Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
My life is the logic of the situation but it might be better than the first lot of fun to see you at town hall at the station whenever I was worried about the printer days. That I should get tomorrow but it might not be the first one of the Hebrews. There are some pictures from a friend who is a great job for marketing manager of the first time in the rain. Christ and you know who plays him but please don't let me wear plastic grapes as a result of the same colour.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:

Avshalom posted:

My life is the logic of the situation but it might be better than the first lot of fun to see you at town hall at the station whenever I was worried about the printer days. That I should get tomorrow but it might not be the first one of the Hebrews. There are some pictures from a friend who is a great job for marketing manager of the first time in the rain. Christ and you know who plays him but please don't let me wear plastic grapes as a result of the same colour.
Tell me about the loving golf shoes!

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
Finally watched the Harmontown documentary on Netflix. Things make more sense now.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
It's not over! :toot:

Top TV Shows of 2015

prefect fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Dec 10, 2015

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

....what? Is this a joke? An Albany radio station?

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

But I've yet to figure out a better way to spend my time.

Brawnfire posted:

The Onion.

Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck
Honestly, that's only slightly less believable than being picked up by Yahoo. It had me wondering for about five seconds.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

thank gently caress

El Tortuga
Apr 27, 2007

¡Terrible es el Guerrero de Tortuga!
A Community radio teleplay does actually sound like something they would have done.

The Dark One
Aug 19, 2005

I'm your friend and I'm not going to just stand by and let you do this!

El Tortuga posted:

A Community radio teleplay does actually sound like something they would have done.

Several members of the cast have appeared on the Thrilling Adventure Hour, which you should totally listen to.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

The Dark One posted:

Several members of the cast have appeared on the Thrilling Adventure Hour, which you should totally listen to.

I know Paget Brewster was a regular (to the extent that there are regulars) but what are some of the other appearances?

(Working backwards through the podcasts is trickier than it should be.)

The Dark One
Aug 19, 2005

I'm your friend and I'm not going to just stand by and let you do this!

Maxwell Lord posted:

I know Paget Brewster was a regular (to the extent that there are regulars) but what are some of the other appearances?

(Working backwards through the podcasts is trickier than it should be.)

The show's wiki has helpfully kept track of appearances for Alison Brie, Yvette Nicole Brown, Gillian Jacobs and Danny Pudi. Thrilling regulars Paul F Tompkins and Craig Cackowski have also guested on Community (as the guy hitting on Abed in Mixology Certification and... Officer Cackowski).

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Brawnfire posted:

community fans.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
In semi-related news, Dan Harmon, Justin Roiland, and Rob Schrab are all going to be writing for the Mystery Science Theater 3000 reboot that they're working on. :allears:

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

Those air-conditioner repair classes really led Troy places in the Martian

Space_Butler
Dec 5, 2003
Fun Shoe
Yahoo killed Yahoo Screen and nobody noticed

Season 6 and the other shows still exist, they were just moved to the TV section of Yahoo. Bye, non-crowdfunded future for any possible movie!

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
Please just let Community die. I don't want a movie. We got way more than we ever thought possible, now just let it fade into memory peacefully and quietly.

Emerson Cod
Apr 14, 2004

by Pragmatica
I'll be happy if Charlie Kaufman directs it and Starburns Studios animates it. Or even just the latter

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Dan Harmon once joked about the movie just being him filming Joel McHale in a basement on a phone camera for 90 minutes, but I could totally see him doing it.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

MikeJF posted:

Dan Harmon once joked about the movie just being him filming Joel McHale in a basement on a phone camera for 90 minutes, but I could totally see him doing it.

Get yourself Dean and Chang and I'm in.

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

I can see when you are lying.

Wait 10 years and I expect you'll see a campaign for a movie on whatever the new Kickstarter is in 2026.

Assuming Dan Harmon isn't dead.

EricFate
Aug 31, 2001

Crumpets. Glorious Crumpets.

ashpanash posted:

Wait 10 years and I expect you'll see a campaign for a movie on whatever the new Kickstarter is in 2026.

Assuming Dan Harmon isn't dead.

By that point, he will be a complete vegetable, but his liver will have mutated into a smaller Dan Harmon that protrudes, half formed from his torso like a hairier, more belligerent Kuato from Total Recall.

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!

EricFate posted:

By that point, he will be a complete vegetable, but his liver will have mutated into a smaller Dan Harmon that protrudes, half formed from his torso like a hairier, more belligerent Kuato from Total Recall.

It'll have some pretty insightful thoughts on story structure, though.

EricFate
Aug 31, 2001

Crumpets. Glorious Crumpets.

Practical Demon posted:

It'll have some pretty insightful thoughts on story structure, though.

Quaaaaaaaid! The REAL structure of any good story is simply circular - a descent into the unknown and eventual return - and that any specific descriptions of that process are specific to you and your story!

The Fuzzy Hulk
Nov 22, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT CROSSING THE STREAMS

So I don't know if any of you watch the Dr. Ken show, it stars Señor Chang, but the last one had both Jeff and Abed on it.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

The Fuzzy Hulk posted:

So I don't know if any of you watch the Dr. Ken show, it stars Señor Chang, but the last one had both Jeff and Abed on it.

Did it manage to improve from it's absolutely horrendous start?

The Fuzzy Hulk
Nov 22, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT CROSSING THE STREAMS

Oh God no, it's terrible

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

The Fuzzy Hulk posted:

Did it have Jeff and Abed on it, or Joel McHale and Danny Pudi?

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Space_Butler posted:

Yahoo killed Yahoo Screen and nobody noticed

Season 6 and the other shows still exist, they were just moved to the TV section of Yahoo. Bye, non-crowdfunded future for any possible movie!

Im shocked.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Klungar posted:

Did it have Jeff and Abed on it, or Joel McHale and Danny Pudi?

The later, and Ken and Danny didn't have a single scene together.

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

I can see when you are lying.

feedmegin posted:

Im shocked.

I do love how Yahoo blamed Community. Yeah, the issue was the TV show, not that you spent 40 million dollars on a Hail Mary. What were they supposed to do, say "Oh, that's ok, spend your money elsewhere, get a better investment out of it."

Yahoo is a gigantic corporation with a huge amount of assets that nonetheless is absolutely bleeding cash at an alarming rate, spraying it around like a firehose. But yeah, the real problem is that TV show (that was obviously past its creative peak and was shamelessly resurrected to buy yourself credibility) wasn't quite good enough to sustain an entire new network. Blame the TV show!

ashpanash fucked around with this message at 00:21 on Feb 13, 2016

The Action Man
Oct 26, 2004

This is a good movie.

ashpanash posted:

I do love how Yahoo blamed Community. Yeah, the issue was the TV show, not that you spent 40 million dollars on a Hail Mary. What were they supposed to do, say "Oh, that's ok, spend your money elsewhere, get a better investment out of it."

Yahoo is a gigantic corporation with a huge amount of assets that nonetheless is absolutely bleeding cash at an alarming rate, spraying it around like a firehose. But yeah, the real problem is that TV show (that was obviously past its creative peak and was shamelessly resurrected to buy yourself credibility) wasn't quite good enough to sustain an entire new network. Blame the TV show!

Let's not forget that Yahoo Screen was a terrible app that regularly crashed for no reason and often just skipped the ads that companies paid them to play!

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

The Action Man posted:

Let's not forget that Yahoo Screen was a terrible app that regularly crashed for no reason and often just skipped the ads that companies paid them to play!

They also geolocked shows they owned global rights to, while not arranging any television rights in those areas. So everyone just downloaded it for free.

Yahoo are not a smart bunch.

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!

ashpanash posted:

Did they directly blame Community? I thought the new CEO pinned the blame entirely on the one that left/was fired and the whole idea of Screen being a bad one.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
I like to imagine that Joel McHale's character in the premiere of the X-Files reboot is just Jeff having used his ability for impassioned speeches and bullshitting to become a right-wing pundit because it's the ultimate "get rich and give no fucks" life for him.

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

I'm working my way through Harmontown and it's both hilarious and very depressing how often they're setting themselves up for future tragedy. Hey, look Robin Williams unexpectedly turns up! Let's talk about how much we love David Bowie for 20 minutes! Harris Wittels guests! And of course, there's Dan talking about how much he loves Erin and how they're going to be together forever and have kids every other episode.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
They never released the numbers, but Dan said the viewership on Yahoo was really high, and Yahoo was super pleased with that aspect of it.

That said, I whitelisted Yahoo Screen on my adblocker and still never saw a single ad. I can totally buy that Yahoo was too incompetent to sell the ads or deliver them.

ElCondemn
Aug 7, 2005

Comrade Fakename posted:

I'm working my way through Harmontown and it's both hilarious and very depressing how often they're setting themselves up for future tragedy. Hey, look Robin Williams unexpectedly turns up! Let's talk about how much we love David Bowie for 20 minutes! Harris Wittels guests! And of course, there's Dan talking about how much he loves Erin and how they're going to be together forever and have kids every other episode.

I did the same, watch the documentary after the tour, it really felt like I was watching/listening to an alcoholic spiral into depression during that whole era.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

ElCondemn posted:

I did the same, watch the documentary after the tour, it really felt like I was watching/listening to an alcoholic spiral into depression during that whole era.

You can just listen to the cast commentaries for that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Comrade Fakename posted:

This is one of the reasons I can't listen to Harmontown anymore. Also because I just couldn't get through any more dungeons and dragons

• Locked thread