Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Weldon Pemberton
May 19, 2012

twistedmentat posted:

Wait what the gently caress? Rick is clearly going "Look Morty you killed the baby simpson!" is that being taken as "i wanna gently caress that baby"?

Without even clicking on the video I assume it's a really really long comment thread that approached the topic in a far more oblique way than that.

Vintage awkward: documentary on NAMBLA types.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mostlygray
Nov 1, 2012

BURY ME AS I LIVED, A FREE MAN ON THE CLUTCH

Scarf posted:

His wife did a poor job in making sure her husband wore a suit that loving fit properly
:goonsay:

true story my gf's aunt and uncle go to one of these kinds of churches and her aunt is legit not allowed to speak to any men (save for her husband) in the church. If she wants to say something to another man, she has to tell her husband and he has to say it for her. they're loving nuts.

My mother-in-law goes to a church like this but worse. Instead of listening to sermons, they are required to write essays. It takes her about 8 hours a week to do her research and write her analysis. She then has to go sit in on the discussion but is not allowed to speak. Only men may speak. Then repeat for the next week. I don't understand the point, but she seems to like it.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Weldon Pemberton posted:

Without even clicking on the video I assume it's a really really long comment thread that approached the topic in a far more oblique way than that.

I'm familiar with the video, I'm just perplexed that someone could inference that from it. Though we live in an age where kid fuckers are trying to justify it more openly.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I love this guy. He keeps it totally real and doesn't try to hide all of the horrible things the bible says. He just totally embraces it. Reminds me how awful parts of the bible can be.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Oh my god he did a sermon on Star Wars

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAsNxvOV_M8

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
http://imgur.com/gallery/1NyKF

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

I was thinking "for a nerdy wedding, this isn't so bad. Everything isreally well made, and it looks like a lot of care was put into it. The only really AUG thing is the dudes leather tophat". Then it just goes deeper and deeper. Jesus christ, the lightsabers.

And its all justice league except Deadpool and Goku, talk about lame shallow nerds.

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!

Best comment:

quote:

The only wedding where afterwards everyone was still a virgin

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

not enough rings

TrenceJ
Jul 2, 2007
Mmmmm, Pac Dots

Weldon Pemberton posted:

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Weldon Pemberton posted:

Jesus, why do I have this on my youtube history now, ugh.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Not surprised that brides maids are also pretty goony.

LifeSunDeath has a new favorite as of 13:29 on Feb 14, 2016

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

twistedmentat posted:

I was thinking "for a nerdy wedding, this isn't so bad. Everything isreally well made, and it looks like a lot of care was put into it. The only really AUG thing is the dudes leather tophat". Then it just goes deeper and deeper. Jesus christ, the lightsabers.

And its all justice league except Deadpool and Goku, talk about lame shallow nerds.

its like a slow burn until:

Toast Museum
Dec 3, 2005

30% Iron Chef

blarzgh posted:

its like a slow burn until:

Did anyone else immediately assume this guy sounds like Elmer Fudd?

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Toast Museum posted:

I hear a heavy lisp.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

blarzgh posted:

I hear a heavy lisp.

You're jutht jealouth of hith thweet thideburnth

Gerblyn
Apr 4, 2007

"TO BATTLE!"
Fun Shoe
You can load more pictures at the bottom! The Bride and Goon sealed their union with a lightsaber battle.

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

Toast Museum posted:

In my mind, it's a Cockney accent.

Also, somehow the most A/U/G thing in those photos are the bright blue bowties being worn with a tuxedo. Those two things really, really do not go well together.

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

If grandparents were present at the wedding, try to imagine how they felt and the looks on their faces

Captainsalami
Apr 16, 2010

I told you you'd pay!
Awkward yes, but a whole lotta goons in here being salty some nerd married another nerd with a nerd wedding and look happy doing it.

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.

Captainsalami posted:

Awkward yes, but a whole lotta goons in here being salty some nerd married another nerd with a nerd wedding and look happy doing it.

The only things salty at that wedding were a whole lot of arm pits.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy
There's some great cringe on the @YesThatsTheJoke twitter:

Jam With Seeds
Dec 20, 2008

twistedmentat posted:

It is really well made for an awkward nerd wedding. So well made that they couldn't actually afford it and took out an $11k loan for it.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Jam With Seeds posted:

It is really well made for an awkward nerd wedding. So well made that they couldn't actually afford it and took out an $11k loan for it.

It did look expensive and a night to remember, so good for them?

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I went to a "nerd" wedding once. I knew the bride since we were kids, her mom babysat me, etc. It's the only wedding I actually regret attending because it lowered my opinion of both families for letting it happen. And these were people in their 30s, over a decade ago.

It wasn't quite as tacky as this one, but there were plastic lightsabers and comic book references. I love my friend dearly, and her husband is okay in that "I don't interact with him more than once a year but she loves him so whatever" way but Jesus. H. Christ. She's the "runs a knitting blog and talks about her kids more than absolutely necessary" homebody type so it had to have all been on his ubernerd rear end.

And no I have no pictures, I didn't own a camera at the time and mobile phone cameras were laughable. I think I still had a flipphone, too.

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

From an actual Wikipedia article on physical attractiveness:

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Is there a moe personification of :biotruths:

Like a literal little girl character named biotruths

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k

goose fleet posted:

I didn't believe you but yep, it's there under "female physical attractiveness" https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Physical_attractiveness

That whole page is absolutely terrible.

LegalPad
Oct 23, 2013

goose fleet posted:

:laffo:

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Your friendly neighbourhood Postie.

Grimey Drawer

goose fleet posted:

IDEAL WOMAN

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
It's been there for two months

I really don't want to read the rest of this garbage article but it's probably a cesspit of neckbeards

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

Also, going by the puzzle pieces in her hair, that's the anime girl form of wikipedia.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Kay Kessler posted:

Also, going by the puzzle pieces in her hair, that's the anime girl form of wikipedia.

It's their mascot.

Bast Relief
Feb 21, 2006

by exmarx
Pretty sure it's awkward to celebrate a major life event with trite poo poo from popular culture. The only reason more traditional weddings aren't also posted here is because that sort of tackiness is pretty much accepted by society except for grumps like me. I mean, I'm glad people have fun, but it's a weird thing to invite your grandma to watch you larp.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

syscall girl posted:

It's their mascot.

Its page has fan art.

And cosplay.

Lemon
May 22, 2003

I checked out the talk page to see if there was any discussion of the anime girl, and found this:

quote:

I reverted because Jesus is not so commonly cited as physically attractive or sexy that he needs to be placed as a lead image

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid

lol

Redrum and Coke
Feb 25, 2006

wAstIng 10 bUcks ON an aVaTar iS StUpid
A friend and I talked about how people in the bdsm community seem to wear their fetishes with pride, getting everyone to know the poo poo they do. Then we talked about paraphilias.

That lead us to this.

:nms::nms:
These made me physically cringe. Click at your own risk. Nothing illegal, just deeply unsettling.

https://i.instagram.com/kxtten.dxddy/

https://i.instagram.com/baabydoll_x/

"Ayce 🎀 ddlg/abdl 🍼 age 1-3 🙊 daddy's little babydoll 🔐💖 NO DOMS PLS (daddy's rules) 🚫"
She roleplays as a baby of 1-3 years
meaning she has sex with a man who wishes he was loving a toddler

Pen Expers
May 3, 2006

Pillbug

Non Serviam posted:

A friend and I talked about how people in the bdsm community seem to wear their fetishes with pride, getting everyone to know the poo poo they do. Then we talked about paraphilias.

That lead us to this.

:nms::nms:
These made me physically cringe. Click at your own risk. Nothing illegal, just deeply unsettling.

https://i.instagram.com/kxtten.dxddy/

https://i.instagram.com/baabydoll_x/

"Ayce 🎀 ddlg/abdl 🍼 age 1-3 🙊 daddy's little babydoll 🔐💖 NO DOMS PLS (daddy's rules) 🚫"
She roleplays as a baby of 1-3 years
meaning she has sex with a man who wishes he was loving a toddler

Noooooooope

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

:stare:

• Locked thread