Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.

Icedude posted:

Also today happens to be the 10th anniversary of Ar tonelico 1's release :toot:

:toot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

When you fall, get right back up again.
Here have some Delta/Cass with Kanon/Tattoria (which are easy because I can just pull them from the text dump without even loading up AN).

Chunpi turns into an argument about Nyuroki, which neither Delta nor Kanon are terribly large fans of.

It seems you've taken quite a liking to that ugly bird doll.
Don't call it ugly. It's cute!
It's like what Casty says... Chunpi is a cute character everybody loves!
...Well, I guess it's something girls would like?
I think you mean "men and women of all ages."
I'm a guy and I don't care for it...
Anyway, what is this thing used for? Is it a bomb or something?
...Do you have some sort of grudge against Chunpi? There's no way it would be used for that.
It's just a stuffed animal... It's soft and fluffy, it's nice to the touch, and super cute!
...So what am I supposed to use a "stuffed animal" for?
Delta, behave yourself already. It's not good to expect everything to have some kind of special use.
...I'm the one who's wrong?
But it's so cute! I'm pretty sure it could be really popular, after Nyuroki, of course.
Hm? Kanon, what's wrong?
...You don't think it could get more popular than Nyuroki?
...Huh?
To be honest... I don't understand what's so great about Nyuroki at all.
Wha... What did you say!?
Just think about it. What is it exactly?
It's a strange creature with a weirdly shaped head. What's so cute about it?
That's an insult to Nyuroki! You should apologize to Nyuroki, me, and Nyuroki fans everywhere!
I don't see why I should apologize. What's Nyuroki based off of, anyway?
I did try to like it at one point. I bought a first edition Nyuroki fan book, and tried to learn about it...
F-first edition!? That's a super rare item these days, worth enough to buy yourself a huge house!
Is Nyuroki really that popular?
I don't know how much it's worth, but I did read it in an attempt to like it...
But I couldn't figure out what kind of creature Nyuroki was, and it bothered me too much...
It was a fan book but it didn't even explain what Nyuroki was...
That's because the first edition came out before a setting was established for Nyuroki.
...Isn't that a little absurd?
That's why that book is a legend among Nyuroki fans, a relic of the past.
Well now that that's settled, please explain to me what Nyuroki is.
Nyuroki is a prince of happiness visiting Ra Ciela from the planet Nyuron.
...The planet Nyuron?
Yep. Do you get it now?
So it came from the planet Nyuron. In other words, you could call it a Nyuronian?
N-Nyuronian!?
Woah, wait a minute... Suddenly this thing is sounding more like an alien invader!
And seeing as how it's a prince, it means there're many more Nyuronians out there...
Yep. In order to bring happiness to Ra Ciela, his friends would visit once in a while.
...So now that Ra Ciela is gone, what are Nyuroki and friends doing?
Wha!?
I see... They came to Ra Ciela to bring happiness, but Ra Ciela is gone now.
Then... What happened to Nyuroki?
T-that's, well, um...
It's okay, Delta. Ra Ciela may be gone, but Nyuroki isn't dead.
T-that's right! Nyuroki isn't dead!
Exactly. After all, they're aliens with interstellar travel, so they can visit other planets from Nyuron.
I'm sure they got in their UFO before the planet collapsed, and went home to Nyuron...
UFO... I doubt Nyuroki has something like that.
...They do.
It's called a NyuFO, and it's a cute ship in the shape of Nyuroki's face...
I knew it... It may have a cute face, but it's actually an alien from an extremely advanced civilization.
K-Kanon... I think that's enough. If this keeps going, Nyuroki's image is going to collapse.
Guh... I-I really want to argue this... I have so many things to say, but I'm so confused...
I know, don't worry about it. Just keeps it under wraps for now, okay?
...Okay. I'll won't talk about Nyuroki any more.
So... It's agreed that Chunpi is cuter than Nyuroki?
No way!!

They also made some powerful drugs.

Okay you two, please don't be too surprised by this.
This medicine is called the Supreme Children's Energy Source, and its original intended use is...
W-what did you make!? Is that some sort of aphrodisiac!?
No, just, calm down and listen...
And it's a "source" of "children"... That means...
U-um... Are you going to have me drink this?
There wouldn't be an issue if Casty drank it... If anyone, it would be required by Delta...
N-no, no way, there's no way he "requires" this!
First off, if Delta drank this, I have no idea what he would do to me back at the inn.
W-what are you saying!? There's no way I'd do something like...
You're a guy, you can't deny the possibility!
Um, could you listen to my explanation...
Don't treat me like a horndog! First of all, there's no way I'd go for a girl with such small breasts!
O-oh now you've said it! You idiot!!
Both of you, behave yourselves!!
!?
!?
You don't listen to my explanation, and then you start arguing. Don't you have common sense?
Did you even consider you're being rude to me!?
...My bad.
If you're going to apologize, do it properly. Act like an adult.
...I'm sorry.
I'm sorry...
...It's fine if you understand.
B-but, this is... An aphrodisiac, right?
Yes, that's true.
Powerful enough to give seed to the seedless, so to speak...
But I created it thinking the side effect would be useful for you.
Side effect... Is that safe? There're no weird effects, are there?
Quite the opposite. The side effect is powerful stamina recovery.
Compared to recovery medicines on the market, these side effects are several times stronger.
...So it's a super powerful aphrodisiac as well as a strong recovery medicine.
I don't know whether to be amazed or not.
It could be really useful, though. Since it's a powder, it's easy to use in battle.
I'll be glad when I need it.
Yes... Just, stay as far as you can from women when you use it.
Like I said, it's still a powerful aphrodisiac, so if someone as virile as yourself were to use it...
Your lack of judgment might prompt you to do something that can't be undone.
Hey Cass, you wanna know who's most embarrassed right now? It's me.
I-I'm embarrassed too... If you do anything to me under the effects, I won't forgive you.
I won't do anything... You don't seem to trust me much...

Underwear synthesis.

T-these are really kiddy panties, aren't they?
Haha, I think they'd be just perfect for you, Cass.
I'd never wear panties with such a childish design!
Don't say that. Why don't you try wearing them, Casty?
Y-you're saying it too now!?
This underwear isn't meant to be used every day. It's only for Purification Ceremonies.
Huh? What's that supposed to mean?
Ionasal was asking me before if there was a way to lower embarrassment during Purification Ceremonies.
That got me thinking.
What if I made underwear that didn't look like panties and didn't show any body lines?
So the result were these Chunpi pumpkin panties.
Its official name is Unembarrassing Panties.
...The name feels like it's trying too hard to make it seem like it's not embarrassing.
I see... I understand the reason behind them now.
But to be perfectly honest, I don't see myself or Ion ever wearing this.
W-why's that? If there's something about it you don't like, let me know what it is.
It's not about dislike. It's just that wearing this would be a hundred times more embarrassing than normal.
That's not possible... I created Chunpi to be a character loved by everyone of all ages.
What's so embarrassing about it?
Wearing Chunpi pumpkin panties at our age is what's embarrassing!
B-but...
...But Ionasal seemed very happy when she took them.
What!?
Are you serious... I mean, this is Ion we're talking about here, but still...
T-that's right! Casty, stop thinking they're embarrassing and try them out. Looks can be deceiving.
(...Although, I'm the one deceiving her...)
B-but, I could never wear character design panties like this at my age...
Haha, I don't see a problem! I really think they'd suit you.
Heh heh... Delta, just keep talking if you think you're prepared for this.

Delta isn't in this one, for reasons that become obvious as you go a bit in.

Hey, I've been wondering about this, but... Delta's kind of dumb, isn't he?
You're one to talk, seeing how it took you this long to figure that out.
Yeah, but still... You know?
Yeah... It's just unbelievable. He ate so many dumplings filled with ingredients for killing pests...
The problem was telling him that they're super delicious to the Sharl, but also poisonous.
Also, the way they're served makes them look too much like regular dumplings.
Well, they can be used for getting rid of pests, but I'm selling them as Honokano Dumplings for the Sharl.
That's right. You wouldn't like it if your favorite snack was treated as pest extermination bait, would you?
That's true...
The Sharl feel the same way.
...By the way, when's Delta going to get out of the bathroom? He's been in there for over an hour already...
He ate a ton of them, so he'll probably be a while.
Oh I know, while we're waiting, do you want to try them? They shouldn't make you sick as an Incarnate.
Oh yeah, now that you mention it... Maybe I'll try some...
...Uh, do you hear banging from inside the bathroom?
It's probably really painful. Human bodies must be so inconvenient...
I think "delicate" is a better word.

Tattoria is now employed by Phillip Morris.

Tattoria, did you make something without checking if anyone smokes again?
I don't need to check. Delta smokes.
Wait, he does?
No. Stop deciding things on your own. I don't smoke.
What!? Why not!?
Because it's bad for your health...
Isn't getting hurt in battle bad for your health too?
What... W-well, yeah that's bad for your health, but...
It's easy to heal wounds using Song Magic, not as harmful compared to tobacco.
In other words, because you can heal wounds with Song Magic, there's nothing wrong with getting hurt?
You can get hurt as much as you want... Sounds like something a maniac would say. Kind of scary.
...What should we do? It seems like he's taking everything we say the wrong way.
Both of you shouldn't talk about this subject with him too much.
These are the kinds of questions that shouldn't be answered. You'll just stress yourself out.
I see...
So does this tobacco have a special effect?
Nope, it's just ordinary tobacco.
There has to be something...
Judging from the name Lucky Outs, you get lucky if you smoke it or something like that, right?
Nope, nothing. In fact, I named it "out" because tobacco is bad for your body.
...So it's seriously just regular tobacco.
Oh, but it does contain citrus flavor, so it's at least a little tasty, right?
Well, it's just a little refreshing, but it should be easier to smoke than regular tobacco.
...Since we're here, why don't you give it a try?
...Well, it's not like I'm totally uninterested, so I guess I'll try one...
Oh, no smoking inside the shop. If you're going to smoke, do it outside.
...I just lost the little interest I had.

Delta eats more loving garbage than the Hundred Knight jesus.

Sweet, I was just feeling hungry...
Wait, what's this? It says danger on here...
You noticed?
Ion didn't notice, so I thought you wouldn't notice and try to eat it too.
If that's what you thought, you should have told him right from the beginning. It's dangerous, right?
He probably didn't stop me because it's not really that dangerous.
No, it's extremely dangerous.
There's gunpowder in there, after all.
...Seriously?
No, it's not ordinary gunpowder. It's special freeze dried gunpowder.
Why would you need to freeze dry gunpowder...
Wouldn't the gunpowder be useless if you did that?
It's something I made... There's no way it would be useless.
You can add hot water to it, or just use it like this...
This Freeze Dried Powder is a super useful, high-tech gunpowder.
I don't think you even had to say the name, you already described it.
So if this could explode without adding hot water, why didn't you try to stop me?
Well, I hadn't tried igniting it like this yet, so I thought it would be a good test...
I'd die!
Ahaha, it's not that powerful. You'd be fine.
You're already used to taking attacks from powerful enemies, anyway...
...I figured it wouldn't even make you flinch. You're super strong, after all.
Huh? W-well... That's true.
But there's still a chance...
Cass is here, so she could heal you with Song Magic. Just like she does in battle.
I see... So it's not like you were using me as a test subject without thinking.
Heh heh, of course not. You're the most reliable person around, Delta.
I see. If you rely on me that much, there's no way I can get mad.
If there's anything you need to test on me, go ahead!
...Cass, you should probably warn him about this later.
I know, I'll give him a good lecture back at the inn.

Maybe later I'll also post my picks for the TEN YEAR ANNIVERSARY BEST HYMMNOS EDITION.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
Do you know anything about that new Gust game, Feinne/thread? Nights of Azure? NISA keep sending me email about it and I don't know if I should care or not.

FractalSandwich fucked around with this message at 02:36 on Jan 27, 2016

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

FractalSandwich posted:

Do you know anything about that new Gust game, Feinne/thread? Nights of Azure? NISA keep sending me email about it and I don't know if I should care or not.

I preordered it because I tend to do that on the principle that it's gotten me some really good games in the past.

So for the tenth anniversary of Ar Tonelico, I will discuss my ten favorite tracks. And I do mean tracks, there will actually be one or two things from the normal soundtracks here. These are in no particular order.

1) EXEC_HIBERNATION : So I haven't always been a big fan of HIBERNATION. Initially I think the length really threw me, and this is a big one where getting a better idea what the song was about really helped. When you know the story of it, suddenly you can track the subtle tone shifts as it progresses and really appreciate its beauty.

2) Love Sights ~Spring~ : This is the track that plays in Cloche's early Cosmosphere levels and it's just fantastic. The singing part adds quite a bit without making it feel odd as a BGM.

3) EXEC_CHRONICLE_KEY : I am a massive sucker for strings and if I had to pick one of the original Hymmnos to really represent the game it'd probably be this one.

4) EXEC_COSMOFLIPS : This song is great for the same reason as HIBERNATION but I always liked it from the moment I heard it. It's also a great project if you ever feel like translating a Hymmnos song because it's just one verse and chorus repeated and there's no Japanese.

5) em-pyei-n vari-fen jang : A great song from a great and sadly deceased performer. Slightly edges out yal-fii-ne noh-iar.

6) The Heart Speaks : So there are three badass duets in AT2 and while I'm giving the nod to Noriko Mitose and Dahna here because it's amazing I do feel the need to mention EXEC_with.METHOD_METAFALICA and omness chs ciel sos infel (which is Akiko Shikata singing a duet with herself). Like I could easily make this whole list be AT2.

7) EXEC_PURGER : Let's get some proper battle themes into this now. I think I slightly prefer Aurica's version but I just love this for really in the first game hitting home that different people end up with very different versions of the same song.

8) chmod b111000000/n : It's a really unique and dark track that really helps provide an oppressive atmosphere to a fight that's going on in Ar Ciel's darkest hour.

9) Class::EXSPHERE_NOSURGE : A great song, if only the game wasn't so weird about what portions of it were where in the game.

10) METHOD_REPLAKIA : Because it is METHOD_REPLAKIA. Does it need more explanation?

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Sublimation is still my favorite track in any of these games, but as far as using music to tell a story or convey an emotional core, Hibernation can't be beat.

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

Super Jay Mann posted:

Sublimation is still my favorite track in any of these games, but as far as using music to tell a story or convey an emotional core, Hibernation can't be beat.

I'm going to be honest the temptation was terrible to just say 'The entire AT2 tracklist' because the only weak one from the concert for that for me is EXEC_SOL=FAGE (not like bad or anything just not my favorite).

And that even includes the weird stuff like MIO, HOMURA, SEN, and KIZNA (in the vein of Tsukikanade and Hoshiyomi from the first concert each performer has a song that I'm pretty sure is never in game anywhere but is pretty friggin good). Hell Pepen's Song was almost on here as well because I love it.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
I quite like SOL=FAGE, mainly for that kicking Hymmnos start. But then again, I like zu-fao jen-din; from Ciel Nosurge which has a similar tone at the start.

Icedude
Mar 30, 2004

If we're adding Ciel noSurge songs to this, I'm going to go with ahih rei-yah;, although I may be biased because I really like how they handled that scene in general. That and the instrumental version of it they use for the "previously on Ciel noSurge" bits at the start of each chapter is really catchy.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Feinne posted:

I preordered it because I tend to do that on the principle that it's gotten me some really good games in the past.
Ah, the famous NISA Roulette. Sometimes you get Soul Nomad, sometimes you get Neptunia, sometimes you get Last Rebellion.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I'm pretty sure Exec_Sphilia is the best.

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

FractalSandwich posted:

Ah, the famous NISA Roulette. Sometimes you get Soul Nomad, sometimes you get Neptunia, sometimes you get Last Rebellion.

Nobody even loving ask about Last Rebellion by the way I would rather cut my own balls off than LP that shitshow. No seriously it makes original Neptunia's systems look amazingly well thought out.

I'm almost inclined to give Time and Eternity another go though because I really just lost track of it in something more interesting coming out than quit it in disgust.

Feinne fucked around with this message at 18:01 on Jan 27, 2016

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Feinne posted:

Nobody even loving ask about Last Rebellion by the way I would rather cut my own balls off than LP that shitshow. No seriously it makes original Neptunia's systems look amazingly well thought out.
Even I'm not that rude.

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

FractalSandwich posted:

Even I'm not that rude.

I mean on paper it feels like there should be a good game idea in there but in practice it's just deathly dull to actually play.

I forgive all sorts of really awful games that are pretty fun to actually play for whatever reason, and I'm totally on board for some crazy poo poo like eventually LPing Mugen Souls or something because that game's funny as poo poo if you're a jrpg fan but Last Rebellion is just so ugh.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
That's why I wouldn't be that rude. I'm happy for you to sacrifice yourself on the altar of Neptunia and Mugen Souls because I like making fun of those games but I don't want to have to play them. With Last Rebellion, it sounds like there's just nothing there at all.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
At least NISA's president apologized for localizing it in the first place.

Thankfully the boxart is a dead giveaway to a casual onlooker to not buy that game.

thetruegentleman
Feb 5, 2011

You call that potato a Trump avatar?

THIS is a Trump Avatar!

Kurieg posted:

At least NISA's president apologized for localizing it in the first place.

Thankfully the boxart is a dead giveaway to a casual onlooker to not buy that game.

:stare: they made a game so bad that the president of the company apologized for it? How is that even possible? It isn't like they make the most interesting or unique games to begin with...

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

thetruegentleman posted:

:stare: they made a game so bad that the president of the company apologized for it? How is that even possible? It isn't like they make the most interesting or unique games to begin with...

Their american branch president, at least.

quote:

NIS America's president, Haru Akenaga, stated that the game was "not the kind of title we should release in the United States because of its quality", and that he felt "really sorry for our customers because we released that title"

Thuryl
Mar 14, 2007

My postillion has been struck by lightning.
Apparently the situation was that they realised how bad it was but they had a contractual obligation to localise it so they were kinda stuck.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
I don't know the full story, but unlike a lot of games NISA publishes, it actually was published by NIS in Japan - but it was developed mainly or completely by a different studio, Hit Maker. It looks like Last Rebellion was aptly named - apparently it was their last released game, and they filed for bankruptcy in 2014. :(

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

Yeah Last Rebellion was a massive shitshow and playing it really impresses one on that regard.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Thuryl posted:

Apparently the situation was that they realised how bad it was but they had a contractual obligation to localise it so they were kinda stuck.

Yeah, it was tied into the contract of a few other good games by the Japanese publisher.

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

I'll have some more Delta/Cass versions of Kanon/Tattoria scenes this week, I just couldn't get motivated enough to push into the last bit of this in time to have content to bring on the road with me. I'm just going to have to cowboy up when I get home and get this done, because I really want to get on to other things.

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

Let’s have some more awkward moments with Delta and Cass!

On the subject of babies

Okay, it's done. Both of you, please make sure you eat all your meals with this from now on.
Sure... Wait, Kanon. Aren't you giving me the wrong bowl?
Yeah, mine is the smaller one, right?
Hm? What are you talking about? It should be obvious that the larger one is for you, Casty.
Hahaha, looks like she sees you as a little piggy.
Kanon, that's really rude! I can't eat this much.
Yes, I know that... However, you can't stay this way forever, right?
Thinking about the future, you need to eat more, and build a strong, healthy body, Casty.
What do you mean "the future"? I'm already healthy right now...
You may feel that way now, but if you think about pregnancy, childbirth, and raising children, you'll need more.
Wha!?
W-what!? Cass, are you... When did this happen!?
T-this is a misunderstanding! Hey Kanon, I'm not pregnant!!
You aren't right now, but you will be in the future, correct?
W-well, um... I will... Maybe...
That's why you need to eat more, starting now.
Without a healthy body, there may be some sort of effect on the development of the baby.
You will need to eat a lot, giving plenty of nutrition to your unborn child to deliver a healthy baby...
In order to do that, you should begin eating more starting now, so that you can have a healthy child faster.
Guh, um... There's a lot I want to say about this, but I can't argue when you're showing so much concern...
H-haha... Well, I can understand how you feel.
Delta, you too.
M-me!?
Once Casty is pregnant, it will be your duty to support her.
You need to build physical strength, to become a husband who can support her when she's pregnant.
Wait, husband... We aren't even married or anything yet...
Isn't that just a matter of time?
That's, well... Yeah... I guess, but...
A-anyway, I'll make sure to eat well! I think that's enough for today.
Very well. Also, Casty...
Be sure to have a healthy child.
Uu, give me a break already...

The bread that was supposed to look like Ion.

Hmm... The flavor is really good...
Yeah, if this was served with tea, I wouldn't be able to stop eating them.
You like it? I have plenty, so go ahead and eat as much as you'd like.
Well, the flavor is good, but... The appearance is, you know?
Yeah. Why is it in the shape of a monster?
M-monster!?
What are you saying? Don't you see that this is Ionasal's face?
What!?
This is Ion!?
Yes. This is a snack I made in the shape of Ionasal's face. I call it Ionasabread.
Yet you call it a monster... I feel very sorry for Ionasal.
No, I think making her face to look like a monster is even worse.
That's right. What about this looks like Ion? Everything from the outline to the the face are just a mess.
A mess... This is a splendid work of art.
This is a representation of the aura flowing from Ionasal, the deepest parts of her soul.
You represented the deepest parts of her soul with a monster? I'm feeling even more sorry for her now.
We definitely can't show this to Ion. It might end up depressing her.
I already showed it to her.
Although, when I said that I'd like to commercialize this, she seemed to dislike the idea quite strongly...
I'd question her sanity if she was happy about it.

On the subject of a very creepy puppet.

Huh? Hey, this is Uukun.
Does this mean you were watching Genom Time back in the day, Casty?
I wasn't watching it because I wanted to. There just happened to be nothing else on during that time slot.
Hey, could you explain it so I understand? What's Uukun?
You were watching it back then too...
Oh right. You don't remember...
A long time ago, back on Ra Ciela, there was a show called Genom Time.
It was the program with the largest budget on the Manjusara Public Broadcasting Station.
I'm sure. The rest of the shows on that channel were so boring, I don't think anyone actually watched them.
Manjusara Public Broadcasting Station?
It was also known as MHK. Do you at least remember the name?
Hmm...
It looks like you don't.
If he remembered MHK and didn't remember us, I'd be pretty mad.
W-well, now I know there was a show called Genom Time. Was this one of the characters from that show?
Yup. He was the perverted Genom, Uukun.
I never liked him because of his perversion, but he was popular among viewers for his creepiness.
Popular for being creepy... I don't get it at all.
But this brings back memories... Looking at this, I kind of want to watch that show again.
Hehe... Well, there's something that could help you remember the show.
Delta, press the button on the Uukun Puppet.
Button...? Oh, this... Alright!
Uukun Puppet: "I want to do First Harmonics with you, girlie."
What a creep! And what's with this voice!?
I took some of Uukun's famous lines from the show.
It plays back various voices at random, so go ahead and try it some more.
Is everything in here this creepy? Whatever, I'll try it again...
Uukun Puppet: "Please Harmonize with me! Just once! One time is okay, right? Right!?"
Wow, I remember that. That was from the episode "What's Harmonization?"
...You know too much about this. Anyway, one last time...
Uukun Puppet: "Girlie, you shouldn't disobey me. There's a legend where Genom who are NEET for 30,000 years become wizards."
This is the first line from the legend episode. Afterwards, the girl punches Uukun in the gut and sends him flying.
Uukun's sexual harassment lines, and the brutal responses by the girl, were very popular among viewers.
...MHK was definitely putting money into the wrong kind of shows.

Tattoria gives Cass poison tea because reasons.

Mm... It smells nice, and tastes great... This is how tea should be.
I know I said this earlier, but don't drink too much. There's no guarantee of coming back from Sharanoir.
That's fine, I've already gone there and back a few times.
You shouldn't go to heaven like it's somewhere in your neighborhood.
Don't worry, I won't drink so much that I'd end up in heaven.
Also, isn't Cass' way of drinking tea super cool? She's like a high class girl.
Of course, because I really am a high class girl.
S-seriously!?
Why are you so surprised, Delta!? Shouldn't that be me and Tattoria's reaction?
Oh, uh... I don't have any memories of the past, so this is the first time I've heard of it...
But now I finally understand. I thought it was strange how Cass sometimes had an elegant air...
Hehe, don't forget again, okay?
But seeing how a high class girl like Cass likes it, they really must be something amazing from heaven.
High class ladies are always particular about their tastes, so it's gotta be true.
...You shouldn't say things like that. It sounds strangely rude.
Wow...
Huh, what's up?
It's so lovely... There's a big field of flowers...
Woah!! Hey, when did you empty the tea pot!?
Oh, I wanted her to bring back some more herbs, so I kept giving her refills.
Cass, a handful is okay, but would you mind picking some more?
O-okay... Just a little more... And my hand will... Zzzzz...
Delta, wake Cass up, hurry! She won't be able to come back!
I know! Hey Cass, don't go to sleep, wake up! If you go over there, you'll die!!
It would be a problem if she didn't bring back some herbs...
It would be even more of a problem if she died! Cass, wake up, Cass!!

The Distiline gets Delta in trouble.

...You really should stop making this. You already know it won't sell.
That's not true. It'll sell just fine.
It would also be dangerous if it were to sell somehow.
Is this really that dangerous? Could it be poison?
No, it's not poison. It's just that the effect is a little...
If you're curious, try drinking it.
There's no way we'd drink it knowing it's dangerous.
But if you don't drink it, you won't know what effect it has, right?
That's true... Delta, try drinking some.
Why are you trying to get me to drink it like it's the natural choice?
Ladies first, you should drink it instead, Cass...
"Ladies first" doesn't apply to having a lady drink poison, you know?
...So what you're saying is you intended for me to check if it was poison from the very beginning.
I already said it's not poison. It's just...
Well in that case... I'll drink it!
I'm still in the middle of explaining it!
Wow, you chugged it!? You're pretty brave...
Phew! That was unexpectedly tasty!!
I made the flavor something even kids could drink. I'm thoughtful like that.
Haha, you're still a kid anyway, Tattoria.
...No, I think it would be better to say you're a shorty, rather than a kid.
S-shorty...
I told you it's dangerous.
Delta, that's mean. It would be better to just call him a kid.
Hmm... Cass, you're too nice to little brats.
Even though you're just a tsundere witch who casually has me check for poison...
Wha!? W-who are you calling a tsundere witch!?
Cass, stop! You can't get mad.
But he called me a witch...
That's the effect of the Distiline, it's not Delta's intention.
When you drink this, it makes you want to start "dissing" other people.
Why would you make something useless like that!? Vio, you shouldn't let Tattoria make things like this.
I told him to stop multiple times, and warned him that this kind of thing wouldn't sell.
You just warned him? That pretty much means you didn't do jack squat.
Grr... I know it's the Distiline talking, but it's still annoying...
Well, I think it would be pretty cool to use this when you actually needed it.
...Sounds like it would only be useful for arguing with someone you hate.
I'm sure there's more uses than that. You don't have any imagination at all, witch.
...You're going to be begging for mercy once that effect wears off.

Cass tries an RNA with unexpected results.

Vio, how did it look? Does it seem like Cass is coming back?
No, not yet. She's locked herself in the back room, and won't come out.
Hmm... That's why I told her to stop. I warned her that it was dangerous to use with the scale switch on.
I know you said that, but you could have explained it a little more clearly.
It's hard to understand when you say it's dangerous for these pretty scales to protect your body, so turn it off.
You should have just told her she'd become a fish-person if it covered her in scales.
Well, I kind of wanted to see what it looked like at least once.
Cass just happened to be eager to try it, so I thought it couldn't hurt...
She was probably imagining her whole body glistening radiantly...
I think so too.
But... That was just too cruel.
Yeah... I seriously felt bad for her.
Tattoria, you'd better remove that scale switch before Cass comes back out.
Huh, is that okay? It's still on.
Obviously I mean after you turn it off. Do you want something like this to happen again?
There's still no sign of her coming out. It must have been a terrible shock for her...

Thuryl
Mar 14, 2007

Delta and Cass being embarrassed by Kanon being overly solicitous about kids is at least progress over Delta and Cass constantly bickering. The two of them are actually acting like they're in a relationship for once.

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

I'll be traveling for work twice as often for the near term, but I've also finished some of the things that I was wasting time with earlier so chances are good of me getting recording done this week.

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

Sorry guys it's been a really bad week, I've been sick and one of our dogs died and getting more Ar Nosurge just hasn't been something I've been interested in. I still hope to record some in the next couple days though.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

The LP Curse strikes again. Sorry to hear about your dog :smith:

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

Let’s do some more shop talks.

On the subject of books.

I-I finally finished writing it...
Good work Delta.
I'm sure you're tired, so take a break. You earned it.
Yeah, I'll do that. Cass, I'll leave the rest to you.
Okay... But still, you memorized all of this, Kanon?
Yes, of course.
You remember the arbitration institution back on Ra Ciela, right Casty?
Memorizing the scriptures of that institution was one of the duties assigned to me.
Was it fun to read? I don't really understand the parts I've seen...
Think about my feelings having to write it all down!
Also, wasn't it inefficient to have me write it while Kanon dictated?
I think it would have gone by a lot faster if Kanon just wrote it all down herself.
...Delta, you realize these are scriptures, correct?
Even if this is just a manuscript, it's still a sacred item.
Don't you think you'd incur some sort of divine punishment trying to get something like that so easily?
They had such a sacred scripture, but the arbitration institution is gone now, right?
Doesn't that mean this thing is worthless now?
Uu... Delta, sometimes you say some very painful things.
And it's not like you can it to attack the enemy or convert them to your side, right?
In fact, having to write this all by hand did some serious mental damage to me. I don't see where the value is.
N-no, this is only the first time you've done it so you just haven't realized it yet.
I'm sure if you repeat it a few times you'll start to understand the value of it, Delta...
You can just copy it with a machine. Isn't it really inefficient to write it all by hand?
Kanon, there are some people in this world who will never understand, no matter how hard you try to explain it.
He isn't saying anything wrong either, so I'm frustrated that I can't defend against his argument.

Tattoria’s crazy amnesia dust.

What's this? There's some sort of powder inside...
Cass, be careful! That powder is medicine. If you get it too close to your face, you'll lose your memories.
I-I'd lose my memories!?
Well, it doesn't have an effect unless you think about the memories you want to erase, so it's not too dangerous...
But there's a chance you're thinking of it subconsciously, so I still think you should be careful with it.
Are you saying this medicine lets you choose exactly which memories you want to forget about?
That's right.
This Snow of Amnesia is a super useful memory erasing drug.
...Is it actually effective?
Of course, I tested it on Vio.
There you go again... Nothing like that ever happened.
That's because I erased those memories. Ion and Earthes witnessed it happen too, you know?
Hahaha, that's not...
...Wait, now that I think about it, something seems strange about the time we made this for them...
So, does this do what I think it does?
If you use this powder while thinking of erasing a memory, you can even erase the memories of others?
Yeah, you can.
This would be ridiculously dangerous if it was abused! Cass, be really careful with that.
Hey, Delta...
Huh? What?
...I love you.
I see...
Wait, WHAT!?
I really love you Delta! I want to be together with you forever!!
W-what's going on, Cass!? This isn't the place for a love confession!
Don't say it like this is some weird place! This is like my castle!
Your kind smile, your stern look during battle, your silly face during Purification, I love it all!
Delta, I really... I really do love you!
It's really hard for me to be honest about it, but you're always on my mind, Delta!
C-Cass...
Delta... Close your eyes.
Hurry...
...I-I got it...
Here, like this?
I know what's going on! They're going to kiss, aren't they!?
Don't interrupt them!
...Are they closed?
Y-yeah...
Good... Then...
...Oh, no way!!
Huu!!
BWAH!?
Woah, she blew the Snow of Amnesia on him!
Gah, guh! W-what the hell are you doing all of a sudden!?
More importantly...
There's no "more importantly" here! Why would you do something like...
Just listen to me!!
Ugh... F-fine...
Delta, can you remember what we were doing just now?
What do you mean? We got the Snow of Amnesia from Tattoria, right?
I just told you to be careful, and you suddenly blow it all over me. What were you thinking...
...So this medicine really does work.
I really like this medicine! Delta, let's buy a whole bunch of it!!
We don't have a use for it. First of all, we haven't even checked to see if it works yet...
...I get the feeling there would be a lot of side effects if you overused this, so I think you should stop.

On zombies.

That stinks! Delta, don't come near me!!
I-it smells so bad... Delta, you don't smell it?
No, not at all. In fact it's not just smell, I can't feel any sensation, or even temperature in my body.
Heh heh, pretty awesome, right? I call it the Zombilambskin.
It turns your body into a zombie, and you don't feel pain from damage. It makes you really tough, right?
W-well, I guess it's good not to feel pain if I got hit or burned, but not having sensation is a little...
I can't feel the weight of my weapon, or the feeling of standing on the ground, so it's really weird.
M-more importantly, can you do something about this awful stench? My nose feels like it's gonna fall off.
That's only natural. Zombies are rotten corpses, so of course they'd stink of rotten flesh.
...It wouldn't just be a minor nuisance to use this in a city.
They'd probably try to slay you, so it's probably best not to ever use this outside of battle.
Delta, could you take that thing off? I really can't bear this smell anymore.
I got it. There, I took it...
URGH, that stinks! What's with this smell of rotting garbage!?
Uh oh, looks like the smell is in your clothes.
The stench is just that powerful. It would be weird if it didn't stick.
I'll give you some detergent, so you should wash them before going to bed.
...I'm a little worried this won't come out with a simple wash.

More poison from Tattoria.

Delta, that's not the way! You need to go left!
Over here, huh... Alright, now I just need to go down the path...
I did it, GOOOAAAAL!! Now I can eat this, right?
Yeah, the poison in the bread and the poison from the tube should counteract each other, and make it safe to eat.
...Probably.
Don't stick a worrying word like that at the end.
It's fine. I just double checked, and the chocolate is definitely reaching from start to finish.
You should eat it while it's warm.
Yeah. Cass, let's eat.
Okay, here goes! Om...
Woah, this is super delicious!!
The outside is crispy, and the inside is fluffy. The sweetness of the bread and chocolate go together so well!
Tattoria, you should be a baker. You'd definitely make a lot of money.
...Have you completely forgotten that one wrong move would make that bread poisonous?

Seriously what is it with this guy.

...I'm definitely not drinking this.
I won't either. Anyway, that means you're drinking it, Delta.
Hey, Cass. These guys are trying to kill me, aren't they?
Both of you, you shouldn't force Delta to drink poison like this.
Delta's just a normal human, he'll die if he drinks poison.
That's fine, I guarantee this isn't poisonous.
This might be hard to believe, but the ingredients in here are all very good for the body.
...Then why would you give it a misleading name like Pokuri Sweat?
I think a name like Energy Sweat, or Extreme Recovery Sweat would be easier to understand.
That's terrible!!
You're terrible!!
Okay, okay, I get it. You can call it Pokuri Sweat or Death Sweat or whatever you want.
I'm telling you, the ingredients are good for the body, so it'll help you recover...
And I'm telling you to give it a better name...
Hmm... I give up. I don't see any point to talking about it any more.
I'm thirsty, so I'll drink this.
Now you want to drink it? I thought you'd still be suspicious about it.
There shouldn't be a problem if it just recovers energy. Alright, here goes.
...Is he going to be okay?
I think a human like Delta would be fine. Chug, chug!!
Gulp... BLERGH!?
EWWW!! W-what are you doing!? Don't throw up in my store!
D-Delta, are you okay!?
Gah, urgh... Y-you guys... What the hell's with this flavor!?
The moment I drank it, this horrible flavor spread from my mouth to my whole body, and I almost fainted!
Ouch, sounds like it was no good...
It might not taste good to us, but we thought a human like you might be able to enjoy drinking it.
You mean you guys already drank this, and knew it was terrible?
Yes, Tattoria and I both drank it, and we threw up just like Delta.
D-don't make me drink something like that!
Stop chatting, and help me clean up the shop!!
You could have at least prepared a bucket if you knew this might happen.

Cass suffers another test.

Hehe, hehehe... I feel really good for some reason.
...She really is smiling. And she looks like she's in a really good mood.
We didn't test it when we gave it to Ion, so we didn't know what would happen... This seems dangerous.
Huh, why?
Because it's not like anything good happened, but she's smiling so happily.
I understand now why some say that it's kind of creepy when natural smiles suddenly lose all meaning.
But she really is happy, right?
I think it would be more accurate to say she's positive, rather than happy.
What does that mean?
Hmm, let's see... Alright Delta, try saying something insulting to Cass.
Why would I do that!? She'd get mad at me if I said that.
Don't worry, as long as she's using the Peace Marclass, she won't get mad.
Also, doing that will be the best way for you to understand her positive mood.
...Seriously?
If you're curious, try it out. Go on, just say anything you want.
...A-alright, something simple...
Cass... Have you gained weight lately?
Have I? I never even noticed.
But that's proof that you're always looking at me. Hehe, I'm glad.
Heh heh, there you have it. Do you understand now?
...This is really scary.
Yeah... I felt chills just hearing what Cass said.
Real human emotions are very important.
Hehe, I'm glad you noticed, Vio.
S-stop it Cass. Don't smile at me like that...

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Since it's near Valentines' Day, I feel this is appropriate. http://ar-ciel.unit03.net/at5th_vt_fcs/index.html

Lunar Suite
Jun 5, 2011

If you love a flower which happens to be on a star, it is sweet at night to gaze at the sky. All the stars are a riot of flowers.
I'm kinda disappointed CLASS::EXPAJA didn't even make it into a major boss battle. It just sorta comes in and, despite sounding pretty epic, leaves just as fast.

Kadorhal
Jun 3, 2013

Look, just sign the stupid petition. I've got stuff to do.

Tired Moritz posted:

Since it's near Valentines' Day, I feel this is appropriate. http://ar-ciel.unit03.net/at5th_vt_fcs/index.html

Thuryl
Mar 14, 2007

Oh good, so that glitch wasn't just me.

I got Luca. Considering my dating history... yeah, that's about right.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten

Thuryl posted:

Oh good, so that glitch wasn't just me.

I got Luca. Considering my dating history... yeah, that's about right.

I got Luca too, even though I disagreed with her once.

Lunar Suite
Jun 5, 2011

If you love a flower which happens to be on a star, it is sweet at night to gaze at the sky. All the stars are a riot of flowers.
I too got Luca.

Thuryl
Mar 14, 2007

Hey, neat, it gives you different questions based on how you answered the previous ones. This time I got... Bishop Falss. Maybe I should have quit while I was ahead.

GodofDiscord
Sep 5, 2013

Not the strongest, but the cutest.
I got Mir. :toot: It's a dream come true.

Materant
Jul 22, 2010

see, what you don't understand is he now has

THE MANLIEST MUSTACHE

it defies physics

I got Jacqli myself. I'm sure that says more about the questions I got rather than me, but still.

megamariox
Jun 4, 2011
I got Saki.... not sure what that means.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

Materant posted:

I got Jacqli myself. I'm sure that says more about the questions I got rather than me, but still.

I got her too. She says it's because you picked so many joke answers, but... they were so tempting...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
How did you all get Luca? I got Cocona and Jacqil, and I was specifically aiming for Luca the second time.

• Locked thread