeah!".

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
GT Time! Episode 7: Trunks the Bride

(I'm going to start adding episode summaries so that people unfamiliar with the show will have some idea of what's going on. Not that you really NEED to know all that much...)

The story so far: Trunks, Pan and kid-Goku must get the dragonballs or the earth will explode.... In space! Also there's a robot.

In this episode: The show rips off the Oolong episode from Dragonball classic. The only real difference is that the monster is actually a monster and Trunks is the one that dresses like a girl. So... the Oolong episode minus anything that actually made it fun or interesting.

• *looks at title* Well this is going nowhere good...
  • I don't think I mentioned this yet but for some reason the writers thought it would be a fantastic idea to have Goku naked for part of the opening. This means that if you watch the show in it's entirety you'll have seen Goku's junk over sixty times by the time you're done.
  • Oh, so the robot is both annoying AND actively wrecks the ship. Really loving this new character, show!
  • So the robot eats random (often non-electrical) stuff for energy? How is that even supposed to work? I guess this could go interesting places down the road (the robot eats a lazer pistol then get's the ability to shoot lasers), but I have the sneaking suspicion that it won't.
  • What the hell is with the whimsical mood all of the sudden? It's like they landed on planet Ghibli or something.
  • This isolated alien society is not surprised in the slightest by the discovery of life on other worlds.
  • Why is there one white human girl in the middle of this town of Native American space elves!?
  • Trunks you know what a loving dragonball looks like. You do NOT need to compare it to another one just to be sure.
  • Pan kicks the annoying robot into the garbage, thus cementing her spot as my favorite character.
  • Oh no! Not earthquake powers! *floats three inches off the ground*
  • Dear lord, five seconds in and I already hate this villain with a fiery passion. Can we just kill him now and wrap up the show early?
  • OH MY GOD HE'S STILL TALKING SHUT THE gently caress UP GOD DAMNIT!
  • No really, why didn't Goku just curb-stomp this thing the moment it showed up!?
  • More power level weirdness: Goku get's his hand slapped by a middle-aged woman and it seems to really hurt.
  • THE CROSSDRESSING PLAN IS ENTIRELY POINTLESS! JUST PUNCH A HOLE IN THIS GUY'S FACE AND MOVE ON!
  • OH MY GOD HE'S EVEN MORE ANNOYING THE SECOND TIME AROUND! JUST. SHUT. UP!!!
  • SHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUP!!!
  • Wait. A cliffhanger? We actually needed two episodes for this bullshit!?
  • I am NOT watching the next episode of this arc sober. gently caress that noise.

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007
Ask me about being a racist piece of shit with a racist gimmick
hmm yes im sure people who are unfamiliar with the dragon ball show are posting here in the dragon ball thread

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
That episode was the last one I watched for GT. So the canon ending of GT is Trunk got married to Namazu and Earth got blown up.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

readingatwork posted:

(I'm going to start adding episode summaries so that people unfamiliar with the show will have some idea of what's going on. Not that you really NEED to know all that much...)

The story so far: Trunks, Pan and kid-Goku must get the dragonballs or the earth will explode.... In space! Also there's a robot.

In this episode: The show rips off the Oolong episode from Dragonball classic. The only real difference is that the monster is actually a monster and Trunks is the one that dresses like a girl. So... the Oolong episode minus anything that actually made it fun or interesting.

• I don't think I mentioned this yet but for some reason the writers thought it would be a fantastic idea to have Goku naked for part of the opening. This means that if you watch the show in it's entirety you'll have seen Goku's junk over sixty times by the time you're done.
  • Oh, so the robot is both annoying AND actively wrecks the ship. Really loving this new character, show!
  • So the robot eats random (often non-electrical) stuff for energy? How is that even supposed to work? I guess this could go interesting places down the road (the robot eats a lazer pistol then get's the ability to shoot lasers), but I have the sneaking suspicion that it won't.
  • What the hell is with the whimsical mood all of the sudden? It's like they landed on planet Ghibli or something.
  • This isolated alien society is not surprised in the slightest by the discovery of life on other worlds.
  • Why is there one white human girl in the middle of this town of Native American space elves!?
  • Trunks you know what a loving dragonball looks like. You do NOT need to compare it to another one just to be sure.
  • Pan kicks the annoying robot into the garbage, thus cementing her spot as my favorite character.
  • Oh no! Not earthquake powers! *floats three inches off the ground*
  • Dear lord, five seconds in and I already hate this villain with a fiery passion. Can we just kill him now and wrap up the show early?
  • OH MY GOD HE'S STILL TALKING SHUT THE gently caress UP GOD DAMNIT!
  • No really, why didn't Goku just curb-stomp this thing the moment it showed up!?
  • More power level weirdness: Goku get's his hand slapped by a middle-aged woman and it seems to really hurt.
  • THE CROSSDRESSING PLAN IS ENTIRELY POINTLESS! JUST PUNCH A HOLE IN THIS GUY'S FACE AND MOVE ON!
  • OH MY GOD HE'S EVEN MORE ANNOYING THE SECOND TIME AROUND! JUST. SHUT. UP!!!
  • SHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUP!!!
  • Wait. A cliffhanger? We actually needed two episodes for this bullshit!?
  • I am NOT watching the next episode of this arc sober. gently caress that noise.

You have to watch it! Otherwise you're doing a bad job of summarizing GT.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

readingatwork posted:

[*]More power level weirdness: Goku get's his hand slapped by a middle-aged woman and it seems to really hurt.

I thought they were only invincible when focusing their Ki or whatever. Lots of times Goku gets caught off guard and his body seems pretty close to human levels of actual physical endurance. Krillian threw a rock at him once, and he was a super sayjin and it hurt him because he was taking a nap, and of course Sorbet shot him with his space laser pistol.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Regular humans can hurt them when plot or a joke set up demand it.

AndwhatIseeisme
Mar 30, 2010

Being alive is pretty much a constant stream of embarrassment.
Fun Shoe

Ryaomon posted:

hmm yes im sure people who are unfamiliar with the dragon ball show are posting here in the dragon ball thread

There are plenty of people who have watched Dragonball, DBZ, Super, all of the movies, read the manga, played almost every game that has been released, are watching the abridged series, and have spent far too much time arguing power levels on internet forums, yet still refuse to watch a single episode of GT and know nothing beyond broad arc plotlines of the show.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
I've honestly forgotten most of it, so it is pretty wild to read the synapses.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Rutibex posted:

I thought they were only invincible when focusing their Ki or whatever. Lots of times Goku gets caught off guard and his body seems pretty close to human levels of actual physical endurance. Krillian threw a rock at him once, and he was a super sayjin and it hurt him because he was taking a nap, and of course Sorbet shot him with his space laser pistol.

That would always explain how Krillin was able to blast a hole through Vegeta's chest when he wanted to get a zenkai.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Yeah I think Vegeta says something about how he's lowered his defenses to the minimum so Krillin can injure him, which kind of implies there's an active component to DBZ characters' superhuman durability.

Don't pay attention and you get brained by a rock

visceril
Feb 24, 2008
Even though guys like Frieza and Vegeta, as well as garbage anime filler and the movies, make it seem like power levels act like some kind of aura that surrounds you at all times, it isn't.

It's still a martial arts adventure and you have to focus your mind to use the powers. At Kami's in DB and at King Kai's Goku learns to control his energy and focus it up just when he needs it for specific purposes, like dropping the people's elbow on recoome or blocking an attack.

The current training with Whis is just taking this even further. When they master his training, Goku and Vegeta won't have auras or powerlevels at all, save for the split-second they punch someone

This also means they could be vulnerable to an attack if they get caught off guard (they shouldn't given the martial arts instincts), but they will be able to fight longer and deliver stronger blows

visceril
Feb 24, 2008
My impression of GT was "wow it sure is odd that there are a bunch of guys that are stronger than Frieza, the galactic emperor, in this galaxy he ruled"

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Kelp Plankton posted:

Yeah I think Vegeta says something about how he's lowered his defenses to the minimum so Krillin can injure him, which kind of implies there's an active component to DBZ characters' superhuman durability.

I figure Ki basically works like a Green Lantern ring.

Combat Lobster
Feb 18, 2013

To this day I still haven't been able to sit through the baby arc.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Kelp Plankton posted:

Or you just get shot by a lovely laser even in your big new super form.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Super has Goku power down before getting shot, though.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

What this tells us is if Krillin had intent to kill he could have murdered super saiyan Goku with that rock

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
When it comes down to it all you really need in life is a Pure Killing Intent. That will get you through most of life's hardships.

Jolyne Cujoh
Dec 7, 2012

It's not like I've got no worries...
But I'll be fine.
This is my Dark Determination

(Pretend I posted the tail pulling pic)

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.

readingatwork posted:

I am 90% sure that the DUB of all things actually points this out, and its attempt to be the Oolong episode from Dragon Ball, with Goku going "Guys this plan won't work, I tried it once before."

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

StrifeHira posted:

I am 90% sure that the DUB of all things actually points this out, and its attempt to be the Oolong episode from Dragon Ball, with Goku going "Guys this plan won't work, I tried it once before."

Yeah, the dub adds that line in. I remember I was surprised to see it wasn't actually in the subtitled version.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

GT would have been way better if it was Vegeta who got dragged along on dumb DB era style space adventures. He's at his best when he's totally out of his element and there's wacky stuff going on

They gave up on that stuff pretty quick though

But I guess Super is giving us that kind of mix of DB and DBZ so ultimately everything turned out ok

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.
Yeah, thought so.

Meanwhile, Dragon Ball Heroes does it yet again:

-Fish-
Oct 10, 2005

Glub glub.
Glub glub.

Meanwhile TeamFourStar is considering remastering old episodes during their free time, including the possibility of updated scripts.
https://twitter.com/KaiserNeko/status/698643918666117120

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

StrifeHira posted:

Yeah, thought so.

Meanwhile, Dragon Ball Heroes does it yet again:

Well of course. You can't let the audience self-insert characters not play as the new forms!

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
So is Super Saiyan God stronger than Super Saiyan Blue?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Squallege posted:

So is Super Saiyan God stronger than Super Saiyan Blue?

No because blue fire is hotter than red fire.

• Locked thread